(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,602 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg
20231209_102646 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,602 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 133.
#4051 3 years ago

3.0 would be a real monkey

#4052 3 years ago

Well this is a nice change of pace. Bring it on!

Quoted from Yelobird:

1. Do you still enjoy playing WOZ? Often?

I still enjoy playing it because it's a great game. I love widebody pins, since Indiana Jones was the first pinball machine I bought and still own that got me into this whole pinball thing to begin with.
And I still haven't learned all the deep, DEEP rules of WOZ, so there are things that I still haven't seen.

But the glass is hardly ever on, so there's that.

Quoted from Yelobird:

2. At this point how many times would you say you’ve watched TWOZ?

I am second youngest of six kids. My dad was a commercial tuna fisherman and was gone most of the time at sea when I was younger, so my mom wrangled all of us by herself. One rule she had was that we all had very specific bedtimes, which were pretty much spaced thirty minutes apart.

So I remember when Wizard of Oz came on TV, I had to take a nap after school before watching it since my bedtime was 8:00. So I could watch the beginning, but I still ended up having to go to bed right around the time Dorothy meets the Scarecrow. Eventually, I just stopped watching it and never got around to seeing the rest of the movie.

So for years, whenever someone brought up the flying monkeys, I seriously had no f***ing idea what they were talking about. Not kidding.

About ten years ago I got to watch one of the remaining prints of it at the Eastman Kodak museum in Rochester. So I finally got to watch it all the way through.

In the last couple of years I have watched the witch and flying monkey scenes more times than I ever thought I would in a lifetime.

Quoted from Yelobird:

3. Does your new bride now see this as a passion or a partial obsession sickness? Lol

Best question! I would not have this thread if it weren't for Tricia. No bullshit. It would not have happened.

Tricia has MS, and she has far more important things to be concerned about besides pinball. When we met, I was working on the witch when I'd get home from work just for fun. But she encouraged me to put it out there. She gives me the space to keep creating, she helps me with lots of behind the scenes stuff, and she actually listens to me talk about pinball news that no one would give a shit about (or at least I think she's listening). hahaha.

On our honeymoon in Maui, we were in a souvenir shop when I got totally lost staring at this stupid little fish magnet with springs on it's fins. I was wondering how I could make that work for the monkey (it's on my workbench in some pictures on this thread). Tricia had no problem with that. She actually waited patiently as I kept staring at it. I eventually just bought it so I could stare at it later at home.

Plus, she agreed on this new house just so I'd have space in the garage to work and have a room to fit my pinball machines.

I mean, c'mon!!

Quoted from Yelobird:

4. Not by revenue, which (Witch or Monkey) did you find the most enjoyable to create? As an achievement.

The monkey was hands down, the hardest thing to figure out because there is absolutely no room to put a mod back there. But someone challenged me to do it, and that was all I needed to spend countless hours figuring it out. (and you helped a little. )
The enjoyment was getting it to work, the achievement was actually finishing all of them.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

#4053 3 years ago

What's your favorite brand of chicken and why?

#4054 3 years ago

Official Monkey 3.0 (and Tricia Gouveia Fan Club) List:

1. Boob
2. 27dnast
3. rai

#4055 3 years ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

What's your favorite brand of chicken and why?

hahaha!

El Pollo Loco. The crazy chicken.

#4056 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Official Monkey 3.0 (and Tricia Gouveia Fan Club) List:
1. Boob
2. 27dnast
3. rai

Come on Boob, don't leave me out in the cold.

1. Boob
2. 27dnast
3. rai
4. Fizz

#4057 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Come on Boob, don't leave me out in the cold.

Me too! Never got the monkey 2.0 so I’m in on the 3.0!!!

1. Boob
2. 27dnast
3. rai
4. Fizz
5. MrMikeman

#4058 3 years ago

Man, this makes me want your flying monkey even more. But I hate to think of paying the price for the one on eBay!

#4059 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I still enjoy playing it because it's a great game. I love widebody pins, since Indiana Jones was the first pinball machine I bought and still own that got me into this whole pinball thing to begin with.
And I still haven't learned all the deep, DEEP rules of WOZ, so there are things that I still haven't seen.

I am second youngest of six kids. My dad was a commercial tuna fisherman and was gone most of the time at sea when I was younger, so my mom wrangled all of us by herself. One rule she had was that we all had very specific bedtimes, which were pretty much spaced thirty minutes apart.
So I remember when Wizard of Oz came on TV, I had to take a nap after school before watching it since my bedtime was 8:00. So I could watch the beginning, but I still ended up having to go to bed right around the time Dorothy meets the Scarecrow. Eventually, I just stopped watching it and never got around to seeing the rest of the movie.
So for years, whenever someone brought up the flying monkeys, I seriously had no f***ing idea what they were talking about. Not kidding.
About ten years ago I got to watch one of the remaining prints of it at the Eastman Kodak museum in Rochester. So I finally got to watch it all the way through.
In the last couple of years I have watched the witch and flying monkey scenes more times than I ever thought I would in a lifetime.

Best question! I would not have this thread if it weren't for Tricia. No bullshit. It would not have happened.
Tricia has MS, and she has far more important things to be concerned about besides pinball. When we met, I was working on the witch when I'd get home from work just for fun. But she encouraged me to put it out there. She gives me the space to keep creating, she helps me with lots of behind the scenes stuff, and she actually listens to me talk about pinball news that no one would give a shit about (or at least I think she's listening). hahaha.
On our honeymoon in Maui, we were in a souvenir shop when I got totally lost staring at this stupid little fish magnet with springs on it's fins. I was wondering how I could make that work for the monkey (it's on my workbench in some pictures on this thread). Tricia had no problem with that. She actually waited patiently as I kept staring at it. I eventually just bought it so I could stare at it later at home.
Plus, she agreed on this new house just so I'd have space in the garage to work and have a room to fit my pinball machines.
I mean, c'mon!!

The monkey was hands down, the hardest thing to figure out because there is absolutely no room to put a mod back there. But someone challenged me to do it, and that was all I needed to spend countless hours figuring it out. (and you helped a little. )
The enjoyment was getting it to work, the achievement was actually finishing all of them.

Sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your inspirations. As I see you as more of an artist I suspected you had a strong foundation of family, support and inspiration that brought you down this path apparently going back many years. To create is fun, to do so with inspiration and support is priceless joy. Do thank your wife for Sharing you and your talents with us. Time is precious and your creations are much appreciated.

#4060 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Me too! Never got the monkey 2.0 so I’m in on the 3.0!!!
1. Boob
2. 27dnast
3. rai
4. Fizz
5. MrMikeman

Is this the real list yet, if so I am in

#4061 3 years ago

The “Fabulous” Munchkin Hut Mod List

1) Boob
2) 27dnast

#4062 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Is this the real list yet, if so I am in

It doesn't matter. We all love to be on as many lists as possible.

#4063 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The “Fabulous” Munchkin Hut Mod List
1) Boob
2) 27dnast

Ah! Muchas gracias. I totally forgot that was probably in the works at some point. I just hope it doesn't look like a row of hay-covered tits when he gets around to making them. At least we know they won't be 3D printed like some others out there (cough, cough).

Quoted from gouveia:

hahaha!
El Pollo Loco. The crazy chicken.

WAY too predictable, Steve. Lemme guess: Favorite tacos are Del Taco and favorite burgers are In 'N' Out. Am I close?

#4064 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

WAY too predictable, Steve. Lemme guess: Favorite tacos are Del Taco and favorite burgers are In 'N' Out. Am I close?

Well if you’re talking THOSE type of tacos. Yes. Del Taco is pretty good. And let’s not forget the Jack in the Box ones. Guilty pleasure.

And In N’ Out. No contest.

#4065 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I mean, c'mon!!

Send your wife best wishes please I have MS and I hope she’s not getting kicked off working meds like I’ve been .Its been a 3 year battle I had a rough time when trying new forms of meds real bad but Covid actually saved me as they were going to take me off Avonex for good but I got a lawyer and won .

#4066 3 years ago

For now !

#4067 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

In N’ Out. No contest.

Someone needs to explain this to me as I just dont get the appeal to In N' Out other than being cheap! If you order a single burger it's 80% bun 15% burger and 5% condiments.

#4068 3 years ago

best burger around is shake shack

#4069 3 years ago

Shake Shack is definitely good. When I lived in Manhattan, that was the place to go. Or the hidden Burger Joint in the Le Parker Meridien.

But to be honest, The Habit’s Santa Barbara burger is our favorite at the moment.

So there you go, meSz.

#4070 3 years ago

We’ve even got a Shake Shack over here in Hong Kong! Guess what time of year this pic was taken?

42554AAF-EFFB-46D9-A21C-AB5CE7E8A5A5 (resized).jpeg42554AAF-EFFB-46D9-A21C-AB5CE7E8A5A5 (resized).jpeg

#4071 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

We’ve even got a Shake Shack over here in Hong Kong! Guess what time of year this pic was taken?
[quoted image]

Sometime before January .be safe !!

#4072 3 years ago

If anyone visits Chicago stop at M Burger !!! Get the farmer burger you’ll taste heaven !!

#4073 3 years ago

God I wish they were open now !!

2E338632-A010-41DC-B3DD-CE92775A976A (resized).png2E338632-A010-41DC-B3DD-CE92775A976A (resized).png7F9B0324-01AA-45FF-B5DC-EC081DE2D7F8 (resized).png7F9B0324-01AA-45FF-B5DC-EC081DE2D7F8 (resized).pngA467D220-DBD4-4162-889B-5D84913E65AE (resized).pngA467D220-DBD4-4162-889B-5D84913E65AE (resized).pngD5D57F5B-36EE-40AF-81AE-8BF77B65A20B (resized).pngD5D57F5B-36EE-40AF-81AE-8BF77B65A20B (resized).pngC23492A5-9075-4AA1-8AC4-41772ABFFCFB (resized).pngC23492A5-9075-4AA1-8AC4-41772ABFFCFB (resized).png
#4074 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I mean, c'mon!!

Thank You for Sharing. Your words and story are from the Heart. It show's in your passion for the mod's you've created.
You and your wife are amazing and I know a little of your back story my Jersey Boy Friend.
With the Flame on this Thread I thought the List had started, instead i was treated to some nice Food.
Personal Fav, off the menu Burger at The Playground in Santa Ana or Roy's of Hawaii off menu Angus/ Maui Onion. Yummy.

#4075 3 years ago

Put me down for witch 2.0 Steve. Gotta collect them all!

#4076 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

God I wish they were open now !!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn! Those photos but Shake Shack to shame. I know where I’m heading next time I’m in Chicago!

#4077 3 years ago

Awesome

I’d like to get in on some witch action.

#4078 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

But to be honest, The Habit’s Santa Barbara burger is our favorite at the moment.

Hey @gouveia, trade ya a fully loaded Habit card for a Witch 2.0!!!

E2330330-8377-4BD0-A199-DFD8FEE43228 (resized).jpegE2330330-8377-4BD0-A199-DFD8FEE43228 (resized).jpeg
#4079 3 years ago

hmm,
me thinks it’s time to go to chicago for an m burger

#4080 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Hey gouveia, trade ya a fully loaded Habit card for a Witch 2.0!!! [quoted image]

Steve don't fall for this ...... look at the expiration date July 31, 200X

Now I can offer a shipment of Habit Burgers for a MONKEY 3.0 (hell I'll even take the 2.0).

(disclaimer - eating beef after it has shipped for 3 days in the Summertime is not advisable)

#4081 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Steve don't fall for this ...... look at the expiration date July 31, 200X
Now I can offer a shipment of Habit Burgers for a MONKEY 3.0 (hell I'll even take the 2.0).
(disclaimer - eating beef after it has shipped for 3 days in the Summertime is not advisable)

Yes, exactly! A signed, vintage, fully punched Habit card. I knew I was saving this for something. Circa 2005.

#4082 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Send your wife best wishes please I have MS and I hope she’s not getting kicked off working meds like I’ve been .Its been a 3 year battle I had a rough time when trying new forms of meds real bad but Covid actually saved me as they were going to take me off Avonex for good but I got a lawyer and won .

Kkoss24 (and everyone else), This is my wife, Tricia. She's my hero, and she's an open book. Seriously. You can talk to her anytime.

http://lovemymslife.com/
IMG_5800 (resized).jpgIMG_5800 (resized).jpg

#4083 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Hey gouveia, trade ya a fully loaded Habit card for a Witch 2.0!!! [quoted image]

And to @skogen75,

You are a liar and a scoundrel! That Habit card is well past it's due date, sir!

Thank you meSz for your sharp eyes. But please don't send me any meat. There's a Habit like seriously right down the street.

#4084 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

kkoss24 (and everyone else), This is my wife, Tricia. She's my hero, and she's an open book. Seriously. You can talk to her anytime.
http://lovemymslife.com/
[quoted image]

Steve, tons of respect, my friend!

#4085 3 years ago

@gouveia... put me in on Woz witch mod

Thank You!
Kerry

#4086 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

gouveia... put me in on Woz witch mod
Thank You!
Kerry

I can feel it Kerry...anyday now we will have a countdown to a list, then a time for list, then Steve will make a list. Then the list will start, then list will be full in a day.
Then people will beg to be on the list.
Then the list for witch 3.0 will be imaginary and this all continues into lists of chicken and burgers.

#4087 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

You are a liar and a scoundrel! That Habit card is well past it's due date, sir!

This is all in good fun, right? I’m bad at social media.

I guess I should have said, “I too enjoy The Habit as shown by my punched club card; I keep it with me in case I find my self back in Santa Barbara.”

As for that exp. date; I guess I don’t get back there as often as I had hoped.

If any of you are in the Albuquerque/Santa Fe are I would treat you to a Green Chile cheeseburger from Burger Boy; the closest to The Habit I’ve found out here.

#4088 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Of course it is. Life is too serious right now to take this thread too seriously.

#4089 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Quoted from gouveia:

Of course it is. Life is too serious right now to take this thread too seriously.

Oh yeah skogen75 alll in good fun! However I am still sending Steve same Habit burgers in the mail just cuz he turn me down on a MONKEY

Steve, looked at your wife's site and absolutely love the picture of the dog "Round Two". . . classic

#4090 3 years ago

She's a keeper for sure
Nice Pic!

#4091 3 years ago

Pm me on this mod. I don’t have a WOZ yet but I will eventually once one comes up for sale

#4092 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball69:

Pm me on this mod. I don’t have a WOZ yet but I will eventually once one comes up for sale

WHAT???
You don't have a WOZ Yet??!!!
What the Hell you waiting for bro?, your late to the game.

#4093 3 years ago

List of Pinsiders That Need to Buy WOZ

1) Pinball69

#4094 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

List of Pinsiders That Need to Buy WOZ
1) Pinball69

2) Wesman

Me too! I don't have one yet....but I still bought the Crystal Ball mod..!

#4095 3 years ago

Wow, fantastic looking witch! So much better than what I was working on. Lets just say it involved hot glue and toothpicks.

#4096 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Wow, fantastic looking witch! So much better than what I was working on. Lets just say it involved hot glue and toothpicks.

Yes but unlike Steve's cheap witch mod yours actually caught on fire so don't be hard yourself!

(have to put the sarcasm emoji as you know someone will take it seriously!)

#4097 3 years ago

The witching hour is getting closer! The next full moon is 3 August.

#4098 3 years ago

OOH really fire! That would be cool!

#4099 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

And it was still less cartoony than the OEM witch!

(Yes...I hate my witch and cannot wait for SG Witch 2.0)

#4100 3 years ago

Hey everyone,
I hope you're all enjoying this new normal! Isn't it great?! And how about that cardboard baseball? Very exciting.

The witch is still in the final troubleshooting stage, so no list yet. But before you start signing up on another fake list, I thought you'd like to actually see some of what she does. So here's a sneak peek.

Thanks and stay safe.
Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Trade
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,602 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/82?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.