(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,610 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WozCastleEdge-001 (resized).jpeg
Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 133.
#3551 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I pushed the card and reinserted the card. I removed the ball from ther base so I can see the pins clearly. I've reinserted connector 10 times.
I don't know what happened. It was working but I removed it to readjust the bracket and when I put it back in, it didn't work anymore. Crap.

Wire is loose or disconnected from one side or the other.

Maybe a broken/loose wire inside the connector?

#3552 4 years ago

My crystal ball stopped working previously, needed another one of the following (I tried to resolder the connector pins prior to pruchasing to no avail)
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/OLED-Screen-.html
Been working great since, Initially thought it was cable related but it was a bad OLED PCB

#3553 4 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

My crystal ball stopped working previously, needed another one of the following (I tried to resolder the connector pins prior to pruchasing to no avail)
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/OLED-Screen-.html
Been working great since, Initially thought it was cable related but it was a bad OLED PCB

Someone has a new one on Ebay for $50 shipped.

ebay.com link: 4D Systems uOLED 96G2 AR Miniature OLED module LCD 11315

With shipping, that's probably about $20 less than the delivered price of the JJP one.

#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Someone has a new one on Ebay for $50 shipped.

ebay.com link » 4d Systems Uoled 96g2 Ar Miniature Oled Module Lcd 11315

With shipping, that's probably about $20 less than the delivered price of the JJP one.

I have one of those but I think that JJP flashes the board before they send it out. It doesn't work with the sd card.
Does anyone have any info on this or a way to flash the board? I would like to make this a spare but now it is just scrap.

#3555 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I have one of those but I think that JJP flashes the board before they send it out. It doesn't work with the sd card.
Does anyone have any info on this or a way to flash the board? I would like to make this a spare but now it is just scrap.

Thanks for contributing that knowledge. Not worth saving $20 if you have to go through the hassle of figuring out how to get code to re-flash the new board so it works on WoZ.

#3556 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Random thought...but I love the avatar. We just watched it last night (I've seen it a bunch of times, however)

#3557 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Random thought...but I love the avatar. We just watched it last night (I've seen it a bunch of times, however)

Go away I’m baitin’

#3559 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I pushed the card and reinserted the card. I removed the ball from ther base so I can see the pins clearly. I've reinserted connector 10 times.
I don't know what happened. It was working but I removed it to readjust the bracket and when I put it back in, it didn't work anymore. Crap.

Don't forget that the little "monitor" has 2 sets of pins on the back - your connector should only go in the top row. Did you mistakenly put it in the bottom row of pins?

#3560 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for contributing that knowledge. Not worth saving $20 if you have to go through the hassle of figuring out how to get code to re-flash the new board so it works on WoZ.

Totally agree this is $20 well spent.

#3561 4 years ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

Don't forget that the little "monitor" has 2 sets of pins on the back - your connector should only go in the top row. Did you mistakenly put it in the bottom row of pins?

I don't think it's possible to put in the bottom row of pins. The top row of pins blocks pushing it in.

#3562 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I don't think it's possible to put in the bottom row of pins. The top row of pins blocks pushing it in.

I had to replace my oled screen, it failed.

I would just order a replacement ftom jjp with a new sdcard just in case if the cable is still good.

Check all the wires with an ohm meter.

#3563 4 years ago

is there an installation video anywhere?

#3564 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

is there an installation video anywhere?

I made one, but Uncle Steve left it on the cutting room floor.

#3565 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He sent out a video how to. Could post it if he wishes.

#3566 4 years ago

Hey Rai,
Check your inbox. I sent a bunch out at one time and missed you. My bad.

#3567 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

We decided to go in a different direction, Boob.

Plus, I didn't want people bleeding out.

#3568 4 years ago

The written directions really are easy and self explanatory.

#3569 4 years ago

And while I'm here, thank you to everyone who offers technical help on this thread. That is not my department, unfortunately, and I'd hate to lead anyone down the wrong road. I'm trying to keep what I make as simple as possible, but I know there can always be issues. So thank you!

#3570 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hold on, now I am thinking I just might want to see his video now...

#3571 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Everyone gawks at an accident on the road. I understand the allure.

#3572 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Quoted from Yelobird:

Quoted from titanpenguin:

Everyone gawks at an accident on the road. I understand the allure.

I hate Pinside.

#3573 4 years ago

I have the crystal ball mod and used glue from a hot glue gun to attach the ball to the mod. I had to do this shortly after receiving my RR because the ball fell off.

I like the hot glue because you can easily remove items in the future, if needed.

#3574 4 years ago

If anyone ends up installing a monkey mod light in a newer RR (2019), the connector in the RR is a 3 pin connector going to the topper. You will not be able to use this connector. Instead, you can use the back box led strip light connector. It is the same 2 pin connector that the monkey mod light strip uses.

Just thought I would let people know they are different.

#3575 4 years ago

Here are some pictures of the 3 pin connector (newer RR topper connectors) and the connectors I ended up using for the monkey mod led light.

You can still run the wires per the video instructions. Just make sure the wires are to the right! And not left.

Funny that everyone kept saying to keep them to the right, but all of the video shows them going left!

BA60E323-F535-4729-B55F-9EB44B4CC8A2 (resized).jpegBA60E323-F535-4729-B55F-9EB44B4CC8A2 (resized).jpeg275B3FDC-C36A-4237-9D76-27D42E8DEB2C (resized).jpeg275B3FDC-C36A-4237-9D76-27D42E8DEB2C (resized).jpegBB9AFB75-AF18-461C-BF39-1A44ADBEC37C (resized).jpegBB9AFB75-AF18-461C-BF39-1A44ADBEC37C (resized).jpeg4BEE0260-9E7E-4F22-961B-0DF787541B1D (resized).jpeg4BEE0260-9E7E-4F22-961B-0DF787541B1D (resized).jpegE43A722E-B124-4710-B8AF-91E1A0B8CBCE (resized).jpegE43A722E-B124-4710-B8AF-91E1A0B8CBCE (resized).jpeg
#3576 4 years ago

Anyone ever notice that Steve’s Crystal Ball mount is shown in the status screens?

I noticed the mount in the video when checking my status after I installed the mount. Pretty cool if you ask me. They go well together!

Nice work! Now I can actually see all of the video I was missing. And I always had trouble with the original mount and ball touching the wire form ramp. Now the ball sits higher like others have stated and clears the ramp.

Now, I am patiently waiting for the new witch mod!

19E9D492-B0C6-4A0C-A755-0A604C4D477A (resized).jpeg19E9D492-B0C6-4A0C-A755-0A604C4D477A (resized).jpeg8C29517A-D939-4DD5-983B-48E735DEEF72 (resized).jpeg8C29517A-D939-4DD5-983B-48E735DEEF72 (resized).jpeg
#3578 4 years ago
#3580 4 years ago

Just returned from vacation and Bam the amazing crystal ball mod has arrived! My quarantine is now complete! It is absolutely beautiful in every way. Thanks so much Steve for sharing your time in the work shop to get these out so fast for us captive souls.

#3581 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

$800 f#cking dollars!
Just WOW! Lol

Price is firm...

#3582 4 years ago

Price is firm...

Firm...ly not being bought at that price.

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Firm...ly not being bought at that price.

As much as I would like to agree with you.... someone with more money then brains will buy it!

#3584 4 years ago

Mine arrived today in Oz. Quick and easy to install. Looks great! Thanks a lot Steve.

IMG_3652 (resized).jpgIMG_3652 (resized).jpgIMG_3650 (resized).jpgIMG_3650 (resized).jpg
#3585 4 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

Mine arrived today in Oz. Quick and easy to install. Looks great! Thanks a lot Steve.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#3586 4 years ago

Can't wait to get mine. Still have the Monkey I need to install too!!

#3587 4 years ago

$800 f#cking dollars!
Just WOW! Lol

The price is firm, bitches! FIRM!! And I'm not budging!

Er...I mean...@Pinball1960 is not budging!!

#3588 4 years ago

I love my monkey and I'm sure to point it out to guests when they come over - they quickly try to figure out how to make the monkey pick up the ball again!

The crystal ball mod is also fantastic. One friend who is a regular guest and pinball player noticed the crystal ball for the first time when he played it after I installed the mod.

The mods from Steve and Lior are fantastic and add so much to the game IMHO. Thank you, Steve (and Lior)!

#3589 4 years ago

Thanks, Rich! Really appreciate it.

#3590 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just returned from vacation and Bam the amazing crystal ball mod has arrived! My quarantine is now complete! It is absolutely beautiful in every way. Thanks so much Steve for sharing your time in the work shop to get these out so fast for us captive souls.

I'm captive too, Dave! Glad you like it and happy to do it. Talk to you soon.

#3591 4 years ago

Keeping busy.

Please stay safe everyone.

B9AAA9AF-5AFA-4E98-8C05-662DCCB78114 (resized).jpegB9AAA9AF-5AFA-4E98-8C05-662DCCB78114 (resized).jpeg
#3592 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Keeping busy.
Please stay safe everyone.[quoted image]

Nice! But that is not a witch mod!

#3593 4 years ago

Oh, I hope you don’t mind. But I copied your idea with the tress. I always thought they would look better with some green leaves and when I saw your photos, I had to find some myself.

B35885CA-7E99-4CB3-9D10-3EAB1634DC41 (resized).jpegB35885CA-7E99-4CB3-9D10-3EAB1634DC41 (resized).jpeg4CB969AC-8213-42DB-B3D6-8A779AF7F585 (resized).jpeg4CB969AC-8213-42DB-B3D6-8A779AF7F585 (resized).jpeg
#3594 4 years ago

I wanna see crystal ball installs!
(Yes im drinking kirkland scotch...)

#3595 4 years ago

I wanna see crystal ball installs!
(Yes im drinking kirkland scotch...)

I think everyone who has gotten them has put them in already. Since everyone is locked down including gouveia, he hasn't been shipping any others yet?

#3596 4 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

I think everyone who has gotten them has put them in already. Since everyone is locked down including gouveia, he hasn't been shipping any others yet?

Still i wanna see pictures!

#3597 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Oh, I hope you don’t mind. But I copied your idea with the tress. I always thought they would look better with some green leaves and when I saw your photos, I had to find some myself.[quoted image][quoted image]

you really need to get rid of that witch in a fishtank mod....... lol

#3598 4 years ago

Please please please let me get on the list!

#3599 4 years ago

I plan on it! Just waiting for witch 2.0 to arrive on her broomstick!

#3600 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Oh, I hope you don’t mind. But I copied your idea with the tress. I always thought they would look better with some green leaves and when I saw your photos, I had to find some myself.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes! He needs an upgrade!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 6,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/72?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.