(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,610 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WozCastleEdge-001 (resized).jpeg
Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 133.
#1801 5 years ago

Hmmm... I wonder what's inside the box?

20190109_133020.jpg20190109_133020.jpg
#1802 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

[quoted image]

Please more pictures of that winged monkey

#1803 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

[quoted image]

I knew it! Packing peanuts!

20190109_133812.jpg20190109_133812.jpg
#1804 5 years ago

So how many Monkeys have u sent out? Just wondering how many more until I get mine

#1805 5 years ago

STEVE'S INCREDIBLE FLYING MONKEY, now coming to a Wizard of Oz near you. What others are saying:

"That is creepy! Definite upgrade." - Wife

"Cool" - Could have been either my mom or dad (they share a phone)

"Nice and creepy looking. Much better." - Brother

"This is a f@%#ing... work of art." - Larry David

"Why hasn't JJP and Stern hired Steve already to make their toys?" - All of Pinside
20190109_135126.jpg20190109_135126.jpg20190109_134149.jpg20190109_134149.jpg20190109_135643.jpg20190109_135643.jpg20190109_135627.jpg20190109_135627.jpg20190109_134513.jpg20190109_134513.jpg

#1806 5 years ago

I am so impressed with these mods gouveia! I am new to pinside and just ordered my first pinball machine yesterday (new RR WOZ) and unfortunately late to the game on requesting either of these mods. I just finished reading all 37 pages of this thread (took me a few hours) but I finished! After reviewing, I can completely appreciate your talents and the amount of time these make. Congratulations on getting married, moving to a new place and the success of your work. I plan on keeping my WOZ machine for a very long time and hope that I am lucky enough to eventually get one or both of these mods for it. I will make sure to follow this thread and get on whatever your next list is.

Happy Ney Year, Clint

#1807 5 years ago

Hi Guys,

I want to share quick feedback about the installation. Extremely EASY to do. However, I had a tough time bending the wire guide to give clearance for the door. It's probably because I'm not as strong as Ryan.

Kidding aside, I'm not sure if my wire was tighter near the door because it was manufactured that way on ruby red version, but I recommend taking off the bracket behind the wire guide, as well as the second piece of the wall (which is installed with one wood screw on the back of the playfield). See pictures below.

Once I gave myself more room to maneuver, it was much easier to get more leverage without damaging the playfield.

20190109_232503.jpg20190109_232503.jpg20190109_233513.jpg20190109_233513.jpg20190109_233019.jpg20190109_233019.jpg
#1808 5 years ago

With the monkey officially installed, I thought I would post a GIF of the monkey in action, along with a few more pictures with both of Steve's amazing innovations in them.

Mod of the year, hands down.

Thanks Steve!

20190109_211030.jpg20190109_211030.jpgezgif.com-video-to-gif.gifezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif20190109_223355.jpg20190109_223355.jpg20190109_223338.jpg20190109_223338.jpg
#1809 5 years ago

That with the smoke mod looks awesome (especially on the RR)

#1810 5 years ago

Wow! Matt, you are a rockstar. Thanks for all the nice pictures and words-and a gif no less! I'm really glad you like it.

Regarding the wire guide, I think you have a good idea. Anything to make it easier is always a good idea. I'm just going to assume that it needs to be slightly bent out on most machines-it didn't on mine, so it was a surprise to me. For those of you who don't know what we're talking about, once the door shim is installed the door may bang into the wire guide (you can see the shim behind the door in the pictures above). This is because I needed as much room as I could to fit a toy in there, so the door sits out slightly farther than it did. You simply have to angle the guide away from the door with pliers and a rag (and we're talking millimeters here--if you see it bend you've gone WAY too far). It's much more self-explanatory once you see the install video.

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I am so impressed with these mods gouveia! I am new to pinside and just ordered my first pinball machine yesterday (new RR WOZ) and unfortunately late to the game on requesting either of these mods. I just finished reading all 37 pages of this thread (took me a few hours) but I finished! After reviewing, I can completely appreciate your talents and the amount of time these make. Congratulations on getting married, moving to a new place and the success of your work. I plan on keeping my WOZ machine for a very long time and hope that I am lucky enough to eventually get one or both of these mods for it. I will make sure to follow this thread and get on whatever your next list is.
Happy Ney Year, Clint

All thirty seven pages, Clint?!?!? My God! Thank you! And thanks so much for the message.

#1812 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So how many Monkeys have u sent out? Just wondering how many more until I get mine

Not many. But I am definitely picking up the pace now that I have most of the kinks worked out.

#1813 5 years ago

Stupid question, but with my monkey mod inbound, wouldn’t it be easier to just prop the door open a little further than stock using the wing guide? Then you could forgo the spacer?

#1814 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Not many. But I am definitely picking up the pace now that I have most of the kinks worked out.

Yeah! Get those done so we can get some more smoke

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Stupid question, but with my monkey mod inbound, wouldn’t it be easier to just prop the door open a little further than stock using the wing guide? Then you could forgo the spacer?

Not a stupid question at all. You'd have to prop it open at a fairly generous angle, though. I thought of that at first, but the spacer allows the door to remain flat, and also prevents it from hitting the right arm of the monkey. Trust me, it's far less concerning than it sounds. As you can see in the video, my wife Tricia could do it and you really don't need to bend it more than that. You may not even have to do it to make it work.

#1816 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yeah! Get those done so we can get some more smoke

I'll do my best.

#1817 5 years ago

I would like to be in the list.

#1818 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Wow! Matt, you are a rockstar. Thanks for all the nice pictures and words-and a gif no less! I'm really glad you like it.
Regarding the wire guide, I think you have a good idea. Anything to make it easier is always a good idea. I'm just going to assume that it needs to be slightly bent out on most machines-it didn't on mine, so it was a surprise to me. For those of you who don't know what we're talking about, once the door shim is installed the door may bang into the wire guide (you can see the shim behind the door in the pictures above). This is because I needed as much room as I could to fit a toy in there, so the door sits out slightly farther than it did. You simply have to angle the guide away from the door with pliers and a rag (and we're talking millimeters here--if you see it bend you've gone WAY too far). It's much more self-explanatory once you see the install video.

My pleasure Steve.

To everyone else who is getting the monkey mod, bend the wire guide only as necessary and start with Steve's recommendation.

As I mentioned, I had to bend mine a little more than recommended (see picture below for reference). However, it didn't affect the orbit shot in the upper playfield. It is still smooth as butter.

20190110_223606.jpg20190110_223606.jpg
#1819 5 years ago

And this is mine. So as you can tell, your mileage will vary.

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).pngdownload (1) (resized).pngdownload (1) (resized).png
#1820 5 years ago

I had to bend mine about 2mm, it is noticeable only if you look. My only concern is the monkey's shoulder is half a mm from the door. Don't know for sure if it's hitting but it's close.

#1821 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I had to bend mine about 2mm, it is noticeable only if you look. My only concern is the monkey's shoulder is half a mm from the door. Don't know for sure if it's hitting but it's close.

If it's really tight, I would add another washer to the one glued at the bottom of the spacer.

#1822 5 years ago

This is ridiculous. Why doesn't Jersey Jack just hire you already?!? You make amazing TOYS for their games...and their next game is literally called TOY STORY!!!

Get on this, Jack.

#1823 5 years ago

I have a RRWOZ and had to bend my wire a noticeable amount. Taking off the 2nd wall piece was key to my success and I used the rag and pliers method described by Gouveia in the video. FWIW my orbit shot was improved by making this adjustment.

And, to beat a dead monkey, I must say this mod is beautiful and a great addition to a great game.

Any thoughts on the trees, munchkin village and/or rainbow plastic ?

#1824 5 years ago

There's seems to be two directions the metal guide can be bent. I, and some other photos posted look like pliers were held vertically/perpendicular to the pf and rotated ccw. You can see a "bend" in the guide doing it this way. Steve's photos/video look more like the pliers were not rotated, just bent down towards around 7:30 angle. I think this leaves the guide looking straight still, but may loosen the grip the guide has in the wood a tiny bit. My door was VERY tight on the unbent guide so I might have actually done both.

I have the RR castle walls on my EC. My right edge wall seems to be so far back that I cannot install the included molded piece to keep the wings safe. When I had it taped into position, the monkey jammed up on it and couldn't move behind the castle. I wound up not putting it on and everything seems OK. Not sure what others have found?

#1825 5 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

There's seems to be two directions the metal guide can be bent. I, and some other photos posted look like pliers were held vertically/perpendicular to the pf and rotated ccw. You can see a "bend" in the guide doing it this way. Steve's photos/video look more like the pliers were not rotated, just bent down towards around 7:30 angle. I think this leaves the guide looking straight still, but may loosen the grip the guide has in the wood a tiny bit. My door was VERY tight on the unbent guide so I might have actually done both.
I have the RR castle walls on my EC. My right edge wall seems to be so far back that I cannot install the included molded piece to keep the wings safe. When I had it taped into position, the monkey jammed up on it and couldn't move behind the castle. I wound up not putting it on and everything seems OK. Not sure what others have found?

Yes. I would recommend bending it down near the front as shown in the video. I don't remember doing it, but it looks like I did?. Hmmm... Forgive me, t's been a looong process.

