• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fxr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Thanks for looking in. So today my WOZ would start to boot, computer on, fans on, but never get anywhere. It would just flash a little box center screen and black out, then repeat over and over. The screen never comes up. Started looking around and found if I shut the monitor off the game boots up fine, everything working but the monitor. Turn monitor on, the LED turns green on the little monitor board then turns red and down goes the game and the monitor. Monitor won't stay on now either. It was in a state of always on of course before I shut it off and let the game boot. Any ideas what I could look for? Check all the connecting behind the monitor and they all seem fine. Appreciate any help and thank you in advance.

#3 8 years ago

I do. I'll try that right now.

#5 8 years ago

Okay. Seems video output is fine. It's almost like the power supply for the monitor is the issue. Game boots up perfectly, switch the monitor on and I can see a flash of the OZ display and its okay. Then in a second it pulses, I can hear the computer fan rpm go down for a second and then the monitor and game crash.

#7 8 years ago

I'll do just that Loyd. Everything works fine right up till you turn the monitor on. Then I see a quick game display on the monitor and down they go. Appreciate all your input everyone. Thanks again.

#8 8 years ago

Put in a ticket with JJP , hopefully resolve this issue soon. It's either power supply for monitor, or the monitor itself. Seems the monitor gets power from plug marked coin door on the power supply board. Coin door power is working fine so maybe monitor ??? Damn, first real issue with it in almost two years. And I just got done saying my WOZ has never had issues. Serves me right to jinx myself like that. Anyone else ever have this issue?

#11 8 years ago

Monitor driver board? Is that the board that supply's power to opto's and coin door down in the computer case?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13 8 years ago

Thanks. Now no power at coin door and no boot. Think I might need two boards. Damn, this sucks!

Quoted from wtatumjr:It's a rather small board located in the backbox. You have to remove the 4 or so screws that hold the monitor in place. JJP offered a quick replacement

#15 8 years ago

Thanks for all your replys, much appreciated. Just got off the phone with Frank down at JJP. Sending me out a couple of new boards for replacement. He was extremely kind and took his time going over the issue Im experiencing. Could not have been easier getting support. Very impressed with JJP support and Frank, who was still awesome even though I interrupted his first cup of coffee this morning. Kudos JJP and thank you.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Hearing about support like this helps me feel better buying WOZ.

I've had my WOZ almost two years now, they didn't hesitate to want to get my pin back up again. In sixty years I can't recall any company supporting a product as well as JJP has in my humble opinion. Fear not on your purchase, JJP crew will be standing behind you.

#19 8 years ago

Ding dong. Present from JJP ! That was fast, thank you JJP crew. And I thought I was going to be bored today. No, just board install ! image.jpegimage.jpeg

#20 8 years ago

Good as new. Replaced monitor driver board, power supply board and new motherboard. Didn't think I needed a motherboard but JJP wanted me to change it out just in case.

Difference in monitor driver boards. New one on top. image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Thanks Loyd and JJP support. Happy, happy, happy.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I had issues just like this after updating to the last code release and swapped out th power supply down by coinbox

Well I can tell you what I've learned, doubt your having a monitor driver board issue. If you did have the same issue as I did it wouldn't even let you boot the game unless you powered down the monitor first. That board is located behind your monitor in the back box. In two years I never had the lights go off on the playfield until I changed all the boards this week. I experienced it one time the day I changed the power supply and motherboard but it hasn't done it again, and it got played a ton yesterday. I don't think it software related as I had been running the 5.05 before the board swaps without issue. I'm not worrying about it since it only happened the one time. Boot times are much longer then they were so be patient when booting. I believe it's some sort of security routine on the software. Sometimes takes longer than 30 seconds so don't be to quick on shutting it off and rebooting. Hope that helps ya even a little bit.

#23 8 years ago

If the playfield light issue is software related I'm sure Keith will fix that soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fxr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-wont-boot-up-if-monitor-is-on?tu=fxr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.