(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Red Smoke and Witch Mod (out of production)/Monkey Mod (List closed)

By gouveia

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,280 posts
  • 383 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Teknotoyz
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 236 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CAB8E17E-B346-404A-8EA7-8AABEBBA145B (resized).jpeg
IMG_5006 (resized).jpg
IMG_1016 (resized).jpg
IMG_1229 (resized).jpeg
CB6A1AE8-9577-4468-812E-C213FE26ACD6 (resized).jpeg
3B0BA32D-7D52-4569-BB7E-0FC58F121582 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4928 (resized).JPG
0526191758a (resized).jpg
IMG_4846 (resized).JPG
0516191219 (resized).jpg
315DFA1D-CDCE-4E41-8AA6-0DAA01C4926E (resized).jpeg
F2C247E9-7B91-4C5C-B135-AD76A42085F3 (resized).jpeg
hourglass.gif
6862C7F9-626F-4C2B-9B15-EBCD60F9FC8A (resized).jpeg
F8B44E75-BE4E-4CAF-9696-0333C3C1FEDA (resized).jpeg
0944B3A3-68FF-440E-9B6C-76D15EC5713E (resized).jpeg

There are 2280 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 46.
#2151 43 days ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

If anyone is looking to get out of their spot send me a PM as I would love to take it.
Thanks.

you and about 100 other people on this thread haha

#2152 43 days ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

If anyone is looking to get out of their spot send me a PM as I would love to take it.
Thanks.

Should go to those on the waiting list first.

#2153 43 days ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Another poor soul here . . . I won’t buy a WOZ unless I can get both the witch and monkey mod.

If I run across it again I'll let you know, but I'm pretty sure somewhere in the US there is one on CL (a RR) with both mods OR actually I think he has the smoke mod and a place in line for the monkey. Use searchtempest.com and do the whole US and you can find it, if it's still out there.

#2154 43 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

If I run across it again I'll let you know, but I'm pretty sure somewhere in the US there is one on CL (a RR) with both mods OR actually I think he has the smoke mod and a place in line for the monkey. Use searchtempest.com and do the whole US and you can find it, if it's still out there.

Thanks!

#2156 43 days ago

Well, up for anyone else. RR with both mods, get it while you can: denver.craigslist.org link

#2157 42 days ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am in like the last 7 and patiently waiting. My only gripe is I should have bought 2, but I figured I would try one first before ordering one for the office pin. Oh well, one monkey is better than no monkey......lol

I'm only one above you near the bottom! Patience!

#2158 41 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Indeed. I’m pretty busy at work right now so the monkey business is slower than I want it to be, but that lightens up at the end of this month. I’ll have lots of time soon to focus entirely on getting these little guys out to all of you.

#2159 41 days ago
Quoted from gouveia:

monkey business

Monkey business = newlyweds

I rest my case...

Take your time lol

#2160 41 days ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Oh, I have patience....I wasn't whining about the delivery time....I was kicking myself for not buying two. OP can take until next year for all I care, my game is not going anywhere. Just something to look forward to at some point.

#2161 40 days ago

Well... the seller of the RR that has both mods will part them out for $1k total. LOL. Steve, you're doing god's work.

#2162 39 days ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Definitely a great addition to any WOZ game. Only speculating, but I could see JJP adding something similar to the WOZ - "Yellow Brick Road" machine that will be coming out soon.

hmmm...looks like that won't happen....

1 week later
#2163 31 days ago

Finally got my WOZ out of storage... got the monkey installed. Looks great! As steve pointed out, the wings move less than the original video... but awesome none the less.

My request: Steve can you make a mod that replaces the thatched hut that covers the ball lock mech in the upper right playfield? Something molded that’s similar but hand crafted. First dibs called... happy to be a prototype tester!

315DFA1D-CDCE-4E41-8AA6-0DAA01C4926E (resized).jpegF2C247E9-7B91-4C5C-B135-AD76A42085F3 (resized).jpeg

#2164 31 days ago

If anyone does not want their monkey mod in line spot please PM me, I need it
Thanks

#2165 31 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Finally got my WOZ out of storage... got the monkey installed. Looks great! As steve pointed out, the wings move less than the original video... but awesome none the less.
My request: Steve can you make a mod that replaces the thatched hut that covers the ball lock mech in the upper right playfield? Something molded that’s similar but hand crafted. First dibs called... happy to be a prototype tester!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Someone was working on that and/or made them at some point. I think it was backalleycreations (the guy from JJP who made the RR mods) but I could be wrong. I know I saw a molded version somewhere. A little flap that goes on the ball lock/release that matches could be cool too.

#2166 31 days ago

I wasn't kidding when I said I bought another WOZ just to get the smoke mod.

WOZ #2

0516191219 (resized).jpg
#2167 31 days ago

whats up with the right side of cabinet decal?

#2168 31 days ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

whats up with the right side of cabinet decal?

SSSHHHHHH... it's peeling away in a small section. I've been debating what adhesive to use. Someone suggested a hair dryer might activate the adhesive again. I am thinking 2-part epoxy. I don't think any sort of cyanoacrylate will be "thick" enough to make a good seal on surfaces that aren't a perfect mate. Someone also said wood glue, but that seems too basic. Suggestions?

#2169 31 days ago

Someone was working on that and/or made them at some point. I think it was backalleycreations (the guy from JJP who made the RR mods) but I could be wrong. I know I saw a molded version somewhere. A little flap that goes on the ball lock/release that matches could be cool too.

I don’t think it was BAC... because I bought a standard to get the silver habitrails (and bought the BAC molded pieces). That hit mod wasn’t offered.

#2170 31 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If anyone does not want their monkey mod in line spot please PM me, I need it
Thanks

Shouldn't it go to the person next in line on the waiting list?

#2171 31 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

Shouldn't it go to the person next in line on the waiting list?

We breached this topic before. I suppose it is entirely up to Steve but I don't see why a person wouldn't be able to give their spot away. It'd be akin to just buying the mod and then selling it, same result. I would expect the waiting list to be something that would be fulfilled if Steve decides to produce more than he said originally. My $.02.

#2172 31 days ago

We breached this topic before. I suppose it is entirely up to Steve but I don't see why a person wouldn't be able to give their spot away. It'd be akin to just buying the mod and then selling it, same result. I would expect the waiting list to be something that would be fulfilled if Steve decides to produce more than he said originally. My $.02.

My .02 is that if a person in line hasn't paid for it AND no longer wants it, it should go to someone who has been waiting longer than the guy who just found out about it and wants to cut in line.

#2173 31 days ago

SSSHHHHHH... it's peeling away in a small section.

Hmmm... mine is doing the exact same thing in that same spot.

#2174 31 days ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Hmmm... mine is doing the exact same thing in that same spot.

Ahhhhhh jjp.

#2175 31 days ago

Deleted

#2176 31 days ago

SSSHHHHHH... it's peeling away in a small section. I've been debating what adhesive to use. Someone suggested a hair dryer might activate the adhesive again. I am thinking 2-part epoxy. I don't think any sort of cyanoacrylate will be "thick" enough to make a good seal on surfaces that aren't a perfect mate. Someone also said wood glue, but that seems too basic. Suggestions?

I have used spray glue for this. With the stuff I use you can spray both sides, wait ten minutes and then apply and it will hold forever.

#2177 31 days ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I have used spray glue for this. With the stuff I use you can spray both sides, wait ten minutes and then apply and it will hold forever.

I don't see how I'd get the glue in there. It's a "ripple" that isn't extending to the end so I don't want to pull it back if I don't have to. I'll investigate and see if it will easily yield.

#2178 30 days ago

I don't see how I'd get the glue in there. It's a "ripple" that isn't extending to the end so I don't want to pull it back if I don't have to. I'll investigate and see if it will easily yield.

Remove button and siderail.

Slowly and Carefully peel back the loose area with a thin putty knife.

Mask everything off. Top, bottom, sides, outside. All of it.

3m 77 spray adhesive sprayed lightly.

Wait for it to dry a bit roll the area back down with a brayer.

Clean off excess with naptha

Retape on the siderail

#2179 30 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Remove button and siderail.
Slowly and Carefully peel back the loose area with a thin putty knife.
Mask everything off. Top, bottom, sides, outside. All of it.
3m 77 spray adhesive sprayed lightly.
Wait for it to dry a bit roll the area back down with a brayer.
Clean off excess with naptha
Retape on the siderail

The issue seemed to be the side rail pushing the radcal down. I tucked it back under and it's flush. If it comes out again I'll do that. Thanks.

#2180 30 days ago

The issue seemed to be the side rail pushing the radcal down. I tucked it back under and it's flush. If it comes out again I'll do that. Thanks.

Radcals are barely glued on.
They sorta float.
They are designed to be removable and replaced easily.

You did th he right thing, just push it under the siderail and call it good.

If it becomes a problem, a fix it with a lightweight glue like contact cement in a couple places like near the edges.

It's a $400 factory option. They look great.

#2181 27 days ago

Has anyone made their own additional lighting for the red flame? I saw some sellers but I am wiring up my own lighting mods now and wondered what others had done. I have some RGB strip lighting that I can easily stuff in there if that is what is used commonly, I wasn't sure where the hookup was made. I know the tiny LED lights in there have flat black ribbon cables so it's not a basic splice. Are those lights 12v like the spots?

#2183 26 days ago

Hey everyone! It's a good time to update you all before this thread goes off the rails.

I've been unexpectedly busy working on things that aren't pinside related, unfortunately. So I've been moving forward with the monkeys by making lots of parts, gluing springs and essentially doing things that I can walk away from as they dry or harden, etc.

The good news is that beginning next week, I will have a LOT more free time to focus solely on monkeys, monkeys, and more MONKEYS!

Patience. Your monkey is coming...

IMG_4846 (resized).JPG
#2184 23 days ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Patience. Your monkey is coming...

Yay!

#2185 22 days ago

I finally got around to installing my witch mod... A long time coming for a five minute task.
Looking forward to the monkey mod!(I promise I'll install it quicker this time)
Your mods are top notch! It fits the look of the game so perfectly.

#2186 22 days ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I finally got around to installing my witch mod... A long time coming for a five minute task.
Looking forward to the monkey mod!(I promise I'll install it quicker this time)
Your mods are top notch! It fits the look of the game so perfectly.

How... in... the...? How long have you been sitting on that?!

On another note, I got to messing with the RR that has the witch mod which I just bought and man, that is a QUALITY piece of kit. Really nice craftsmanship.

#2187 22 days ago

like 17 months according to the email letting me know it was ready to ship...
But to be fair we were in the process of buying a house and packing ours up. So it's been pretty crazy for a while.
I've just recently got all my pins set up again.

#2188 22 days ago

I get excited just looking at it.

0526191758a (resized).jpg
#2189 21 days ago

Someone suggested a hair dryer might activate the adhesive again.

RapidTac is supposed to reactivate adhesive (just learned about it for wet applying decals). Not sure about a case where it didn’t properly adhere to start with tho.

#2190 17 days ago

Wondering if someone could give update on who on the list is next to get the monkey mod?

#2191 17 days ago

Sadly I am selling my WOZ :-/ I’m way over my limit for machines and it was a hard choice but it’s gotta go. I’m thinking to pull my witch and monkey mod and sell them to someone who will appreciate them.

#2192 17 days ago

PM Sent

#2193 17 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Sadly I am selling my WOZ :-/ I’m way over my limit for machines and it was a hard choice but it’s gotta go. I’m thinking to pull my witch and monkey mod and sell them to someone who will appreciate them.

Sorry to hear that....

#2194 17 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Isn't it better to leave them in game for the sale? Makes selling game more attractive.

#2195 16 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Isn't it better to leave them in game for the sale? Makes selling game more attractive.

I tired that for a while, but wasn’t getting any hits on the game. Then I lowered the price at a level I’d be willing to sell without the mods and got hits right away. So I think pulling them and letting someone who appreciates their beauty buy them is a better route.

#2196 16 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I tired that for a while, but wasn’t getting any hits on the game. Then I lowered the price at a level I’d be willing to sell without the mods and got hits right away. So I think pulling them and letting someone who appreciates their beauty buy them is a better route.

Are you the guy I emailed off CL a while back who wouldn't sell them to me because I was not in CO? Still interested.

#2197 16 days ago
Quoted from merccat:

RapidTac is supposed to reactivate adhesive (just learned about it for wet applying decals). Not sure about a case where it didn’t properly adhere to start with tho.

RapidTac what? Looks like that is more of a brand than a product.

#2198 16 days ago

RapidTac what? Looks like that is more of a brand than a product.

Application Fluid. Yeah, they have expanded into a brand but the application fluid is what got them started.

#2199 16 days ago

WackyBrakke I pmd you

#2200 16 days ago
Quoted from pcpskate:

WackyBrakke I pmd you

As did I, yesterday 2 hours after your post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Benicia, CA
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11,500.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 16.95
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 2280 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 46.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside