(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Red Smoke and Witch Mod(New list soon)/Monkey Mod (List closed)

By gouveia

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,844 posts
  • 408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 300 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a_powers_yeahbabyyeah.gif
elwin (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
aJIIRp2 (resized).jpg
IMG_6144 (resized).JPG
12B30216-ED0B-4CE8-A0E0-3B1F1EAF0E72.gif
Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 11.33.29 PM (resized).png
499EBE64-A1FC-4DDD-BBAB-2D9BD03E5C72 (resized).jpeg
20191003_142328 (resized).jpg
Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
B3D98711-149B-4389-AADA-169F2089165A.gif
DCE00B8D-2EEE-41AC-A79A-9213A76787DF (resized).jpeg
IMG_6099 (resized).JPG
ED86F05F-8835-4506-B66E-AB0C0C3C7032 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1253 Flying Monkey Video Posted by gouveia (1 year ago)

Post #1713 Monkey mod wait list Posted by gouveia (11 months ago)

Post #2400 Monkey mod install video. Posted by gouveia (80 days ago)

Post #2776 Flying monkey pics Posted by gouveia (7 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 2 years ago

Simply spectacular!

1 week later
#136 2 years ago

Take your time, my WOZ can wait and its not going anywhere.

3 weeks later
#169 2 years ago

Wohoo!... And drat! Didn't make the first cut. Looking forward to seeing this one in person, the photos all look completely amazing!

2 weeks later
#192 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

You guys are AWESOME! I'm really glad you're happy with them. Thank you for all the great comments and pics. I've been PM'ing people lately when their mod is ready, so I've been a little MIA on the forum. I've also been enjoying Christmas, so I haven't really been in the garage much, but I promise there's more coming. And please let me know if there's a problem with any of them. Thanks again1
Steve

Just figured you were taking a break for the Holidays.

Go relax man!

2 weeks later
#231 2 years ago

Oh great, now I've got to get the back alley walls too!

LOL... or at least thats what I'm telling the wife. . Nevermind that I've been wanting those walls for a while now.

That add on looks amazing though, simply spectacular! Also, did you make the leaves on your trees? What an awesome little polishing touch there!

#233 2 years ago

Hard to tell but looks like it might be as easy as hot glue and some bits of an artificial plant with small leaves. Amazingly clever!

#244 2 years ago

The hunt is half the fun anyway

#247 2 years ago

Look what you've started now Steve!

Yeah, I'm hunting around for leaves as well.

#252 2 years ago

I think i found a sample of the leaves in a larger arangement at petco

image (resized).jpg

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Those look pretty good.

Yeah, I think they will do just fine. The item was called 6" Tufa base Assorted plant. Not all of them had the apple tree like leaves so ordering online would be a bit of a roulette game. I think this one will be enough to cover my trees.

#268 2 years ago

Has to get Mod of the year!

1 week later
#284 2 years ago

Love the army of whitches in the background there.

1 week later
#327 2 years ago

I just appreciate that he's making them, even if the wait is 6months to a year to get through the backlog, my WOZ isn't going anywhere. Its probably taking every spare minute he's got and I would hate for a project of passion for the hobby to become a chore.

#339 2 years ago

Whoohoo! Made the cut! Super excited.

1 week later
#388 2 years ago

Whoohoo!

IMG_4961 (resized).JPG

#394 2 years ago

Thanks again Steve! You did a phenomenal job! Absolutely perfect fit, a breeze to install (doesn't even require you to lift the play field) and absolutely looks exactly as if it were designed to be there from the beginning. It almost makes me tempted to bring my WOZ to PAGG just to show off your awesome mod LOL... almost (my wife would kill me).

#418 2 years ago

Oh man, first thing I'm checking when I get home tonight. Not something i really think to watch out for.

#434 2 years ago

Thanks again for the great tree idea!

IMG_5010 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#458 2 years ago

I have not had any problems and the wall add on places her plenty high enough. In fact its better than the tube as the ball would sometimes jump from the castle playfield and get stuck against the back of the tube and the plyfield. When it happened with Red Smoke it just dribbled back down to the main playfield.

So IMHO, it not only looks better but it functions better as well.

1 week later
#486 2 years ago

Awesome list! I hope your material costs are relatively low because the amount of love and labor your putting in these is phenomenal, you deserve every penny.

2 weeks later
#529 2 years ago

Might make a nice topper for his toumbstone though.

#552 2 years ago

My wife decided that she would like to include her WOZ in the games I take to PAGG.... Since it has your mod installed you may get a flood of new requests as people see your work in person

#559 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I am planning to attend for the first time this year, can't wait.

Awesome! Its a fun show and worth the trip. We have been going ever since the Pacific Expo took a break. This will be our first time bringing games.

#563 2 years ago

Yikes! Hes like Cheshire Cat!

3 weeks later
#626 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Jack should be buying these from you and putting them on all his machines....

Will be taking the red witch to PAGG and JJP will be there, in the past it's been Jack himself, so he may be there to get a first hand look.... who knows WOZ trees may even start shipping with leaves LOL!

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Nice! I didn't realize JJP would be there. Definitely more stoked to go now.

Well I presume so since someones gotta bring the Dialed In

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I saw one on the weekend, it's killer!
Now on the wait list, can't wait
The stone work looks better than what I have seen in pictures of some of the wall mods. Is there a wall mod that matches this properly?

I believe its made to match the back alley walls.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

does this come with the lighting or doe it use the original witches lighting effect?

It works with the original witch lighting... and works a heck of a lot better going through the red smoke:

IMG_5010 (resized).JPG

#692 2 years ago

My mod helped me loose weight and get a full head of hair.

#697 2 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Just picked up a WOZ RR this weekend please add me to the list!

Congrats!

#698 2 years ago

Got back alley walls today to complement my red smoke witch. Fit together a like glove. Not sure if earlier walls had this but with my wall the mounting hole was a bit oblong to allow for some positioning.

IMG_5470 (resized).JPG

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

thinking about buying one even though I don't have a woz (but will one day, and will kick myself if I miss out on this), how much are these?

I believe last Steve posted they were still $200. That gets you a new (way better looking and scaled) witch, the well and smoke.

#708 2 years ago

I find it a bit overseasoned for my taste... kind of has a sulfur aftertaste.

1 week later
#730 2 years ago

She's still hanging at PAGG for another 6-7 hours as well for anyone at all on the fence, although if you're reading this thread I don't see how you could possibly be.

3 weeks later
#759 2 years ago

Whaaaaaaaa... he'll come around... but back of the line for him!

#770 2 years ago

Man that stinks, sorry to hear it. I'm glad it sounds like your healing up.

Lmao beelzeboob

2 weeks later
#786 2 years ago

This morning while sorting through parts I stumbled upon my original witch.

No offense to the creator of her as I know designing something for mass production is different than the care and craftsmanship gouveia is able put into hand making his witches but damn... she was one ugly witch, even by witch standards. Thank you again gouveia for making a witch that represents what she should be!

1 week later
#818 2 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

You thought the witch space was tight? They've made it close to impossible to fit something in there. The plastic and the door are almost rubbing up against each other. But, I DO have an idea.

Sign me up!!!

#829 2 years ago

Nice idea! I may do something along these lines this myself. Her brightness level does kind of bug me now as well... now that she looks amazing she needs to be the star!

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL, this this the first mod to a mod??

The red smoke whitch mod... it's so damn good, it has it's own mods. LOL

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude, your clothes must smell really bad.

In my mind all those little witches come to life ar night and do his laundry for him... with a tad too much starch just to be evil!

1 month later
#906 2 years ago
Quoted from Donz1126:

Please let me know how to purchase this mod

I think you may just have

1 week later
#930 2 years ago

By comparison a Twilight Zone piano mod $90.00 for a little molded plastic piano or $40 for a specialized plasic (collect spiral sign).

Yeah those are less but easily 10-100x's the material and effort goes into this hand crafted, hand painted, well planned and executed, large, solid and durable mod.

That being said this is probably the only mod out there I would ever be willing to pay 200 for.

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Everyone, make sure you save the collectable box it comes in

Dang.. I think I had one of the rare ones with a straight label too lol!

#940 2 years ago

SippyCup baby witch... time to grow up and be a real witch.

#961 2 years ago

gouveia... Its a little sad seeing the red smoke witch ride off into the sunset (or melt into the floor as it may be). Thank you for a great run. Looking forward to what you create next.

1 week later
#986 2 years ago

Well congratulations to all who got in. Finding great gems like this is part of why I joined Pinside.

I agree though that there has now been plenty of time for all interested in a major witch upgrade to get in on it. Have fun with your next endeavor gouveia I’m sure with your care and craftsmanship it will be as (if not more) successful as this one has been.

#990 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Keep in mind, there are new people joining pinside every day, new people getting games and games being produced today don’t have this mod. Shame production can’t continue, but I understand the work involved and wanting to move on. Those of us who have this mod are very lucky.

Yes, and it’s unfortunate that there will be some folks who want one who won’t be able to get one but that’s just the reality of things when your talking about something hand made like this. Its the difference between a mass produced poster and a fine art print.

3 weeks later
#1000 1 year ago

But make sure to be on the lookout for whatever he’s cooking up next. I can only imagine it will be epic.

#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Back to my favorite part of the job, everyone. Hahaha. They’re gonna look great, so thanks for being patient.

LOL Looks like your arm is going to end up looking like a wookie arm. But Dude, I hope your at least wearing some breathing protection.

1 month later
#1032 1 year ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Wait--you didn't throw the old one away?

I saved mine cuz should I ever have to sell WOZ the red witch stays with me.

1 month later
#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Thanks again for your support!

Thank you for such a great mod! Have fun with your next project, looking forward to seeing what you cook up.

1 month later
#1077 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

...but is does look rad.

Of this I have zero doubt. Can’t wait to see what your cooking up!

3 weeks later
#1101 1 year ago

Ooohh man... things just got real!

#1103 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hahaha. Yes. It looks SO cool I can't tell you. But I have to make sure I can make it over and over. I'm still fine tuning it, but I'm REALLY happy with it. It's a little more complicated than the witch, but it looks like the monkey, and it looks like it belongs in the machine.
I'm pretty close, so stay tuned...

Meh... just looks like molding clay with some toothpicks stuck in it... nothing to see here people, move along, move along.

2 weeks later
#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Correctamundo. I’m not working on any witches right now because I just don’t have the time. I’ll probably make some in the future, so if you have the patience and your game isn’t going anywhere you’ll be able to get one. It’s just a really small operation (me), and I wanted to focus on the new mod because I love it and I wanted to get it out there.
Also...I just got married last week so pinside and modding are the least of my concerns! But I’m really close to getting the ball rolling again. I’ll also let everyone know what’s going on on this thread, so just make it a favorite and keep checking back.
And yes. Obviously if you bought my witch mod you’ll get priority if you’d like the new one. I’m not a jerk. Hahaha.
Steve

Congrats!!!

#1139 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Steve said wait until announcement for the list, but I don’t want to slide too far down it when he makes one so add me too!

Yup.... but just in case... I’m in.

2 weeks later
#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No! We need the Flying Monkey mod before he has a kid!!!

Actually... that could increase production after a few years lead time.

4 weeks later
#1178 1 year ago

I plan to be burried with mine lol

#1197 1 year ago

Bueatiful! I don’t know what else can be said, simply bueatiful!

If the any of the unofficial self-started lists list are officially open I’d like to officially confirm my unofficial position on whatever list becomes the list lol.

#1217 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I will NOT ruin his Amazing surprises but Trust that as awesome as it looks you guy/gals are going to be even More impressed by what it does and how it works. I'll say it again, I didn't think he could top the red smoke mod but this one is just darn Cool! Will be worth the wait and considering he's newly married he may have less Free time on his hands. lol When I see this post top 100 hits in a day I will Know Steve dropped a video of his amazing creation! An artist with an Amazing talent. Bravo!

Looking at the photo closer and with the hint that it does something... I’m going to guess that the wings move?

#1299 1 year ago

I’m thinking this mod is fully worthy of being featured as one of Pinsides banner background extreme close-ups with a lighting to highlight the details and a nice shallow debth of field.

3 months later
#1392 1 year ago

So awesome!!

#1405 1 year ago

Can I simply subscribe to all mods?

2 weeks later
#1418 1 year ago

Awesomeness!!! I can’t imagine my game without your witch and I’m certain the monkey will soon be the same way.

#1446 1 year ago

Please add me to the monkey list

1 week later
#1580 11 months ago

Holy smokes, you have the whole monkey army! Those look incredible too, love the detail.

#1587 11 months ago
Quoted from calfdemon:

Those look amazing! I can't wait. Trying to remember if there is already a black light back there, or if that is something I am going to need to add? Not that I am against adding one, I just cant remember if there is one back there already (not near my machine right now).

There no factory black light there but I think a blacklight led or two can be hidden pretty easily in that area.

#1593 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Why Jack hasn't attempted to get these mods and put them in new production games is way beyond my brain power.
Pure genius!

Perhaps with the rumored next edition? . Seriously though I would be really surprised to see these in a production game simply because Steve puts so much care and detail (time) into each one.

#1622 11 months ago

I count only 31 monkeys left

#1657 11 months ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I thought my name was on the list months ago but I don't see it listed...
If I am not on there please put me on the list, thanks

The official list only just opened a little over a week ago. It’s almost filled up too so make sure and pass the word along to anyone else you know was interested but maybe hasn’t been active lately.

#1661 11 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

You might wanna make it the RR. I don't think there's gonna be a monkey in the new one.

Wha... Really?

#1668 11 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Could JJP be looking to make a pro version of their games???

Done right that could be a popular option.

#1674 11 months ago

I couldn’t see the upper playfields going away but simplified as dcfan mentioned for munchkinland. The castle playfield without a monkey would need one fewer door... actually the other doors could probably be replaced with simple targets.

#1694 11 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

I bet the list is closed within 24 hours!

Seems likely... probably just 5-6 left now.

#1709 11 months ago

Meh... if someone is hard up enough that they need to sell one marked up to help pay for their monkey to someone who can afford paying extra, no biggie.

Were not talking large numbers and I wouldn’t see any huge aftermarket markup so it’s probably not worth a pro scalpers time, I imagine most if not all the doubles are legit.

I considered buying a second myself just in case something were to happen to one.... but two would be pretty steep for me.

#1718 11 months ago
Quoted from Franking1302:

My German WOZ need the Monkey... no one want sell ?

It will be a while before they are all out the door (these are a hand crafted labor of love). Someone will probably cancel in the meantime. If I were in your shoes I’d just express interest as you have then watch and wait for updates over the next few months.

1 month later
#1742 10 months ago

Thanks for the update! You have every right to be proud of this mod, it’s unbelievable! Really looking forward to putting one in my game.

I think you deserved mod of the year last year for the witch, hope you get it this year for the monkey.

1 week later
#1771 10 months ago

Boom!

7246C66C-DDD5-461C-A8DB-1DA7B509F583 (resized).jpeg
#1772 10 months ago

Masterpiece 2.0

71F112BF-C11E-411A-924F-E84213590099 (resized).jpeg

Installation is not bad. It took me longer to take a photo I was reasonably happy with using my phone than it did to install. The level of detail is incredible and just doesn’t get picked up by my 3 year old phone camera.

5 months later
#2189 4 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Someone suggested a hair dryer might activate the adhesive again.

RapidTac is supposed to reactivate adhesive (just learned about it for wet applying decals). Not sure about a case where it didn’t properly adhere to start with tho.

#2198 4 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

RapidTac what? Looks like that is more of a brand than a product.

Application Fluid. Yeah, they have expanded into a brand but the application fluid is what got them started.

1 week later
#2237 4 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

That is the only list I am using. I have it on paper. It is in my house.

I thought you were going to add... in a safe... with an armed guard... along with the coca cola and KFC original recipes.

#2246 4 months ago

For smoking/bbq I’ve been enjoying using a 24 hour brine of pineapple juice and fresh citrus along with salt and seasonings.

When do we change the topic to cooking with pinball? Not complaining just amused

#2248 4 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Are you kidding? This is the best! Hahaha.

Lol! Just nobody try and brine your wicked witch... she’ll melt.

#2252 4 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I think that’s the El Pollo Loco marinade.

Probably very similar, tasty stuff! I like that I can do the cooking outside and avoid heating up the house vs fried which I would have to do stove top.

Back to KFC... Wife talked me into trying KFC’s cinnabon biscuits... yah, some things just were never meant to go together.

#2256 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

There's a reason it's weird and they're so nasty.

LOL! I was trying to be kind in case someone liked them but yeah, nasty is the word.

#2266 4 months ago

I wouldn’t want to try it myself at home but don’t they fry it in a pressure cooker?

#2271 4 months ago
Quoted from BigT:

Since this is summe, here is my go to recipe for grilled chicken. It is easily adaptable, if you can set your grill up to direct and indirect heat the oven is not needed. Also a dry rub after the brine is what I do.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/the-ultimate-barbecued-chicken-recipe-1916919

I think I’ll try this next weekend, sounds good! Recently switched from charcoal to wood pellets and been loving it so far.

#2303 3 months ago

Dang I came here hoping the El Pollo Rico recipe was up, but it’s just a bunch of monkey business

1 week later
#2357 3 months ago

WingStop is our goto. We refuse to go to BWW’s, mainly because their service deteriorated to the point where we would pretty much be completely ignored. El Pollo Loco remains my favorite style. I’m getting reasonably close to a similar flavor.

2 months later
#2588 19 days ago

Yikes suddenly the thread exploded! Yes, anywhere a list may exist or come to be I’m in!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside