(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,597 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg
20231209_102646 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gouveia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,204 posts in this topic match your search for posts by gouveia. You are on page 2 of 5.
#1011 6 years ago

Eight down, lots more to go!

8 witches (resized).jpg8 witches (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1021 6 years ago

I've been really busy with work so I've been away from Pinside for a while. But I'm still trying to get these out to all of you on the list as quickly as I can.

That being said, when I send you a PM, and you don't respond within a week or so, I just move on. Sorry, but I'm using every spare hour I have to make these right now, and the days grow shorter and the nights are getting long (obscure Triumph reference-- SOOOOO...

THE WITCHES ARE COMING!!! But if you don't get back to me, I'm giving it to the next in line.

Thanks! Steve

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Hi Steve,
I'm typically on Pinside only once a week and I definitely don't want to miss when my number is called. Are you okay with PM me the payment information so I can you pay you now? I don't mind paying a few weeks ahead of time.
Thanks!

Don't worry about that. I'll make sure you get one. It's generally for people who are new to Pinside that see the mod on YouTube or something, then sign up and say they want one and I never hear from them again. But since the waiting list is so long, it's better to move ahead to get them to those of you who really want it.

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m ready whenever my number is called, shoobe moving up the list.

You are very close.

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Just stopping back in to say what a fantastic mod this is. I got mine fairly early in the beginning and most everyone that plays my machine comments on how realistic the witch looks. When I show them the original, they all say there's no way this new version is not original to the game.
Thanks again Steve for taking this on! I'm sure it became much larger than you imagined. Just goes to show you what a great idea this was. I hope this avocation was enjoyable for you.

Thanks for saying that. I really appreciate it. You WERE one of the early ones, so thank you.

Yes, it got much larger than I imagined. I'm flattered that my idea took off, and I've discovered a skill I didn't know I had. Haha! But I've never been able to keep up with the list. I know lots of other people want it, but after this I need to take a break from making the same thing over and over.

Plus, it'll give me time to work on something else.

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I saved mine cuz should I ever have to sell WOZ the red witch stays with me.

Hahaha. Good answer. You can use it as a nightlight or something.

4 weeks later
#1037 6 years ago

Hello all! I’ve been pretty MIA from this thread for a while, but I’m still here. I’ve just been really busy with work and other things not pinball-related, so I’m moving slower than usual. But I am still making them. Slowly. I will have one for all of you on the final list if you’re patient.

Also, I’ve gotten lots of PM’s from people wanting to be put on the waiting list. Sorry to those of you I haven’t gotten back to, but I’m just trying to get the final list done at this point. I’ll know in a few weeks how many extra I’ll have and then we can deal with that later.

Thanks! Steve

881F46DF-95D6-4743-9B9D-9B1D858D49B5 (resized).jpeg881F46DF-95D6-4743-9B9D-9B1D858D49B5 (resized).jpeg

#1039 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Everyone need to vote for this in the TWIPYs for the best mod of 2017!

That would be rad! But is it eligible? I started it October of 2016.

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks again gouveia . Almost a year later all is still 100%
Casey says hello!!!

Hey Casey! (Thumbs up, man!) Glad it’s holding up!

Trust me, it was pretty stressful early on when it wasn’t high enough and the ball started getting in there, because I didn’t know how to fix it. But I can’t imagine it without the wall now.

Plus, a few months ago I came across this and it made me laugh. I’ve been on this stupid ride years ago and don’t remember this, but my mod is pretty darn close.

1 week later
#1046 6 years ago

Ten more finished!

Just a few more, and I'll finally be done with the list. I may end up making more later in the year, but I'm really looking forward to finally getting some time to work on my next project.

Thanks again for your support!

ten witches (resized).jpegten witches (resized).jpeg

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from edwood40:

I bought this mod then sold my WOZ RR. I never opened. If anybody wants one I would be willing to sell mine. Just looking to get what I paid..... $200 plus shipping. Send me a PM if you're interested.
PS..... I checked with Steve before I posted this.
Thanks

Here’s your chance everyone on the waiting list. Great way to skip the line.

1 month later
#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

Love this mod! Steve, any hints on your next project?......flying monkey mod?

Quoted from dirtbag66:

This is my guess as well. The stock monkey is definitely lacking. Wonder what magic Steve could do with it?

I thought I gave a pretty good hint in post #843.

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Winged monkey in the magnifying glass?

I thought I was being pretty clever.

#1076 6 years ago

Nope. No list. I’m not ready for that yet, so I’m not gonna take names. Plus you guys haven’t even seen it yet!!!

...but is does look rad.

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm curious... how many Red Smoke mods now exist in the collector's world?

I honestly stopped counting. But somewhere around 250, I think.

#1084 6 years ago

Thank you!

3 weeks later
#1098 6 years ago

Hahaha. Yes. It looks SO cool I can't tell you. But I have to make sure I can make it over and over. I'm still fine tuning it, but I'm REALLY happy with it. It's a little more complicated than the witch, but it looks like the monkey, and it looks like it belongs in the machine.

I'm pretty close, so stay tuned...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1110 6 years ago

No problem at all.

The Mod Couple are actually helping me out with some things for the monkey that I can't make in my tiny little garage.

And yes, the trusty little washing machine is quite the mess these days.

1 week later
#1114 5 years ago

Correctamundo. I’m not working on any witches right now because I just don’t have the time. I’ll probably make some in the future, so if you have the patience and your game isn’t going anywhere you’ll be able to get one. It’s just a really small operation (me), and I wanted to focus on the new mod because I love it and I wanted to get it out there.

Also...I just got married last week so pinside and modding are the least of my concerns! But I’m really close to getting the ball rolling again. I’ll also let everyone know what’s going on on this thread, so just make it a favorite and keep checking back.
And yes. Obviously if you bought my witch mod you’ll get priority if you’d like the new one. I’m not a jerk. Hahaha.

Steve

#1125 5 years ago

Thanks everyone!

#1140 5 years ago
Quoted from Grateful_Pin:

Congratulations Steve!
Now your Mod company has two employees!!!

It always did! The witch wouldn’t have happened without her. She’s been working behind the scenes the entire time.

#1148 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Guys, hes still on his Honeymoon.
Lets let him enjoy life for a couple weeks so he can start a list.

Yeah, man! You tell ‘em, Eric!

2 weeks later
#1154 5 years ago

IMG_1248 (resized).jpgIMG_1248 (resized).jpg

#1161 5 years ago

It meant Maui is beautiful this time of year.

But enjoy the snow, mofos is pretty good too. Hahaha.

1 month later
#1185 5 years ago

Happy Memorial Day!

monkey (resized).jpgmonkey (resized).jpg

#1253 5 years ago

Hello everyone! First of all, thanks for all the nice compliments. I'm glad you like the monkey, because I put a F***LOAD of time into making it!!! A ridiculous amount of time, actually. But I'm really proud of it, and I can't wait to share it with you guys.

Second, for all of you who are asking, I don't have any more witches right now. I just don't and I'm sorry about that. When I get more time, I'll probably make some more, but they take so much of a commitment that it won't be for a while.

And finally, I'm not on here much right now because of work and other things, but I'll have much more of a presence on the thread soon. The monkey is not quite done, because it consists of a bunch of little parts that I've ordered and need to assemble and all that. But I'll have more time soon, and I plan on going for it and making as many as I can for you guys. So please be patient and I'll try and get to all of you.

In the meantime, here's this...

Steve

#1256 5 years ago

That part took the longest. Once I got it in my head to try and make it work, there was no stopping me. Hahaha.

#1270 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Did you have to mod the game at all to make the new monkey to fit the home area?

Nope.

