(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,608 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by zermeno68
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WozCastleEdge-001 (resized).jpeg
Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,608 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 133.
#1551 5 years ago

Wow!

I truly didn't know how this would go, so it's pretty crazy seeing so many people sign up so soon. As of right now, the count is about 130. I'm stopping at 200, so everyone's covered so far if you signed up for one (or two, or three). I've already got a list of everyone so far (PM's included), so don't worry if I didn't write back to you directly. Thanks for all the nice comments as well.

In a few days I will let all of you know exactly what I'm doing, how the progress is going, how it's built, what it actually is, time frame for getting one, etc.

Thanks again! I really appreciate you guys liking my work, and I can't wait to get some monkeys out to you!
Steve

#1552 5 years ago

Put me down for one please. Thanks

#1553 5 years ago

I’m in, put me on the list... how much is this thing?

#1554 5 years ago

Steve,

Previous customer. Please add me to the Monkey list.

Thanks!

Phil

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m in, put me on the list... how much is this thing?

$279, I believe

#1556 5 years ago

I sent you a PM a few days ago but just jumping on here in case you didn't get it. I have your Witch and don't want to miss the Monkey! Keep up the great work!

#1557 5 years ago

I’m in for a monkey to add alongside my beautiful red smoke witch!! Please add me to the list!

#1558 5 years ago

PM sent add us to the list!

#1559 5 years ago

Hi Steve. Please add me to the list

Thank u

#1560 5 years ago

please add me - thanks ed

#1561 5 years ago

Steve- I purposely waited for the response and let everyone get a Monkey before asking for 2.
Called my mate in Australia yesterday and he would love a monkey to go with his witch.
Total of 2 for me if you can oblige.
Thank you.

#1562 5 years ago

Please add me to list. Thanks!

#1563 5 years ago

Please add me to the list for two! Thank you!

#1564 5 years ago

One is for my Ruby red and the other is for my future ECLE that I'll retrofit with 2.0 boards...

#1565 5 years ago

Hello - 1 Monkey Mod for me please !!

Completely missed out on the Red Smoke Witch - I just bought my NIB WOZ Ruby Red in April 2018. If you ever do another run I would love a smoke witch mod as well.

PS - Does anyone out there reading this thread have an extra Smoke Witch they would like to sell me? I would pay nicely for it

Thanks a lot !

#1566 5 years ago

I was in on your witch mod (got one of the last ones) and ill take this also. Add me to your long list... thanks for the great mods.

#1567 5 years ago

Hey put me down for a SECOND monkey. I want two (2) -- Thanks Dr. Jeff

#1568 5 years ago

Hi Steve, I am one of the early witch mod customers, and I have to tell you the Monkey is just brilliant! I would be in for one, except I have to slow down on my hobby investments, but I just wanted to tell you it is brilliant, just like the Witch!

#1569 5 years ago

Thanks, Carl!

#1570 5 years ago

Im in !

#1571 5 years ago

add me to the list please

#1572 5 years ago

Please put me in for one, Thanks Jeff

#1573 5 years ago

Hi Steve,
I am on the list for 2 monkeys. I was just thinking about the red smoke. I'm not sure which part of that mod was more time consuming for you, pouring the mold for the red smoke or creating and hand painting the witch? If creating just the red smoke is an easy pour into a mold, could you just make me just the red smoke?

I know you are not doing the whole mod at this time. Yet, if just making the smoke is easy for you, I would take just the red smoke part and use my current stock ugly witch with it , until such a date in the future should you decide to run the witches again.

Just a thought and figured I might as well ask. I just want to get rid of that stupid plastic tube in my WOZ.

#1574 5 years ago
Quoted from drjeff112:

I just want to get rid of that stupid plastic tube in my WOZ.

Modfather makes a great Witches Well that goes very nicely with the stock witch.
https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/woz/products/woz-witchs-well

#1575 5 years ago

Steve,

Please add me for a monkey mod as well.

Thanks
Mike

#1576 5 years ago

Hello, this Monkey Mod just sent me over the rainbow and back. I am in for sure. Please take my gold coins I got at the end of the rainbow upon return. Thank you, thank you! Also, I may have missed it in the thread here, but are you still making the witch and smoke mods for 2.0 fields? I would like one of those as well if possible. You will be taking my OZ to new levels friend!

#1577 5 years ago

I am officially spending a lot of time in the garage.

