(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,610 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WozCastleEdge-001 (resized).jpeg
Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1253 Flying Monkey Video Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #1713 Monkey mod wait list Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #2400 Monkey mod install video. Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2776 Flying monkey pics Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2966 Monkey installation video Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

THAT is incredibly cool!!!....another great option if you consider selling this....keep us posted!!!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for all the great feedback. I've never sold one of my mods, but I really liked the way this came out and would be happy to make more. I just wanted to see if others were interested. Steve

In

#22 7 years ago

I actually think red would look good on the ECLE game as well...

#24 7 years ago

That's definitely a different witch, as well....curious how it looked w original? ( silly old elf is making a pretty sick looking witch...)

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I like the witch that silly old elf made. I think it's very cool and definitely an improvement. I just wanted to see more of the witch's body instead of just her head. I also wanted her scale to match the size of the trees more. From the players perspective, it looks like she's appearing from out of the forest. At least to me, anyway. Haha.

And agreed, w your great concept!!!....did you ever consider the hallmark version w the hourglass?....think the scale matches yours....

2 weeks later
#107 7 years ago

PM sent in, in, in!!!....mark

2 weeks later
#137 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

So...I hit a minor snag. The new witch mold wasn't making me happy, so I made another one. Unfortunately, now is not the time in San Diego to work with silicone rubber, because it takes FOREVER to cure with the current weather. FOREVER.
Good news is I now have the time to work on these things diligently to make sure I send out a mod that you'll like and that I'm proud of selling to you.
So now we play the waiting game...
Steve

Agreed...no worries...when you're happy w final product, I'm sure we will be!!!

2 weeks later
#145 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Getting there. It's very time consuming, but I'm really happy with the way they're turning out.
Steve

Very, very excited!!!

#146 7 years ago

I probably missed it....how does the smoke attach to the base?

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

You didn't miss it. I forgot to explain that in the video. I use clear double stick tape (the real, heavy duty stuff used to attach GoPro's and things like that). It doesn't budge, and doesn't damage the machine. I'll attach some to the base when I send it out.
Cheers!
Steve

Excellent.....looking forward to this " finishing touch" to a beautiful machine...looks like it was meant to be there all along!!!

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I took a lot of time to make the mod look like it belongs.
Steve

It shows!!!.The witch coming up through the red smoke was integral in her entrance, and her new size appears to be scaled perfectly with the trees...very, very nice, and a hand made piece only furthers its elegance in the game...great stuff!!!!

Ps- 0 concerns of ball trap. I've got the well mod, and the ball never even comes close. It's position on the play field doesn't make it prone to air balls ( except in extreme multi ball scenarios). The smoke will get hit occasionally, however, but being made of resin, I anticipate 0 issues there as well . The "well" mod is foam and it's survived, although over time I could see a chunk coming off eventually. You've covered the bases!!!...mark

#163 7 years ago

Ready to add...hope my name is on the list!!!

2 weeks later
#177 7 years ago

Received, installed today...AWESOME MOD!!! This looks like it belonged from the start....witch looks genuinely creepy, and the smoke effect is outstanding!!! Great, great job....couldn't be happier...GET THIS MOD!!!....mark

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Agreed. Very easy install as well. I was a little hesitant on just pulling up on the witch at first, as it felt like it was stuck. Once it starts moving though, it pulls out easy.

I was more worried that it wouldn't line up correctly when I put it back in and hit the switch....whew...worked like a charm!!!

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For those that received the mod, please post pictures. Thanks

Will do, but it's my iPad, so won't be amazing....I can honestly say that the Witch toy is now a centerpiece, as it should be....unbelievable difference!!!

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Will do, but it's my iPad, so won't be amazing....I can honestly say that the Witch toy is now a centerpiece, as it should be....unbelievable difference!!!

Tried taking video of mine tonight, but quality was terrible. Look at Ops example, and know it's even better in person....if you own a WOZ, BUY THIS MOD!!!

2 weeks later
#227 7 years ago

Looks great!!!....a must have...send mine on....

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Awesome Mod, even better guy to deal with. Just simply fantastic. This great mod really draws the right amount of attention to the witch coming and going, harassing you, etc... which is the major them of the movie. In my opinion, a must have for this machine.
Really enjoying this process, because Steve is great to work with.

Ditto...big time!!!...Steve has been awesome to deal with, and has the " mod of the year" imho.....the entire " feel" of the game has changed, and really creates a dramatic effect where it's needed most.....the small wall underneath really ties it all together ...thank you Steve!!!...mark

3 weeks later
#335 7 years ago

It's official...the mod actually looks better with the wall add!!! Puts the witch up higher, and she sinks way out of sight in the down position. An incredible, quality built mod....literally changes the ENTIRE look in the center of PF....amazing!!! Forget LOTR, she looks like Queen of the trees!!!

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I should probably just kill myself.

LMFAO!!!....Boob, don't do it, don't do it ( although the mod is ridiculously awesome).....

5 months later
#855 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Fantastic!! Thank you for posting that.
I also agree with you about gameplay. I think the witch rules are easier to understand when she's a more noticeable target. Plus, I just like lighting it up 'cause it looks cool.

Just an early adopter here rethanking you, and reconfirming to potential buyers this is a must have mod!!!

This really puts the Witch effect as it should be....the centerpiece of the game!!!

Handcrafted genius!!! As it should be, for a machine of this caliber....

1 year later
#1522 5 years ago

Hi Steve,

Your first Witch/ Smoke buyer here....in for the monkey!!!!!.... ......mark

1 week later
#1598 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

The mod comes with black light. I'm including a short cable with three UV LEDs that plugs into the topper GI in the back of the game and sits hidden away above the monkey (you can see them hanging from my cabinet in the OPEN picture). That to me is just enough light to make him glow without lighting up the back of the game too much. (Yes. I like my WOZ dark. It think it looks like Oz at night.) Just one more thing I forced myself to learn to make the monkey really stand out.

Very, very excited for this!!!

1 week later
#1716 5 years ago

good to see me in it .....excited!!!!....mark..

1 month later
#1740 5 years ago

Staggering, Steve!!! some of the best mod work out there, period!!!! Can't wait to get this in my game!!!!...mark

1 week later
#1767 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Yes. I know I said the first 35 will be quick, but I am rolling these first few or so out slowly. There's a lot of tiny little details that are important, especially if you're not used to working on your machine. audihere was a great first installation because he lives close to me and we could troubleshoot a few things over the phone. I'm gonna do my best to cover ALL the bases before too many of these go out.
Thanks Chris! Glad you like it. Video instructions coming soon for everyone else!

Hey!!! East coast guy here, and one of your first witch guys (kidding of course....can't wait to get this thing!!)

1 month later
#1874 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

#31 on the list paid for! Thanks Steve!

Wait!! Thought I was 31 on the list ( looks like you are #24 unless I'm looking at the wrong list)...Have to go back and recount...

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe you are 39 if I counted correctly.

Counted again...Are you 20? Still come up w 31 for me...Fuzzy math, or wrong list..

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

People ordered multiples.
By the way, mine is paid for and waiting for it to arrive.

Ahh...Mystery solved..Thx!!

Congrats on yours!!!

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

We could solve this confusion pretty quick. I’ll swap spots with you for $800!!!
Easy. Right?!?

Cold, you are...No worries...I am a patient guy...

2 weeks later
#1930 5 years ago

Don't sweat it Steve...I've got a list of things I need to do to on several machines...I know I'm close, and will be an awesome add to my game...huge danger in having 18 pins and OCD towards them...they are never "done"!!!!

2 weeks later
#1967 5 years ago

A monkey heading my way........YES!!!! Thank you Steve!!!

1 week later
#2022 5 years ago

Monkey ( "Mokey"...Bourbon night) installed...looks amazing!!! Thanks as always, Steve, for truly "legit" mods...Really fits the machine.... mark

2 months later
#2222 4 years ago

Steve... can't commend you enough...Amazing mods from someone that truly is a benefit to the community!!!

Have both your mods, but still follow the thread...A humble, honest approach to bringing the best...very refreshing and greatly appreciated...THANK YOU!!!...mark

4 months later
#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Just out of curiosity, how would one make a witch mod for WOZ that doesnt follow the basic design that was created by JJP? Since the witch goes up and down and stays in that same spot, I dont think theres a lot of options.

I think there was some lit skull thing that was offered some time back, replacing the stone wall look. Definitely looked amazing, but not sure how many got made.

Bottom line - there are mod makers and then there are $$ makers in this niche of the business.

The first do it for the passion of enhancing their own game (true craftsmen or engineers )then demand arises and figure a way to get them out. Usually focus on only a few toys/concepts. They probably make "some" margin, but nothing staggering. I'd put Steve, Mike ( @timebandit), Randy, etc. In this category.

THEN there are the second group...Selling everything from overpriced strip lights, to flooding the market w every 3d printed thing they can think of to make serious margin. Won't name examples, but we all know them.

Steve....Just keep doing what you do...Your mods stand alone, and always a waiting list...tune out the noise, as it's always going to happen. Appreciate you making them available ( in limited quantity) to the rest of us....mark

4 months later
#3353 4 years ago

In for crystal ball (have the other 2)....good grief....hopefully I made the 100 list.....stuck in a meeting

#3460 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

[quoted image]

That machine is everywhere!!! ( I need to talk to him soon, as I'm in need of worldly advise...those notes...lol)

1 year later
#5426 2 years ago

Such an amazing mod for this game ( have enjoyed mine for some time!!!) Congrats to those that got one.....

Steve's quality shines,...... can't wait to see these in the lucky machines, w owners enjoying them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Wanted
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MK6PIN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod?tu=MK6PIN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.