(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,605 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1253 Flying Monkey Video Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #1713 Monkey mod wait list Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #2400 Monkey mod install video. Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2776 Flying monkey pics Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2966 Monkey installation video Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 7 years ago

For those that received the mod, please post pictures. Thanks

2 weeks later
#226 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hey everybody,
First of all, thank you so much for your interest in my witch mod. There's been a lot of great feedback that encourages me to keep making more, even though it's a pretty tedious job.
At this point, I've learned that all of your WOZ's are slightly different, and I've had to do a little tweaking to make sure it works in all of your machines (i.e, trimming the bottom of the broomstick). Unfortunately, I've also realized that it wouldn't hurt to have the mod sit higher to avoid getting a ball stuck inside--because I've now finally seen it happen in my machine.
Coincidentally, I was working on a new idea for someone right about the same time, and realized that this new idea is the perfect solution. It's an inch-high piece of wall plastic that sits between the smoke and the metal plate. I originally built it for someone who asked if I could incorporate the castle walls into the design more. The longer I keep looking at it in my machine now, the more I realize that the mod needs it. I absolutely love the way it looks, and I think you will too (especially if you have the BackAlley Castle walls-I modeled it to match those).
I'm going to include it in all future mods going out, and I'm also going to be sending it out (along with some spacers and screws) free of charge to all of you who already bought the mod (the only work you'll have to do is drill new holes in the back of the witch so she sits higher. I'll send out instructions or a video when the time comes--it's pretty easy). And those of you who haven't received the mod yet will now be getting all three pieces for $200.00. I like it that much!
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to stop adding names to the list for now, so I can focus on all of you who wanted one up to this point. So if you've asked for one on the wall or PM'd before today, you're all good. But I won't be taking any more orders until I can get all of my previous buyers this new piece, and then move forward from there. I want this mod to look and work great, and I know you do too.
So hang tight. I'm taking two big steps backwards to do this, but it should only take a few weeks. I think you'll appreciate it in the long run.
Thanks again!
Steve

Wow that looks great. The new add-on really finishes the look.

Please add me to the list of people that want the mod. Thanks

3 weeks later
#378 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

The one on the left.

Nah. Give him the Waldo.

1 week later
#399 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Someone else may have done one already but I streamed the install of the mod this morning.
Very easy install and the scale of the witch is a big improvement.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122295136

Thanks for the video. Just a heads up, you are missing the post rubber on the left side of the witch. That is probably dinging up your balls pretty good.

#402 7 years ago

From pages C-74 and C-75 of the manual:
woz2 (resized).JPGwoz2 (resized).JPG
woz1 (resized).JPGwoz1 (resized).JPG

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thanks for the heads up. Haven't noticed. Wonder if it ever had it. Hmmmm...

Yeah, possibly one of the assembly workers was forgetting for a while. On my LOTR LE and several other people's LOTR LE they were forgetting to put the post rubber on the inlane/outlane divider posts even though the manual clearly shows a rubber on those posts. I just recently went through my whole WOZ and put Titans on everything except the flippers so the missing rubber in your video stood out to me.

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

The new witch really brings the game to life. Thanks again for the wall upgrade and Tree leaf recommendation.

You are missing the rubber on the left as well.

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Is it missing or just rolled way up high?

It is missing. The post has some space at the top between it and the plastic and nothing is there:

woz3 (resized).JPGwoz3 (resized).JPG

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I noticed right off the bat the post to the left of the witch on my game was missing a rubber when I got it, and a bunch of game pics posted here show that rubber missing.
But Gouveia's pic shows a rubber ring missing from the *right* side of the witch.
So what is up with all these games missing rubber rings?

Gouveia's original pics show the rubber on the right so I just assumed he had removed the post temporarily while he is working on making mods.

3 weeks later
#484 7 years ago

That is quite a list. Congrats on making such a successful and desired mod.

1 week later
#522 7 years ago
Quoted from stuartr7:

great mod, I saw it on you tube and left the suggestion that if the cloud were clear and lit from below you could have it lit up with a red led when attacking and then change to a blue led to indicate water melting the witch as it goes down?
wonderful model though, great detail, if i had a woz i would do that in a heartbeat
good luck!

The lighting for the witch is not part of the mod. The mod just happens to use the factory lighting fairly well.
To add additional colors of light would have been difficult and likely required an additional circuit controller tied into the game.

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just checking in to let you all know I'm currently on a hunger strike until I receive my witch mod. I'm already down 17 pounds in the last 6 weeks.
So...hungry...

If you also quit water for about 10 to 14 days we will be kind enough to remove you from the list entirely.

2 weeks later
#579 7 years ago

I received mine earlier in the week but will wait to install until tonight or tomorrow. I have to say the paint job is incredibly detailed considering how small it is.

2 months later
#766 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

So...some bad news. I broke my hand. More specifically, a bunch of bones in my right hand.
Good news is, I'm telling you this four weeks after the fact. So the bones have pretty much healed, but my hand still is not what it should be. So there's going to be a bit of a delay in making more mods.
In the meantime, go read the "Stern announces Star Wars" or the "Let's see pics of game rooms" threads. That should keep you busy and give me plenty of time to get things rolling again. Steve

Maybe you can be the next Dr. Strange.

Get well soon.

3 weeks later
#814 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

3D Monkey...?
The "Wizard of Oz Pinball 3D Monkey Mod"... come on gouveia!!! You CAN do it!!!

Is there any way a 3D monkey would fit in conjunction with the mechanism? I doubt it.

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I'm getting some assistance today.

What a bunch of bitches...errr I mean witches.

Also, the dog is not impressed.

#837 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It is affixed to the mini pf with double stick tape. If you ever need to remove the mini pf, just peel it off and apply new double stick tape, the existing tape may even still hold. It is not permanent in any way and you won't destroy the mod by removing it.

Just curious, what light is it tied in with?

Could you try some different locations for the light such as under the red smoke in the back? I feel with the way it looks in the video you can see the light strip through the smoke too much.

10 months later
#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I’m already on the faux monkey list, but if this is the real one sign me up here too!

Add me to the list as well.

#1246 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Happy Memorial Day!

I think it may be a good idea to post this again since some don't read back all the way and the thread has been active since it was posted.

newmonkey (resized).jpgnewmonkey (resized).jpg

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hello everyone! First of all, thanks for all the nice compliments. I'm glad you like the monkey, because I put a F***LOAD of time into making it!!! A ridiculous amount of time, actually. But I'm really proud of it, and I can't wait to share it with you guys.
Second, for all of you who are asking, I don't have any more witches right now. I just don't and I'm sorry about that. When I get more time, I'll probably make some more, but they take so much of a commitment that it won't be for a while.
And finally, I'm not on here much right now because of work and other things, but I'll have much more of a presence on the thread soon. The monkey is not quite done, because it consists of a bunch of little parts that I've ordered and need to assemble and all that. But I'll have more time soon, and I plan on going for it and making as many as I can for you guys. So please be patient and I'll try and get to all of you.
In the meantime, here's this...
Steve
» YouTube video

Love the flapping wings. Awesome and beautiful mod!!!

#1269 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

That part took the longest. Once I got it in my head to try and make it work, there was no stopping me. Hahaha.

Did you have to mod the game at all to make the new monkey to fit the home area?

3 months later
#1394 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to give you another update. There are actually a few monkeys out there in the wild right now being tested, and I'm still making minor improvements to make it foolproof. I know it sounds crazy, but there are roughly 18 separate components to the Monkey. I've had to learn a lot of new skills to make it work, but I wanted to challenge myself and it's been worth it - I think you'll agree!
Enjoy the new video, and I'll be back soon with more info.
And no, there is still no list. Not yet.

Your monkey mod really makes the monkey mech seem more like a top-notch pinball toy. Great job!

3 weeks later
#1410 5 years ago

Put me on the monkey list.

#1429 5 years ago

The list will open here at 12 PM pacific time tomorrow from what I understand.

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

It would be nice to give any witch purchaser a 24-hour window first crack at the monkey. Easier said than done, so I don't blame Steve for going this route.

I suspect trying to match up previous witch buyers to monkey requests is just more to keep track of than he wants to deal with.

#1461 5 years ago

In, want one monkey.

#1497 5 years ago

I think I count 58 so far.

#1501 5 years ago
monkeygiphy.gifmonkeygiphy.gif
#1502 5 years ago

double post deleted

1 week later
#1588 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Those look amazing! I can't wait. Trying to remember if there is already a black light back there, or if that is something I am going to need to add? Not that I am against adding one, I just cant remember if there is one back there already (not near my machine right now).

I believe he said in the podcast that the mod comes with a black light to install in the game in the area of the monkey.

#1601 5 years ago
giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
#1623 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I count only 31 monkeys left

I bet there will be a lot of disappointment for those that do not make the list in time. Likely a lot of people that said they wanted one well before the list opened but have not checked back in recently.

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I'm pretty sure they're stripping it down. I could be wrong, but that's what I've heard.

Could JJP be looking to make a pro version of their games???

#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Done right that could be a popular option.

What do you take out to get to $6000 WOZ now? Stainless trim instead of powder coating, no monkey mech, no LED on the crystal ball, a plastic instead of molded state fair balloon, flat plastic witch, no topper, no shaker, no headphone jack.

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Don't forget to remove both upper playfields and replace them with ramps like GOT pro... actually, that sounds kind of cool!

Then you could use a different theme as well since it would be practically a different game, maybe Willy Wonka.

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What do you take out to get to $6000 WOZ now? Stainless trim instead of powder coating, no monkey mech, no LED on the crystal ball, a plastic instead of molded state fair balloon, flat plastic witch, no topper, no shaker, no headphone jack.

A couple more: virtual ball lock instead of real ball lock, and a flat house plastic that does not spin instead of the spinning house toy.

The game would still have a heck of a lot more going on than GOT pro.

#1701 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I already lost the bet the list would be filled in 48 hours.
I can see the sad faces now for guys checking in a few days and weeks to come.

Those that shunned Pinside will be the biggest losers.

#1703 5 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

I have a non-Pinsider friend with a WOZRR that wants one. Add another for me if there are any left. Thank you!!

One more left?

#1705 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

THE LIST IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!!
Thank you all for being so excited and supportive of my work. I really appreciate it. Steve

Let the whining and crying begin as people stop by and realize they missed out.

2 months later
#1843 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Progress!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I hope you are wearing a good quality mask when generating that dust. That looks like it would be nasty to have in your lungs.

3 weeks later
#1875 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wait!! Thought I was 31 on the list ( looks like you are #24 unless I'm looking at the wrong list)...Have to go back and recount...

I believe you are 39 if I counted correctly.

#1877 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Counted again...Are you 20? Still come up w 31 for me...Fuzzy math, or wrong list..

People ordered multiples.
By the way, mine is paid for and waiting for it to arrive.

The Monkey Mod List

1 audihere
2 merccat
3 calfdemon
4-5 Ericpinballfan (2)
6 avspin
7 elf70
8 WackyBrakke
9-10 Georgeh (2)
11-12 Pinzap (2)
13 AFM95
14-15 fnosm (2)
16 Gomer1969
17 Sijcolo
18 Grateful_Pin
19 VegasAlleycat
20 edwood40
21 titanpenguin
22-24 Vegasbills (3)
25-26 Frogman (2)
27 DCFAN
28 moonduckie78
29 Crile1
30 podolj
31 27dnast
32 beelzeboob
33-34 PinPeet (2)
35 Troz
36 Pinbear
37 sinnisterjsb
38 Jvspin
39 MK6PIN

#1887 5 years ago

Monkey in the house! The detail is amazing.

IMG_2204[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2204[1] (resized).JPG
#1897 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

so How do you make these? 3D printer, or block stamp , or some other method? Sounds like you are painting by hand, wow!

See post #1830. He makes and uses molds.

1 month later
#1984 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Makes me worried that Willy Wonka or Toy Story will be too expensive to even care about, let alone look forward to them.

That is exactly how I am thinking. Such huge price increases are making me lose interest in the NIB part of the hobby because the value is just not there for any game at around $10k.

JJP will not survive if that is what they are going to rely on rather than higher volume.

6 months later
#2580 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

[quoted image]

From your announcement image, a poppy flower molding to mount over the ugly ramp switch would be my guess. I had asked mezelmods to do that mod several years ago but nobody ever did it.

#2631 4 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

Hello guys. Now its an update from me. I'm glad to say that I worked with my great friend Steve on this awesome mod and the result is amazing! And one more thing he hasn't told you yet--this mod has electronics! Lior

When are you opening up a list for us to enter a request?

#2659 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Well now that we’ve got your attention, it's time to show you the mod!!!
I thought of this a while ago, but I’m pretty busy making monkeys and didn’t have the time to work on it. So I shared my idea with my very talented friend Lior because I knew he would knock it out of the park...and he definitely has! Although the idea and initial design is mine, it is definitely his mod. The work he has put into it is amazing and it came out exactly the way I was hoping and better!
We really appreciate everyone's excitement about signing up on a list and buying something they've never seen (or even know what it does for that matter). Unfortunately, the list won't officially open until it's on Lior’s thread and off of mine, as he will be taking orders, payments, handling the shipping, etc. I'm really excited to share with all of you our creation. I think it's a huge upgrade to the game.
One more thing: English is not Lior's first language, so there may be some communication difficulties. But he's a good guy with incredible talent. So please be patient and kind, pinside peeps! And now with that said, check this thing out!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-new-oz-lanes-by-steve-gouveia-amp-lior-rajwan-list-open[quoted image]

I halfway guessed it. I wish you could have made it to cover the ugly ramp switch though.

1 week later
#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

there are so many ways to go creatively with mods to sell that you can pull from your own brain, why rip off someone else's design?

Head of nail...meet hammer. Especially when it comes to the witch and all the different directions a mod maker could go with it.

#2817 4 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

My daughter's favorite historical figure just happens to be Harry Houdini. Her least favorite is Thomas Edison because he stole so many other people's ideas. I think the "new witch guy" picked the wrong username.

As someone that works in a patents related job, I would say your daughter is being a little hard on Edison. Invention is most often based on other's ideas and is simply improving on what had already been done in an alternative form (i.e. improving on someone else's invention). Art work, as in this witch fire mod, is a different animal than invention. Art falls under copyright laws rather than invention/patents that Edison was obtaining.

A good example of attempting to improve on other's previous inventions would be Keith Elwin's new ball target used in Iron Maiden which Stern received a patent. It has a very similar switch spoon concept used in a pop bumper but was a new alternative way to do a ball target to the old newton balls.
elwin (resized).JPGelwin (resized).JPG

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Great to see you, Randy!

Who is Randy?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.