(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,605 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 133.
#2101 5 years ago

When should I expect my Witch mod to arrive? I think I was number 5 on the list

#2102 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Sounds good to me!

I only started doing this because I saw things that I thought could look better on my WOZ.

Really? You mean you didn't like that stock "wicked witch trapped inside a bong" look? Hmm. Interesting!

#2103 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Really? You mean you didn't like that stock "wicked witch trapped inside a bong" look? Hmm. Interesting!

LOL. I am unsure what the plastic tube is really supposed to be.

#2104 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

LOL. I am unsure what the plastic tube is really supposed to be.

Aquarium, terrarium, who knows what they were thinking...

#2105 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Aquarium, terrarium, who knows what they were thinking...

Wonkavator.......

#2106 5 years ago

The tube is just a way to prevent the ball from being launched into the witch well, necessitating glass removal for retrieval. Then decorated to make it look like part of the forest for effect.

#2107 5 years ago

Does everyone remember this?

0944B3A3-68FF-440E-9B6C-76D15EC5713E (resized).jpeg0944B3A3-68FF-440E-9B6C-76D15EC5713E (resized).jpegF8B44E75-BE4E-4CAF-9696-0333C3C1FEDA (resized).jpegF8B44E75-BE4E-4CAF-9696-0333C3C1FEDA (resized).jpeg
#2108 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The tube is just a way to prevent the ball from being launched into the witch well, necessitating glass removal for retrieval. Then decorated to make it look like part of the forest for effect.

Seems so out of place. I've had mine off for a while and never had the ball stuck there. I ordered the Modfather witch walls and for some reason (even after two different sets) they won't fit on my game. Not sure if something changed in later games, but my early SE (#146 or something) doesn't have the same amount of room between the witch and the castle playfield. Everything is off by enough that the wall doesn't fit around the witch properly (it's off center) and the back wall doesn't have enough room to let the witch up.

Either way it looks much better with it off. I wish I could get my hands on a gouvea witch mod. Might just end up trying to make something myself.

#2109 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Does everyone remember this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that the original witch?

#2112 5 years ago

Thank god that wasnt the final design.

#2113 5 years ago

And they settled on the “witch in a bong”?

#2114 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

And they settled on the “witch in a bong”?

Well, SOME of us would replace that if SOME of us would make more mods

#2115 5 years ago

I will do my best. I am currently pre-occupied with painting lots of tiny little uniforms.

#2116 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I will do my best. I am currently pre-occupied with painting lots of tiny little uniforms.

Heh, yes.. all in jest. Many bows down to your fantastic product and witty repartee.

#2117 5 years ago

Hello - PM you for me to get on monkey list if that is still possible - Thanks again - Great Job - I love my witch mod for this game

#2118 5 years ago

Are you still making witch smoke mod? Thanks Bruce

#2119 5 years ago
Quoted from Bodyman2111:

Are you still making witch smoke mod? Thanks Bruce

Out of production in title of thread.

Quoted from RichieWrench:

Hello - PM you for me to get on monkey list if that is still possible - Thanks again - Great Job - I love my witch mod for this game

List closed in title of thread. Maybe a few will back out when emailed.

Good luck guys.

#2120 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Keep those little guys coming!

#2121 5 years ago

Hi Steve, I am way too late, but enjoying the Witch mod very much so if you ever make enough monkeys you can add me to the waiting list. The Witch is feeling lonely now she has seen her little friend

#2122 5 years ago

Sorry guys. No witches. No more monkeys. I’m working on the list on page 35 (#1713). That’s my main objective before I even think of making more of anything.

6862C7F9-626F-4C2B-9B15-EBCD60F9FC8A (resized).jpeg6862C7F9-626F-4C2B-9B15-EBCD60F9FC8A (resized).jpeg
#2123 4 years ago

Thanks gouveia - I know you're not looking at making any more and there's a bunch in front of me anyway, but just in case a few people pull out and you have a few monkey spares - I'd love to buy one. Thanks.

#2124 4 years ago

In for a monkey?

#2125 4 years ago

LOL... gouvea: "guys, no more monkeys or witches"

Pinside: "put me on the list!"

#2126 4 years ago

Put me down for two then.

#2127 4 years ago

Yeah but to be fair he did state a few posts back that he would be making more. So I dunno. Perhaps, he should post the final list then ask a mod to lock the thread.

