(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,602 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg
20231209_102646 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1253 Flying Monkey Video Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #1713 Monkey mod wait list Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #2400 Monkey mod install video. Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2776 Flying monkey pics Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2966 Monkey installation video Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#203 7 years ago

Please add me to the list!

2 weeks later
#295 7 years ago

Someone should post installation instructions (or a link) with pics and give some tips if you get into trouble (as I always do) especially adjusting the witch height.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

If you can work a screwdriver, you can install it.

Should add "without hurting yourself" (me only perhaps...)

2 weeks later
#405 7 years ago

Now all we can do is put a hundred games on it and check for wear and ball hangs?
My witch can seems to have zero scratches or dents from ball strikes...so im confident that there shouldn't be a ball hang there.

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You are missing the rubber on the left as well.

Is it missing or just rolled way up high?

#415 7 years ago

Yep, definitely missing!
You actually need that one too! The ball slams into that post all the time, I have had to replace both of those (on either side of the witch switch) on my game due to splitting off.

1 week later
#438 7 years ago

Add me to the list for a second one please! (I have 2 games now...)

4 weeks later
#532 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got the mod today. Installed it in under 15 minutes. Fired it up. Here's my two-word review:
Holy shit.
This mod is a transformative one on the level of the ramp lights on Tron. The fit and finish are spectacular...and it smells great, too!
I love that you have no idea the witch is there (unlike before). When you're playing, it's tucked in a dark corner. You don't even realize what it is until it fires up.
This mod is absolute genius. I bow down humbly before you, Steve, and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

I installed mine yesterday......Ummm, what beelzeboob said above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There really are no words to describe how perfect this is for the game, The original designers can learn from you.

Thank you so much Steve!

#546 7 years ago

My witch rubs her hat a tiny bit on the front edge of the red smoke.
It doesnt affect function at all. it just might wear the paint off in time.
Do I bend the shaft or what is the best adjustment for this?

On a side note:

My wife over the last 20 years only played pinball due to boredom when ever I played at home or in a barcade and maybe sipped wine a bit.

She was just thrilled when she helped open the box on the brand new WOZ.
She just loves the game, the colors, the lights, the call-outs etc. and plays it 3-4 nights a week, and has for 4 years now.

A few weeks back I bought Matt's sculptures to freshen up the game a bit for her.
She was thrilled and excited to see the new toys and felt it was a great addition to her game.

Last sunday I installed the Steve's new witch replacement.
She insisted in helping with the job, and to inspect every detail, and to wax the PF/clean the glass when done, to get rid of any of "my" finger prints etc on "HER" game. Tested the witch up and down and was excited to see it in play.

On the first game with the glass on, she cries out "Oh My God, The witch actually does things!!!"

She has played the game for 4 years and it hadn't registered in her mind, that the witch is a big part of the game, due to being big part of the story. She had never made the connection because she had never actually seen the witch, just a plastic can with an obscured thing inside. (and her average score is over a million!)

She said this addition has totally changed the game, in her mind everything has just "clicked", and it all makes sense now, and this game will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! leave my/her collection.

Thanks Steve for making us very happy. Thanks JJP for getting my wife involved in pinball, she now considers herself a "Pinhead" and participates in WOZ strategy discussions at pinball parties and has become a great player!

Steve Gouveia - Changing pinball/Changing lives...

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

If the witches hat rubs front or back you can lift the playfield and slightly bend the whole under playfield
Mechanism. This fixed mine -it rubbed from factory

Nice, Ill try that, thanks!

1 month later
#699 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Got back alley walls today to complement my red smoke witch. Fit together a like glove. Not sure if earlier walls had this but with my wall the mounting hole was a bit oblong to allow for some positioning.

I bought the whole back alley package.
The witch mod pulls everything together perfectly, Im so very pleased!

2 months later
#827 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine arrived Monday and I installed it last night. What a fantastic high quality mod. Install was about 20 mins. If I had to do it again, would be 5 mins. Took me a little while to understand how the old witch comes out. Simply pull her up, she is on a threaded rod running through the motor. Turn the game on to get her in the up position, then pull up on her and she will slide right out.
I'm thinking about lighting up the back of her just a bit. If anyone is interested in a light back there let me know, would be tied to the same lights that currently light her in the front when she is active. Could be an orange or red light, maybe even white. I'll post a video when I get it up and running.

A little brighter illumination would be great as long as it doesnt shine in ones eyes.

1 month later
#884 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what exactly are you doing there?

sanding the smoke part level after casting.

2 weeks later
#955 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - after having this mod now for a week or so, it grows on me more and more where it's gone from a nice to have to def highly recommended. It really does look nice. If this is the last run, jump on this.

No way this is the last run !
Steve needs to live like a monk in a cave and devote his life to making these wonderful creations

4 months later
#1063 6 years ago

Sorry, there is no list. Production has ended on this for now.

2 weeks later
2 months later
#1158 5 years ago

I think it means, just chill a bit...

3 weeks later
#1180 5 years ago

If i sell my game I'll remove it and the mod will stay with me forever

In case I buy another WOZ down the road

#1186 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Happy Memorial Day!

Sign me up for 2 please.
One for each of my games.

#1187 5 years ago

Oh I forgot to say
Amazing !
Stunning !
Beautiful !
A work of art, well done

#1240 5 years ago

Cant wait to get this installed on my game!

"Monkey on my back?" Yep, I think so....Im addicted to Steve's art!

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hello everyone! First of all, thanks for all the nice compliments. I'm glad you like the monkey, because I put a F***LOAD of time into making it!!! A ridiculous amount of time, actually. But I'm really proud of it, and I can't wait to share it with you guys.
Second, for all of you who are asking, I don't have any more witches right now. I just don't and I'm sorry about that. When I get more time, I'll probably make some more, but they take so much of a commitment that it won't be for a while.
And finally, I'm not on here much right now because of work and other things, but I'll have much more of a presence on the thread soon. The monkey is not quite done, because it consists of a bunch of little parts that I've ordered and need to assemble and all that. But I'll have more time soon, and I plan on going for it and making as many as I can for you guys. So please be patient and I'll try and get to all of you.
In the meantime, here's this...
Steve
» YouTube video

I'm in for 2, Nicely done!

#1329 5 years ago

Must

Have

Monkey

At any price...

2 months later
#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

is there link for the monkey mod yet?

Links! "we don' need no stinkin' links..."

1 month later
#1395 5 years ago

First on the non-existant list!
I call dibs

3 weeks later
#1411 5 years ago

Hopefully mine are still on the list!

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

This thread is gonna crash pinside Wednesday!

Hmmm AM or PM?

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

PM. Noon.
Sorry. It was late.

Setting all of my alarms now.

#1505 5 years ago

Im in! for 1 or 2 if possible for my games.

1 week later
#1608 5 years ago

I love the Monkey Air Force, wearing Ray-Bans!

Looks sinister...

1 month later
#1754 5 years ago

WOW, incredible work as always! Thanks Steve!

If there is a waiting list for the next mod, be it the color changing horse or the actual holographic OZ head floating above the game or the emerald city that lights up in a glass dome?

Im in!

2 months later
#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I don't exactly know my spot in line....but I am willing to go to the very end. I have no problem waiting until last.

same here. I dont know where I am on the list either.
Im not in a hurry and am willing to wait for a final, dialed in product.

1 week later
#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

So congratulations on the second hand smoke?

I saw what you did there....!

2 weeks later
#1941 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Wow! I guess I'm flattered?
Honestly, I'm glad people like the mod so much that someone thinks they can get $700 bucks for it. I don't know who Pinbot1960 is. No idea. That being said, I don't mind if people sell them for a profit. Good for you. It means I made something of value.
But "someone" is going to make a small run of witches in the future, as soon as "someone" gets more of these monkeys finished. So don't feel like you have to pay "top dollar" for one. [quoted image]

Can't wait to get my monkeys!
Thanks for the amazing work

1 week later
#1998 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I've been pretty busy at work lately, but I've managed to make another bunch (herd? group? flock?) of monkeys! Also, I really wanted to make a lot at one time, but it took FOREVER. There are just way too many details to focus on at one time. So I'll be making much smaller batches now, because it's easier for me to do it that way.
Up next:
sinnisterjsb
Jvspin
MK6PIN
Metalthrashinmad
ulmpharmd (2)
wvpinball (2)
wyopin
Whitenoise3000
BR80
eharan (2)
redmamanora
KevinG
Ramjet
zutton1 (2)
jar155
arcadenerd925
paynemic (2)
PinBackpacker (2)
danisme
brett
gatordad (2)
msj2222
knobstone
PtownPin
Fizz
I'll be sending you all PM's today.
Thanks!
Steve
[quoted image]

You forgot pinballinreno lol.
Oh well I hope I get in the next batch !

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I finally saw some of the TWIPY awards on YouTube tonight. I was up against Pinstadium and ColorDMD?!?!?

You deserve all the praise!
Great work.

#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Thanks! But I meant every machine. Every single pinball machine ever made would look better with a monkey in it!

Houdini with the bandaged monkey chasing his lost ball!

1 week later
#2085 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I think you’re missing the point.

People...ya gotta love 'em! (Otherwise you wanna kill 'em) lol

#2098 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So...any plans for some new toys for Wonka?

Lets chip in for a machine for him and see what comes of it...

#2104 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

LOL. I am unsure what the plastic tube is really supposed to be.

Aquarium, terrarium, who knows what they were thinking...

