Topic Stats

• 3,016 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by gatordad
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 314 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

82D34507-38EB-4DB9-8D4C-DF0E08519E86 (resized).jpeg
YIKumaekOHsSsVEw1U_2DrGmhXS3GpHc8WC3LTmXDHw (resized).jpg
1 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 8.17.57 AM (resized).png
IMG_6506 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20191028-153119~2 (resized).png
monkey (resized).jpg
Derailment (resized).jpg
20191024_164941 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 4.56.06 PM (resized).png
Soup (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 10.30.11 AM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
a_powers_yeahbabyyeah.gif
elwin (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3016 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 61.
#2301 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Just got my monkey installed!
It's amazing! Really adds to the game.
What was a colored blot on a piece of plastic is now a functioning meaningful part of the game.
It took me 25 mins to install, could have done it in 10. Its super easy. I have an ECLEWOZ with back ally walls.
Tons of room for the monkey and the door spacer.
Did have to put a bend in the wire guide as shown, about 1/16" for the screwhead to clear.
I wedged a big flat blade screwdriver between the door post and the guide to put a little bend in a couple areas.
Or use pliers and a rag as shown in the instructional video. You only have to bend it a little until the door swings freely.
I recommend a brand new high quality #2 screwdriver to remove the door screws, you need it to fit tightly into the screwheads and apply some pressure.
pinballgoddess laughed and smiled, she loves it.
Worth every penny.

As always great tech advice!!
I actually just got Matt's Back Alley castle walls and was curious what to expect. Perfect timing with the info!
Going to attack the castle tomorrow and also fix my winky spring to, and your advice on cold solder on coil.
( above unrelated to Monkey install)

#2302 7 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

As always great tech advice!!
I actually just got Matt's Back Alley castle walls and was curious what to expect. Perfect timing with the info!
Going to attack the castle tomorrow and also fix my winky spring to, and your advice on cold solder on coil.
( above unrelated to Monkey install)

You're welcome!

#2303 7 months ago

Dang I came here hoping the El Pollo Rico recipe was up, but it’s just a bunch of monkey business

#2304 7 months ago
Quoted from merccat:

Dang I came here hoping the El Pollo Rico recipe was up, but it’s just a bunch of monkey business

Seriously. I want someone who’s worked there, dammit. I can read all sorts of copycat recipes. I want the REAL DEAL!!

#2305 7 months ago

Only three people in front of me now ... paint like the wind Steve!

#2306 7 months ago

Haha. I’m trying! I’m trying!

#2307 7 months ago

It’s 2:30 in the morning. This next group will be particularly evil.

8717B2B9-E7A8-4A1C-8D17-07B3B75C03DD (resized).jpeg
#2308 7 months ago

Fantastic work man!

#2309 6 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Just got my monkey installed!

I recommend a brand new high quality #2 screwdriver to remove the door screws, you need it to fit tightly into the screwheads and apply some pressure.
pinballgoddess laughed and smiled, she loves it.
Worth every penny.

The door was a struggle for me as well. I started to strip the bolt and so stopped. Instead I use some black electrical tape cut into thin strips. Used those strips to build up a thin bump out on the back of the door where it hits the post. It only took about 5 layers. In my opinion you can't even tell the door is slightly open

I hesitate telling you all this because if installed correctly there is no need to jerry rig it but for me the bolt was a real issue.

#2310 6 months ago

They probably used lock tight
I also had issue with the door screws
Started to strip the bottom screw

I just disassembled the rubber and posts from the upper playfield to gain better leverage.
+1 on a new #2 tip or driver

Loving my Monkey!
Great Work Steve!

#2311 6 months ago
Quoted from gatordad:

They probably used lock tight
I also had issue with the door screws
Started to strip the bottom screw
I just disassembled the rubber and posts from the upper playfield to gain better leverage.
+1 on a new #2 tip or driver
Loving my Monkey!
Great Work Steve!

Awesome! Thank you.

And thanks to you guys for all of your suggestions and tips. Much appreciated.

#2312 6 months ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

The door was a struggle for me as well. I started to strip the bolt and so stopped. Instead I use some black electrical tape cut into thin strips. Used those strips to build up a thin bump out on the back of the door where it hits the post. It only took about 5 layers. In my opinion you can't even tell the door is slightly open
I hesitate telling you all this because if installed correctly there is no need to jerry rig it but for me the bolt was a real issue.

Brand new high quality #2 screwdriver.

It has to fit snugly into the screwhead.

The screws were only used once. The heads will be good.

If you are stripping the head, you have a garbage screwdriver or you need to press harder, or both.

Junk chinese 99 cent screwdrivers wont do it. Must be a #2

Multi bit screwdrivers are sloppy and crap for this.

I used a craftsman from 20 years ago that looked pretty new.

Press in firmly into the screw heads, very firmly.

Do not slip, take some care.

The bottom screw will be at an angle. Remove the posts there to get a straighter angle on the screwdriver if necessary.

I just pushed the screwdriver in more firmly. Really firmly.

They will crack out easily with the proper tool.

#2313 6 months ago

Just installed the monkey mod and wanted to say what amazing artwork it is. The detail and paint work on the monkey is amazing, those of you waiting will not be disappointed!!

#2314 6 months ago

Thanks man! Maiden!!!!

#2315 6 months ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

Dremel a slot in it, remove with flat head. Had to do this on 3 different screws now on various castle doors, usually bottom right corner main door. Order new ones from JJP or generic #6 or whatever they are. Replace often, sadly... they get bashed to crap, especially on the main doors. I think some corrosion builds up between the screw threads and door post, unless it's some weird white thread locker. Worst case, channel lock pliers (vice grip) on the screw and turn, just enough to break it free. Plan to replace the door decal. I hate to dremel in my game (or even with the castle playfield removed) but sometimes there is no option. I've yet to cut into a playfield, fingers crossed.

#2316 6 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Dremel a slot in it, remove with flat head. Had to do this on 3 different screws now on various castle doors, usually bottom right corner main door. Order new ones from JJP or generic #6 or whatever they are. Replace often, sadly... they get bashed to crap, especially on the main doors. I think some corrosion builds up between the screw threads and door post, unless it's some weird white thread locker. Worst case, channel lock pliers (vice grip) on the screw and turn, just enough to break it free. Plan to replace the door decal. I hate to dremel in my game (or even with the castle playfield removed) but sometimes there is no option. I've yet to cut into a playfield, fingers crossed.

Good Lord..where do I begin? Sorry, but some of you are just WAY over the top.

Use a good screwdriver, people.

#2317 6 months ago

The Maiden monkeys are ready to ROCK!

Live to FLY my pretties, FLY TO LIVE!!!

IMG_E5130 (resized).JPG
#2318 6 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Good Lord..where do I begin? Sorry, but some of you are just WAY over the top.
Use a good screwdriver, people.

I'll find the pic and show you. There was nothing to screw.

#2319 6 months ago

And it’s four in the morning. And I’ve worked all night. And I’m going to bed and who cares. Good night.

#2320 6 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

And it’s four in the morning. And I’ve worked all night. And I’m going to bed and who cares. Good night.

Commiserating over here. Siesta time.

#2321 6 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Ahhh, middle of the night monkey's.....
The witching hour is always best time to work on monkeys.

#2322 6 months ago

Does anyone have a pic of the monkey after it has been installed...or a video of it in action??

#2323 6 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Does anyone have a pic of the monkey after it has been installed...or a video of it in action??

In action

#2324 6 months ago

Here’s a picture I took after installing mine

87622639-4BA7-4094-8520-C8DBB6E4592C (resized).jpeg
#2325 6 months ago

Ahhh, middle of the night monkey's.....
The witching hour is always best time to work on monkeys.

Agreed. The witching hour is the best time to work on almost anything.

#2326 6 months ago

Ive never been so excited for a bill to arrive!

#2327 6 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I'm getting somewhat better at this whole assembly line thing.
Next up:
victor
gardo
mountaingamer
1quartershort
FlippyD
Vyzer2
dmj1977
Parker09
kidchrisso
tomypin[quoted image]

i bet you never want to see another monkey as long as you live after this!

