(Topic ID: 177932)

WOZ Oz Head LEDs Failing?

By darkryder

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0365 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0368 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0367 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0364 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0363 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0361 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from darkryder:

So I did some troubleshooting of the light strip and determined that it had a bad solder connection. The LEDs would shine brightly if I squeezed one of the LEDs tightly against the strip. I tried carefully soldering the LED connection to the strip, but now it doesn't light at all. Steve from JJP is sending me a new replacement LED strip for the Oz head.

For those light strips, the way to get the wire soldered to it is to get a small amount of solder to adhere to the terminal pad of the strip. Then attaching the wire is easy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DCFAN.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-wizard-light-failing?tu=DCFAN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.