#2129 4 years ago

Since Steve literally has a barrel of monkeys...?

I imagine the fun is overrated...

2 weeks later
#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

monkey business

Monkey business = newlyweds

I rest my case...

Take your time lol

1 week later
#2178 4 years ago

I don't see how I'd get the glue in there. It's a "ripple" that isn't extending to the end so I don't want to pull it back if I don't have to. I'll investigate and see if it will easily yield.

Remove button and siderail.

Slowly and Carefully peel back the loose area with a thin putty knife.

Mask everything off. Top, bottom, sides, outside. All of it.

3m 77 spray adhesive sprayed lightly.

Wait for it to dry a bit roll the area back down with a brayer.

Clean off excess with naptha

Retape on the siderail

#2180 4 years ago

The issue seemed to be the side rail pushing the radcal down. I tucked it back under and it's flush. If it comes out again I'll do that. Thanks.

Radcals are barely glued on.
They sorta float.
They are designed to be removable and replaced easily.

You did th he right thing, just push it under the siderail and call it good.

If it becomes a problem, a fix it with a lightweight glue like contact cement in a couple places like near the edges.

It's a $400 factory option. They look great.

2 weeks later
#2202 4 years ago

RapidTac what? Looks like that is more of a brand than a product.

Rapid-tac is awesome stuff.

Brand name or not, I heavily recommend it.

I have used dish soap, windex, sparkle etc.

None have produced the results and ease of application that rapid-tac does.

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Okay! I'm officially back on my thread. No more talk of dead dogs, Rapid-tac and cyanowhatever.
I apologize for the long hiatus, but I needed to take a break to work on other things. But now I've got lots of parts ready to go, so it's going to be a crazy fun summer painting party here in the garage.
I'm gonna be pretty focused on getting these little guys out to everyone, so don't be bummed if you're at the bottom of the list. I'll also be more active and available here on Pinside if you message me or have a question. So here we go!
Next up:
Boatshoe
JimRad
DesTheopta
GGBGROUP
MammoDoc
iceman44
Digimatt
twenty84
adborto
pinballinreno (2)
I'll PM you when these are ready.[quoted image]

Yay! I made the list lol.

2 weeks later
#2292 4 years ago

Just got my monkey installed!

It's amazing! Really adds to the game.

What was a colored blot on a piece of plastic is now a functioning meaningful part of the game.

It took me 25 mins to install, could have done it in 10. Its super easy. I have an ECLEWOZ with back ally walls.

Tons of room for the monkey and the door spacer.

Did have to put a bend in the wire guide as shown, about 1/16" for the screwhead to clear.

I wedged a big flat blade screwdriver between the door post and the guide to put a little bend in a couple areas.

Or use pliers and a rag as shown in the instructional video. You only have to bend it a little until the door swings freely.

I recommend a brand new high quality #2 screwdriver to remove the door screws, you need it to fit tightly into the screwheads and apply some pressure.

Pinballgoddess laughed and smiled, she loves it.

Worth every penny.

#2293 4 years ago

Cant wait for the color changing horse mod that changes as you hit the colored switches. Lol

#2296 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

One more thing regarding installation that I failed to mention in the video. The monkey will be slightly crooked when you get it. It's meant to "clamp" the magnet when you finally screw it down so it fits as tightly as possible. But if you're nervous about screwing it down because you think you might break it, or it happens to be really cold in your basement or wherever, simply hit it with a hair dryer for a few seconds to warm up the plastic and it'll bend a lot easier.[quoted image]

I saw this, and just smashed it onto the magnet bracket firmly until the screw holes lined up.

It was not an issue but worth noting in case it throws off the installer, thanks!

#2302 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

As always great tech advice!!
I actually just got Matt's Back Alley castle walls and was curious what to expect. Perfect timing with the info!
Going to attack the castle tomorrow and also fix my winky spring to, and your advice on cold solder on coil.
( above unrelated to Monkey install)

You're welcome!

#2312 4 years ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

The door was a struggle for me as well. I started to strip the bolt and so stopped. Instead I use some black electrical tape cut into thin strips. Used those strips to build up a thin bump out on the back of the door where it hits the post. It only took about 5 layers. In my opinion you can't even tell the door is slightly open
I hesitate telling you all this because if installed correctly there is no need to jerry rig it but for me the bolt was a real issue.

Brand new high quality #2 screwdriver.

It has to fit snugly into the screwhead.

The screws were only used once. The heads will be good.

If you are stripping the head, you have a garbage screwdriver or you need to press harder, or both.

Junk chinese 99 cent screwdrivers wont do it. Must be a #2

Multi bit screwdrivers are sloppy and crap for this.

I used a craftsman from 20 years ago that looked pretty new.

Press in firmly into the screw heads, very firmly.

Do not slip, take some care.

