(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,597 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg
20231209_102646 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 132.
#4801 3 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! JIT too. I'm about to place a PL order. Would you know what size rubbers offhand?
Thanks!

Hmm unfortunately not. I just look through my bag of rubbers and find the one that matches.

One of them is the standard rubber that is commonly on metal posts and the other is common in the posts with plastic sleeves. In other words, I don't know the sizes other than to say that they are typical sizes.

#4802 3 years ago

Hei ho i sent pm please answer greeting from Cologne In germoney

#4803 3 years ago
Quoted from Homebru:

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! JIT too. I'm about to place a PL order. Would you know what size rubbers offhand?
Thanks!

One is a 3 and one is a 4 as laid out in the manual.
3. - 3/16" ID - this is the larger one. I say make this Pink.
4. - 7/16" OD - This is the smaller one. I say make this one Black.

Make sure that when you order you get your OD right and your ID right, it makes a big difference.

#4804 3 years ago

Received my witch today, excited to replace tube witch with Steve’s awesome creation and complete the gouveia trifecta! Hopefully this week one evening I’ll find time to install.

#4805 3 years ago

Things I learned while installing my witch.

Steve mentions in the installation video to make sure the witch is not rubbing on anything. I checked mine and it was rubbing on the two silver metal brackets in front of the witch when it raised and lowered.

The bracket that the witch is screwed onto was slightly bent from the factory. Make sure yours is perfectly flat. Second, at the bottom of the bracket, there are two screws that hold the bracket to the black colored base. The metal bracket has two slots, not holes, that the screws thread through to hold the bracket to the base. I had to slide the bracket rearwards to keep my witch from rubbing. So the bracket is adjustable forward and backward.

Edit: also make sure the witch bracket stands up straight. If not, your witch might lean slightly forward or rearwards. It also might end up rubbing on something.

Lastly, once I had the witch bracket straight and adjusted rearward, the top of the witch bracket that her hat would normally screw into, would slightly rub against the flames and well wall. So I ended up bending the hat part of the bracket closer to the witches back to stop it from rubbing.

I would check that the bracket is straight when you have the witch removed. Since you will no longer need the hat tab, I would bend it ever so slightly towards the witches back. And lastly when installing slide the bracket rearwards so it hopefully does not rub.

#4806 3 years ago

Correct. A lot of that was covered in the thread, but that was like twelve years ago. So unfortunately a lot of install info gets buried and is hard to find.

Thank you for covering a detail I overlooked in the instructions.

#4807 3 years ago

Speaking of twelve years ago, it sure is looking like the olden days in the garage lately.

IMG_9989 copy (resized).jpgIMG_9989 copy (resized).jpg

IMG_9989 (resized).jpgIMG_9989 (resized).jpg

#4808 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Speaking of twelve years ago, it sure is looking like the olden days in the garage lately.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Now you're just Fn with me by having that extra monkey sitting there!!! Sell me the monkey!!!!!wait few more!!!!

#4809 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Now you're just Fn with me by having that extra monkey sitting there!!! Sell me the monkey!!!!!wait few more!!!!

That’s the very first one! That’s not going anywhere.

#4810 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

That’s the very first one! That’s not going anywhere.

#4811 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

lmao

#4812 3 years ago

Hallo Steve can you answer my pm Thank you

#4813 3 years ago

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “WOZ Red Smoke Witch Mod 1.0 by Gouveia plus light it up even better with Lermods witch Smoke Light Mod. $200 shipped in the USA https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-...”
2020-11-12
Vienna, VA
200 (Firm)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 86 times

#4814 3 years ago

Well I just installed mine, and the very first time I saw it light up my jaw dropped. In fact, I may need to see a doctor about how to close my mouth again. Steve - I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. It's like my machine is brand new once more. God bless you sir - you saved 2020!

#4815 3 years ago

hahaha. I saved 2020?! I don't know about that. I think this year was dead on arrival.

I'm really glad you like it. Thanks for the nice post and Merry Christmas!

#4816 3 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

... I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. ... God bless you sir - you saved 2020!