Also, people are impatient.

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Yeah but to be fair he did state a few posts back that he would be making more. So I dunno. Perhaps, he should post the final list then ask a mod to lock the thread.
Also, people are impatient.

There are enough on the waiting list to cover the production if pretty much everyone on the original order list backs out. I cant imagine anyone is keeping track anyway.....if there is ever a new bunch, I am sure there will be another thread.

#2129 4 years ago

Since Steve literally has a barrel of monkeys...?

I imagine the fun is overrated...

#2130 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Since Steve literally has a barrel of monkeys...?
I imagine the fun is overrated...

Oh there's no fun in it. It's mostly work. Rewarding is a much better word. It was a huge challenge to make this mod. And now it's a huge challenge to essentially mass produce it. But every time I make one look like the one before it (and the one before that ), it's INCREDIBLY rewarding. That's my favorite part.

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Oh there's no fun in it. It's mostly work. Rewarding is a much better word. It was a huge challenge to make this mod. And now it's a huge challenge to essentially mass produce it. But every time I make one look like the one before it (and the one before that ), it's INCREDIBLY rewarding. That's my favorite part.

Still waiting for a renovation to be done so I can unpack my game and install it... out of box, though, the mod looks great. You've made one of the cooler ball lock mechs EVEN cooler!!

#2132 4 years ago

I STILL say this was the mod of the year.....I don't care what anyone says. Any time you can come up with something like this that has people begging you to make more, says a lot about the quality of the product.

#2133 4 years ago

Thanks man!(imal)

#2134 4 years ago

Seriously.

Just watch this:

It's pretty much mind-blowing that you actually were able to coax all of that out of such a small space!! It's incredible.

Question: eventually the springs will stop performing as intended. No? Maybe I'm wrong. But... if they do, is there a way to replace?

#2135 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Seriously.
Just watch this:

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Seriously.
Just watch this:
It's pretty much mind-blowing that you actually were able to coax all of that out of such a small space!! It's incredible.
Question: eventually the springs will stop performing as intended. No? Maybe I'm wrong. But... if they do, is there a way to replace?

Holy $#*@.

The fact that I missed this might be the most depressing thing that has happened to me in pinball.

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Holy $#*@.
The fact that I missed this might be the most depressing thing that has happened to me in pinball.

Hey... someone might sell their spot! You never know!

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What 3-4 months in w/monkey and springs on wings. No, they will last years and years. The movement changes sometimes, but wings are always flappen. The monkey screw mech in back is pretty much whats making them move.
10 years from now, id say it will still be flappen, they should never take an impact.

#2139 4 years ago

Howdy! Just wanted to say how happy I am with my years old witch mod. It's what JJP SHOULD have done. Whomever came up with this mod - A BIG thanks!!!

#2140 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Seriously.
Just watch this:

Okay, seeing someone else's monkey in action has me wondering what is up with mine. I was 2nd on the list so got an early one, but I am sure they are all the same. Mine installed, the wings have some movement, but barely. They move just enough that you can tell they are not fixed wings. But those wings actually flap and that is how I would imagine they should work! I wonder what is up with my monkey and his barely moving wings? Even if I flick my monkey's wings, they don't flap anywhere near that much! Its almost as if mine came with stiffer springs that yours. More than likely though, there is something with my install that is limiting movement maybe? Now I need to check it out... I just settled on mine and figured they only moved a tiny bit.

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Seriously.
Just watch this:

Thanks! Good question. I haven't had the mod long enough to see what happens over time. That being said, I think they'll keep working pretty well as long as they don't catch on anything. They're not really compressing, which is what I've read wears out most springs. They're just sort of hanging at an upward angle. Plus, they're really short. Replacing them would be pretty difficult, unfortunately, because they sit at a fixed angle and are a certain tension that balances out the weight of the wings. So keep them clear of everything and hopefully that won't be an issue.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

Howdy! Just wanted to say how happy I am with my years old witch mod. It's what JJP SHOULD have done. Whomever came up with this mod - A BIG thanks!!!

Howdy pardner! That would be me. I'm really glad you like it. A BIG thanks back to you for sharing your thoughts.-Steve

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Okay, seeing someone else's monkey in action has me wondering what is up with mine. I was 2nd on the list so got an early one, but I am sure they are all the same. Mine installed, the wings have some movement, but barely. They move just enough that you can tell they are not fixed wings. But those wings actually flap and that is how I would imagine they should work! I wonder what is up with my monkey and his barely moving wings? Even if I flick my monkey's wings, they don't flap anywhere near that much! Its almost as if mine came with stiffer springs that yours. More than likely though, there is something with my install that is limiting movement maybe? Now I need to check it out... I just settled on mine and figured they only moved a tiny bit.

That video is a little misleading. That's Ryan's video from H2H Pinball from months ago, and that monkey was a prototype. Yes, the wings bounced a lot, but they kinda bounced TOO much and were getting caught on the door when the monkey came back up. So they don't move quite that crazy now. I had to find a happy medium because I didn't want to deal with a bunch of broken or bent springs. Plus, it looks like Ryan is shaking the game or something, because nothing will make them flap like that on the way down except maybe an earthquake.
I would first check to see how well your monkey mech moves up and down. Mine was pretty slow compared to Ryan's, so I cleaned it up and put new white lithium grease on it (the WD-40 version is awesome). The faster it is, the better the wings will look. Now it works great and the wings flap really well. Also make sure the mech clears the cutout in the backboard smoothly, because any little bump back there will kill the motion--kinda like two kids on a trampoline. I certainly don't want you to "settle" though, and I am making these by hand so anything can happen. Shoot me a PM if things aren't working and I'll gladly help you out.

#2142 4 years ago

Ah, okay.. That makes sense. And I have recently greased my monkey (that doesn't sound right...) and it doesn't move as fast as the one in that video, but it moves smooth. And the word "settled" was probably not the correct word to use. The monkey itself is a work of art and amazing to see every time it comes out. The wings move enough, just not enough to look like they are flapping. But as you mentioned, the crazy flapping in the video could/would cause problems after time. I am completely happy with my little monkey (phrasing...) and was not complaining in any way. Just seeing it compared to the one in that video, I was pointing out that mine doesn't perform the same way (there we go again...). But Im sure my monkey performs just like everyone elses!

#2143 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Ah, okay.. That makes sense. And I have recently greased my monkey (that doesn't sound right...) and it doesn't move as fast as the one in that video, but it moves smooth. And the word "settled" was probably not the correct word to use. The monkey itself is a work of art and amazing to see every time it comes out. The wings move enough, just not enough to look like they are flapping. But as you mentioned, the crazy flapping in the video could/would cause problems after time. I am completely happy with my little monkey (phrasing...) and was not complaining in any way. Just seeing it compared to the one in that video, I was pointing out that mine doesn't perform the same way (there we go again...). But Im sure my monkey performs just like everyone elses!

I'm sure your little monkey is just as good as everyone else's monkey no matter how little you flap it or how greased up it is. Enjoy the gentle motion, sit back and relax while your monkey does the work.

#2144 4 years ago

Fingers crossed that I’m in the next batch!!!
Thanks Steve for all the great mods!

#2145 4 years ago
Quoted from Teknotoyz:

Fingers crossed that I’m in the next batch!!!

hourglass.gifhourglass.gif

Do you see that? That's how much longer you have to wait! And it isn't long, my pretty!

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

[quoted image]
Do you see that? That's how much longer you have to wait! And it isn't long, my pretty!

I am in like the last 7 and patiently waiting. My only gripe is I should have bought 2, but I figured I would try one first before ordering one for the office pin. Oh well, one monkey is better than no monkey......lol

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I am in like the last 7 and patiently waiting.

The cool thing though is that you'll have one.

Steve has set the bar very high for himself. Not sure how he's going to top this creation. Whatever it is, I'm going to get on the list for it. Even if I don't have the machine to put it in.

#2148 4 years ago

He can top it by making more for the poor souls who missed out. Nothing has confirmed my FOMO than this dang thread! I had to buy a whole other WOZ to get a witch mod! (No, I'm not kidding. I think I win most spent on the mod)

#2149 4 years ago

Another poor soul here . . . I won’t buy a WOZ unless I can get both the witch and monkey mod.

#2150 4 years ago

If anyone is looking to get out of their spot send me a PM as I would love to take it.

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

13,000 (OBO)
$ 91.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/43?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.