The bottom screw will be at an angle. Remove the posts there to get a straighter angle on the screwdriver if necessary.

I just pushed the screwdriver in more firmly. Really firmly.

They will crack out easily with the proper tool.

#2359 4 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I love the real monkey so much better

Steve, please refrain from installing a real live monkey, cool as the idea sounds...

I have too many pets as it is...

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Does anyone else find the picture of a monkey eating fried chicken disturbing?

Gotta be from Thailand, the whole country can be disturbing lol.

#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Hey Steve - I remember there was a difference from the video of the monkey 27 posts up - his wings were flappier than what is normal?? I can’t wait for mine to arrive and wondering if tweaking is possible for more flappiness - if even noticeable?

The wings flap a lot or a little depending on the motion of the game.

Its always different.

Pinballgoddess says it depends on the wind. Flying conditions vary lol.

1 month later
#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Yeah. We kinda stopped talking about chicken. Shame.

1 week later
#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Can we please get back on topic?

Sorry:

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep, it's that weird texture (rubbery is a good description, it also doesn't come apart like real chicken breast). I wonder if it's somehow reconstructed or formed rather than actual native white meat. Whatever it is, it's WRONG, and it's pervasive. Most of the fast food places are using it now, and it's terrible.
The closest Raising Cane's is like 400 miles away, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

I believe it to be mouse.
The other, other, other white meat.

#2438 4 years ago

When I grow up I'm opening one of these in Reno NV:

#2449 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

wings don't appear to flap much, is there any easy way to get the wings to flap??

Nudge the game a little.
The wings flap a little or a lot depending on conditions in the game.

Pinballgoddess says it depends on the wind, flying is tough if your a monkey.

#2454 4 years ago

Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich?

I think not :

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

This is the best fried chicken commercial I have seen

WTH... LOL! Give me back my fridge!

1 week later
#2475 4 years ago

The goods look totally safe under the watchful eye of Nixon.

#2499 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Is it possible that any flying monkeys will be made for those on the waiting list?[quoted image]

#2505 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Hard at work[quoted image][quoted image]

Great topper?

1 week later
#2509 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hey everyone! I decided to switch it up for the last sixty of you on the list and get the hardest technical part out of the way first. All of these wings are spring-loaded and ready to go!
Steve[quoted image]

Wow! Impressive art!

#2537 4 years ago

Now back to the real thread :

#2583 4 years ago

I'm definitely in on the new mod lol.

#2618 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Probably ought to let people know that there ain't no list yet. Seems to me that there were some who expressed interest in the Monkey mod who thought that expressing interest in the thread, prior to the official list, put them on the list. Of course, if I am wrong and this does count as being on the official list....well, nevermind...add me to the list!

I would like to be added to all of the non-existant lists.

Now and in the future

#2665 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Just to be clear (because I'm getting a lot of PM's about it), I'm not making the OZ mod. It was an idea I gave to Lior knowing that I would never make it. I wanted to help him promote his work, but that's about the extent of it. So if you have any questions about the mod, you'll have to PM him directly. Thanks! Steve

Again, there's only one
Steve Gouviea...lol.

Lior I's amazing!
Awesome work!

I'll sit this one out.
I haven't rubbed our the silver smear on my witch and monkey yet...

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Ah, the $250,000 question.

Solid gold monkey mod.
One of a kind.
$250k.

It would sell

#2672 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Is it a signature edition 1/1?

Diamond encrusted...

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I've been doing this for two years now because of all of you. So thank you. But I couldn't go back and just make the same thing over again without fixing some details.
So think of it more like your favorite album that's been remastered. It's the same album, but...
And it will be limited.

Change the silver smear to maybe blue?

#2705 4 years ago

Gonna be real busy coming up.

You're going to need energy:

Keep up your strength and vitality!

#2708 4 years ago

Was I not supposed to paint over that?

Lol

#2738 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

monkeys are my main priority

Priority monkey.

Evidently they ship well.

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

You are correct. Witch is not 3.0.

That's big news but not as big as this:

#2777 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Here come the rest! Eight years in the making!!! [quoted image]

One door closes, another one opens...

#2785 4 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

What about the witch? I heard she's making a comeback

Do you mean my ex-wife?????
I certainly hope not...

#2786 4 years ago

Lunch time:

Cant wait for KFC to sell this nationally

#2788 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Heart attack time.

Lol....!

YOLO !!!!!!!!!

#2795 4 years ago

Field of puppies you say? :

aJIIRp2 (resized).jpgaJIIRp2 (resized).jpg
#2796 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I need the witch and smoke!!!

I got you covered!

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#2799 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Nothing tops this. Period.

Lol. This would make a good witch sculpt :

#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Who is Randy?

Websters Dictionary:

Definition of randy. (Entry 1 of 2) 1 chiefly Scotland : having a coarse manner. 2 : lustful, lecherous.

