New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Red Smoke Mod 2.0 (List is closed)

By gouveia

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,833 posts
  • 465 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by konghusker
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 521 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0132 (resized).JPG
295CCF1D-433B-459B-A378-4EC72E5F778B (resized).jpeg
important-information-red-rubber-stamp-over-white-background-86663672 (resized).jpg
632B4022-AAA0-46C4-9A3A-5FD08511A7D1 (resized).jpeg
tenor (1).gif
IMG_9989 (resized).jpg
IMG_9989 copy (resized).jpg
20201105_140233 (resized).jpg
IMG_9953 (resized).jpg
19CD61D3-7C1E-4BCE-AFF7-CA226F76A9E7 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
488345f841fe5ce843aed18d1522b710 (resized).jpg
IMG_2090 (resized).JPG
indian-head-test-pattern (resized).jpg
IMG_9706 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1253 Flying Monkey Video Posted by gouveia (2 years ago)

Post #1713 Monkey mod wait list Posted by gouveia (2 years ago)

Post #2400 Monkey mod install video. Posted by gouveia (1 year ago)

Post #2776 Flying monkey pics Posted by gouveia (1 year ago)

Post #2966 Monkey installation video Posted by gouveia (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homebru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2485 1 year ago
Quoted from Thot:

Same thing for me

3rd here!

2 weeks later
#2512 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

They look great! I hope I get to see one in person one day (and maybe even own one if you open the list again).

Same here!

#2568 1 year ago

Me too! Count me in...hoping for Witch and/or Monkey! I missed the first (and most artistic IMO) mods. I hope this post gets me on the list for the new.

1 month later
#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Thanks Steve, this is a homerun....[quoted image]

^^^stunning! Art!

3 months later
#3145 9 months ago

I want one please. I was too late to the party on both the witch and monkey.

If anyone has a witch for sale, please let me know.

Chris

1 week later
#3303 9 months ago

Me please

In case I need to say "in". I'm in

1 month later
#3607 8 months ago

Sooooo happy to be a part of this club!

I needed this mod more than most of you? Why am I special you ask? Because I could never see jack in my crystal ball...even at the right angle (0.0000056° btw). It was always blurry. Well, following Steve's excellent instructions, I figured out the ball was installed wrong from the factory. The flat side which should have been parallel to the screen was the part with glue all over stuck down to the plastic base! Of course this presented a whole new problem which meant I had to remove 100% of the black plastic and glue. I then had to sand it with multiple passes of ever finer sandpaper and then Novus 3, and N2 to remove glue, gouges and scratches. I wish I had taken a before picture. It was a hot mess. I did grab one after a few sanding passes. Wasn't easy, but so worth it to do the job right.

Got her installed and I am seeing all kinds of stuff I never saw before...the Characters, the witch on CB mode and at least 2 other witch animations, yellow brick road and much, much more. Pretty much the only things I saw before were skill shot, WOZ and the swirly candy graphic. I am so stoked! I thought that was the most useless toy before. Not anymore! I now drain because I am focused on the CB.

What a work of art too. I also like the gouveia stamp and gold signature. Well done Steve.

Now about that campy witch...

Thanks again,

Chris

20200403_080752 (resized).jpg20200403_080804 (resized).jpg20200403_081351 (resized).jpg20200403_091158 (resized).jpg20200403_091353 (resized).jpg20200403_090934 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#3685 7 months ago

Put me on the "fantasy" list too...what the hey...

Seriously, I have wanted a non cartoon witch since I got this machine last July.

#3699 7 months ago

Funny. On this list that will likely go away when Steve opens the official list i am number 33. It sounded familiar and I went back to check the official CB list and I was, yep, you guessed it...33. Must be destiny!

2 months later
#4040 4 months ago

I cannot wait! I have been dying to melt (literally) the cartoon witch that came with my ECLE!

Whoop whoop!

1 week later
#4099 4 months ago
Quoted from merccat:

Wow, fantastic looking witch! So much better than what I was working on. Lets just say it involved hot glue and toothpicks.

And it was still less cartoony than the OEM witch!

(Yes...I hate my witch and cannot wait for SG Witch 2.0)

2 weeks later
#4344 3 months ago

Awesome! Your videos are as good as your mods. Very clear, bright, interesting, well explained.

Your relationship with your wife is really good and funny.. Dorky is cool. Soooo excited/nervous/anxious to hopefully be one of the 50.

Congrats on a true masterpiece. The OE witch could not hold Witch 2.0's pail.

Chris

#4364 3 months ago

A special day!

20200815_072052 (resized).jpg
#4389 3 months ago

Please, please, me!  I would like to melt my OE witch 0.01 and get Witch 2.oh!

#4455 3 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:[quoted image]

Such a great album. I see what you did there!

#4623 3 months ago

Nice. And Stunning! ^^^

I only have Crystal Ball experience, but it wasn't long after the list closed that I was notified to pay up. It came immediately thereafter even at CV19 start.

I'm betting there is not a ton of lag for early listers. I'd love to know how many hours on painting alone however..

1 week later
#4649 3 months ago

This is my favorite thread. I get dejected on a day with no posts!

#4652 3 months ago
Quoted from Sarinin:

gouveia Is it too late to get in? I love this mod and would like to add it to my machine.

Your best bet may be to buy a first series Gouveia Witch from someone who is buying a 2.0 upgrade.

2 weeks later
#4680 72 days ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Happy Friday men!
Its five o'clock somewhere.

Cheers!

20200918_185003 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4705 65 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...I've been given permission to let you all know that I've beta-tested the new witch and she's absolutely phenomenal. When you see the level of detail and work put into this thing, you'll be happy you forked over $400 for it. It's an absolute masterpiece. I've told Steve that it works perfectly for me and his installation video was fantastic and easy to follow as well. I think he'll start shipping these out very soon now. For those of you lucky enough to get in on the list, be patient: this thing takes a ton of time to put together. (You'll see what I mean when you get it.) For those of you not lucky enough, I've listed my Witch 1.0 on the marketplace for one dollar less than that OTHER witch.
Bring on the munchkin huts, gouveia ! And a job VERY well done!

$1 less than the other...well played and classy!! Thanks for getting my excitement up even more than it is! I can't wait! So excellent to hear it's been *ahem, smoke tested.

Thanks for sharing.

2 weeks later
#4723 45 days ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The munchkin miniplayfield protector is the most important mod for this game.
Mine is from Cliffy (http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm) I think he makes the best but you can find other protectors that will do the job as well.
You can see how much of a beating mine has taken in the attached pic. Notice the hammered metal look.
[quoted image]

This. Put a Cliffy on ASAP!

3 weeks later
#4797 25 days ago

Oh happy day! Can anyone recommend a good tree trimmer? This girl needs to be on display!

20201105_140233 (resized).jpg
#4800 22 days ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I just got my witch installed today and it is sweet! Now it's the witching hour over here.
One tip that I'd like to mention to everyone. When you remove the cryogenic chamber and the plate underneath it, before you install the red smoke, I recommend that you change out the rubbers on the posts beneath that plate (the posts to the left and right of the switches underneath the witch).
I say this from experience. I installed the entire new witch. Everything was working great. I got all the wires zip tied and cleaned up nicely underneath. Then I put the playfield back down, and I see a rubber rolling down the playfield. And, of course, it had cracked and come off of the post directly under the witch.
So, I had to take the whole thing off again, far enough so that I could access that post to replace the rubber.
All is good now, though. Got everything put back together and the witch is great!

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! JIT too. I'm about to place a PL order. Would you know what size rubbers offhand?

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homebru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside