(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,605 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 133.
#3151 4 years ago

Great stuff. I’m down for anything you put together.

#3152 4 years ago

I’m in. paynemic is in

#3153 4 years ago

Thanks, everyone! I'm glad you like it. I'm really happy with how it turned out. The crystal ball base is actually pretty difficult to see in the movie, and there are only a few production stills of it. But I've had a toy sitting on my workbench for years that's pretty close, so I used that as a model and that was extremely helpful. Believe it or not, one of the most difficult parts was changing the angle of the TV so it can be seen better. That took a lot of work, but I got it dialed in and I'm really happy with it. I think it makes that corner of the game look “finished”, and you can actually see all of the projections now. Who knew there were so many! Haha. Plus, after all that pinstriping and detail painting of the monkey, it's nice to give my eyes a break and start working with an airbrush again. And there's no list or price yet, but that will happen in the next week or so.

And while I have your attention, Witch 2.0 is in full swing as well, and I can't wait to share it with you all. So details on that soon.

Thanks again! Steve

#3154 4 years ago

I love you, man

#3155 4 years ago

Like I said...smart dudes be hangin' on to their wallets for the time being.

#3156 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Like I said...smart dudes be hangin' on to their wallets for the time being.

Good thing we got that list!

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Good thing we got that list!

Did someone say List! Lol

#3158 4 years ago

Well with the crystal ball and witch 2.0 coming, that means there will be TWO lists! Very exciting. We pinsiders love putting ourselves on lists!

#3159 4 years ago

We should create a list of people that like lists

#3160 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Lol. Or just give Gouveia our CC#’s and he can just ship us whatever inspires him whenever.

#3161 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. Or just give Gouveia our CC#’s and he can just ship us whatever inspires him whenever.

Old school patronage...

#3162 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

1. Boob
2. Rai
3. 27dnast
4. Yelobird
5. Fizz

#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

1. Boob
2. Rai
3. 27dnast
4. Yelobird
5. Fizz

Maybe a list of lists.

#3164 4 years ago

How about a list for people that don't like lists?

LiveLeak-dot-com-release_1574651121.gifLiveLeak-dot-com-release_1574651121.gif
#3165 4 years ago
you-just-made-rnuilj (resized).jpgyou-just-made-rnuilj (resized).jpg
#3166 4 years ago

Wonder if Robin would change my handle to “27dlist”

#3167 4 years ago

So is this an official list now? If so I am in!

#3168 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

. And there's no list or price yet, but that will happen in the next week or so.

Quoted from 2000_Alum:

So is this an official list now? If so I am in!

So No, not yet.

#3169 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

you can actually see all of the projections now.

So does this base allow you to change the viewing angle of the crystal ball?

I barely see the projected images as it is now that my crystal ball is not much different than the plain palantir on LOTR.

It would be a vast improvement if the images inside would be more visible now to actually draw your attention.

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I barely see the projected images as it is now that my crystal ball is not much different than the plain palantir on LOTR.
It would be a vast improvement if the images inside would be more visible now to actually draw your attention.

The angle is perfect. BUT...keep in mind that it's perfect for an average-sized person. If you have Too Tall or Stumpy playing the game, it might be slightly out of whack.

Steve's an artistic genius, but there are some things even he can't mod.

#3171 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Yes, the angle can be adjusted.

Same as on the original bracket.

The original is adjusted by adding a washer over the rear alignment post to adjust the angle.

Elongating the mounting holes in the base allows you to move it further back, so the pinball will clear it. If needed.

So, its not a problem really with either the original or the mod.

#3172 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Thanks, everyone! I'm glad you like it. I'm really happy with how it turned out. The crystal ball base is actually pretty difficult to see in the movie, and there are only a few production stills of it. But I've had a toy sitting on my workbench for years that's pretty close, so I used that as a model and that was extremely helpful. Believe it or not, one of the most difficult parts was changing the angle of the TV so it can be seen better. That took a lot of work, but I got it dialed in and I'm really happy with it. I think it makes that corner of the game look “finished”, and you can actually see all of the projections now. Who knew there were so many! Haha. Plus, after all that pinstriping and detail painting of the monkey, it's nice to give my eyes a break and start working with an airbrush again. And there's no list or price yet, but that will happen in the next week or so.
And while I have your attention, Witch 2.0 is in full swing as well, and I can't wait to share it with you all. So details on that soon.
Thanks again! Steve

Good to hear! can't wait!

#3173 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Introducing the Crystal Ball MOD...[quoted image]

so does the mod make the image easier to view? I always seem like my hight causes the image to be cut off somewhat.

I see that was answered above, can you put me on the list?

#3174 4 years ago

Yes. The angle is changed. I’ll give everyone more details tomorrow.

#3175 4 years ago

Awesome work! I'm excited for this and Witch 2.0! I want them both!

#3176 4 years ago

1. Manimal

#3177 4 years ago

your going to upset the list gods

#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

your going to upset the list gods

Its ok he's #1 in my book !

Doesn't have to be pinball related.

#3179 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its ok he's #1 in my book !
Doesn't have to be pinball related.

Thanks.....that is what I wanted to hear...........................lol

#3180 4 years ago
Witches Tower Room (resized).jpgWitches Tower Room (resized).jpgIMG_7047 (resized).JPGIMG_7047 (resized).JPGIMG_7455 (resized).jpgIMG_7455 (resized).jpgIMG_4785 (resized).jpgIMG_4785 (resized).jpgIMG_7447 (resized).jpgIMG_7447 (resized).jpgIMG_7458 (resized).JPGIMG_7458 (resized).JPG
#3181 4 years ago

Very nice! So much better than the original.

#3182 4 years ago

Must buy now!! Where is buy it now button?!!

#3184 4 years ago

#3185 4 years ago

Here's a little more info on the angle. It looks like the original focal point of the ball was the centerpost between the flippers (in red). Unfortunately, to really see the images you have to move over to the right and down a bit. I changed the focus to the center of the lockdown bar. This way the images hit you straight on when you're playing the game. I'm roughly 5'9" and it looks great. But I've had friends who are 6'1" say it looks good, all the way down to my wife Tricia who is 5'6". The trick is using washers on the back post or the front. You can even raise the back post by unscrewing it a bit and get it even lower than that. So that's a pretty big spread.
Crystal Ball View Angle (resized).jpgCrystal Ball View Angle (resized).jpgCrystal Ball View (resized).jpgCrystal Ball View (resized).jpg

#3186 4 years ago

Really nice work. I’m in!

#3187 4 years ago

***Removed due to copyright infringement.***

#3188 4 years ago

Steve's artistry is worth the wait.
In his case its not just another crappy 3d print mod.

Its actual signed by the artist, limited edition sculptures. that exactly match the look and feel of the game.

Well worth the time and money.

Steve is truly a "Mad Genius" !

#3189 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Here's a little more info on the angle. It looks like the original focal point of the ball was the centerpost between the flippers (in red). Unfortunately, to really see the images you have to move over to the right and down a bit. I changed the focus to the center of the lockdown bar. This way the images hit you straight on when you're playing the game. I'm roughly 5'9" and it looks great. But I've had friends who are 6'1" say it looks good, all the way down to my wife Tricia who is 5'6". The trick is using washers on the back post or the front. You can even raise the back post by unscrewing it a bit and get it even lower than that. So that's a pretty big spread.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the amazing attention to detail and improvement. Shooting rainbows at the player is over the top cool lol. Your going to make us love this game all over again. You sure your not on Jacks payroll???

#3190 4 years ago

Damn Steve. Your mods are truly on a different level. Great job

#3191 4 years ago

I want on every list; I like lists list, I don’t like lists list, crystal ball list, witch 2.0 list.

Great Job Steve, I’m glad you’re still having fun with all of us and our lists

At least I got chicken

#3192 4 years ago

Steve - your photos and details are nice and everything; but, while we all come to this thread for your superb craftsmanship and attention to detail - we stay for joining lists.

In for official gouviea list 3.0, 4.0, or whatever else you’ve got in the future.

After all any list that’s good enough to allow Boob in it is good enough for me.

#3193 4 years ago

Whenever the official list does open, it's gonna crash pinside.

#3194 4 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Whenever the official list does open, it's gonna crash pinside.

List? Did You say List?????????

1. Manimal

#3195 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a really nice improvement - functional as well as cosmetic. The angle of the crystal ball screen has always bugged me. Your sculpting of the base is a perfect fit with the overall aesthetics of the game.

#3196 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

List? Did You say List?????????
1. Manimal

list? we don't need no stinkin' list!

#3197 4 years ago

For a moment I thought we were going to have a really bitchin red laser come out of the crystal ball!

#3198 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

For a moment I thought we were going to have a really bitchin red laser come out of the crystal ball!

Holographic projection......................

#3199 4 years ago

I would love to get on the list for the Crystal Ball.

Thanks
Ed

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

“We’re not in Kansas anymore, bitches!”

8499B0F1-0741-4F84-96DE-4C9F88BA4996.gif8499B0F1-0741-4F84-96DE-4C9F88BA4996.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 6,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.