#1281 5 years ago

I’m at work right now. So sorry about the short answers. I don’t know the cost yet. I’ve only made two, and one is made of clay. It won’t be outrageous. Roughly around the witch. I want people to have it, but I want to make it worth my while so I don’t get F***ing sick of making it. I’m going to be spending a LOT of time on them, so that entails molding them, painting them, assembling them, etc.

Plus there’s one more cool thing about them that I can’t show you, and that’ll take some time as well. But it’s totally worth it.

#1282 5 years ago

Also, one more thing. I can’t make a list yet. It’s just too much right now. So a simple “I’m in” or something like that is all I need to get an idea of how many I should make. We’ll do an OFFICIAL list soon. Promise.
Steve

#1318 5 years ago

Just checked back in and...Oh boy. I’ve got my work cut out for me.
Glad to see so many people loving it. Thanks! And no, it won’t be 300 bucks.

#1320 5 years ago

Thanks! Parts are still arriving. I’ve never paid so much for a bunch of little springs in my life. Hahaha. Also, I’ll let people see what’s going on and how I designed it when I start making them. I always like seeing that sort of thing on other threads, so I figured it might be interesting to others.

3 weeks later
#1356 5 years ago

And I'm in too...in the process of moving.

Alas, I've outgrown my workspace. The trusty washing machine and dryer can no longer bear the mess I've made, and my wife insisted we get a new home with a gameroom for all of my pins (FINALLY!) and a garage with PLENTY of room for making monkeys. (You see why I married her?!) Well, we found one, so now we've got to get out of here.

So while we're packing and getting ready for the move next month, I've been fine-tuning the monkey. I've made about six prototypes now, practicing different painting and assembling techniques, essentially trying to make them all look the same (springs are surprisingly tricky to glue and get the same motion each time, but I think I've got that figured out). I'm finally happy with my paint job and the mix of colors, and the molds are working great. I've made between forty and fifty pieces already, so I'll have a bit of a head start when I'm ready to sell them. That was one of the bummers about making the witch, because I always felt like I was way behind and all of you had to wait months for me to make them. Hopefully, I can get the monkey out quicker. So figure late July/August to be the time when I get things rolling.

Also, keep in mind there's no "official" list yet. That will come later. But I really appreciate all of your interest and enthusiasm.

Steve

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#1379 5 years ago

Hey everyone,
There isn't any link or list yet. I'm a little behind getting my "upgraded" workspace set up in the new garage, so I need a little more time to get things rolling. Moving into a home is a bigger job than we anticipated, but it's gonna be great once we get everything out of boxes.
So stay tuned...and thank you!

1 month later
#1389 5 years ago

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to give you another update. There are actually a few monkeys out there in the wild right now being tested, and I'm still making minor improvements to make it foolproof. I know it sounds crazy, but there are roughly 18 separate components to the Monkey. I've had to learn a lot of new skills to make it work, but I wanted to challenge myself and it's been worth it - I think you'll agree!
Enjoy the new video, and I'll be back soon with more info.

And no, there is still no list. Not yet.

3 weeks later
#1409 5 years ago

Hello everybody! I wanted to make sure I had all my monkeys in a row, because it's going to be a pretty daunting task to make these. I'm sorry it's taken this long, but I wanted to make sure my monkey mod was as perfect as I could make it before you put it in your machines. It's now time to get these guys flying out of my garage!

NO MORE FAKE LISTS! NO MORE WAITING AROUND! SET YOUR ALARMS!

I spent last night with Marty and Ryan and they will tell you everything you need to know.

Thanks!
Steve

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/10/16/episode-64-jeanpaul-de-win-and-steve-gouveia/

19221634_1041889029247119_5126151673546658695_o (resized).jpg19221634_1041889029247119_5126151673546658695_o (resized).jpg34962691_1337545809681438_1032764056424939520_o (resized).jpg34962691_1337545809681438_1032764056424939520_o (resized).jpgEP64-Jean-Paul-and-Steve (resized).jpgEP64-Jean-Paul-and-Steve (resized).jpg
#1419 5 years ago

PM. Noon.

Sorry. It was late.

#1422 5 years ago

Seriously. We almost passed Roger’s world record.

#1432 5 years ago

I actually have a record of every witch buyer and I recognize most of the pinside names. (especially the vocal ones). Don’t worry. I’ll get you guys. This is just easier for me to start all at once.

#1444 5 years ago

THE MONKEY MOD LIST IS OFFICIALLY...

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#1551 5 years ago

Wow!

I truly didn't know how this would go, so it's pretty crazy seeing so many people sign up so soon. As of right now, the count is about 130. I'm stopping at 200, so everyone's covered so far if you signed up for one (or two, or three). I've already got a list of everyone so far (PM's included), so don't worry if I didn't write back to you directly. Thanks for all the nice comments as well.

In a few days I will let all of you know exactly what I'm doing, how the progress is going, how it's built, what it actually is, time frame for getting one, etc.

Thanks again! I really appreciate you guys liking my work, and I can't wait to get some monkeys out to you!
Steve

#1569 5 years ago

Thanks, Carl!

#1577 5 years ago

I am officially spending a lot of time in the garage.

I wanted to get a head start on these so all of you don't have to wait too long, so I've been painting parts that I actually made before we moved. These little dudes are a lot more detailed than the witches, so there's a lot of small lines and facial features that I've been slowly getting better at painting over and over.

Regarding the list, if you asked for one after the list opened (Post #1444), you're good to go. I've got quite a lot of monkeys to make, so it's gonna take some time to get them out to all of you. I'll post the list soon, so if I missed you the first time you can correct me. And once again, I'm not taking any money until your monkey is ready. I'll then PM you with the payment details. I'll also post a video soon of the whole process, so you can see exactly what it takes to make this little monkey fly.

In the meantime, I'll be looking at the thread a lot more so feel free to write. And sorry, but I'm not making any more witches right now.

download (2) (resized).jpegdownload (2) (resized).jpeg
#1581 5 years ago

Thanks! Wait'll you see them under black light. It's too hard to photograph, but it takes them to a whole different level.

#1589 5 years ago

The mod comes with black light. I'm including a short cable with three UV LEDs that plugs into the topper GI in the back of the game and sits hidden away above the monkey (you can see them hanging from my cabinet in the OPEN picture). That to me is just enough light to make him glow without lighting up the back of the game too much. (Yes. I like my WOZ dark. It think it looks like Oz at night.) Just one more thing I forced myself to learn to make the monkey really stand out.

#1599 5 years ago
download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg
#1609 5 years ago

No Ray-Bans. haha. He's actually looking down at the ball when you see him up close. But yes. With the black light above him, I want him to have a "sinister" Bela Lugosi sorta look, and it's really just an exaggeration of a few shots I'm using from the film like these:

download (4) (resized).jpegdownload (4) (resized).jpegdownload (5) (resized).jpegdownload (5) (resized).jpeg

download (6) (resized).jpegdownload (6) (resized).jpeg
#1610 5 years ago

Okay. Here's the list so far. Once again, if I missed anyone just let me know and I'll fix it. Also as a reminder, I won't contact you with payment info until I'm done with your mod. But if I don't hear back from you within a week or so, I'll just move on to the next request. People sell their games or reconsider and that's totally fine. Just be aware that I'm only making 200 and that's it.

Thanks again! You guys are awesome.
Steve

The Monkey Mod List

audihere
merccat
calfdemon
Ericpinballfan (2)
avspin
elf70
WackyBrakke
Georgeh (2)
Pinzap (2)
AFM95
fnosm (2)
Gomer1969
Sijcolo
Grateful_Pin
VegasAlleycat
edwood40
titanpenguin
Vegasbills (3)
Frogman
DCFAN
moonduckie78
Crile1
podolj
27dnast
beelzeboob
PinPeet (2)
Troz
Pinbear
sinnisterjsb
Jvspin
MK6PIN
Metalthrashinmad
ulmpharmd (2)
wvpinball
wyopin
Whitenoise3000
BR80
eharan
redmamanora
KevinG
Ramjet
zutton1 (2)
jar155
arcadenerd925
paynemic (2)
PinBackpacker
danisme
brett
gatordad (2)
msj2222
knobstone
PtownPin
Fizz
herg
JimRad
DesTheopta
GGBGROUP
MammoDoc
iceman44
Digimatt
twenty84
adborto
pinballinreno (2)
rrosenhouse
Teknotoyz
knightgdg
MT45
sjohn26148
surfinvet
Reznnate
pduffy
Charliew65
rviguet
gardo
mountaingamer
1quartershort
FlippyD
Vyzer2
dmj1977
Parker09
kidchrisso
Sidekick74
fuseholder
Riffbear
Chambo
Pinz19
2000_alum
Orbian
scottr
BOB-G
jrockne
rai
hocuslocus
Bosch1300
Bantam
May
thunder001
brmorr
Jamie126
pcpskate
OilGuy
masterfx
dannunz
Packerjeff
MANTO1975
Oldgoat
indybru
Mistwalker
Gooch
konghusker
Chosen_S
Half_Life
jtaudio
Pimp77
ckpinball
Backdoc01
edcianci (2)
FalconDriver
apinballwiz
Pball (2)
drjeff112 (2)
bigd1979
flipout
ccbiggsoo7
Zavadoza
RedlineMania
DeathHimself
Pinballer79
tlmajor
jeffr
shlockdoc
hd60609
Jackalwere
KLR2014
sbmania
rennervision
thewool
Deluxodave
texasbulldog
dnaman
TheArrrrrcade
MarkInc
dirtbag66
6T9Judge
baldric
marvinmax
drfrightner
Mayboyz
jhoward1082
krunch

Added over 5 years ago:

Newer post below 10/30/18

#1613 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

can you put me down for a 2nd for my friend patrick in ct who doesn't do pinside. thanks ed

No problem, Ed. No one should do pinside.

#1616 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I need to start checking in on Pinside at least once a week now!

Don't worry too much about that. You'll get plenty of advanced warning. It's generally for the newbies that chime in once and I never hear from again.

#1637 5 years ago

I can't update my list anymore on that post, so here's a newer version with all of the additions up to this point. Steve

The Monkey Mod List

audihere
merccat
calfdemon
Ericpinballfan (2)
avspin
elf70
WackyBrakke
Georgeh (2)
Pinzap (2)
AFM95
fnosm (2)
Gomer1969
Sijcolo
Grateful_Pin
VegasAlleycat
edwood40
titanpenguin
Vegasbills (3)
Frogman
DCFAN
moonduckie78
Crile1
podolj
27dnast
beelzeboob
PinPeet (2)
Troz
Pinbear
sinnisterjsb
Jvspin
MK6PIN
Metalthrashinmad
ulmpharmd (2)
wvpinball
wyopin
Whitenoise3000
BR80
eharan
redmamanora
KevinG
Ramjet
zutton1 (2)
jar155
arcadenerd925
paynemic (2)
PinBackpacker
danisme
brett
gatordad (2)
msj2222
knobstone
PtownPin
Fizz
herg
JimRad
DesTheopta
GGBGROUP
MammoDoc
iceman44
Digimatt
twenty84
adborto
pinballinreno (2)
rrosenhouse
Teknotoyz
knightgdg
MT45
sjohn26148
surfinvet
Reznnate
pduffy
Charliew65
rviguet
victor
gardo
mountaingamer
1quartershort
FlippyD
Vyzer2
dmj1977
Parker09
kidchrisso
tomypin
Sidekick74
fuseholder
Riffbear
Chambo
Pinz19
2000_alum
Orbian
scottr
BOB-G
jrockne
rai
hocuslocus
Bosch1300
Bantam
May
jhagen
thunder001
brmorr
Jamie126
pcpskate
OilGuy
masterfx
dannunz
Packerjeff
MANTO1975
Oldgoat
indybru
Mistwalker
Gooch
konghusker
Chosen_S
Half_Life
jtaudio
Pimp77
ckpinball
Backdoc01
edcianci
FalconDriver
apinballwiz
Pball (2)
drjeff112 (2)
bigd1979
flipout
ccbiggsoo7
Zavadoza
RedlineMania
DeathHimself
Pinballer79
tlmajor
jeffr
shlockdoc
hd60609
Jackalwere
KLR2014
sbmania
rennervision
thewool
Deluxodave
texasbulldog
dnaman
TheArrrrrcade
MarkInc
dirtbag66
6T9Judge
baldric
marvinmax
drfrightner
Mayboyz
jhoward1082
krunch
Don_C
Nethawk86
bobukcat
10pingrn
Soulrider911
AliciaC
HarryReimer
TRAMD
hollywood
GorillaBiscuits

Added over 5 years ago:

ShinyNick
billyboy

Added over 5 years ago:

kyle051777
Utesichiban

Added over 5 years ago:

brucea1956

#1639 5 years ago

Just the vessel. Nice.

#1641 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think (I may have just missed it in that long list) you missed me Steve, please put me on the Monkey List too!

Got it. Fixing it now. Sorry about that.

#1643 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

gouveia can you increase my order to 2?

Yup. I can't edit the list above anymore, but I'll write it down and post it with the final list.

#1645 5 years ago

This hasn't been mentioned before, so I figure I better address it. WOZ's have two different types of walls--the original vacuform ones and the heavier BackAlley ones. If you've got something else in your machine, I have no idea if the monkey will fit (if you're concerned about this, shoot me a PM).

I've also realized that those two walls are very different. I've made this mod and the witch mod entirely around the BackAlley walls because those are in my machine and they look great. I recently put the vacuform ones back in to make sure they work as well, and discovered that the space between the door and the wall is about 1/2" smaller. Plus, it's really flimsy and can change it's angle just by tightening it. Not a huge problem, but it just makes a tight fit even tighter. I'm going to make sure the monkey works well in all of your machines, so I'd love a little help. Can some of you PM me a picture of your vacuform walls taken from above the door in front of the monkey? That's my area of concern. I've only got access to two WOZ's here, so I'd love to see some others to make sure I've covered all my bases. Thanks!

#1647 5 years ago

Yes. WOZRR’s have them already.

#1650 5 years ago
Quoted from redmamanora:

I have the castle walls from The Modfather, which I think look the best. I am sure others have them as well. Let me know if you think your monkey mod won't fit. Thanks.

PM me a photo of the space behind the door and the wall. I've never seen them in person.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Now I'm wondering what wall version my ECLE has?

Probably the vacuform ones. I had those on mine before I replaced them.

Once again, it's not a big deal. But because they bend, it can make the space that much harder to fit the mod.

#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

Can u add me for a witch mod

No more witches right now. Sorry, but it's a really small operation and I only have time for the monkey at the moment.

#1659 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Please add me to list. I plan on getting my wife a RR or possibly the new version around Christmas

You might wanna make it the RR. I don't think there's gonna be a monkey in the new one.

#1660 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I thought my name was on the list months ago but I don't see it listed...
If I am not on there please put me on the list, thanks

I'll put you on the list. Yeah, there was never really any "official" list until about a week ago. It can get confusing on these threads unless you read the whole thing, but a lot of people started one while I was busy getting married and working on my tan in Maui.

#1662 5 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Wha... Really?

I'm pretty sure they're stripping it down. I could be wrong, but that's what I've heard.

#1663 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I would like to be on the list for a monkey as well. I just bought an early run standard that has the castle wall mod installed. Would this fit or do I need to send you a picture to make sure?

As long as they're the same walls in the RR and from backalleycreations you're good to go.

witch_castle_walls_top_480x480 (resized).jpgwitch_castle_walls_top_480x480 (resized).jpg
#1667 5 years ago
Quoted from brucea1956:

Please put me on your list. Thank you

Will do!

#1675 5 years ago
Quoted from scottr:

Hi Steve,
I have an ELCE model with castle walls made by Spinny Vinny.
Here are a couple of pics to ensure the monkey mod will fit with this version.
Thx,
Scott
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great photos. Thanks! I've seen another picture of these walls online from the front. If that back piece can move forward a little bit I think it would work. You may have to trim that back left corner to make it fit with the other walls, or do the ol' magician's trick and put the back wall in at an angle that leaves more space in front of the monkey. My BackAlley walls sit about 1/2" in front of the door. The vacuform ones are about 1/4" in front and that's really tight but it works. Any less than that and it won't work. There is truly NO space left when the monkey is installed. His face is right up to the back of the wall and his wings flap forward. That's why the mod includes a spacer that pushes the door out about 1/18" or so. I needed more room to put something in there. Your walls are almost flush with the door, so the spacer will position your walls behind it and that won't work. Hope that helps.

#1686 5 years ago

ONLY 10 MONKEYS LEFT (resized).jpgONLY 10 MONKEYS LEFT (resized).jpg

The Monkey Mod List

audihere
merccat
calfdemon
Ericpinballfan (2)
avspin
elf70
WackyBrakke
Georgeh (2)
Pinzap (2)
AFM95
fnosm (2)
Gomer1969
Sijcolo
Grateful_Pin
VegasAlleycat
edwood40
titanpenguin
Vegasbills (3)
Frogman (2)
DCFAN
moonduckie78
Crile1
podolj
27dnast
beelzeboob
PinPeet (2)
Troz
Pinbear
sinnisterjsb
Jvspin
MK6PIN
Metalthrashinmad
ulmpharmd (2)
wvpinball
wyopin
Whitenoise3000
BR80
eharan
redmamanora
KevinG
Ramjet
zutton1 (2)
jar155
arcadenerd925
paynemic (2)
PinBackpacker (2)
danisme
brett
gatordad (2)
msj2222
knobstone
PtownPin
Fizz
herg
JimRad
DesTheopta
GGBGROUP
MammoDoc
iceman44
Digimatt
twenty84
adborto
pinballinreno (2)
rrosenhouse
Teknotoyz
knightgdg
MT45
sjohn26148
surfinvet
Reznnate
pduffy
Charliew65
rviguet
victor
gardo
mountaingamer
1quartershort
FlippyD
Vyzer2
dmj1977
Parker09
kidchrisso
tomypin
Sidekick74
fuseholder
Riffbear
Chambo
Pinz19
2000_alum
Orbian
scottr
BOB-G
jrockne
rai
hocuslocus
Bosch1300
Bantam
May
jhagen
thunder001
brmorr
Jamie126
pcpskate
OilGuy
masterfx
dannunz
Packerjeff
MANTO1975
Oldgoat
indybru
Mistwalker
Gooch
konghusker
Chosen_S
Half_Life
jtaudio
Pimp77
ckpinball
Backdoc01
edcianci (2)
FalconDriver
apinballwiz
Pball (2)
drjeff112 (2)
bigd1979
flipout
ccbiggsoo7
Zavadoza
RedlineMania
DeathHimself
Pinballer79
tlmajor
jeffr
shlockdoc
hd60609
Jackalwere
KLR2014
sbmania
rennervision
thewool
Deluxodave
texasbulldog
dnaman
TheArrrrrcade
MarkInc
dirtbag66
6T9Judge
baldric
marvinmax
drfrightner
Mayboyz
jhoward1082
krunch
Don_C
Nethawk86
bobukcat
10pingrn
Soulrider911
AliciaC
HarryReimer
TRAMD
hollywood
GorillaBiscuits
ShinyNick
billyboy
kyle051777
Utesichiban
Sammy31
brucea1956
thedarkknight77
Toucanf16
Manimal
jimk71

#1693 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i still see me down as 1- can you add the second one for Patrick in Connecticut - thanks ed

Got it.

#1704 5 years ago

THE LIST IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!!

Thank you all for being so excited and supportive of my work. I really appreciate it. Steve

#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

think you ought to let guys get a chance to get a monkey before certain guys get 2-3. see a ebay scam coming soon!

Truly not a concern. Most people on this list who want more than one monkey I either know, or know they have multiple machines at home or in an arcade.

#1712 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

There’ll a small percentage who back out when payment comes due.

Without question. I expect that and that's totally fine because I'll just move on to the next person.

#1713 5 years ago

The Monkey Mod List

audihere
merccat
calfdemon
Ericpinballfan (2)
avspin
elf70
WackyBrakke
Georgeh (2)
Pinzap (2)
AFM95
fnosm (2)
Gomer1969
Sijcolo
Grateful_Pin
VegasAlleycat
edwood40
titanpenguin
Vegasbills (3)
Frogman (2)
DCFAN
moonduckie78
Crile1
podolj
27dnast
beelzeboob
PinPeet (2)
Troz
Pinbear
sinnisterjsb
Jvspin
MK6PIN
Metalthrashinmad
ulmpharmd (2)
wvpinball (2)
wyopin
Whitenoise3000
BR80
eharan (2)
redmamanora
KevinG
Ramjet
zutton1 (2)
jar155
arcadenerd925
paynemic (2)
PinBackpacker (2)
danisme
brett
gatordad (2)
msj2222
knobstone
PtownPin
Fizz
herg
JimRad
DesTheopta
GGBGROUP
MammoDoc
iceman44
Digimatt
twenty84
adborto
pinballinreno (2)
rrosenhouse
Teknotoyz
knightgdg
MT45
sjohn26148
surfinvet
Reznnate
pduffy
Charliew65
rviguet
victor
gardo
mountaingamer
1quartershort
FlippyD
Vyzer2
dmj1977
Parker09
kidchrisso
tomypin
Sidekick74
fuseholder
Riffbear
Chambo
Pinz19
2000_alum
Orbian
scottr
BOB-G
jrockne
rai
hocuslocus
Bosch1300
Bantam
May
jhagen
thunder001
brmorr
Jamie126
pcpskate
OilGuy
masterfx
dannunz
Packerjeff
MANTO1975
Oldgoat
indybru
Mistwalker
Gooch
konghusker
Chosen_S
Half_Life
jtaudio
Pimp77
ckpinball
Backdoc01
edcianci (2)
FalconDriver
apinballwiz
Pball (2)
drjeff112 (2)
bigd1979
flipout
ccbiggsoo7
Zavadoza
RedlineMania
DeathHimself
Pinballer79
tlmajor
jeffr
shlockdoc
hd60609
Jackalwere
KLR2014
sbmania
rennervision
thewool
Deluxodave
texasbulldog
dnaman
TheArrrrrcade
MarkInc
dirtbag66
6T9Judge
baldric
marvinmax
drfrightner
Mayboyz
jhoward1082 (2)
krunch
Don_C
Nethawk86
bobukcat
10pingrn
Soulrider911
AliciaC
HarryReimer
TRAMD
hollywood
GorillaBiscuits
ShinyNick
billyboy
TheGunnett
kyle051777
Utesichiban
Sammy31
brucea1956
thedarkknight77
Toucanf16
Manimal
jimk71
Scarpie
monte
springer77
generalgman
abc-turbo
BigT

3 weeks later
#1723 5 years ago

Working hard on the monkeys, everyone. Sorry about the radio silence. More updates this week!

#1725 5 years ago

I’m going to do my best to make some more. I’m still trying to figure out how to make the monkey over and over. But once I get comfortable with that, I’ll probably go back and do a limited run of the witch.

#1727 5 years ago

Around 240 maybe. I didn’t keep track. Haha.

