(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,610 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WozCastleEdge-001 (resized).jpeg
Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 133.
#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

For smoking/bbq I’ve been enjoying using a 24 hour brine of pineapple juice and fresh citrus along with salt and seasonings.
When do we change the topic to cooking with pinball? Not complaining just amused

I think that’s the El Pollo Loco marinade.

#2252 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I think that’s the El Pollo Loco marinade.

Probably very similar, tasty stuff! I like that I can do the cooking outside and avoid heating up the house vs fried which I would have to do stove top.

Back to KFC... Wife talked me into trying KFC’s cinnabon biscuits... yah, some things just were never meant to go together.

#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Probably very similar, tasty stuff! I like that I can do all the cooking outside and avoid heating up the house.
Back to KFC... Wife talked me into trying KFC’s cinnabon biscuits... yah, some things just were never meant to go together.

It's just a way for KFC to still use their old buscuits they would otherwise have to throw away because they're too hard to put with meals. <--True story.

There's a reason it's weird and they're so nasty.

#2254 4 years ago

Hi I would like to be on the list I have contacted you months ago and I am still wanting this month please and thank you
Bart

#2255 4 years ago

No list. No witches. I’m only working on 200 monkeys from the list on page 35.

However, if you’re looking for chicken seasoning and marinating tips, this is the place.

#2256 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a reason it's weird and they're so nasty.

LOL! I was trying to be kind in case someone liked them but yeah, nasty is the word.

#2257 4 years ago

Ok, where'd I misplace the monkey install instructions? I searched, I manually paged through the last 10 pages... can't find them. Google is no help. Anyone?

#2258 4 years ago

PM sent...

#2260 4 years ago

You’re welcome!
Just happened to see your post when I logged in.

#2261 4 years ago

I thought they soaked the chicken in milk overnight, maybe even buttermilk

#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I thought they soaked the chicken in milk overnight, maybe even buttermilk

thats what i was thinking. Buttermilk is what i use in my own recipe (adding in some creole seasoning and ground black pepper)

Don't mind us Steve, we're just keeping this thread going (jk)

#2263 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

thats what i was thinking. Buttermilk is what i use in my own recipe (adding in some creole seasoning and ground black pepper)
Don't mind us Steve, we're just keeping this thread going (jk)

yea, then you just put it in the seasoned flour and fry it, 325 F for about 20 min

#2264 4 years ago

The buttermilk soak is preferred, but not necessary.

#2265 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

The buttermilk soak is preferred, but not necessary.

Too much dairy gives me witch smoke. Or at least something that smells like a witch concocted it.

#2266 4 years ago

I wouldn’t want to try it myself at home but don’t they fry it in a pressure cooker?

#2267 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I wouldn’t want to try it myself at home but don’t they fry it in a pressure cooker?

no, deep fryer

#2268 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Cant do KFC-style pressure cooked fried chicken in a home pressure cooker. Just regular pan frying with oil.

#2269 4 years ago

Back in 1984, I worked at a KFC. as a summer job. We did dip the chicken in a buttermilk wash and then put all of the pieces into a dusting table that looked like a giant sand box with a screen under the “secret recipe”. The screen was then lifted out and bought over to a pressure cooker made by Henny Penny and held 4 screens of chicken. The biscuits were made from scratch. The coleslaw was already made and came in half gallon cartons like milk does.

CB6A1AE8-9577-4468-812E-C213FE26ACD6 (resized).jpegCB6A1AE8-9577-4468-812E-C213FE26ACD6 (resized).jpeg
#2270 4 years ago

Since this is summe, here is my go to recipe for grilled chicken. It is easily adaptable, if you can set your grill up to direct and indirect heat the oven is not needed. Also a dry rub after the brine is what I do.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/the-ultimate-barbecued-chicken-recipe-1916919

#2271 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Since this is summe, here is my go to recipe for grilled chicken. It is easily adaptable, if you can set your grill up to direct and indirect heat the oven is not needed. Also a dry rub after the brine is what I do.
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/the-ultimate-barbecued-chicken-recipe-1916919

I think I’ll try this next weekend, sounds good! Recently switched from charcoal to wood pellets and been loving it so far.

#2272 4 years ago

I have a hot fried chicken recipe that's just killer

IMG_1229 (resized).jpegIMG_1229 (resized).jpeg
#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I have a hot fried chicken recipe that's just killer[quoted image]

No pickles? Isn't that a hot fried chicken mandatory item?

#2274 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No pickles? Isn't that a hot fried chicken mandatory item?

Good catch...

IMG_1016 (resized).jpgIMG_1016 (resized).jpg
#2275 4 years ago

We interrupt the chicken discussion for this important announcement:

Up next:

rrosenhouse
Teknotoyz
knightgdg
MT45
sjohn26148
surfinvet
Reznnate
pduffy
Charliew65
rviguet

And now back to chicken.

IMG_5006 (resized).jpgIMG_5006 (resized).jpg
#2276 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Up next:
rrosenhouse
Teknotoyz
knightgdg
MT45
sjohn26148
surfinvet
Reznnate
pduffy
Charliew65
rviguet
adamross
And now back to chicken.[quoted image]

So glad I made the list!!!

#2277 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Up next:
rrosenhouse
Teknotoyz
knightgdg
MT45
sjohn26148
surfinvet
Reznnate
pduffy
Charliew65
rviguet

Can we sneak on the list with some KFC gift cards?

#2278 4 years ago

Saw a bunch of posts to the topic so I dropped in to see what was going on... Now I'm just hungry...

#2279 4 years ago

Since I'm from Kentucky can I get moved up the list??

#2280 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Up next:
rrosenhouse
Teknotoyz <===== YAY!!!!!!!
knightgdg
MT45
sjohn26148
surfinvet
Reznnate
pduffy
Charliew65
rviguet

Getting Excited!!!!
The witch will have company soon!

CAB8E17E-B346-404A-8EA7-8AABEBBA145B (resized).jpegCAB8E17E-B346-404A-8EA7-8AABEBBA145B (resized).jpeg
#2281 4 years ago

She will indeed! This week it’ll be done. Nice looking machine by the way. I’m honored.

#2282 4 years ago

The monkey machine is in full operation.

IMG_5035 (resized).JPGIMG_5035 (resized).JPG
#2283 4 years ago

I'm getting somewhat better at this whole assembly line thing.

Next up:

victor
gardo
mountaingamer
1quartershort
FlippyD
Vyzer2
dmj1977
Parker09
kidchrisso
tomypin

IMG_5025 (resized).JPGIMG_5025 (resized).JPG
#2284 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Next up:
victor
gardo
mountaingamer
1quartershort
FlippyD
Vyzer2
dmj1977
Parker09
kidchrisso
tomypin[quoted image]

I'm surprised you aren't using three templates and acrylic spray paint. Could really speed up the painting.

#2285 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm surprised you aren't using three templates and acrylic spray paint. Could really speed up the painting.

SShhhhhhhhhhh.....leave him alone while he is making Monkeys......................
(Signed: Those of us at the bottom of the list!)

#2286 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Next up:
victor
gardo
mountaingamer
1quartershort
FlippyD
Vyzer2
dmj1977
Parker09
kidchrisso
tomypin[quoted image]

Finally!!! Just waiting on your PM

#2287 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

The monkey machine is in full operation.

You don't have time for such foolishness. You got chicken to make!

#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought of that a while ago. Truth is, those three steps are pretty easy and it's the only time I can be fairly sloppy. That's why I do it while the other monkeys are drying. With templates I'd also have to airbrush those colors because almost all of the paint I'm using is a custom mix of neon and regular acrylic, so simply hand-painting ten at a time doesn't take that long. The detailing of the face and coat and spring balancing the wings are the really time-consuming steps.

#2289 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

You don't have time for such foolishness. You got chicken to make!

I do! I do! In fact, you're just the person to ask. How do you make El Pollo Rico chicken? I had it in Arlington years ago and it was AWESOME!

