(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,610 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WozCastleEdge-001 (resized).jpeg
Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1253 Flying Monkey Video Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #1713 Monkey mod wait list Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #2400 Monkey mod install video. Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2776 Flying monkey pics Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2966 Monkey installation video Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rennervision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1362 5 years ago

I'm in. Just bought a WOZ and was looking for some mods to add. I am floored by how fantastic that monkey looks!

3 months later
#1594 5 years ago

Hi Steve - Looks like I replied before the list started. (Post #1362) Please add me down for one of those wonderful monkeys.

4 months later
#1954 5 years ago

Yes Steve - not sure if this counts as an official list yet - but I would very much like your fantastic-looking witch also. (If possible I actually would prefer just the witch though, minus the red smoke because I'm very happy right now with my witch's well mod.) Hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones.

1 month later
#2173 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

SSSHHHHHH... it's peeling away in a small section.

Hmmm... mine is doing the exact same thing in that same spot.

4 months later
#2624 4 years ago

Hi Steve. As was mentioned, I'm not sure if this is an official list yet. But if it is, please add me in behind everyone else so far. Thank you.

2 weeks later
#2816 4 years ago

My daughter's favorite historical figure just happens to be Harry Houdini. Her least favorite is Thomas Edison because he stole so many other people's ideas. I think the "new witch guy" picked the wrong username.

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#2957 4 years ago

My beautiful new monkey has taken flight, but now I seem to be having some odd monkey shenanigans that I can't quite figure out.

Sometimes he flies down to pick up the ball and then just stays there. The ball eventually rolls away and he doesn't fly back up to the castle. Even if the ball drains, he just sits there at the magnet pickup spot. He's not stuck on anything; he moves fine in test mode. But I'll have to power off the machine and turn it back on for him to reset and work normal again.

Then there's the other weird scenario if he does successfully pick up the ball. Every time he takes it up to the castle, the door opens to release it and registers a virtual lock. The switch behind the door works and the game does not go into search mode after the monkey drops the ball off up there. But the door always immediately opens now to release it.

Anyone else having these issues?

#2960 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Have you done a switch test in the service menu?

I have. The switch is working, but maybe it's something like Steve said where the ball isn't landing right on the switch now that I've moved the door slightly. (Although that wouldn't explain why he sometimes seems stuck at the "Capture Dorothy" spot.) I'll look at it some more today.

I was kind of curious by the way about the placement of the light. As best I could tell from the install video, there's a strip of wood underneath the backbox (right at the front edge) about the same depth as the light where it goes. If it's placed further back, it would actually go behind this strip and you really wouldn't see it anymore if you try to look for it. (All you could do is feel for it.) So mine is situated as close to the front of the backbox as possible, like so...

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

Is that where everyone is putting there's?

#2962 4 years ago

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I'll go ahead and do that. Thanks Steve.

#2979 4 years ago

I felt like the video could benefit from some close-up shots from time to time (and I got a little confused at first with the placement of the light as the video is using an older prototype), but I just followed it along, pausing it and doing exactly what was shown with no installment issues - and I'm the worst repairman you would ever want to hire. I did encounter some monkey issues a few days ago, but I think that has more to do with maybe the monkey magnet sensor and isn't really related to the monkey mod itself. I certainly couldn't have installed it so easily without the video by my side.

3 months later
#3227 4 years ago

Looks great Steve. You have a wonderful creative mind!

#3274 4 years ago

I'm in Steve! Thank you!

#3389 4 years ago

By my calculations there's one more spot left.

#3390 4 years ago

Sorry - I mean 2 spots left.

2 months later
#3803 3 years ago

Oh man. I'm afraid I've really botched this crystal ball installation. The black plastic base did not come off for me. Every piece I tried to grab with my crescent wrench just broke off until I was left with nothing more to grab onto. So I used a dremel tool to take off the rest. It left me with an ugly black spot underneath, but I thought it would still work.

1 rvsd (resized).jpg1 rvsd (resized).jpg

But then, when I placed it in the new base I realized I had a problem. I'll admit I'm a little confused about the proper placement of the ball because if I place the flat end up against the little display screen, there's a huge gap between the front of the base and the ball. (That can't be right.)

2 rvsd (resized).jpg2 rvsd (resized).jpg

Furthermore, that means the ugly black spot is on full display.

3 rvsd (resized).jpg3 rvsd (resized).jpg

The best I can do is reposition the ball so it's on the base, but then the screen is not 100% covered by the ball. Either way, the ugly black spot is still visible.

4 rvsd (resized).jpg4 rvsd (resized).jpg

I'm thinking I'm pretty much screwed.

#3805 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would have suggested adhesive remover as someone pointed out in this thread over grinding. Still looks repairable just need to take your time.

Yeah, not my best moment. I was thinking it wouldn't matter if I didn't get all of it off because I thought the ball sits back on the same spot as before. I've removed dealership logos off cars with a hairdryer and dental floss, so maybe I should have tried that. This thing was unbelievably welded on though. I'm thinking the employee of the month glued it.

#3808 3 years ago

OK - I'll see what I can do. I know it's my own dumb fault by rushing while using gorilla strength. This isn't the first time I've screwed something up in my machine and it won't be the last I'm sure. I did call JJP and they're in the process of moving, but worst-case scenario, they can ship me a new one when they're all situated.

#3809 3 years ago

The good news is I was able to bend my little TV bracket so it is now properly positioned behind the ball resting on the base. Now that the display is at the correct angle, it does help reduce the visibility of the messed up botttom.

1 month later
#3888 3 years ago

I'm at a loss here guys. I tried to install the crystal ball today and I can't even get the glass back in place now over the machine. It's just too high.

I've experimented for hours. At one point I even tried placing the base under the wireform (which I know is the opposite of what the directions say). The glass will just barely clear over it in that position, but then a ball can't move around it.

And while trying that approach, the wireform pressing against the left side of the crystal ball popped it off its base so I'm back to square one. Here are some photos of what it looked like with the supposed correct installation method...
0627202225 (resized).jpg0627202225 (resized).jpg0627202225a (resized).jpg0627202225a (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4393 3 years ago

I'm in! Thanks Steve.

#4472 3 years ago

My pounding heart doesn't think it's going to be able to handle too many more of these mod releases.

#4569 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Ok,
This list is pretty clean. The previous list had a dupe and a few spelling and capitalization errors:
Let me know if I missed something. Total WCTD (Witch Count To Date) 104.

#12 is "rennervision" in case that makes any difference. Thanks.

2 months later
#4814 3 years ago

Well I just installed mine, and the very first time I saw it light up my jaw dropped. In fact, I may need to see a doctor about how to close my mouth again. Steve - I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. It's like my machine is brand new once more. God bless you sir - you saved 2020!

1 year later
#5471 2 years ago

The days/hours leading up to Steve's next mod going on sale is becoming too stressful. I'll be constantly checking my internet speed. Must remember to fully charge my mouse. Then there's all the mental preparation along with frequent hand dexterity exercises. It's basically a Rocky montage. Part of me hopes this time it's for a machine I don't own so I can sit this one out.

3 weeks later
#5554 2 years ago

That video Steve posted yesterday... Ouch.

9 months later
#6095 1 year ago

My hope is Steve will one day add a Godzilla to his collection.

5 months later
#6273 12 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

The box is a little more boring now, because we lost a Gus somewhere in Australia last time and I don't want that to happen again.

It's always one bad apple that has to ruin it for everybody.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rennervision.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod?tu=rennervision and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.