(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,610 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WozCastleEdge-001 (resized).jpeg
Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1253 Flying Monkey Video Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #1713 Monkey mod wait list Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #2400 Monkey mod install video. Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2776 Flying monkey pics Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2966 Monkey installation video Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#496 7 years ago

Sent a PM, but my name was left off the list too. Looking forward to getting this mod!

1 month later
#664 7 years ago

Wow, every update gets me more excited. I was 21 down the last list update (actually 22, someone had 2 after their name ahead of me). If those 12 are off of that list, that puts me at around 10 now! Hopefully my math is off (wouldn't surprise me) and maybe I am in this batch, but guessing I am in the next one. My PayPal trigger finger is ready to fire as soon as I get a message from you!

I have modded out my RR WOZ completely with this piece of art being the last and final mod I will do on this machine (for now..). This will make the saying "Save the best for last" absolutely true!

*EDIT - And not 4 minutes after I made this post, I got a message with a PayPal invoice!! Paid and anxiously awaiting its arrival! YES!!!

#678 7 years ago

I received mine today and had it installed in less than 20 minutes from start to finish, and that included reading the very easy and well explained directions and going to the garage and getting the tools I needed. Very easy to install and a very high quality piece of work that installed perfectly!

The only issue I had was the little ziplock baggie that had the spacers, washers, and screws in it had a little hole in it and only had 2 spacers and 1 screw in it when it arrived. There was one washer free in the box. Luckily, I have a ton of screws in my garage and easily found 2 matching screws and 2 washers to use. Luckily, both of the spacers were still there, so really no issues whatsoever.

Steve, you have made an amazing mod that is worth every penny you are charging. I hope you keep selling these for years to come and make a mint!!

10 months later
#1106 6 years ago

I have stayed away from the mod world since I bought the witch due to my ability to spend WAY too much money. I came to this thread thinking "Oh, it can't hurt to check in and see what's up. I've already bought this mod...".

Now there is going to be a MONKEY??!?!?! The money is already out of my wallet! Can't wait to sign up on the list!

2 months later
#1348 5 years ago

I posted a bunch of pages back, but as a witch purchaser, I am also in on the amazing monkey!! Truly amazing!

4 months later
#1447 5 years ago

Previous witch buyer here, and posting this right at 12 noon to be on the monkey list!! Can't wait!!

1 week later
#1586 5 years ago

Those look amazing! I can't wait. Trying to remember if there is already a black light back there, or if that is something I am going to need to add? Not that I am against adding one, I just cant remember if there is one back there already (not near my machine right now).

#1638 5 years ago

I'm actually buying my monkey (#3 on the list!!) just to acquire Steve's valuable signature. The monkey mod is just the vessel to get his signature to me much like the time I purchased his witch and smoke mod to obtain his signature in the past.

Wait, if I write him a check, then I can acquire his signature on the endorsement line as well! Collecting Steve's signature is like a game of Pokemon. Gotta collect them all...

5 months later
#2140 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Seriously.
Just watch this:
It's pretty much mind-blowing that you actually were able to coax all of that out of such a small space!! It's incredible.
Question: eventually the springs will stop performing as intended. No? Maybe I'm wrong. But... if they do, is there a way to replace?

Okay, seeing someone else's monkey in action has me wondering what is up with mine. I was 2nd on the list so got an early one, but I am sure they are all the same. Mine installed, the wings have some movement, but barely. They move just enough that you can tell they are not fixed wings. But those wings actually flap and that is how I would imagine they should work! I wonder what is up with my monkey and his barely moving wings? Even if I flick my monkey's wings, they don't flap anywhere near that much! Its almost as if mine came with stiffer springs that yours. More than likely though, there is something with my install that is limiting movement maybe? Now I need to check it out... I just settled on mine and figured they only moved a tiny bit.

#2142 5 years ago

Ah, okay.. That makes sense. And I have recently greased my monkey (that doesn't sound right...) and it doesn't move as fast as the one in that video, but it moves smooth. And the word "settled" was probably not the correct word to use. The monkey itself is a work of art and amazing to see every time it comes out. The wings move enough, just not enough to look like they are flapping. But as you mentioned, the crazy flapping in the video could/would cause problems after time. I am completely happy with my little monkey (phrasing...) and was not complaining in any way. Just seeing it compared to the one in that video, I was pointing out that mine doesn't perform the same way (there we go again...). But Im sure my monkey performs just like everyone elses!

4 months later
#2523 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Kip's big boy! Awesome!!
There is a nearby antique store with a Kip's big boy that I keep meaning to ask about.

Steve is a west coaster... That would make it a Bob's Big Boy.

#2525 4 years ago

I remember traveling across the US when I was a kid and I know there were at least 4 or 5 different Big Boys based on geographical areas of the US. I only remember 3 of the names which were Bob's Big Boy, Kip's Big Boy, and I think Shoney's Big Boy. I suppose I could google them, but cant remember the other names right now or where they were. I cant remember what area Shoney's were in either... getting old. Lol

#2532 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Frisch's Big Boys are still here in the Cincinnati area. Are they the only ones that put Tarter Sauce on the Big Boys?

There are still 3 Bob's Big Boys left in Southern California. There used to be tons of them back in the day. As for the big boys, the default on the West Coast is their red relish. You can order it "Chicago Style" and they put thousand island on it instead. I have never heard of the tartar sauce on it though. Not sure that is a thing out here, although it sounds interesting! I would be up for trying it... But I do love the red relish sauce they use.

#2539 4 years ago

How about a mash up?

BBC (resized).pngBBC (resized).png
#2578 4 years ago

Steve, you know I need another one of your signatures... So whatever it is, put me on the list! (Hoping it is not a chicken leg replacement for the tornado...)

#2656 4 years ago

I got on the list in the other thread. Looks AWESOME and I absolutely love the interaction with the lane changes!

#2735 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:Oh and the back of the backbox was signed by Jack (at least on mine, not sure that was all of them or not).

I have RRLE #915 and mine isn't signed. So not sure if that was a thing, but that's cool that yours is signed!

4 months later
#3046 4 years ago

I know its not official yet, but Im in no matter what it is. Have to keep my Stevie G collection complete!!!

#3076 4 years ago

The make-believe list is inaccurate anyway due to people cutting and pasting without any regard for others signing up for the make-believe list before them. If you look back, I should be make-believe #16, AstonEnthusiast is make-believe #17, and Orbian is make-believe #18. Sammy31 just jumped all 3 of us and left us off the list!

I mean, how make-believe is make-believe when we can't even make-believe we are being fair?

#3086 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wasn't whining about "fairness" either. See the difference?

I wasn't whining about fairness either.. It was all make-believe

But since I didn't play correctly, here we go...

-1. Boob.
0. MEEEEEEE
1. 27dnast
2. LukyDuck
3. vireland
4. titanpenguin
5. Manimal
6. Jedimastermatt
7. fnosm (2 please)
8. Fizz
9. jtaudio
10. rrosenhouse
11. Ericpinballfan (you’re welcome!!!)
12. paynemic
13. Dashmonster
14. mavantix
15. PinBackpacker (I know he's buying whatever it is)
15.2 Calfdemon
15.4 AlicaC
15.6 Orbian
16. Sammy31
17. KingBW
18. MJS2
19. etnfrd67
20. gouveia
21 Harry Reimer
22. Pinheadpierre
23. Zutton1(x2)

#3130 4 years ago

Yeah, no need to close the thread or start a new one. And this thread is far from a trainwreck. It is Steve's little spot on Pinside where everyone can keep updated and have some fun while the masses wait for news. If you think this thread is a trainwreck, you must not get to many threads around here... lol (And yes, I know you do... just putting it in perspective)

#3138 4 years ago

Nice!!! Im in!!!!!

1 week later
#3275 4 years ago

I'm in for the trifecta!! Gotta add the Crystal Ball mod to my witch and monkey only because I am collecting Steve's signature and need it on another new piece!

#3316 4 years ago

45 in the first minute... lol

#3335 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

More than 1/2 allocated in the first few minutes! By my accounting I am #50
Audihere
Vireland
Frogman
Avspin
Rennervision
Calfdemon
LuckyDuck
Fnosm -2X
Fnosm -2X
27dnast
Wvpinball
Etnfrd67
Reznnate
HarryReimer
Hoss_Coog
Fizz
Zutton1
Mjfisher
SewerUrchin
Paynemic
Homegameroom
Delt31
Brmorr
Generalgman
Jtauduo
Mavantix
2000_Alum
AFM95
Ckpinball
Titanpenguin
Pcpskate
KingBW
Pinz19
Homebru
Redmamanora
Orbian
Pinzap – 2x
Pinzap – 2x
Timypin
Podolj
Parker09
Eharan
Tomypin
Jvspin
RTS
Calfdemon
1quartershot
RedLineMania
Ericpinballfan
Gotfrogs

Nope, you have me down as #6 (correct) and #46 (nope)... #46 was just a comment, not another order. Yelobird got ball #50

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from etnfrd67:

fnosm list is correct

Yeah, but numbers are slightly off because he marked double orders as "(2)" but did not skip the next number. Names appear to be in good order though!

#3479 4 years ago

My high was 1.8 million in a 40 minute game, so she is a way better point per minute player than me (and better all around player too!). I'm really not that great of a player though, that 1.8 was a fluke. I can't even imagine 7.7 mil... Amazing game!

1 month later
#3647 4 years ago

I'm torn! Should I be happy with Witch 1.0 or should I upgrade to Witch 2.0? What are the differences? Will my Gouveia collections of signatures still be considered complete if I don't get 2.0?

I guess I should jump on the list just in case 2.0 is something more wonderful than we can imagine!

0. The Boob
1. Chosen_S
2. rai
3. Jorant
4. HarryReimer
5. ViperJelly
6. wcbu64
7. wesman
8. LukyDuck
9. Smiley
10 Yelobird
11. Manimal
12. Fizz
13. ToucanF16
14. Pinheadpierre
15. Pcpskate
16. Calfdemon

2 weeks later
#3755 3 years ago

The problem with the screen is that JJP flashes a chip on theirs. Buying the screen elsewhere will not work (based on everything I have read).

Word is you have to buy it from JJP for it to work.

#3759 3 years ago

The SD card can be copied or moved over., but there is also an embedded chip on the JJP version of the screen/board that they flashed. It has nothing to do with the SD card. Meaning, if you bought the same screen from the manufacturer and put the JJP SD card in it, it will not work. That chip must also be flashed.

3 weeks later
#3842 3 years ago

If this is the list to get on the list, then I want to be on the list too!!

1. Boob.
2. rai
3. wesman
4.Titanpenguin
5. meSz
6.Gouveia
7. LukyDuck
8. ToucanF16
9. JediMasterMatt
10.pballjunkie
11.Bmanpin
12.VegasAlleycat
13.ViperJelly
14.etnfrd67
16.calfdemon
19. Pinheadpierre
27. 27dnast

1 month later
#3909 3 years ago

I'm in!!

New list “Game Changer Witch Mod”

1) 27dnast
2) Thot
3) Manimal
4) Yelobird
5) titanpinball
6) bobukcat
7) bmanpin
8) Bruce Wayne
8.5) Wade Wilson
10) dirty sanchez
11) Chosen_s
12) LukyDuck
XIII) Jedimastermatt
14)
15)
16) calfdemon

#3913 3 years ago

I am really curious to know the differences between witch 1.0 and 2.0. As an owner of 1.0, I want to know if it is worth upgrading. And if I upgrade, the next question is do I sell my witch 1.0 or keep my collection of Steve's mods and autographs complete?

#3919 3 years ago

Sounds like Witch 2.0 will be going in my machine and Witch 1.0 will become part of my topper!!

2 weeks later
#4026 3 years ago

Hey Steve, just on first look (without going downstairs and looking at my witch 1.0), is that witch designed to look at the player more than 1.0 was? It looks amazing and I am going to have to retire my 1.0 for 2.0 it appears. Besides, I need to keep my Gouveia autograph collection complete!

1 week later
#4110 3 years ago

You've outdone yourself Steve!! Looks amazing!!

#4115 3 years ago

I'll take my normal spot 16 on the new fake list.

#4152 3 years ago

1. Manimal
2. meSz
3. Wesman
4. Rager170
5.titanpenguin
6. skogen75
16. calfdemon

And if I get in on Witch 2.0, I promise to sell my 1.0 and release it back into the wild.

#4232 3 years ago

I am religiously #16 and was with Witch 1.0, flying monkey, and crystal ball and just about every fake list. How did I fall to 24 on this created fake list?

#4310 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Shhhhh... Nobody post till Sunday. I’m going to be river rafting when the list comes out so I need the list to last till evening. If we don’t attract attention to the thread I might make it....

Well, if you miss this witch and I make the list, you can buy my witch 1.0 for the original $300 that they went for.

#4412 3 years ago

I'm in for Witch 2.0!!!

#4466 3 years ago

It looks like meSz got #50 unless I counted it wrong. And that was within about 12 seconds of the list going live. Wow!

#4480 3 years ago

Well, keep in mind that many of the 50 probably have the first witch and some of those will hit the market when replaced. As much as I don't want to let it go, I will be selling mine at some point. So if Steve doesn't make more than 50, there is still a good chance to get one of his mods if you still have the stock witch.

#4619 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Some how boob never made the last official list.
Boobs number one on the list of official list of witch 2.0 of which boob gets the first witch of witch 2.0
1.) Beezelboob

Didn't you read Steve's post that he is going to start with #2?

2 months later
#4744 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

How does this work ? Does Steve send a personal PM for payment ?

Yeah, Steve will contact you via PM when your payment is due. At least, that is how it has been with his last 3 mods so I'm sure that practice will continue.

#4770 3 years ago

When the time comes (I am in the 30's on the list), I will be selling my 1.0 for $200 as well. I guess we will see if the demand lessens which may in turn drop the going price, but I don't think that will happen. There are not many of his witches out there and plenty of machines. There are lesser witches, but to each their own. Selling for the original $200 price is not gouging, it is fair and just moving the witch to a new home with no markup. Prior to 2.0 coming out, I saw several witches sell for $500 plus which is crazy!

#4780 3 years ago

When the time comes, mine will be for $200 and that is just to make it available if someone wants one. If not, then I will keep it. I am not going to sell it for less because I don't need to sell it, and I have no problem keeping it as a piece of art. If someone wants to sell theirs for $50, they can have at it, but I highly doubt that will be the case.

1 month later
#4867 3 years ago

Hoping to find some time this weekend to get this bad boy installed! Just showed up on the doorstep. Once I get it installed, my 1.0 Witch will be available for $200. **EDIT - Looks like sale is already pending. That was quick!

20201211_140457.jpg20201211_140457.jpg

#4875 3 years ago

Ok , so I open up my 2.0 after removing my 1.0 and proceed to check out the new addition by comparing it to the old.

20201212_103929 (resized).jpg20201212_103929 (resized).jpg

But what is this?!?!? Upon turning the witches over, I see that fame has changed Steve!! No longer is the full Gouveia signature present, but instead an abridged initials version!! I am suddenly feeling ripped off and depressed as I only buy these mods to collect Steve's signatures!! (I will say that the Gouveia imprint is a nice touch though)

20201212_103856 (resized).jpg20201212_103856 (resized).jpg

But then, imagine my surprise and joy when I find a full signature present under the smoke where one did not exist before!! All is right with the world again and Steve has saved 2020!!!

20201212_105609 (resized).jpg20201212_105609 (resized).jpg

In all seriousness though, the install went perfect and the video was spot on. Steve, you have outdone yourself once again and the new witch is AMAZING!!! Pictures and video do not do it justice. It must be seen to be fully appreciated!

Bravo sir!! Now I sit awaiting your munchkin huts.

1 week later
#4913 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball69:

I just got my 2.0 witch Steve. Thanks a bunch. Now I have both witches- one from the other guy and this one from Steve. Will do a comparison soon. Steve’s is well built and very nice that’s for sure.

One is 3D printed and one is a hand made work of art. No comparison needed.

1 week later
#4957 3 years ago

Well, it looks like Steve and the 2.0 made the TWIPPY's final list! Let vote this mod up as it deserves to win!!

https://twipys.com/2020-twipys-ballot/

#4978 3 years ago

OK, with that talent, you have the right to touch up whatever you want. Those paintings are awesome!!

2 weeks later
#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from mrwierdwrench:

Ok, I'm confused. I recently bought the pinball machine I've been wanting for years, (Woz ECLE), to celebrate surviving covid in 2020, (some friends didn't), and not loosing my house in a fire, (family did). I joined pinside so I could access all the knowledge here, and learn about all the cool mods available. It seems that one of the coolest is Steve's which mod, but after reading all 101 pages of this post, I can't figure out if it's still available, sold out, or if there is a list for an upcoming run. Can someone set this noob straight, and if possible direct me how to obtain one. Thanks

His runs are filled and done. Your best bet is to keep an eye out for a used 1.0 going up for sale. Many bought the 2.0 and are upgrading, and then selling their 1.0 after. Expect to pay around $200 for one which was what they cost new. They don't depreciate. A number have gone up for sale lately but they go quick. Mine sold within 10 minutes of mentioning that I was going to sell it. I never even got a chance to make an ad.

11 months later
#5461 2 years ago

Can you at least tell us what game it is for so I can go out and buy the game? I need to keep my Gouveia signature collection complete and don't want to buy a mod for a game I don't own. So the only logical solution is to go buy the game before your mod is released!

3 months later
#5940 2 years ago

Holy shit Steve!!!

I didn't get in on this mod because I don't have Iron Maiden unfortunately, but please please please let me buy two of the KLOS style Gouveia Mods stickers you came up with!! That is fricken ingenious!!!

Seriously, can I buy a couple?!?

The Iron Maiden font one is pretty badass too. I would be down for a couple of those too if possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod?tu=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.