#2290 4 years ago

Finally!!! I’m doing the chicken dance!!!

#2291 4 years ago

Im doing the chicken dance, how do I get on the list? Can someone sell me their spot?
Please PM me
Thanks

#2292 4 years ago

Just got my monkey installed!

It's amazing! Really adds to the game.

What was a colored blot on a piece of plastic is now a functioning meaningful part of the game.

It took me 25 mins to install, could have done it in 10. Its super easy. I have an ECLEWOZ with back ally walls.

Tons of room for the monkey and the door spacer.

Did have to put a bend in the wire guide as shown, about 1/16" for the screwhead to clear.

I wedged a big flat blade screwdriver between the door post and the guide to put a little bend in a couple areas.

Or use pliers and a rag as shown in the instructional video. You only have to bend it a little until the door swings freely.

I recommend a brand new high quality #2 screwdriver to remove the door screws, you need it to fit tightly into the screwheads and apply some pressure.

Pinballgoddess laughed and smiled, she loves it.

Worth every penny.

#2293 4 years ago

Cant wait for the color changing horse mod that changes as you hit the colored switches. Lol

#2294 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Just got my monkey installed!
It's amazing! Really adds to the game.
What was a colored blot on a piece of plastic is now a functioning meaningful part of the game.
It took me 25 mins to install, could have done it in 10. Its super easy. I have an ECLEWOZ with back ally walls.
Tons of room for the monkey and the door spacer.
Did have to put a bend in the wire guide as shown, about 1/16" for the screwhead to clear.
I wedged a big flat blade screwdriver between the door post and the guide to put a little bend in a couple areas.
Or use pliers and a rag as shown in the instructional video. You only have to bend it a little until the door swings freely.
I recommend a brand new high quality #2 screwdriver to remove the door screws, you need it to fit tightly into the screwheads and apply some pressure.
pinballgoddess laughed and smiled, she loves it.
Worth every penny.

Fantastic! Thanks for the nice review and I'm so glad you like it. Good advice regarding the screwdriver as well. I think those door screws are going to be pretty tight on most games, and you definitely don't want to strip them.

And if I can make Pinballgoddess laugh and smile, then it's all worth it.

#2295 4 years ago

One more thing regarding installation that I failed to mention in the video. The monkey will be slightly crooked when you get it. It's meant to "clamp" the magnet when you finally screw it down so it fits as tightly as possible. But if you're nervous about screwing it down because you think you might break it, or it happens to be really cold in your basement or wherever, simply hit it with a hair dryer for a few seconds to warm up the plastic and it'll bend a lot easier.

IMG_5044 (resized).JPGIMG_5044 (resized).JPG
#2296 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

One more thing regarding installation that I failed to mention in the video. The monkey will be slightly crooked when you get it. It's meant to "clamp" the magnet when you finally screw it down so it fits as tightly as possible. But if you're nervous about screwing it down because you think you might break it, or it happens to be really cold in your basement or wherever, simply hit it with a hair dryer for a few seconds to warm up the plastic and it'll bend a lot easier.[quoted image]

I saw this, and just smashed it onto the magnet bracket firmly until the screw holes lined up.

It was not an issue but worth noting in case it throws off the installer, thanks!

#2297 4 years ago

Yeah. That's pretty much what you're supposed to do. I'm just trying to cover every possible problem for future installations. I've re-edited the instructional video about four times already based on people's experiences.

#2298 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Yeah. That's pretty much what you're supposed to do. I'm just trying to cover every possible problem for future installations. I've re-edited the instructional video about four times already based on people's experiences.

Can you repost the video install link?

#2299 4 years ago

It’s not posted anywhere. I’ll PM you the link when your monkey’s ready.

#2300 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

It’s not posted anywhere. I’ll PM you the link when your monkey’s ready.

I really hope you can make at least 10 more after the end of the official list. I believe I'm number 9 on the waiting list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Wanted
Wanted
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
There are 6,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.