Also, the door diverter piece shouldn't be needed behind the BackAlley walls anymore. Originally I tried to make something for both sets of walls, but they both sit so differently and the vacuform ones are so flimsy that it just didn't work. I'm going to eventually ask everyone which walls you have so I know whether or not I should send that piece. I'm also installing the springs at a slightly higher angle, so hopefully having the wings hit the door isn't going to be an issue anymore. But I do really like the way the piece blends into the existing vacuform walls, since it completes the door and hides the right side of the monkey, so that's included if you have those walls. You can always remove it if you upgrade to the BackAlley ones.

#1826 5 years ago
Quoted from audihere:Not sure what others have found?

RRWOZ here:
I needed the piece that is installed on the door but not the protective piece to keep the wings in.

#1827 5 years ago

Hey everyone,
I'll be going to INDISC tomorrow. I'll be wearing a bulldog with sunglasses shirt (I realize I just had to plan my wardrobe), and more than likely hanging around games that suck (like Orbitor1 or Primus ), or finding out just how repetitive Sega's Godzilla is (I'm looking at you H2H). I may even "gasp"...enter the tournament.

I'd love to attach real names and faces to pinside people, so please feel free to say hello.

#1828 5 years ago

Hi
Please put me down for a monkey mod if you make more. It looks great! Thanks.

#1829 5 years ago

This forum depresses me because I just sold my WOZ. This would have been a definite purchase for me. Well done sir......Well Done!

#1830 5 years ago

I finally finished making new molds last night so I can keep assembling parts. I’ll get between thirty-five to fifty pieces from these (if I’m lucky), and then eventually they’ll wear down or break somewhere and I’ll have to do it all over again. These molds happened to turn out great, plus they have all the changes I was doing by hand. So I’m pretty happy about that. See you at INDISC.

D9A6098C-2CB4-4B5C-8DD6-3199CEED8CDB (resized).jpegD9A6098C-2CB4-4B5C-8DD6-3199CEED8CDB (resized).jpeg

#1831 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I finally finished making new molds for these parts last night so I can keep assembling parts. I’ll get between thirty-five to fifty pieces from these (if I’m lucky), and then eventually they’ll wear down or break somewhere and I’ll have to do it all over again. These molds happened to turn out great, plus they have all the changes I was doing by hand. So I’m pretty happy about that. See you at INDISC.
[quoted image]

Very cool to see the work!

#1832 5 years ago

Where can I find the install video?

#1833 5 years ago

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Where can I find the install video?

I send it out to you once your mod is ready.

#1835 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I send it out to you once your mod is ready.

Ah, thank you!

#1836 5 years ago

I will buy a monkey if there are enough by the time the waiting list makes it to me. Thanks!

#1837 5 years ago

Hi, I love the mod. Can I go on a waiting list please for the monkey mod? Kind regards from New Zealand

#1838 5 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I will buy a monkey if there are enough by the time the waiting list makes it to me. Thanks!

Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Hi, I love the mod. Can I go on a waiting list please for the monkey mod? Kind regards from New Zealand

I've had a lot of people personal message me about the waiting list for the mod. The best thing to do is post on the thread that you're interested. This mod takes a lot of time to make, so it's going to be a long process getting the list finished. Realistically speaking, I'd like to be done by June. I'm working on them every chance I get, so I'm hoping it's sooner. But they all have to look and work the same, and I'm going to make sure that they do before I sell them. So when I get to the end of the run and I have more available, I'm going to look at the thread and go down from there. Personal messages get lost unfortunately, so posting on the thread is your best bet. Thanks again for your interest.

#1839 5 years ago

Sure, add me to the list too

#1840 5 years ago

i saw my name was still on the list, and to let you know im still interested in it.

#1841 5 years ago

Please put me on the list for this amazing mod!
Thank you

#1842 5 years ago

Progress!

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#1843 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Progress!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I hope you are wearing a good quality mask when generating that dust. That looks like it would be nasty to have in your lungs.

#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope you are wearing a good quality mask when generating that dust. That looks like it would be nasty to have in your lungs.

Yes I am. And yes. It is a nasty mess.

#1845 5 years ago

Please add me to the list! What a great looking monkey!!

#1846 5 years ago

Looking for the witch and red smoke mod. If anyone has one they would sell pm me please. Willing to pay full retail. Would also be interested in the monkey mod. Thanx Tim

#1847 5 years ago
Quoted from Huntthehunter:

Looking for the witch and red smoke mod. If anyone has one they would sell pm me please. Willing to pay full retail. Would also be interested in the monkey mod. Thanx Tim

Get in line

#1848 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Waiting patiently and with great anticipation. I have my jacket and hat ready...

IMG_20190128_0849556 (resized).jpgIMG_20190128_0849556 (resized).jpgIMG_20190128_0851023 (resized).jpgIMG_20190128_0851023 (resized).jpg
#1849 5 years ago

That’s exactly the same outfit I wear when I make them.

#1850 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

That’s exactly the same outfit I wear when I make them.

Haha! I love it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

13,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,610 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/37?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.