#1729 5 years ago

It’s all hard, Eric! Haha. Some parts are just really messy, and some parts are time consuming. But it’s all enjoyable so that’s why I do it.

1 week later
#1734 5 years ago

Thanks, man!

#1737 5 years ago

My wife got that for me as a reminder that this isn’t all just fun and games. Hahaha.

#1744 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

gouveia
Steve, I just watched your video. If I were to say the invention of your monkey mod is "incredible," I would be short selling your idea and talent. It's beyond amazing.
I don't know what your day job is, but your employer should feel grateful to have such a talented, creative, and innovative mind within their organization.
Keep crushing life.

Thank you! Will do!

#1745 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Staggering, Steve!!! some of the best mod work out there, period!!!! Can't wait to get this in my game!!!!...mark

Thanks Mark! Looking forward to getting it to you.

#1748 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Looks absolutely fantastic Steve...I didn’t think the witch could be topped, but man I think you’ve proved that wrong!

I really, really, REALLY wanted to avoid the sophomore slump. That’s the reason this one took so long!

#1753 5 years ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

The tail over the back support is really a great example of the extra effort you put into your work.
Looking forward to getting this added.

That’s my favorite part.

#1755 5 years ago

A color changing horse?!? Now there’s an idea! Haha.

Thank you.

#1759 5 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

[quoted image]

Hahaha! I will! I will!

#1760 5 years ago

It’s gonna take like a day to get up there to you.

#1765 5 years ago

Yes. I know I said the first 35 will be quick, but I am rolling these first few or so out slowly. There's a lot of tiny little details that are important, especially if you're not used to working on your machine. audihere was a great first installation because he lives close to me and we could troubleshoot a few things over the phone. I'm gonna do my best to cover ALL the bases before too many of these go out.

Thanks Chris! Glad you like it. Video instructions coming soon for everyone else!

1 week later
#1783 5 years ago

The perfect gift from my wife. Merry Christmas, everyone!
#somanyf***ingmonkeys #itschristmasgetoutofthegarage

flying monkey sign (resized).jpegflying monkey sign (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1794 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

He will PM you once your name comes up on the list. Then you send payment.

That is correct. I've been sending them out slowly, just to make sure they're working for everyone. Things will speed up soon, especially once it warms up in my garage.

I also have to make some new molds, so I fine-tuned the wall piece and made a few more fixes. I'm actually still dremeling tiny little things on each monkey that i should have shaped better, but the new molds will have those changes already in place. I want to get these done as quickly as possible, but they do take a lot of time. So thank you everyone for your patience.

#1795 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Installed mine today! Great addition to the game for sure

Glad to hear it, Mikey!

#1798 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Take.
Your.
Time!
And thank you for your amazing contribution to this already amazing game!

Will.
Do!
Unfortunately, I'm a stickler for detail, so doing this quickly isn't working out very well.
And thank YOU.

#1810 5 years ago

Wow! Matt, you are a rockstar. Thanks for all the nice pictures and words-and a gif no less! I'm really glad you like it.

Regarding the wire guide, I think you have a good idea. Anything to make it easier is always a good idea. I'm just going to assume that it needs to be slightly bent out on most machines-it didn't on mine, so it was a surprise to me. For those of you who don't know what we're talking about, once the door shim is installed the door may bang into the wire guide (you can see the shim behind the door in the pictures above). This is because I needed as much room as I could to fit a toy in there, so the door sits out slightly farther than it did. You simply have to angle the guide away from the door with pliers and a rag (and we're talking millimeters here--if you see it bend you've gone WAY too far). It's much more self-explanatory once you see the install video.

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I am so impressed with these mods gouveia! I am new to pinside and just ordered my first pinball machine yesterday (new RR WOZ) and unfortunately late to the game on requesting either of these mods. I just finished reading all 37 pages of this thread (took me a few hours) but I finished! After reviewing, I can completely appreciate your talents and the amount of time these make. Congratulations on getting married, moving to a new place and the success of your work. I plan on keeping my WOZ machine for a very long time and hope that I am lucky enough to eventually get one or both of these mods for it. I will make sure to follow this thread and get on whatever your next list is.
Happy Ney Year, Clint

All thirty seven pages, Clint?!?!? My God! Thank you! And thanks so much for the message.

#1812 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So how many Monkeys have u sent out? Just wondering how many more until I get mine

Not many. But I am definitely picking up the pace now that I have most of the kinks worked out.

#1815 5 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Stupid question, but with my monkey mod inbound, wouldn’t it be easier to just prop the door open a little further than stock using the wing guide? Then you could forgo the spacer?

Not a stupid question at all. You'd have to prop it open at a fairly generous angle, though. I thought of that at first, but the spacer allows the door to remain flat, and also prevents it from hitting the right arm of the monkey. Trust me, it's far less concerning than it sounds. As you can see in the video, my wife Tricia could do it and you really don't need to bend it more than that. You may not even have to do it to make it work.

#1816 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yeah! Get those done so we can get some more smoke

I'll do my best.

#1819 5 years ago

And this is mine. So as you can tell, your mileage will vary.

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).pngdownload (1) (resized).pngdownload (1) (resized).png
#1821 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

I had to bend mine about 2mm, it is noticeable only if you look. My only concern is the monkey's shoulder is half a mm from the door. Don't know for sure if it's hitting but it's close.

If it's really tight, I would add another washer to the one glued at the bottom of the spacer.

#1825 5 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

There's seems to be two directions the metal guide can be bent. I, and some other photos posted look like pliers were held vertically/perpendicular to the pf and rotated ccw. You can see a "bend" in the guide doing it this way. Steve's photos/video look more like the pliers were not rotated, just bent down towards around 7:30 angle. I think this leaves the guide looking straight still, but may loosen the grip the guide has in the wood a tiny bit. My door was VERY tight on the unbent guide so I might have actually done both.
I have the RR castle walls on my EC. My right edge wall seems to be so far back that I cannot install the included molded piece to keep the wings safe. When I had it taped into position, the monkey jammed up on it and couldn't move behind the castle. I wound up not putting it on and everything seems OK. Not sure what others have found?

Yes. I would recommend bending it down near the front as shown in the video. I don't remember doing it, but it looks like I did?. Hmmm... Forgive me, t's been a looong process.

Also, the door diverter piece shouldn't be needed behind the BackAlley walls anymore. Originally I tried to make something for both sets of walls, but they both sit so differently and the vacuform ones are so flimsy that it just didn't work. I'm going to eventually ask everyone which walls you have so I know whether or not I should send that piece. I'm also installing the springs at a slightly higher angle, so hopefully having the wings hit the door isn't going to be an issue anymore. But I do really like the way the piece blends into the existing vacuform walls, since it completes the door and hides the right side of the monkey, so that's included if you have those walls. You can always remove it if you upgrade to the BackAlley ones.

#1827 5 years ago

Hey everyone,
I'll be going to INDISC tomorrow. I'll be wearing a bulldog with sunglasses shirt (I realize I just had to plan my wardrobe), and more than likely hanging around games that suck (like Orbitor1 or Primus ), or finding out just how repetitive Sega's Godzilla is (I'm looking at you H2H). I may even "gasp"...enter the tournament.

I'd love to attach real names and faces to pinside people, so please feel free to say hello.

#1830 5 years ago

I finally finished making new molds last night so I can keep assembling parts. I’ll get between thirty-five to fifty pieces from these (if I’m lucky), and then eventually they’ll wear down or break somewhere and I’ll have to do it all over again. These molds happened to turn out great, plus they have all the changes I was doing by hand. So I’m pretty happy about that. See you at INDISC.

D9A6098C-2CB4-4B5C-8DD6-3199CEED8CDB (resized).jpegD9A6098C-2CB4-4B5C-8DD6-3199CEED8CDB (resized).jpeg

#1834 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Where can I find the install video?

