(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,610 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WozCastleEdge-001 (resized).jpeg
Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 133.
#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I've been taught that imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I've also been taught that you shouldn't steal from others. This man has stolen my design--plain and simple. Please don't settle for his overpriced cheap 3D printed ripoff.
I don't know what else to say other than "Are you fucking kidding me?" @harryhoudini.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-w oz-flaming-witch-with-realistic-fire-mod-development[quoted image]

there is no place for people who stealing ideas and DESIGNS! this is to much....

#2802 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I've been taught that imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I've also been taught that you shouldn't steal from others. This man has stolen my design--plain and simple. Please don't settle for his overpriced cheap 3D printed ripoff.
I don't know what else to say other than "Are you fucking kidding me?" @harryhoudini.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wizard-of-oz-w oz-flaming-witch-with-realistic-fire-mod-development[quoted image]

Could not believe it when I saw it, and said so. But here we are.

#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

there is no place for people who stealing ideas and DESIGNS! this is to much....

And the crazy part is this ripoff is 3D printed, not cast like Steve's, so it will never look anywhere near as nice. Like I said in that thread, there are so many ways to go creatively with mods to sell that you can pull from your own brain, why rip off someone else's design?

#2804 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And the crazy part is this ripoff is 3D printed, not cast like Steve's, so it will never look anywhere near as nice. Like I said in that thread, there are so many ways to go creatively with mods to sell that you can pull from your own brain, why rip off someone else's design?

your post was in place!!!! totally agree with you!

#2805 4 years ago

That’s too bad. I like Scott, and his potc mods have been great, but I have to agree, that’s too similar.

#2806 4 years ago

Those of us who have purchased Steve’s witch know how good it is and will wait for his next run. Hang in there Steve, many of us support and are appreciative of your efforts. People will buy whichever one is better, and yours can’t be beat.

#2807 4 years ago

Well I've said it before, but I think this calls for a slightly modified request.

Steve, please add me to your list for the REAL red smoke and witch mod!

#2808 4 years ago

I knew this harryhoudini guy had a trick up his sleeve. No excuse for what he’s doing... despicable.

#2809 4 years ago

Damn... I have no problem waiting for Steve’s new improved witch.

#2810 4 years ago

Start your new witch mod order list Steve.

#2811 4 years ago

I'm going to pop in here to defend my buddy Steve. I love his work; the quality is top notch. I think I have a great solution to make everybody happy and help my pinball brethren out:

I've got Steve's first witch, but will be buying his new and improved one as soon as the list is announced.

Then, I'll be selling his original one for $224 ... one dollar less than the cheap knockoff currently being offered (whose witch has asked that her identity not be revealed, judging by the pictures).

Win/win -- I get a new witch. Someone else gets a better witch for cheaper.

On deck: Cheap-assed monkeys. In silhouette.

#2812 4 years ago

Wow! Everyone it’s Boob!!

I would like to take credit for bringing Beelzeboob back to pinside.

#2813 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm going to pop in here to defend my buddy Steve. I love his work; the quality is top notch. I think I have a great solution to make everybody happy and help my pinball brethren out:
I've got Steve's first witch, but will be buying his new and improved one as soon as the list is announced.
Then, I'll be selling his original one for $224 ... one dollar less than the cheap knockoff currently being offered (whose witch has asked that her identity not be revealed, judging by the pictures).
Win/win -- I get a new witch. Someone else gets a better witch for cheaper.
On deck: Cheap-assed monkeys. In silhouette.

Welcome back. Hope you’re still enjoying that potc topper

#2814 4 years ago

wow... just wow.. total rip off.

however, my "glass is half full" mentality.. I assume harryhoudini wont be spamming this thread any more?

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

there are so many ways to go creatively with mods to sell that you can pull from your own brain, why rip off someone else's design?

Head of nail...meet hammer. Especially when it comes to the witch and all the different directions a mod maker could go with it.

#2816 4 years ago

My daughter's favorite historical figure just happens to be Harry Houdini. Her least favorite is Thomas Edison because he stole so many other people's ideas. I think the "new witch guy" picked the wrong username.

#2817 4 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

My daughter's favorite historical figure just happens to be Harry Houdini. Her least favorite is Thomas Edison because he stole so many other people's ideas. I think the "new witch guy" picked the wrong username.

As someone that works in a patents related job, I would say your daughter is being a little hard on Edison. Invention is most often based on other's ideas and is simply improving on what had already been done in an alternative form (i.e. improving on someone else's invention). Art work, as in this witch fire mod, is a different animal than invention. Art falls under copyright laws rather than invention/patents that Edison was obtaining.

A good example of attempting to improve on other's previous inventions would be Keith Elwin's new ball target used in Iron Maiden which Stern received a patent. It has a very similar switch spoon concept used in a pop bumper but was a new alternative way to do a ball target to the old newton balls.
elwin (resized).JPGelwin (resized).JPG

#2818 4 years ago

Great to see you, Randy!

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Great to see you, Randy!

Who is Randy?

#2820 4 years ago

Sadly this type of copying of someone else's idea is often embraced here but usually only if it's done to save pinheads money (the rip-off is cheaper than the original). It was really classless for him to be commenting on this thread while working on his own though.

#2821 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sadly this type of copying of someone else's idea is often embraced here but usually only if it's done to save pinheads money (the rip-off is cheaper than the original). It was really classless for him to be commenting on this thread while working on his own though.

I withheld judgment until I saw the mod and read his explaination. It seems a significant reason was that people wanted it and the original producer wasn't making it anymore. I could think of tons of Star Wars merchandise alone that I could produce with that logic.

#2822 4 years ago

well...…. he just sealed his fate with me. I will never put any of this copycat's mods on a game in my house, even if he gives them away for free. nothing worse than a damn thief!

#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Who is Randy?

Websters Dictionary:

Definition of randy. (Entry 1 of 2) 1 chiefly Scotland : having a coarse manner. 2 : lustful, lecherous.

Based upon this, I am...

Not every day though

#2824 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Websters Dictionary:
Definition of randy. (Entry 1 of 2) 1 chiefly Scotland : having a coarse manner. 2 : lustful, lecherous.
Based upon this, I am...
Not every day though

a_powers_yeahbabyyeah.gifa_powers_yeahbabyyeah.gif
#2825 4 years ago

I got you covered![quoted image]

Haha that’s amazing! Thanks I needed the laugh too!

#2826 4 years ago

Hello Steve! Glad to see you will be making the witch again! I have been looking for a red smoke witch for a long time. Please put me on all 3 lists!

1) Flying Monkey - I’m already on that list someplace. Am I getting one out of this batch?
2) Red smoke witch - please take my money !!
3) Oz in the poppies - yup put me down for that too !!!!!!

Thanks much

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Who is Randy?

Sorry, thats Boobs, name....

#2828 4 years ago

Thanks for the additional perspective everyone. Sounds like a clusterf***. Sad. Happy to hear that these will be remade again, I’m looking forward to ordering one.

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from drjeff112:

Hello Steve! Glad to see you will be making the witch again! I have been looking for a red smoke witch for a long time. Please put me on all 3 lists!
1) Flying Monkey - I’m already on that list someplace. Am I getting one out of this batch?
2) Red smoke witch - please take my money !!
3) Oz in the poppies - yup put me down for that too !!!!!!
Thanks much

again as steve and i said. poppies mod is not steve mod. im making them and steve not making any profit of it and im the guy who doing the production of steve great idea. for more info about the mod and to sign in send me pm or watch this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-new-oz-lanes-by-steve-gouveia-amp-lior-rajwan-list-open

thanks

BTW guys this support and backup for steve on what happen with the witch copy is awesome! our the designers and the creators spending tons of hours to get the right idea and the design. thank you for all! i love this community

#2830 4 years ago

so please confirm new witch production or copy will steel new customers

#2831 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

so please confirm new witch production or copy will steel new customers

He already said he's doing them again. Just wait for the reservation list announcement. Anyone that buys the terrible ripoff one deserves what they get.

#2832 4 years ago

Well, there is no production on the current witch, so someone took advantage to make something similar. Sounds common and not out of place to me and it doesnt appear to be an exact copy.
Of course I can understand the annoyances on the other side.

So that means you need to start production again!

#2833 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Well, there is no production on the current witch, so someone took advantage to make something similar. Sounds common and not out of place to me and it doesnt appear to be an exact copy.
Of course I can understand the annoyances on the other side.
So that means you need to start production again!

Be patient...
Witch V.2 is going to be awesome.

#2834 4 years ago

Be patient...
Witch V.2 is going to be awesome.

Im curious to see whats different about them.

#2835 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Im curious to see whats different about them.

Steve makes them. That...says it all.

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Also, odd to say about a mod toy but I view Steves work as individual pieces of Art. Hand signed and you know he remembers each and every one he painted. In my view your more so buying a piece of Steve then a toy. I admire his work and more so the great guy making it.

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

No, i actually meant between his first and the v2... he looks to do great work...

#2838 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No, i actually meant between his first and the v2... he looks to do great work...

Yes, I actually knew what you meant. I wasn't being snarky, i just know it will be good, and Im also looking forward to how its different from an original.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Also, odd to say about a mod toy but I view Steves work as individual pieces of Art. Hand signed and you know he remembers each and every one he painted. In my view your more so buying a piece of Steve then a toy. I admire his work and more so the great guy making it.

Agreed. I also have a post a few pages back about his labor of love and artistry of his pieces. Ive seen 4 monkey's at this point. They are all unique with the details.

#2839 4 years ago

Hah! Looks like Witch mod v2 list is opening soon - the thread title changed!

#2840 4 years ago

I love my witch with red smoke.
I absolutely have to get a monkey mod though. I really hope there is a re-run.

#2841 4 years ago

Please please please bring back the Monkey Mod! I just got The WOZRR not too long ago and I was so sad that I missed it!

#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from thanhdlam1985:

Please please please bring back the Monkey Mod! I just got The WOZRR not too long ago and I was so sad that I missed it!

He's not even done with the Monkeys he's doing now. He circled back to the witch, I wouldn't be surprised if he did the monkeys again in the future too. Just have to be patient or get lucky with a used one...

#2843 4 years ago

I want on the list for the new witch please
I will do my best to look out for the official announcement.

1 week later
#2847 4 years ago

I agree the other witch is a knock off. But at the time you were not selling any more. It was like anyone wanted a witch was out of luck.

Suppose one restaurant made the best chicken sandwich and then all the sudden they said not making any more. Then another restaurant said ok I’ll do it.

People are hooked on the witch. What were they supposed to do when you stopped selling?

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Suppose someone made the best chicken sandwich and then all the sudden they said not making any more. Then another restaurant said ok I’ll do it.

Imagine if Stern made a limited run of 500 LE models of a game and thats it, and then Jersey Jack just copied it and sold more because Stern wasn't doing it anymore.

It doesn't seem very nice.

But if people didn't like the existing witch and couldn't buy this one anymore, then maybe they'd buy some other kind of mod in lieu of it. That's the real opportunity in my mind... something that's more distinct would have been completely fine.

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Imagine if Stern made a limited run of 500 LE models of a game and thats it, and then Jersey Jack just copied it and sold more because Stern wasn't doing it anymore.
But if people didn't like the existing witch and couldn't buy this one anymore, then maybe they'd buy some other kind of mod in lieu of it. That's the real opportunity in my mind... something that's more distinct would have been completely fine.

I see your point.

I would not mind if JJP did another Tron or Star Wars pin. Just not a copy of Stern. Like they make a potc pin but it’s different than the Stern pin.

#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree the other witch is a knock off. But at the time you were not selling any more. It was like anyone wanted a witch was out of luck.
Suppose one restaurant made the best chicken sandwich and then all the sudden they said not making any more. Then another restaurant said ok I’ll do it.
People are hooked on the witch. What were they supposed to do when you stopped selling?

Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Quoted from rai:

I see your point.
I would not mind if JJP did another Tron or Star Wars pin. Just not a copy of Stern. Like they make a potc pin but it’s different than the Stern pin.

This is capitalism, gentlemen. Supply and demand.
'Murica!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/57?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.