(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,597 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg
20231209_102646 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1253 Flying Monkey Video Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #1713 Monkey mod wait list Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #2400 Monkey mod install video. Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2776 Flying monkey pics Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2966 Monkey installation video Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I think it will look good in a RR WOZ and maybe green color for the ECLE and a grey or blackish smoke color as well. Im in on original color, it will look good in RR WOZ

He didn't randomly pick red though.

2 months later
#172 7 years ago

Saw this in person last week, A+ mod, very well done.

5 years later
#5999 1 year ago

I've had a couple people now order my new hammer mod without actually owning a Metallica. Which I really appreciate, don't get me wrong, but it's slightly crazy behavior.

And ... I'm starting to understand it now, because I don't own an Iron Maiden and I have this irrational urge to have this mod. It looks spectacular, really top notch work.

With everyone and their uncle—and their uncle's "teams"—pumping out mods these days it's hard to stand out. But the quality work that fills a true need really rises to the top, and this is clearly that.

#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hey Aurich!
Thanks for such a nice post man! I don't know if you remember, but I met you briefly up at Chris' house years ago at a tournament. You were really helpful with some questions I had when I made my first witch. I remember calling you the hammer guy once I realized who you were, even though you've obviously done other things I learned about later. Very cool to see you making them again. They look awesome.

I do remember! I hadn't thought about that until you reminded me, but I totally remember it now. RIP OC League.

Chris is one of the OGs in the mod hobby, a lot of people don't know about his early contributions now probably. Like the alternate Twilight Zone clock housings. Maybe that day you were there you saw his molds for the 3D Scared Stiff slingshots?

I haven't seen him in years now with the pandemic and league ending, but I did talk to both Randy and Doug recently, so staying in touch with the ColorDMD family.

I don't really mean to throw shade at any mod makers. You don't have to apply for a mod license or something, it's something anyone with an idea can (and should) do. I can't and am not trying to gate keep anyone.

But ... compared to when I started doing them it sure feels different. Every new release gets a list of mods from full time makers the day a teaser video drops. There's pressure to do something every time when it's your job and not a side hobby. You get a lot of competition for the same ideas, sometimes 4+ versions of the same mod. And look, my new hammers are stupidly expensive and I'm not mad at people making money, just to be clear.

I guess I just want to call out the high-effort stuff that really feels transformative to me. This is 100% one of those.

8 months later
#6188 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

at $425 its a little expensive for what it is.

I apologize in advance for a slight rant.

I recognize that when people say things like this they probably just mean "it's not a personal value for me". But the amount of labor that went into creating this vs the price is somewhat ridiculous. I think that makes it not at all expensive.

The "what it is" part is an original creation—hand cast (and sanded, and drilled), hand painted (better than any factory toy), with integrated lighting, designed specifically for your game. This isn't a mass market toy someone jammed some LEDs in, it wasn't made by the tens of thousands in a Chinese factory.

It took a lot of effort to design it. Each one takes a lot of effort to build for game owners. If people don't want to pay $400 bucks for something cool because it's just not worth it to them that is so 100% okay. Don't buy it.

But when I see something like this called expensive for what it is, that feels somewhat derisive, and dismisses the work mods of this quality take.

Rant over, good luck Steve!

#6192 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

100%. Thanks for posting this.

They blocked me for saying it. Some people are sensitive I guess, I tried to write it such that it was very clearly not personal. Oh well!

Quoted from thekaiser82:

I am happy to pay a premium to support good people making great products.

I appreciate that, and there are Pro owners who feel that way 100%, but my experience it's a harder group to sell to like that. Which is fine, but you can see the difference in the response this time I think.

Steve was very cool to make a Pro version for people, and I hope it sells out, it deserves to. I know I personally am at the point that I'll make universal mods when I can, or Prem/LE specific when it makes sense, but probably won't spend a lot of time on a Pro-only one if I know it's a time consuming one.

Is what it is. Don't want to derail an excellent thread further.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 26.50
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 91.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.