I wanted to get a head start on these so all of you don't have to wait too long, so I've been painting parts that I actually made before we moved. These little dudes are a lot more detailed than the witches, so there's a lot of small lines and facial features that I've been slowly getting better at painting over and over.

Regarding the list, if you asked for one after the list opened (Post #1444), you're good to go. I've got quite a lot of monkeys to make, so it's gonna take some time to get them out to all of you. I'll post the list soon, so if I missed you the first time you can correct me. And once again, I'm not taking any money until your monkey is ready. I'll then PM you with the payment details. I'll also post a video soon of the whole process, so you can see exactly what it takes to make this little monkey fly.

In the meantime, I'll be looking at the thread a lot more so feel free to write. And sorry, but I'm not making any more witches right now.

download (2) (resized).jpegdownload (2) (resized).jpeg
#1578 5 years ago

Please add me to the list. Thanks, Steve.

#1579 5 years ago

Please add me to the monkey list. I already have your amazing witch mod . Thanks.

#1580 5 years ago

Holy smokes, you have the whole monkey army! Those look incredible too, love the detail.

#1581 5 years ago

Thanks! Wait'll you see them under black light. It's too hard to photograph, but it takes them to a whole different level.

#1582 5 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

I’m in on the monkey. Put me on the list please.

Original post #1204.

Early adapter... maybe too early. Please, please put me on the list for the monkey.

Thanks.

#1583 5 years ago

Please add me to the monkey list, Steve. This looks amazing!

#1584 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

These little dudes are a lot more detailed than the witches, so ...

Wow! Nice work Steve! Looks good when you zoom in on the detail. That display reminds me of the Terracotta Soldiers.

terra-cotta-soldiers-631 (resized).jpgterra-cotta-soldiers-631 (resized).jpg
#1585 5 years ago

Please add me to the monkey list

#1586 5 years ago

Those look amazing! I can't wait. Trying to remember if there is already a black light back there, or if that is something I am going to need to add? Not that I am against adding one, I just cant remember if there is one back there already (not near my machine right now).

#1587 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Those look amazing! I can't wait. Trying to remember if there is already a black light back there, or if that is something I am going to need to add? Not that I am against adding one, I just cant remember if there is one back there already (not near my machine right now).

There no factory black light there but I think a blacklight led or two can be hidden pretty easily in that area.

#1588 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I believe he said in the podcast that the mod comes with a black light to install in the game in the area of the monkey.

#1589 5 years ago

The mod comes with black light. I'm including a short cable with three UV LEDs that plugs into the topper GI in the back of the game and sits hidden away above the monkey (you can see them hanging from my cabinet in the OPEN picture). That to me is just enough light to make him glow without lighting up the back of the game too much. (Yes. I like my WOZ dark. It think it looks like Oz at night.) Just one more thing I forced myself to learn to make the monkey really stand out.

#1590 5 years ago

Why Jack hasn't attempted to get these mods and put them in new production games is way beyond my brain power.

Pure genius!

#1591 5 years ago

I love and own your red smoke and witch mod, and definitely want a monkey mod too! Please add me to the list!!

#1592 5 years ago

Steve, that throng of monkeys looks incredible (and intimidating)!!! The wicked witch herself, would be thrilled to have that monkey horde at her disposal. Solid work...and very exciting!

#1593 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Why Jack hasn't attempted to get these mods and put them in new production games is way beyond my brain power.
Pure genius!

Perhaps with the rumored next edition? . Seriously though I would be really surprised to see these in a production game simply because Steve puts so much care and detail (time) into each one.

#1594 5 years ago

Hi Steve - Looks like I replied before the list started. (Post #1362) Please add me down for one of those wonderful monkeys.

#1595 5 years ago

Please add me for 1 monkey!!

Thank you, Kris

#1596 5 years ago

Steve, I bought your witch mod & love it. Please put me down for the monkey as well.

#1597 5 years ago

Please add me to the monkey list too!

Thanks!

#1598 5 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

The mod comes with black light. I'm including a short cable with three UV LEDs that plugs into the topper GI in the back of the game and sits hidden away above the monkey (you can see them hanging from my cabinet in the OPEN picture). That to me is just enough light to make him glow without lighting up the back of the game too much. (Yes. I like my WOZ dark. It think it looks like Oz at night.) Just one more thing I forced myself to learn to make the monkey really stand out.

Very, very excited for this!!!

#1599 5 years ago
download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg
#1600 5 years ago

wow111

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 16.95
$ 24.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

There are 6,608 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/32?hl=mistwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.