Quoted from gouveia:

... Merry Christmas!

Enjoying my WoZ's "new" (albeit slightly dog slobbered) Witch 1.0 as well.

God bless you Steve! And God bless Beelzeboob too!

tenor (1).giftenor (1).gif

#4817 3 years ago

So, Steve, as literally the last name on your Witch 2.0 list (I was in the backcountry backpacking and barely got service in time to get on the list), do you think I could have dibs on first spot for a Monkey 2.0?? Just wishful thinking....

#4818 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Steve mentions in the installation video to make sure the witch is not rubbing on anything. I checked mine and it was rubbing on the two silver metal brackets in front of the witch when it raised and lowered.
The bracket that the witch is screwed onto was slightly bent from the factory. Make sure yours is perfectly flat. Second, at the bottom of the bracket, there are two screws that hold the bracket to the black colored base. The metal bracket has two slots, not holes, that the screws thread through to hold the bracket to the base. I had to slide the bracket rearwards to keep my witch from rubbing. So the bracket is adjustable forward and backward.
Edit: also make sure the witch bracket stands up straight. If not, your witch might lean slightly forward or rearwards. It also might end up rubbing on something.
Lastly, once I had the witch bracket straight and adjusted rearward, the top of the witch bracket that her hat would normally screw into, would slightly rub against the flames and well wall. So I ended up bending the hat part of the bracket closer to the witches back to stop it from rubbing.
I would check that the bracket is straight when you have the witch removed. Since you will no longer need the hat tab, I would bend it ever so slightly towards the witches back. And lastly when installing slide the bracket rearwards so it hopefully does not rub.

Installed my new witch today. Adding to this, you do NOT need the plastic spacer included with the game, as it will push the new witch so far forward that the metal scrapes the paint off the witch and damages her.

632B4022-AAA0-46C4-9A3A-5FD08511A7D1 (resized).jpeg632B4022-AAA0-46C4-9A3A-5FD08511A7D1 (resized).jpeg
#4819 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Quoted from mavantix:

Installed my new witch today. Adding to this, you do NOT need the plastic spacer included with the game, as it will push the new witch so far forward that the metal scrapes the paint off the witch and damages her. [quoted image]

Guys, I have an apology to make. I went back and watched the instructional video because I could've sworn I covered those points. Turns out I did cover those points--but that scene didn't make the final cut and I have no idea why. So I'm re-editing it as we speak and will be sending out a different link from here on out to the rest of you. To those of you who haven't installed your mod yet, your QR code will no longer work so PM me if you need a new one.

@mavantix, sorry about the damage. I'm more than happy to fix it for you, or I can tell you what paint to use to cover the scratch. Just let me know. I'll PM you as well in case you don't read this.

Steve

important-information-red-rubber-stamp-over-white-background-86663672 (resized).jpgimportant-information-red-rubber-stamp-over-white-background-86663672 (resized).jpg
#4820 3 years ago

Steve, you’re the best! And yeah I’ll reply to your PM, Sharpie actually matched pretty good...

#4821 3 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Installed my new witch today. Adding to this, you do NOT need the plastic spacer included with the game, as it will push the new witch so far forward that the metal scrapes the paint off the witch and damages her. [quoted image]

I did try installing the witch without the spacer and the screw holes were not deep enough. So I decided to use it and was able to make the witch fit with it installed. Removing the spacer and making the screw holes deeper was my last resort. I forgot to mention this in my comments. Thanks for including them for others!

#4822 3 years ago

Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Wizard of Oz Red Smoke Witch Mod 1.0 by Gouveia. Like New condition. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod I just installed v2.0 so am selling my origi...”
2020-11-21
Tinton Falls, NJ
200 (Firm)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 250 times

#4823 3 years ago

I will take that mod from you.

1 week later
#4824 3 years ago

Received my witch 1.0 mod from eharan and it looks awesome! Shootout to Steve Gouveia for making a great mod for WOZ.

295CCF1D-433B-459B-A378-4EC72E5F778B (resized).jpeg295CCF1D-433B-459B-A378-4EC72E5F778B (resized).jpeg
#4825 3 years ago

Shout not shoot

#4826 3 years ago

Hey everyone!!

How's it going? It's been a while, so I thought I'd pipe in and give you all an update on things. Yes, this f***ing pandemic has slowed me down. It's been far more important to me to circle the wagons and navigate our new reality until we can get through this. But I'm finally getting into a groove and moving faster on the witch. The first fifty on the list will be done in a couple of weeks, and then I'll need to make some new molds and start again. But I'm getting better and much faster at making it, so don't worry. It won't be an eternity.

Thanks for your patience and stay safe.

Steve

IMG_0132 (resized).JPGIMG_0132 (resized).JPG
#4827 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

Shout not shoot

THANK YOU!!! GLAD YOU LIKE IT!!!

#4828 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hey everyone!!
How's it going? It's been a while, so I thought I'd pipe in and give you all an update on things. Yes, this f***ing pandemic has slowed me down. It's been far more important to me to circle the wagons and navigate our new reality until we can get through this. But I'm finally getting into a groove and moving faster on the witch. The first fifty on the list will be done in a couple of weeks, and then I'll need to make some new molds and start again. But I'm getting better and much faster at making it, so don't worry. It won't be an eternity.
Steve[quoted image]

Stay safe bud !....sooooo when are you going to make a piece of art for the IMDN pin ?

#4829 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hey everyone!!
Steve[quoted image]

Thanks for the update Steve. Beyond Excited

#4830 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

Received my witch 1.0 mod from eharan and it looks awesome! Shootout to Steve Gouveia for making a great mod for WOZ.
[quoted image]

Steve's mods (and Steve) are top notch! I like the figurines you used on the playfield too!

#4831 3 years ago

Thank you, @apinballwiz!

#4832 3 years ago

2.0 is worth the wait everyone! I can definitely vouch for that.

#4833 3 years ago

I wasn’t aware of another witch release. If anybody has one they don’t want after all, please let me know. Thanks

#4834 3 years ago

gouveia

Steve... the QR code included with the 2.0 isn’t working. Says video has been taken down. Is there a new link?

#4835 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

gouveia
Steve... the QR code included with the 2.0 isn’t working. Says video has been taken down. Is there a new link?

Yep. I had to replace it. I’ll send you the new one.

#4836 3 years ago

He spent all weekend packing these.

IMG_0211 (resized).jpgIMG_0211 (resized).jpg
#4837 3 years ago

We all know whose a good boy.

#4838 3 years ago

Finally got the witch 2.0 and crystal ball mods installed. Killer!

#4839 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

He spent all weekend packing these. [quoted image]

So cute!

#4840 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Finally got the witch 2.0 and crystal ball mods installed. Killer!

Awesome. Glad you like 'em.

#4841 3 years ago

Nixon's the best!

He's looking a little bummed because Tricia had to help him with the stickers.

#4842 3 years ago

That is awesome and I can't wait to get mine...Wonder if #44 is somewhere in that picture

#4843 3 years ago

#44 is in that picture.

#4844 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

He spent all weekend packing these. [quoted image]

Ohhhh, if my name is up I want the one with Nixon's slobber on it.
Is your cat Frost or Ford?
Happy Holiday's to you and Tricia!

#4845 3 years ago

I seriously had to wipe it off. Not kidding.

And it's Nixon after the watch company here in SD. But kudos on the Frost reference.

Happy Holidays to you as well, Eric.

#4846 3 years ago

There’s a monkey in the marketplace.... (not mine).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gouveia-s-wizard-of-oz-monkey-mod

#4847 3 years ago

Great price

#4848 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed....hopefully not too late for a Christmas/birthday monkey.

#4849 3 years ago

Damnit! Congrats to the new buyer! Would love to find one of these mods still around.

#4850 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed....hopefully not too late for a Christmas/birthday monkey.

Sale pending...but not to this guy. Sigh. At least someone out there is stoked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/97?hl=pinball69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.