Based upon this, I am...

Not every day though

#2833 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well, there is no production on the current witch, so someone took advantage to make something similar. Sounds common and not out of place to me and it doesnt appear to be an exact copy.
Of course I can understand the annoyances on the other side.
So that means you need to start production again!

Be patient...
Witch V.2 is going to be awesome.

1 week later
#2852 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

best chicken sandwich

Gotcha covered:

#2872 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

sigh...he’s still here.
Hey Scott Berry (harryhoudini),
I’ve asked you once already. Get of my thread.

Hey Scott:

#2890 4 years ago

Please everyone.

Dont feed the trolls.
Just put them on ignore.

#2893 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I agree. Unfortunately, Scott derailed it a long time ago.
And Scott!! Sorry, but your "sarcasm" excuse is complete bullshit. There is a decent way to talk to people and Pinside and there is your way. But hey. I'm glad you're still here!
Enjoy: [quoted image]

I just tested my ignore feature.

By golly, it works really good! Lol

I suggest for people to at least try it.

#2905 4 years ago

Seeing "ignored user post" gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

It might also keep me from buying cheap 3d printed mods from unscrupulous sellers that have no sense of community or boundries.

https://www.decalguy.com/pd_id_rather_be_spanking_my_monkey_vinyl_decal_sticker.cfm

Yes. I've had a couple drinks...lol

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Archived after 0 days

Sold (amount undisclosed)

Mod - For Sale

WOZ flying monkey mod

New!
Archived

New “I am selling my brand new, never installed flying monkey mod. I hate to do it but unfortunatly I have medical bills that need to get paid . Damn, being responsible sucks! $30...”

2019-10-28

Mansfield, MA

300 (Firm)

msj2222

That went fast lol!

1 week later
#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

One more thing: I have a lot of PM’s piling up regarding the witch that I haven’t responded to yet. I’m sorry about that. I’m not ignoring you, but I just figured my time was best spent finishing up the monkeys as opposed to spending it on Pinside. I’ll get back to you soon. Thanks again!
Steve

Steve, you are amazing!

Take a little break from all of this and enjoy a little time off between these projects.

200 hand made flying monkeys!

Well done!

1 week later
#2963 4 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I'll go ahead and do that. Thanks Steve.

Little strips of 1" gorilla tape.

It will hold for years.

#2964 4 years ago

My beautiful new monkey has taken flight, but now I seem to be having some odd monkey shenanigans that I can't quite figure out.
Sometimes he flies down to pick up the ball and then just stays there. The ball eventually rolls away and he doesn't fly back up to the castle. Even if the ball drains, he just sits there at the magnet pickup spot. He's not stuck on anything; he moves fine in test mode. But I'll have to power off the machine and turn it back on for him to reset and work normal again.
Then there's the other weird scenario if he does successfully pick up the ball. Every time he takes it up to the castle, the door opens to release it and registers a virtual lock. The switch behind the door works and the game does not go into search mode after the monkey drops the ball off up there. But the door always immediately opens now to release it.
Anyone else having these issues?

LTG and the WOZ club thread has all the info on this.

#2969 4 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

I installed my Monkey this weekend, and it was not as smooth as the video. In the end, the Monkey works fine, looks great, but the video lacks detail in spots, plus game-to-game variations cause issues which are not covered. Here are comments for the video and for Jersey Jack design/manufacture.
Full disclosure: I am an 'old'. Been a mechanical engineer for over 40 years. Restoring pinballs for over thirty years. More disclosure: I have a massive Snap-on Tools tool collection, I have tools you have never even dreamed of and I certainly was glad to have them for this. If I was an average tool owner with some typical worn out Phillips screwdriver of average length, this monkey would not be installed and the heads of the door screws would be completely cammed out. Crabby old guy part: I did not enjoy the video, I just kept thinking, "your jokes are lame, and you are not showing the details I need, stop wasting my time". I would really prefer line art diagrams and text instructions, (much easier to refer to instead of rewinding the video over and over) on-line or in the box. Paper instructions could stay with the game and help the next owner. Install time about one hour.
- Remove old monkey, move coil and install new monkey: video does OK job of showing and describing. Good explanation of the reason for moving the large washer, but the need for re-using the small one on top is glossed over, plus no close ups of the washer installs and the tightening in place of the coil. Good explanation of how to come in straight and move left to align holes. Lots of talk about proper dressing of the wires but no good close ups.
- Removing door: they said it would be hard, and it was. No way you can get a good straight shot at the lower screw without removing a lot of parts on the Castle PF. Screw head stripped out easily. Had to use a needle nose locking pliers to get it out, that scratched the door decal slightly, but that was the only tool that would remove it. Putting the new screw in was just as difficult, finally had to use a very, very short stubby #2 Phillips with a 1/4" open end wrench to turn it while applying pressure in-line with the screw. Likely wrong thread, burred thread or I crossed the threads. Anyway, it is very likely you will have trouble with the door screws.
-The door spacer: Why is it "L" shaped? Why is a washer glued to it? It only goes one way, but the video could have mentioned, or better, shown how the spacer fits. No close up in video is a big miss. I think I did it right, but lack of detail makes me wonder.
-The "Wedge": video does a pretty good job of explaining the purpose and placement of the wedge, but the photos and the video of the exact location and line up of edges is useless. Still photos are beyond useless. Still, because of the explanation of what it was supposed to do, I had no problem installing it first try and it works well and looks good.
-Monkey Nose/ Castle Wall Interference: This is mentioned in the video but not shown. The nose of my monkey was hitting the edge of the castle walls. Parts are provided, that is nice. No mention of how to remove the plastic rivet; the 4-40 screws provided are bright silver, so on the one I used I blackened it with a Sharpie; instead of the white plastic tubular spacer, i just used (2) 4-40 nuts on the backside of the wall. The spacer would need to be trimmed to length to avoid the wall being pushed too far forward. Nothing shown in the video to help installer understand and use the parts provided, and the interference is easy to miss noticing. If you didn't notice the interference, you would scratch off the monkey's face.
-The light: I understood the 'wires to the right' update, and the 'fish through the holes, keep wires away' hint but the video shows absolutely no detail on where to put the light. I caught the easily missed audio mentioning 'in line with "Surrender Dorothy" text, but the visual part of installing the light is not useful. Too far away, bad angles and no way to tell how far to go in from the front edge of the plastic. I went with close the front to avoid a wood edge that hangs down and might block the light. The monkey glow is a bit underwhelming, hope I did it right. Easy to find connector and make the new connections.
All in all, a good product with poor instructions; leaves me wondering if I got the details right. Jersey Jack: Low grade hardware means screw heads cam out easy. China made "Phillips" head screws are not actually made to the Phillips standards, so China avoids paying Phillips the licensing fees, so they never call them "Phillips head" (actually a big problem in industry in general https://www.instructables.com/id/When-a-Phillips-is-not-a-Phillips/ ). Thanks goodness I had nice fresh, sharp edged Snap-on Phillips head screwdrivers. Maybe I should get some cheap China screwdrivers- they may fit their hardware better than a 'made to spec' Phillips screwdriver. Don't get me started on China metallurgy. I swear they throw their old socks in the molten steel.
Don_C

Yes.

Brand new high quality screwdriver that tightly holds the door screws.

Hold the screwdriver at a 22 degree angle that barely engages 2 1/2 of the slots in the screw.

Press the screwdriver onto the screw with way more force than seems necessary. Push hard, try to bend the post...lol

The screw will crack loose.

Put new screws in afterwards.
I using hardened black ones.

If a head strips out.
This is the tool to use.
No scratching, no slipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Crescent-RT24CVS-Cresent-Tongue-Groove/dp/B01CDJCPUI/ref=asc_df_B01CDJCPUI/

Home depot sells them.

4.5" hardened locking pliers with sharp teeth.

Get 2 pair.

They are perfect for pinball.
I use them all the time.

Needle nose pliers slip and dont grip round things very well at the tips. They stuck at that, even the good ones.

The lower right screw on the castle double doors is notorious for being driven flat by the ball hits.

The little crescent plier has never let me down.

#2971 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That must be the problem I always had the screwdriver at a 23.5 degree angle. All fixed now! lol Just playing.

Lol

#2974 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Well, the jokes ARE a year old. But I've got new material now!
Thank you for sharing.

I liked the video.

Yes it's a bit informal.
Yes its missing a lot of fine detail.
Yes the jokes are lame...

But, it got the job done.
It gave me an overview.

I got it installed pretty easy.

It's a mod.
Not looking for perfection as far as detailed instructions.

It does take some balls to screw around with a $10,000 game.

I'm in....lol

Thanks Steve for this very engaging toy!

It makes Pinballgoddess smile and laugh.

Perfection.

#2981 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Monkey arrived today. Great quality....gonna watch the video this weekend and work on getting it installed.

Its easier than one would think.
After having done it once.

4 weeks later
#2991 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What about fried chicken?

She seems very hungry!

1 week later
1 week later
#3012 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

I don’t think 350 is unreasonable based on popularity and demand for that mod. Then there is the one for 650 that was listed in market area.

Like i said before....

$1000 each will pry them off of most games lol!

3 weeks later
#3022 4 years ago

Cant wait for the "Horse of a different Color" mod...

1 week later
#3023 4 years ago

The "Mad Genius" mind of Steve Gouviea is a brilliant and magical place.

One cannot imagine the wonders coming soon!

Stay tuned, and be ready to have your minds blown... its more than worth the wait.

#3058 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I like to think that Steve will look through the thread, and the PMs he's gotten, and start a list with that first. A random pretend list that "jumps that line" doesn't seem quite fair.

Theyre practising for the main event.

Like the first 10 mins of buying a R&M...

It was brutal.

#3063 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

0. MEEEEEEE
1. 27dnast
2. LukyDuck
3.vireland
4. titanpenguin
5. Manimal
6. Jedimastermatt
7. fnosm (2 please)
8. Fizz
9. jtaudio
10. rrosenhouse
11. Ericpinballfan (you’re welcome!!!)
12. paynemic
13. Dashmonster
14. mavantix
15. PinBackpacker (I know he's buying whatever it is)
16. Sammy31
17. KingBW
18. MJS2
19. etnfrd67
20. gouveia

Gonna need to get in shape for this next run:

#3075 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Now why on earth would I put an end to this?!? My thread's on fire and I haven't posted a single g**damn thing! Hahaha.
Seriously, I'm rather humbled that so many of you want to buy a complete mystery from me.
Yes. I've got something new. And no, it's not the witch...yet. It's something else for those of you who already have a witch and don't want to wait around. Plus, I wanted to make something new and keep moving forward creatively while I'm working on other things.
I think you'll love it, so stay tuned...and THANK YOU!

The excitement is unbearable!

#3102 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

1. Boob.
0. MEEEEEEE
1. 27dnast
2. LukyDuck
3. vireland
4. titanpenguin
5. Manimal
6. Jedimastermatt
7. fnosm (2 please)
8. Fizz
9. jtaudio
10. rrosenhouse
11. Ericpinballfan (you’re welcome!!!)
12. paynemic
13. Dashmonster
14. mavantix
15. PinBackpacker (I know he's buying whatever it is)
15.2 Calfdemon
15.4 AlicaC
15.6 Orbian
16. Sammy31
17. KingBW
18. MJS2
19. etnfrd67
20. gouveia
21 Harry Reimer
22. Pinheadpierre
23. Zutton1(x2)
24. Bigd1979
25. Frogman
26. Boob
27. Harryhoudini ( )

that's just sad...

#3115 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

[quoted image]

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more...

#3120 4 years ago

Announcement of an announcement?

I'm in, lol.

#3128 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Steve, maybe it would make better sense to close this trainwreck thread.
Start a new one when you're ready to announce the new mod with a more accurate description in the title.

People are anxious and fooling around to pass the time.

Its all in good fun. Lol

#3133 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, MY FELLOW PINBALL LOVERS![quoted image]

Such a tease...

#3141 4 years ago

Its truly beautiful, I love the monkeys.

It looks factory. Thats the way it should have been all along.

#3161 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. Or just give Gouveia our CC#’s and he can just ship us whatever inspires him whenever.

Old school patronage...

#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

1. Boob
2. Rai
3. 27dnast
4. Yelobird
5. Fizz

Maybe a list of lists.

#3171 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

So does this base allow you to change the viewing angle of the crystal ball?
I barely see the projected images as it is now that my crystal ball is not much different than the plain palantir on LOTR.
It would be a vast improvement if the images inside would be more visible now to actually draw your attention.

Yes, the angle can be adjusted.

Same as on the original bracket.

The original is adjusted by adding a washer over the rear alignment post to adjust the angle.

Elongating the mounting holes in the base allows you to move it further back, so the pinball will clear it. If needed.

So, its not a problem really with either the original or the mod.

#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

your going to upset the list gods

Its ok he's #1 in my book !

Doesn't have to be pinball related.

#3188 4 years ago

Steve's artistry is worth the wait.
In his case its not just another crappy 3d print mod.

Its actual signed by the artist, limited edition sculptures. that exactly match the look and feel of the game.

Well worth the time and money.

Steve is truly a "Mad Genius" !

#3222 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I just dont like how that one part sticks down pretty far from the rest of it. Just seems out of place to me.
Not trying to be rude of course. Just asking questions and being honest..

Looks great in person.

Fits perfectly well on the game and perfectly matches the theme.

The crystal ball now is a central atttaction, just like in the film.

Very much like how the witch mod now draws attention to itself unlike the original.

Amazing mod.

#3228 4 years ago

Looks great Steve. You have a wonderful creative mind!

He's Mad i tell you....Maaaaaadddd! MuHahahaha!

And an incredible talent.

#3244 4 years ago

again, is it tuesday already? I cant wait !!!!!!!

#3261 4 years ago

4hrs 10 mins to launch...

#3343 4 years ago
Chinese-Zodiac-Signs-Crystal-Ball-3D-Laser-Engraved-Rooster-Dog-Rabbit-Mouse-K9-Crystal-Glass-Ball.jpg_640x640 (resized).jpgChinese-Zodiac-Signs-Crystal-Ball-3D-Laser-Engraved-Rooster-Dog-Rabbit-Mouse-K9-Crystal-Glass-Ball.jpg_640x640 (resized).jpg
#3360 4 years ago

C'mon!
Lets get this thing sold out in 4hrs ! (The new Spooky standard! lol)

#3369 4 years ago

3086999287-5251b90401-o-07efe7d5695e4324 (resized).jpg3086999287-5251b90401-o-07efe7d5695e4324 (resized).jpg
The Trifecta !

#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

[quoted image]

Crap, now i have to get a Zoltar...
(Dont let Pinballgoddess see it...)

#3470 4 years ago

Add me in for only the pumpkin mod please.

#3476 4 years ago

Pinballgoddess just posted 7.7 million points on a 90 min WOZ game.

Was it because of the gouveia treatment on her game?
Was it because of the AMAZING crystal ball mod?
Is it because she can finally see whats in the ball due to its enhanced viewing angle?

Was it because of the perfect trifecta of all 3 mods?

You decide:
20200301_123929 (resized).jpg20200301_123929 (resized).jpg

She wanted to thank Steve for making her game an absolute joy and wonderful experience.

Thanks Steve for the love and hard work!

#3481 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I don’t know whether I’m more impressed by the 7.7 million or the 90 freaking minutes! 90 minutes!?!?! Wow.

She took a few breaks with the ball resting in the shooter lane on extra balls.

She always stacks modes and has amazing multiballs that go on forever with huge bonuses.

She has learned how to keep all 3 playfields under control simultaneously.

Its impressive to watch.

But yeah she was exhausted at the end.

The coils were heated way up and getting balls up the ramp was more difficult.

She's getting to be a very good player, better than me lol!

1 week later
#3491 4 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Installed today [quoted image]

looks AMAZING ! ! !

#3496 4 years ago

These are dificult but exciting times!

#3497 4 years ago

This crystal ball stand is amazing.

It makes the ball look like its floating in air!

I just love it.

#3505 4 years ago

Time to show off my beautiful crystal ball:
20200319_085819 (resized).jpg20200319_085819 (resized).jpg20200319_085827 (resized).jpg20200319_085827 (resized).jpg20200319_085840 (resized).jpg20200319_085840 (resized).jpg

The difference is quite dramatic !

#3508 4 years ago

Glue setting on my freshly polished Ball![quoted image]

Yay!

#3510 4 years ago

Success[quoted image]

Looks perfect.

I love the 1 on the display!

Is it working right?

#3517 4 years ago

Local Lowe’s was out of the recommended JB plastic weld in clear (only had tan) so I went with gorilla instead since it dries clear.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome glue!

In the end all that matters is that its clear, and glues resin or plastic.

#3518 4 years ago

Yup. And it is far easier to see now too!

I noticed thst is was easier to read also.

Its an awesome mod!

#3519 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Looks great!
Now I need to find time to install mine.

Its a pretty fast install.
But sure changes things lol.

#3520 4 years ago

Yes, im on my 4th cocktail now...
Kirkland whiskey (they were out of TP so i bought 4 huge bottles,).

Cheers!

#3525 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I can finally see the screen holy crap

Holy crap is right!

The crystal ball stands out so prominently that people ask if its new lol.

They never noticed it before.

It draws them in like a magnet!

#3533 4 years ago
Quoted from RedLineMania:

Food for thought: Do you think the original boxing for your "toys" will become collectable in 30 years? Such as the original box for a barbie.

Absolutley!

Although the boxes dont have the silver paint smear on them......YET!

#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I pushed the card and reinserted the card. I removed the ball from ther base so I can see the pins clearly. I've reinserted connector 10 times.
I don't know what happened. It was working but I removed it to readjust the bracket and when I put it back in, it didn't work anymore. Crap.

Wire is loose or disconnected from one side or the other.

Maybe a broken/loose wire inside the connector?

#3562 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I don't think it's possible to put in the bottom row of pins. The top row of pins blocks pushing it in.

I had to replace my oled screen, it failed.

I would just order a replacement ftom jjp with a new sdcard just in case if the cable is still good.

Check all the wires with an ohm meter.

#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

$800 f#cking dollars!
Just WOW! Lol

Price is firm...

#3585 4 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Mine arrived today in Oz. Quick and easy to install. Looks great! Thanks a lot Steve.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#3594 4 years ago

I wanna see crystal ball installs!
(Yes im drinking kirkland scotch...)

#3596 4 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

I think everyone who has gotten them has put them in already. Since everyone is locked down including gouveia, he hasn't been shipping any others yet?

Still i wanna see pictures!

6 months later
1 year later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Trade
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod?tu=pinballinreno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.