(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,605 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 133.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Thanks for the video. The mod looks really great!!
One small request though...for the love of god please stop recording in vertical mode.....just record in Horizontal (landscape) mode!!

I agree, wholeheartedly. I usually do but it was a last minute decision to film it.

On that note, you know what else would be great? You learning how to spell the word "would".

#102 7 years ago

Wonderful idea and even better execution on your WOZ witch red smoke mod. I'll bet orders roll in for many years.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wonderful idea and even better execution on your WOZ witch red smoke mod. I'll bet orders roll in for many years.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

#104 7 years ago

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post an update. I've started a list of everyone who has PM'd me, as well as those of you who posted on the thread who want my mod. Right now, I have over 70 orders for the mod which means I will be spending a lot of time in my garage. But I'm happy people like it so much and I'm looking forward to getting them out to all of you.

The cost for both pieces together will be $200.00 + shipping. I'll set up a Paypal account to make it easy for everyone, and will post another update when you can place your order. I've received all supplies necessary and the (pin)ball is rolling. I will start molding the original forms this week, cleaning them up, painting, etc.

I've been spending the last few days troubleshooting the mod to make sure it's as foolproof as I can design it. I changed the form of the smoke slightly to protect her even more from the ball, but honestly, you'd have to do a Shaq free-throw to get it in there. I haven't had issues with it at all, but making so many more required me to be a little more analytical toward the design. I'll be posting my progress in the days to come. Thanks everyone!

Steve

#105 7 years ago

Thanks Steve!
$200 is a very fair price. No complaints.
You should already have me from thread list, I didn't pm you.
Eric

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thanks Steve!
$200 is a very fair price. No complaints.
You should already have me from thread list, I didn't pm you.
Eric

Got it, Eric. Thank you!
Steve

#107 7 years ago

PM sent in, in, in!!!....mark

#108 7 years ago

Hi Steve,

One of the best mods ever, it's awesome !
I'll be in for witch & smoke.

Thanks
Andreas

#109 7 years ago

Hey Steve, put me on the list for the smoke and witch.

Matt

#110 7 years ago

Production has officially begun. (What have I gotten myself into?--haha)

They're really looking great, though. I added a bit more detail to the smoke, and have gotten pretty proficient at making the same thing over and over...and over.

I think you guys will be very happy.

Steve

IMG_3130 (resized).jpgIMG_3130 (resized).jpg

IMG_3139 (resized).JPGIMG_3139 (resized).JPG

#111 7 years ago

How do I place my order?

#112 7 years ago

This mod looks to be a must have. Can't wait. Thanks Steve!

#113 7 years ago

Looking forward to it!

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

How do I place my order?

I've just started molding the pieces, but when I have enough to confidently proceed, I''l set up my PayPal account and we can go from there.

Glad you like it.

Steve

#115 7 years ago

I would like to be put on the list if there is one. I would also like to say that this mod looks incredible and really finishes off WOZ. The witch tube is just terrible looking and the one thing that has always bothered me about WOZ. Thanks for making this.

#116 7 years ago

Thank you everyone for all of the nice comments. I really appreciate them.

Here's the progress report. I've made 40 smoke pieces so far, and I'm really happy with the way they're turning out. Unfortunately, I've been having trouble getting a good witch mold to work with. But I made a new one this morning, so hopefully this will be the one. Once I'm happy with that, I'll get the witch molded as well. In terms of timeline, I'm anticipating another week or so before I can think about shipping them out. So for those of you hoping you'll have these before Christmas, I would say that's a really good possibility. Thanks again for your interest.

Steve

IMG_3195 (resized).JPGIMG_3195 (resized).JPG

IMG_3198 (resized).JPGIMG_3198 (resized).JPG

#117 7 years ago

Quality is more important than timeliness.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I agree, wholeheartedly. I usually do but it was a last minute decision to film it.
On that note, you know what else would be great? You learning how to spell the word "would".

I didn't make the meme just pulled it from google

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Quality is more important than timeliness.

I agree.

#122 7 years ago

Put me on the list...

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from taz16:

Put me on the list...

Will do. Thanks!

Steve

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Add me to the list please

Got it. Glad you like it.

Steve

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

GREAT looking mod.

Thank you!

#126 7 years ago

Simply spectacular!

#127 7 years ago

Just to clarify you are including a new witch with this correct?

Any thought of trying this with "sillyoldelf" new witch to see if it would work with your ring of smoke?

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Just to clarify you are including a new witch with this correct?
Any thought of trying this with "sillyoldelf" new witch to see if it would work with your ring of smoke?

Yes. Both pieces for 200.00. I love his witch but I don't have one to try out. I can assume it won't work, though, because the original witch won't fit in the space. I've configured it to be very specific to the witch I created.

Steve

#129 7 years ago

Dude! Just awesome. Can I get one?

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from JeremyON:

Dude! Just awesome. Can I get one?

Dude! (You're speaking my language. )

Thank you! Of course you can. I'll be posting more info regarding that soon.

Steve

#131 7 years ago

Hi Steve,

You bot a pm. thank you for this awesome mod

#132 7 years ago

I am making progress, everyone. Slowly but surely...

witches (resized).pngwitches (resized).png

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I am making progress, everyone. Slowly but surely...

Nice pic! One step closer!

#134 7 years ago

So...I hit a minor snag. The new witch mold wasn't making me happy, so I made another one. Unfortunately, now is not the time in San Diego to work with silicone rubber, because it takes FOREVER to cure with the current weather. FOREVER.

Good news is I now have the time to work on these things diligently to make sure I send out a mod that you'll like and that I'm proud of selling to you.

So now we play the waiting game...

Steve

silicone witch mold (resized).jpgsilicone witch mold (resized).jpg

#135 7 years ago

No worries Steve. Take your time. Looking forward to adding this mod to my machine!

#136 7 years ago

Take your time, my WOZ can wait and its not going anywhere.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

So...I hit a minor snag. The new witch mold wasn't making me happy, so I made another one. Unfortunately, now is not the time in San Diego to work with silicone rubber, because it takes FOREVER to cure with the current weather. FOREVER.
Good news is I now have the time to work on these things diligently to make sure I send out a mod that you'll like and that I'm proud of selling to you.
So now we play the waiting game...
Steve

Agreed...no worries...when you're happy w final product, I'm sure we will be!!!

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Unfortunately, now is not the time in San Diego to work with silicone rubber, because it takes FOREVER to cure with the current weather. FOREVER.
Steve

Another first I've encountered thanks to joining Pinside... someone that wasn't happy with San Diego weather.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Another first I've encountered thanks to joining Pinside... someone that wasn't happy with San Diego weather.

Touché, Minnesota.

#140 7 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We are in full production. (By that, I mean, I am in the garage a lot.) The molds are working great, but it's taking me a bit longer than expected. But I'm getting there.

Witches are coming...

Steve

witches (resized).jpgwitches (resized).jpg

#141 7 years ago

Amazing work! Happy Thanksgiving.
Go eat turkey!

#142 7 years ago

How is the painting coming along?

#143 7 years ago

Can you please add me to the list?

#144 7 years ago

Getting there. It's very time consuming, but I'm really happy with the way they're turning out.

Steve

witches group (resized).jpgwitches group (resized).jpg

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Getting there. It's very time consuming, but I'm really happy with the way they're turning out.
Steve

Very, very excited!!!

#146 7 years ago

I probably missed it....how does the smoke attach to the base?

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I probably missed it....how does the smoke attach to the base?

You didn't miss it. I forgot to explain that in the video. I use clear double stick tape (the real, heavy duty stuff used to attach GoPro's and things like that). It doesn't budge, and doesn't damage the machine. I'll attach some to the base when I send it out.

Cheers!

Steve

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

You didn't miss it. I forgot to explain that in the video. I use clear double stick tape (the real, heavy duty stuff used to attach GoPro's and things like that). It doesn't budge, and doesn't damage the machine. I'll attach some to the base when I send it out.
Cheers!
Steve

Excellent.....looking forward to this " finishing touch" to a beautiful machine...looks like it was meant to be there all along!!!

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Excellent.....looking forward to this " finishing touch" to a beautiful machine...looks like it was meant to be there all along!!!

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

I think the machine is beautiful too, and so I took a lot of time to make the mod look like it belongs. I'm glad you agree.

Steve

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I took a lot of time to make the mod look like it belongs.
Steve

It shows!!!.The witch coming up through the red smoke was integral in her entrance, and her new size appears to be scaled perfectly with the trees...very, very nice, and a hand made piece only furthers its elegance in the game...great stuff!!!!

Ps- 0 concerns of ball trap. I've got the well mod, and the ball never even comes close. It's position on the play field doesn't make it prone to air balls ( except in extreme multi ball scenarios). The smoke will get hit occasionally, however, but being made of resin, I anticipate 0 issues there as well . The "well" mod is foam and it's survived, although over time I could see a chunk coming off eventually. You've covered the bases!!!...mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

14,356 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/3?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.