• Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rennervision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago

I'm having the opposite problem where the right witch switch always reads stuck open. I can clearly see its making the proper contact with the plate and I can play around with it in a switch test by pushing on the plate and seeing it change from open to closed. But just when I think it's fine it'll go back to registering as stuck open again.

EDIT: OK nevermind. I'll spare Lloyd the trouble of having to repost his suggestion again. That's what fixed it.

#19 4 years ago

As it turns out, adjusting the placement of the switchplate or even bending the switch arms isn't helping me much. I've got the switchplate moved as close as possible to the switch arms. I'm honestly starting to think the springs for the switchplate aren't doing their job anymore. The plate just isn't returning to it's proper neutral position so the switches will frequently register as active. I've gone from the right switch not working right, to both switches not working right after all my attempts to fix.

I've done this so many times, I've dropped and lost three of the nuts inside the machine! (That's when I decided to quit - and after breaking a stud off one of the spots where a nut goes. ) So this just hasn't been my day.

Should I look into new springs, or keep trying adjustments? And y'all wouldn't happen to know what size these tiny nuts are? (M5? M2.5?) I'm going to need about 50 more of them.

#21 4 years ago

Ah yes, I see now - item 8e. Thanks Lloyd.

#22 4 years ago

So this problem is about to make me quit pinball. Once I get one switch to work right, I add the second switch and then it messes everything up. (Either a switch shows stuck open, or can no longer register. Fix one switch, and then the problem flips over to the other switch.) Hours of bending arms and tightening/retightening nuts aren't helping. The switches no longer return to their proper state in unison. Between me breaking a stud off one spot due to accidentally overtightening to me creating a secret treasure trove of tiny hex nuts hidden throughout my machine because I keep dropping them and losing them, I'm ready to sell this machine over a microswitch error! I absolutely cannot believe a damn microswitch has me so beaten.

Is there anyway to purchase the entire witch assembly again? (Part 52-0032-00) Drastic I know - but I'm sick of this, plus it's the only way to now tighten two nuts for the right switch. Unfortunately I do not see this part available from JJP. But since I've gone insane who knows - maybe it's right there in plain sight.

1 month later
#24 4 years ago

Just wanted to provide an update that I fixed my problem and hopefully this solution will help others. In my case, the left and right switches were always showing as stuck open. So I first removed the insulator and brackets attached to one side of each microswitch (as circled in my first photo). With these removed, I could now remove the switch arms. To do this, I inserted a tiny flathead screwdriver in the spot where the bracket attaches to a tiny nub on the side of the switch casing (like I’m doing in the second photo). With a twist of the screwdriver, the arm should pop right off. Then I reattached it to the next nub down (a red arrow is pointing to it in the second photo).

After making this change and reassembling everything, the witch was as good as new. Switches now registered correctly and all is well.
3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rennervision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-switch-issue?tu=rennervision and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.