#2328 6 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I'm actually hoping he likes monkeys and wants to make more. I just got my WOZ ~1 month ago. I'm not a mod guy - - - I like to keep things as original as possible. But, this is one mod that I'd buy in a heartbeat. So cool, like it should have been there from day one....

#2329 6 months ago

New category for this year's TWIPPY's......best Mod ever that was shafted on a prior year..........Monkey is winner, Hands Down!

#2330 6 months ago
Quoted from Manimal:

New category for this year's TWIPPY's......best Mod ever that was shafted on a prior year..........Monkey is winner, Hands Down!

Hahaha. I don't ever, ever write LOL but that made me laugh out loud.

#2331 6 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Quoted from PinJim:

I'm actually hoping he likes monkeys and wants to make more. I just got my WOZ ~1 month ago. I'm not a mod guy - - - I like to keep things as original as possible. But, this is one mod that I'd buy in a heartbeat. So cool, like it should have been there from day one....

Ironically, the worst job I ever had in my life was working in a CNC machine shop during college (sorry for those of you out there who are machinists). I absolutely HATED that job. Making the same part over and over and over, dreaming about making the same part over and over and over, going back to work and making the same part over and over...I actually think about that job more than ever now!
But I'm also an actor and musician, so I've gotten really good at being repetitive. Plus, this is something I created so that makes a HUGE difference.

#2333 6 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Please add me to the monkey mod list gouveia

It's in the thread name:

"Monkey Mod (List closed)"

#2335 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's in the thread name:
"Monkey Mod (List closed)"

Thank you. I spoke to the OP prior to that post, however.

#2336 6 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Thank you. I spoke to the OP prior to that post, however.

It’s the waiting list.

#2337 6 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

It’s the waiting list.

Haha...almost started a stampede!

#2338 6 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

It’s the waiting list.

So there’s hope for more in the future? If so, add me to the list!

#2339 6 months ago
25C3530A-96D3-4CC3-A9DB-DAEAAB7C49D3 (resized).jpeg
#2340 6 months ago

Personally I'm hoping for more witches and smoke!

#2341 6 months ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Personally I'm hoping for more witches and smoke!

I was hoping for a revolutionary 3rd exciting mod. I see my castle at completion, and my Munchkin ramp of need of some flair. Starting to look stark over in the munchkin land.

#2342 6 months ago

Now if I buy a WOZ in the future it will have to already have this fantastic monkey mod. Great job.

#2343 6 months ago

When mods collide, or Building a better castle.
Added Back alley castle walls, modcouple doors and flasher lamp, and ofcourse , Gouveia which and monkey. Note monkey and witch already been in for awhile.

20190628_121643 (resized).jpg20190628_121652 (resized).jpg20190628_121659 (resized).jpg
#2344 6 months ago

Pin stadiums are terrible, and only marginally better than their spam-fest social media marketing. Monkey all the way!

#2345 6 months ago

Next up:

Sidekick74

fuseholder

Riffbear

Chambo

Pinz19

2000_alum

Orbian

scottr

BOB-G

jrockne

Now back to Iron Maiden and chicken.

tumblr_oatn3vOHpq1vbsk0io1_640 (resized).jpg
#2346 6 months ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Now back to Iron Maiden and chicken.

I'm a Popeye's chicken guy. Spicy gravy and spuds, yummm.

#2347 6 months ago

That's great news about a waiting list. Chicken, monkey... monkey flavored chicken it doesn't matter. I'm game <pun intended> to make up for missing out on the initial go around for monkeys. My witch is lonely.

Hmm... witch flavored monkeys?

#2348 6 months ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Hmm... witch flavored monkeys?

With spicy gravy from Popeye's maybe?

#2349 6 months ago

I'm a Popeye's chicken guy. Spicy gravy and spuds, yummm.

Popeye's chicken has gotten weird. The texture is wrong. It's especially obvious on the tenders. Love their beans and rice and potatoes and gravy, but we don't go there much any more because the chicken is just bad, especially when you compare it to the quality of Chik Fil a.

#2350 6 months ago

If all we talk about is chicken on this thread while I make these, I will be extremely happy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 44.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Forever
There are 3016 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 61.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside