(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,597 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg
20231209_102646 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 132.
#401 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks for the video. Just a heads up, you are missing the post rubber on the left side of the witch. That is probably dinging up your balls pretty good.

Mine was like that too, when I bought it. I added a rubber to it.

#402 7 years ago

From pages C-74 and C-75 of the manual:
woz2 (resized).JPGwoz2 (resized).JPG
woz1 (resized).JPGwoz1 (resized).JPG

#403 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thanks for the heads up. Haven't noticed. Wonder if it ever had it. Hmmmm...

Yeah, possibly one of the assembly workers was forgetting for a while. On my LOTR LE and several other people's LOTR LE they were forgetting to put the post rubber on the inlane/outlane divider posts even though the manual clearly shows a rubber on those posts. I just recently went through my whole WOZ and put Titans on everything except the flippers so the missing rubber in your video stood out to me.

#404 7 years ago

Yes, the install is really easy, I had it installed within 15 minutes of receiving it. I posted the picture on the WOZ Owners pinside thread. Amazing mod Steve! I'm hopeful you do another mod for Wizard of Oz!

#405 7 years ago

Now all we can do is put a hundred games on it and check for wear and ball hangs?
My witch can seems to have zero scratches or dents from ball strikes...so im confident that there shouldn't be a ball hang there.

#406 7 years ago

The install is so easy, I lost my instructions when my box came and I still installed it with no problem.

#407 7 years ago

I have never airballed into the witch in the 3+ years I've had the game, so i am not concerned.

#408 7 years ago

Just installed mine. I cant tell you enough how well this mod fits in the game. Adds so much visually to an already gorgeous playfield. Install was so easy... thanks Steve.

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

I have never airballed into the witch in the 3+ years I've had the game, so i am not concerned.

On my second game after removing the witch tube I airballed right into her lap off the Glenda target, haven't since though.

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

On my second game after removing the witch tube I airballed right into her lap off the Glenda target, haven't since though.

Murphys law i guess, haha. the most annoying place to get stuck for me is behind the winkie target when it's up (and wont free during ball search since the ball resting against it is keeping it from going down)

#411 7 years ago

The new witch really brings the game to life. Thanks again for the wall upgrade and Tree leaf recommendation.

20170211_220543 (resized).jpg20170211_220543 (resized).jpg

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

The new witch really brings the game to life. Thanks again for the wall upgrade and Tree leaf recommendation.

You are missing the rubber on the left as well.

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You are missing the rubber on the left as well.

Is it missing or just rolled way up high?

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Is it missing or just rolled way up high?

It is missing. The post has some space at the top between it and the plastic and nothing is there:

woz3 (resized).JPGwoz3 (resized).JPG

#415 7 years ago

Yep, definitely missing!
You actually need that one too! The ball slams into that post all the time, I have had to replace both of those (on either side of the witch switch) on my game due to splitting off.

#416 7 years ago

Thanks very much for pointing that out!!

#417 7 years ago

Wow. You guys were all too distracted by the trees to notice mine.

IMG_4134 (resized).JPGIMG_4134 (resized).JPG

#418 7 years ago

Oh man, first thing I'm checking when I get home tonight. Not something i really think to watch out for.

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Wow. You guys were all too distracted by the trees to notice mine.

I noticed right off the bat the post to the left of the witch on my game was missing a rubber when I got it, and a bunch of game pics posted here show that rubber missing.

But Gouveia's pic shows a rubber ring missing from the *right* side of the witch.

So what is up with all these games missing rubber rings?

#420 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I noticed right off the bat the post to the left of the witch on my game was missing a rubber when I got it, and a bunch of game pics posted here show that rubber missing.
But Gouveia's pic shows a rubber ring missing from the *right* side of the witch.
So what is up with all these games missing rubber rings?

Gouveia's original pics show the rubber on the right so I just assumed he had removed the post temporarily while he is working on making mods.

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Gouveia's original pics show the rubber on the right so I just assumed he had removed the post temporarily while he is working on making mods.

Ok.. I guess I missed those pics.

#422 7 years ago

My whole post fell out before I took the pic. I've taken that area apart so many times, I just forgot to put it back in.

#423 7 years ago

Any update on the next batch?

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Any update on the next batch?

I'm in the process of making new molds that will hopefully fix a lot of things I've had to do by hand. Up until now, there's been a ton of dremeling and sanding and polishing to fix things that weren't right, especially when I decided to make her taller with the wall. Unfortunately when I discovered something that could be better on one mod, I'd have to go back and fix it on every mod by hand. That's been the biggest time suck. Having new molds with all of those changes already made will save a LOT of time. And I'm really happy with the way she looks now. So the plan is to finish the original list in the next month or so, and then open it up again to all of you who want one.
Steve

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

So the plan is to finish the original list in the next month or so, and then open it up again to all of you who want one.

Thanks for keeping your production of this mod going, Steve! I am glad those of us that missed the earlier stages of this thread will still get a chance to upgrade our witches. It will be worth the wait!

#426 7 years ago

I'll be watching and add me to the new batch tyvm.

#427 7 years ago

I have a brand new WOZ75 coming on Monday, and I would LOVE to be added to the list for this mod!
Thanks! Will be watching this thread patiently.

#428 7 years ago

I just put mine in this morning. I managed to get the wall behind it too. I love it...what an improvement!

DSCF1192 (resized).JPGDSCF1192 (resized).JPG

DSCF1188 (resized).JPGDSCF1188 (resized).JPG

DSCF1190 (resized).JPGDSCF1190 (resized).JPG

#429 7 years ago

I would also like to be added to the list for the next batch

#430 7 years ago

I think the next list is bigger than the original list. Shows what a great mod this is.

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Shows what a great mod this is.

Definitely. This should have been original to the game. Far better than the witch in a tube.

#432 7 years ago

Can I get added to the new list? Looks great!

#433 7 years ago

Hi Steve, please add me to your next list as well. Great job!

#434 7 years ago

Thanks again for the great tree idea!

IMG_5010 (resized).JPGIMG_5010 (resized).JPG

#435 7 years ago

Yes, I'll have to do the tree mod to mine soon! I'm also thinking of some fake vines on the walls? I put the vine challenge out there!

fly (resized).jpgfly (resized).jpg

#436 7 years ago

If there is still room, I would also love to be added to the list.

#437 7 years ago

List. Me. Add too.

#438 7 years ago

Add me to the list for a second one please! (I have 2 games now...)

#439 7 years ago

ADD ME TO THE LIST!

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Add me to the list for a second one please! (I have 2 games now...)

Get the Wicked Witch of the East version now

#441 7 years ago

I haven't checked in in a while, so I figured I'd make a quick update.

The new molds are working great, and I'm really happy with them. I've made about as many pieces as I can, and now I'm waiting on more plastic that's arriving Tuesday.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to finishing up my initial list, so I can start to tackle the new "unofficial" one.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Steve

#442 7 years ago

Good news we'll be waiting .

#443 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I haven't checked in in a while, so I figured I'd make a quick update.
The new molds are working great, and I'm really happy with them. I've made about as many pieces as I can, and now I'm waiting on more plastic that's arriving Tuesday.
Other than that, I'm really looking forward to finishing up my initial list, so I can start to tackle the new "unofficial" one.
Thanks for all the nice comments!
Steve

Good news!

Glad I am no longer at the bottom of the last list. Other people have requested to be added after me!

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Good news!
Glad I am no longer at the bottom of the last list. Other people have requested to be added after me!

You are no longer at the bottom of the list.

#445 7 years ago

Please add me to the list.

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

You are no longer at the bottom of the list.

#447 7 years ago

I'm still in for two whenever these are ready! This is the best mod made for WOZ. Incredible job.

#448 7 years ago

The evil me who has one of these and loves it says you should stop making them.

#449 7 years ago

Any chance you can post the names for the next batch? I believe I am high in the list but want to be sure. Really looking forward to receiving mine!

Thanks!
Ed

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Any chance you can post the names for the next batch? I believe I am high in the list but want to be sure. Really looking forward to receiving mine!
Thanks!
Ed

No problem. This is the remainder of the list:

Troey
Eharan
SuS
Shlockdoc
T2play
Rvboarder
Pinballreno
Beelzeboob
Darkryder
Krunch
Bestshot31
Pballinhd
Pingiant
C2Motorsports
Sijcolo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/9?hl=jeremyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.