I send it out to you once your mod is ready.

#1838 5 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I will buy a monkey if there are enough by the time the waiting list makes it to me. Thanks!

Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Hi, I love the mod. Can I go on a waiting list please for the monkey mod? Kind regards from New Zealand

I've had a lot of people personal message me about the waiting list for the mod. The best thing to do is post on the thread that you're interested. This mod takes a lot of time to make, so it's going to be a long process getting the list finished. Realistically speaking, I'd like to be done by June. I'm working on them every chance I get, so I'm hoping it's sooner. But they all have to look and work the same, and I'm going to make sure that they do before I sell them. So when I get to the end of the run and I have more available, I'm going to look at the thread and go down from there. Personal messages get lost unfortunately, so posting on the thread is your best bet. Thanks again for your interest.

#1842 5 years ago

Progress!

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#1844 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope you are wearing a good quality mask when generating that dust. That looks like it would be nasty to have in your lungs.

Yes I am. And yes. It is a nasty mess.

1 week later
#1849 5 years ago

That’s exactly the same outfit I wear when I make them.

#1852 5 years ago

You have no idea how many times I've seen that guy when I was researching this thing.

#1853 5 years ago
download (7) (resized).jpegdownload (7) (resized).jpeg
#1857 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I'm ready for mine...

Getting there.

#1859 5 years ago

It's Super Bowl Sunday! Time for some pre-game wings and beer!

download (11) (resized).jpegdownload (11) (resized).jpeg
#1860 5 years ago

Oh. And because we don’t have a team anymore...go Rams!

#1864 5 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Nice Surly Glass!

Ha! I was on the road for years and worked in Minnesota in 2007 or so. I was a big fan of their beer.

#1867 5 years ago

Yeah. This one is a bit different since I took everyone on at one time. But I had to give myself a finish line somewhere, so that's the way I chose to do it. I also knew this would take a while, but after the monkeys I've made so far, I decided to spend most of my free time making parts. I'd rather have everything ready to go instead of going back and making molds, repeating the whole process, etc. But I can only make about three to four pieces in an hour, so multiply that by five parts with sanding and painting and assembly and it's a pretty time consuming process. I've doubled up on the molds so it shouldn't take long. Once I have a bigger stockpile of parts, I'm going to make bigger batches and list everyone in that batch on the thread so you'll have a better understanding of my progress as opposed to guessing when I'm going to PM you. The good news is that so far everyone is really happy with the mod, and that's what matters most to me.

1 week later
#1891 5 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

The Fonz approves his likeness in this lol
[quoted image]

Sit on it, Nethawk86.

#1892 5 years ago

Thanks DCFAN! Nice pic. To everyone else, they are coming. It’s raining pretty hard here in SD, so I got some painting done before work this afternoon. Working on about twenty right now.

#1895 5 years ago

Good to hear Froggy and 27Dnasty. It’s a tricky one but not too difficult. Glad the video helped.

Thank you!

#1900 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

aah, thanks. And thanks 27dnast for the uh... visual.

And the cropping.

1 week later
#1910 5 years ago

Still here, everyone. Making parts and painting the next batch.

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

awesome...curious as to what number your on ?

I’m working on a bunch right now.
So. Many. Pinstripes. You will be close.

#1914 5 years ago

I’ve got you. I’m working my way down the list—slowly. Making more parts and molds is more important right now. But I’ve still managed to work on a batch.

Everyone on the list will be contacted when your monkey is ready.

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks.
This pin is bolted to my floor.

Good. Mine too.

#1923 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'm not sure why, but somehow this question reminds me of Seinfeld and the soup nazi. Steve has proven to be fairly non-nazi in his responses, but I can imagine in another world it would be "no monkey for you" for even asking such a thing!!

I can't make monkeys all day, unfortunately. That's the main reason I won't take anybody's money until I've got something to sell. If this whole thing stopped tomorrow people might be disappointed, but no one would be chasing me with pitchforks like Andrew Heighway. At least I hope not.
But right now, it's full steam ahead to get these things out, and I really am trying to get them done by June. There are so many details to it though, that it does take time to get it right.

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Steve,
Thank you for doing these mods. I among many others appreciate your time spent. Please thank your lovely bride as well as you have mentioned she helps too. I would gladly move to the end of the line and wait for it. I'm totally pleased with the Witch mod and I know the Monkey mod will be better still. I'm happy to wait.

She is the MAIN reason the witch got out there in the first place! If not for Tricia, I wouldn’t have had the energy or the encouragement to make them. Plus, she let me take over the washer and dryer which was a pretty big deal. Hahaha. She actually helps a lot with packaging and basic painting. Plus, I’ve got a friend helping with LED wiring. So it’s becoming a small operation.

1 week later
#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s insane. Someone should start making these again

Wow! I guess I'm flattered?

Honestly, I'm glad people like the mod so much that someone thinks they can get $700 bucks for it. I don't know who Pinbot1960 is. No idea. That being said, I don't mind if people sell them for a profit. Good for you. It means I made something of value.

But "someone" is going to make a small run of witches in the future, as soon as "someone" gets more of these monkeys finished. So don't feel like you have to pay "top dollar" for one.

IMG_4268 (resized).jpgIMG_4268 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1957 5 years ago

I've been pretty busy at work lately, but I've managed to make another bunch (herd? group? flock?) of monkeys! Also, I really wanted to make a lot at one time, but it took FOREVER. There are just way too many details to focus on at one time. So I'll be making much smaller batches now, because it's easier for me to do it that way.

Up next:

sinnisterjsb
Jvspin
MK6PIN
Metalthrashinmad
ulmpharmd (2)
wvpinball (2)
wyopin
Whitenoise3000
BR80
eharan (2)
redmamanora
KevinG
Ramjet
zutton1 (2)
jar155
arcadenerd925
paynemic (2)
PinBackpacker (2)
danisme
brett
gatordad (2)
msj2222
knobstone
PtownPin
Fizz

I'll be sending you all PM's today.
Thanks!

Steve

IMG_4377 (resized).jpgIMG_4377 (resized).jpg

#1960 5 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

So... toys have had it all wrong this whole time. A barrel full of monkeys isn't the easiest approach?

Not at all. Barrels full of monkeys don't wear tiny pinstriped coats with little hats.

#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

You forgot mountaingamer!

Nope. Not yet.

#1966 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No Iceman in that list? Don’t forget me Steve!

Not yet. But very soon.

#1968 5 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I just picked up a WOZ and would love to be added to your list for a monkey and witch. You do great work!

Thank you! But no list for either mod right now, unfortunately.

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A monkey heading my way........YES!!!! Thank you Steve!!!

Indeed! Thanks for waiting.

#1976 5 years ago

I can barely make 200, Eric! I just got home from work, so I've read a bit and saw some photos. I like the backglass, but that's about it.

$11,500 is embarrassingly expensive, especially if you're taking out the monkey. Makes me worried that Willy Wonka or Toy Story will be too expensive to even care about, let alone look forward to them.

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

All his lists are closed. I think we have to wait for him to “open” a list again at which point you have to make a post to get on the list. Posts before he opens the list don’t count.
I think that’s the gist of it?

That is definitely the gist. I’m just one guy in a garage. I love that people have such an interest in what I make, but I can only make so much of one thing at a time.

#1990 5 years ago

Fly my pretties! All over the world. Thanks guys. More coming soon.

7548EBB3-2C2F-4A29-9CD3-3B96364DF4F9 (resized).png7548EBB3-2C2F-4A29-9CD3-3B96364DF4F9 (resized).png
#1996 5 years ago

Thanks Chris! But TECHNICALLY it was “Favorite” Mod of 2018 so I guess it didn’t have to be created this year...I guess? Pinstadium was last year, so I guess your favorite mod could really be anything. ColorDMD? Tron Cabinet? I would’ve voted for the T-Rex. Hahaha.

#1999 5 years ago

How can I forget the guy who thinks I'm "Changing pinball/Changing lives..." Hahaha. This will be an even better project for you and your wife.

You're up very soon.

#2000 5 years ago

I finally saw some of the TWIPY awards on YouTube tonight. I was up against Pinstadium and ColorDMD?!?!?

#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

No contest - you should have won

Hahaha! Yes! I should have, dammit!! I guess I just need to convince everyone that they need my monkey in all of their machines.

#2006 5 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

You don't need to convince anyone. All it takes is one look.
And yes, you were robbed. You should have one easily!

Thanks! But I meant every machine. Every single pinball machine ever made would look better with a monkey in it!

#2013 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Maybe you can send me me THAT witch you have spare on top of the boxes
PLEASEEEEE!!!

Haha. THAT one is mine.

#2018 5 years ago

Where is the lake house?

#2019 5 years ago

And renaming your 10 year old Gouveia might be too traumatizing for him.

#2021 5 years ago

Hahaha. Nice.

#2023 5 years ago

MOKEY!!!!

#2025 4 years ago

MONKEYMAN!

#2027 4 years ago

Not quite. But this thread is full of unofficial lists. haha.

The best thing to do if you want to be on the waiting list is just what you did-write something here on the thread. Thanks!

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I thought you said that posts while your lists are closed don’t count though? Otherwise I would have posted a long time ago.

True. It’s a waiting list. No guarantees. But when/if people drop, I will look at the thread first, because private messages get buried or lost.

#2056 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

I'm in. Currently trying find an adequate lake house and prepping my son for spelling issues and trauma.
G-O-U-V-E-I-A.

Don't forget pronunciation lessons.

#2057 4 years ago

Steve- What do you have planned the next 10 years?

Apparently making witches and monkeys.

While I really appreciate so much interest in my mods, I'm still only focusing on the list of 200 monkeys. That's my goal at the moment, and it's a really big one. Those people have been waiting patiently, so that's my priority. We'll talk about more witches and monkeys later.

#2065 4 years ago

Bummer. I was finally hoping for some drama on this boring thread.

#2082 4 years ago

Oh Gotfrogs...Where do I begin?

I’m sure everyone is thrilled you skipped the list by paying $400 to “ahem” the guy with the very clear name on your box.

I said I was flattered, but maybe I should rephrase that. If you don’t buy my mods from me, please keep it to yourself.

#2084 4 years ago

I think you’re missing the point.

#2087 4 years ago

Don't get nervous. I've been pretty busy with work and other things, but I've got my team working on them.

assembly line (resized).jpgassembly line (resized).jpg
#2092 4 years ago

I’m using Homepin’s factory. The assembly line was empty.

#2096 4 years ago

Bad news. The deal with Homepin fell through, so I'm back to doing this all by hand.

Next round coming soon...

IMG_4513 (resized).JPGIMG_4513 (resized).JPG
#2099 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Lets chip in for a machine for him and see what comes of it...

Sounds good to me!

Quoted from dirtbag66:

So...any plans for some new toys for Wonka?

Honestly, I’m not one of those mod guys that immediately starts making a bunch of different things for every new game (I guess that’s pretty obvious. You've only seen two. Haha.). It would have to be for a game I really care about. I only started doing this because I saw things that I thought could look better on my WOZ. From what I’ve seen, WONKA looks pretty great. I’d have to have one in front of me and play it for a while before I’d even think of modding it.

#2100 4 years ago

TRON Monkeys!

6729F43B-38A7-4237-BF33-8EC39215B395 (resized).jpeg6729F43B-38A7-4237-BF33-8EC39215B395 (resized).jpeg
#2107 4 years ago

Does everyone remember this?

0944B3A3-68FF-440E-9B6C-76D15EC5713E (resized).jpeg0944B3A3-68FF-440E-9B6C-76D15EC5713E (resized).jpegF8B44E75-BE4E-4CAF-9696-0333C3C1FEDA (resized).jpegF8B44E75-BE4E-4CAF-9696-0333C3C1FEDA (resized).jpeg
#2113 4 years ago

And they settled on the “witch in a bong”?

#2115 4 years ago

I will do my best. I am currently pre-occupied with painting lots of tiny little uniforms.

#2122 4 years ago

Sorry guys. No witches. No more monkeys. I’m working on the list on page 35 (#1713). That’s my main objective before I even think of making more of anything.

6862C7F9-626F-4C2B-9B15-EBCD60F9FC8A (resized).jpeg6862C7F9-626F-4C2B-9B15-EBCD60F9FC8A (resized).jpeg
#2130 4 years ago

Since Steve literally has a barrel of monkeys...?
I imagine the fun is overrated...

Oh there's no fun in it. It's mostly work. Rewarding is a much better word. It was a huge challenge to make this mod. And now it's a huge challenge to essentially mass produce it. But every time I make one look like the one before it (and the one before that ), it's INCREDIBLY rewarding. That's my favorite part.

#2133 4 years ago

Thanks man!(imal)

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Seriously.
Just watch this:
It's pretty much mind-blowing that you actually were able to coax all of that out of such a small space!! It's incredible.
Question: eventually the springs will stop performing as intended. No? Maybe I'm wrong. But... if they do, is there a way to replace?

Thanks! Good question. I haven't had the mod long enough to see what happens over time. That being said, I think they'll keep working pretty well as long as they don't catch on anything. They're not really compressing, which is what I've read wears out most springs. They're just sort of hanging at an upward angle. Plus, they're really short. Replacing them would be pretty difficult, unfortunately, because they sit at a fixed angle and are a certain tension that balances out the weight of the wings. So keep them clear of everything and hopefully that won't be an issue.

Quoted from wtatumjr:

Howdy! Just wanted to say how happy I am with my years old witch mod. It's what JJP SHOULD have done. Whomever came up with this mod - A BIG thanks!!!

Howdy pardner! That would be me. I'm really glad you like it. A BIG thanks back to you for sharing your thoughts.-Steve

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Okay, seeing someone else's monkey in action has me wondering what is up with mine. I was 2nd on the list so got an early one, but I am sure they are all the same. Mine installed, the wings have some movement, but barely. They move just enough that you can tell they are not fixed wings. But those wings actually flap and that is how I would imagine they should work! I wonder what is up with my monkey and his barely moving wings? Even if I flick my monkey's wings, they don't flap anywhere near that much! Its almost as if mine came with stiffer springs that yours. More than likely though, there is something with my install that is limiting movement maybe? Now I need to check it out... I just settled on mine and figured they only moved a tiny bit.

That video is a little misleading. That's Ryan's video from H2H Pinball from months ago, and that monkey was a prototype. Yes, the wings bounced a lot, but they kinda bounced TOO much and were getting caught on the door when the monkey came back up. So they don't move quite that crazy now. I had to find a happy medium because I didn't want to deal with a bunch of broken or bent springs. Plus, it looks like Ryan is shaking the game or something, because nothing will make them flap like that on the way down except maybe an earthquake.
I would first check to see how well your monkey mech moves up and down. Mine was pretty slow compared to Ryan's, so I cleaned it up and put new white lithium grease on it (the WD-40 version is awesome). The faster it is, the better the wings will look. Now it works great and the wings flap really well. Also make sure the mech clears the cutout in the backboard smoothly, because any little bump back there will kill the motion--kinda like two kids on a trampoline. I certainly don't want you to "settle" though, and I am making these by hand so anything can happen. Shoot me a PM if things aren't working and I'll gladly help you out.

1 week later
#2158 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I'm only one above you near the bottom! Patience!

Indeed. I’m pretty busy at work right now so the monkey business is slower than I want it to be, but that lightens up at the end of this month. I’ll have lots of time soon to focus entirely on getting these little guys out to all of you.

2 weeks later
#2183 4 years ago

Hey everyone! It's a good time to update you all before this thread goes off the rails.

I've been unexpectedly busy working on things that aren't pinside related, unfortunately. So I've been moving forward with the monkeys by making lots of parts, gluing springs and essentially doing things that I can walk away from as they dry or harden, etc.

The good news is that beginning next week, I will have a LOT more free time to focus solely on monkeys, monkeys, and more MONKEYS!

Patience. Your monkey is coming...

IMG_4846 (resized).JPGIMG_4846 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#2204 4 years ago

Okay! I'm officially back on my thread. No more talk of dead dogs, Rapid-tac and cyanowhatever.

I apologize for the long hiatus, but I needed to take a break to work on other things. But now I've got lots of parts ready to go, so it's going to be a crazy fun summer painting party here in the garage.

I'm gonna be pretty focused on getting these little guys out to everyone, so don't be bummed if you're at the bottom of the list. I'll also be more active and available here on Pinside if you message me or have a question. So here we go!

Next up:
Boatshoe
JimRad
DesTheopta
GGBGROUP
MammoDoc
iceman44
Digimatt
twenty84
adborto
pinballinreno (2)

I'll PM you when these are ready.

IMG_4928 (resized).JPGIMG_4928 (resized).JPG
#2208 4 years ago

Yay! I made the list lol.

Yes. Finally!

#2214 4 years ago

For those of you playing at home, that is indeed the list. Thanks!

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from generalgman:You are missing this group at the bottom.
thedarkknight77
Toucanf16
Manimal
jimk71
Scarpie
monte
springer77
generalgman
abc-turbo
BigT

You are correct, sir. I should've double-checked on something other than my phone. Thanks!

#2219 4 years ago

The list I'm working from is post #1713 on page 35. Anyone after that is too late, unfortunately.

#2224 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Steve... can't commend you enough...Amazing mods from someone that truly is a benefit to the community!!!
Have both your mods, but still follow the thread...A humble, honest approach to bringing the best...very refreshing and greatly appreciated...THANK YOU!!!...mark

Thanks Mark! Very nice of you to say. I appreciate it.

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from brucea1956:

Great I'm still on the list?

The list officially began roughly seven months ago at post #1444 and ended at post #1713. Any requests before or after that are not on the list.

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Steve,
Should those you acknowledged on the waiting list reduce any expectation of production reaching them?
I joined the list at post #1746.

No idea. So far I don't think anyone has dropped out, but I'm not even halfway done yet.

#2231 4 years ago

Paintapalooza.

3B0BA32D-7D52-4569-BB7E-0FC58F121582 (resized).jpeg3B0BA32D-7D52-4569-BB7E-0FC58F121582 (resized).jpeg
#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Hey! Who is monkeying around with the list??
My name got pulled off... Sammy31 is supposed to be between "Uteshchiban" and "brucea1956" as per page 35...c'mon dudes don't get me pulled off this list !
This is the bottom of the list, as copied and pasted from page 35... I am 12th from the bottom.
ShinyNick
billyboy
TheGunnett
kyle051777
Utesichiban
Sammy31
brucea1956
thedarkknight77
Toucanf16
Manimal
jimk71
Scarpie
monte
springer77
generalgman
abc-turbo
BigT

Don't worry. The OFFICIAL list is post #1713 on page 35. That is the only list I am using. I have it on paper. It is in my house. You are on it.

#2238 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I thought you were going to add... in a safe... with an armed guard... along with the coca cola and KFC original recipes.

The KFC recipe?!?! Everyone knows that the Colonel's secret blend of eleven herbs and spices is:

2/3 Ts Salt
1/2 Ts Thyme
1/2 Ts Basil
1/3 Ts Oregano
1 Ts Celery salt
1 Ts Black pepper
1 Ts Dried mustard
4 Ts Paprika
2 Ts Garlic salt
1 Ts Ground ginger
3 Ts White pepper

White pepper is the key. And Coke is made by the devil.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

#2241 4 years ago

2 cups.

#2243 4 years ago

Hahahaha! Good idea.

#2247 4 years ago

Are you kidding? This is the best! Hahaha.

#2249 4 years ago

I’m just painting pinstripes. Nothing interesting to report, so this is great.

#2251 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

For smoking/bbq I’ve been enjoying using a 24 hour brine of pineapple juice and fresh citrus along with salt and seasonings.
When do we change the topic to cooking with pinball? Not complaining just amused

I think that’s the El Pollo Loco marinade.

#2255 4 years ago

No list. No witches. I’m only working on 200 monkeys from the list on page 35.

However, if you’re looking for chicken seasoning and marinating tips, this is the place.

#2264 4 years ago

The buttermilk soak is preferred, but not necessary.

#2275 4 years ago

We interrupt the chicken discussion for this important announcement:

Up next:

rrosenhouse
Teknotoyz
knightgdg
MT45
sjohn26148
surfinvet
Reznnate
pduffy
Charliew65
rviguet

And now back to chicken.

IMG_5006 (resized).jpgIMG_5006 (resized).jpg
#2281 4 years ago

She will indeed! This week it’ll be done. Nice looking machine by the way. I’m honored.

#2282 4 years ago

The monkey machine is in full operation.

IMG_5035 (resized).JPGIMG_5035 (resized).JPG
#2283 4 years ago

I'm getting somewhat better at this whole assembly line thing.

Next up:

victor
gardo
mountaingamer
1quartershort
FlippyD
Vyzer2
dmj1977
Parker09
kidchrisso
tomypin

IMG_5025 (resized).JPGIMG_5025 (resized).JPG
#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm surprised you aren't using three templates and acrylic spray paint. Could really speed up the painting.

I thought of that a while ago. Truth is, those three steps are pretty easy and it's the only time I can be fairly sloppy. That's why I do it while the other monkeys are drying. With templates I'd also have to airbrush those colors because almost all of the paint I'm using is a custom mix of neon and regular acrylic, so simply hand-painting ten at a time doesn't take that long. The detailing of the face and coat and spring balancing the wings are the really time-consuming steps.

#2289 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

You don't have time for such foolishness. You got chicken to make!

I do! I do! In fact, you're just the person to ask. How do you make El Pollo Rico chicken? I had it in Arlington years ago and it was AWESOME!

#2294 4 years ago

Just got my monkey installed!
It's amazing! Really adds to the game.
What was a colored blot on a piece of plastic is now a functioning meaningful part of the game.
It took me 25 mins to install, could have done it in 10. Its super easy. I have an ECLEWOZ with back ally walls.
Tons of room for the monkey and the door spacer.
Did have to put a bend in the wire guide as shown, about 1/16" for the screwhead to clear.
I wedged a big flat blade screwdriver between the door post and the guide to put a little bend in a couple areas.
Or use pliers and a rag as shown in the instructional video. You only have to bend it a little until the door swings freely.
I recommend a brand new high quality #2 screwdriver to remove the door screws, you need it to fit tightly into the screwheads and apply some pressure.
pinballgoddess laughed and smiled, she loves it.
Worth every penny.

Fantastic! Thanks for the nice review and I'm so glad you like it. Good advice regarding the screwdriver as well. I think those door screws are going to be pretty tight on most games, and you definitely don't want to strip them.

And if I can make Pinballgoddess laugh and smile, then it's all worth it.

#2295 4 years ago

One more thing regarding installation that I failed to mention in the video. The monkey will be slightly crooked when you get it. It's meant to "clamp" the magnet when you finally screw it down so it fits as tightly as possible. But if you're nervous about screwing it down because you think you might break it, or it happens to be really cold in your basement or wherever, simply hit it with a hair dryer for a few seconds to warm up the plastic and it'll bend a lot easier.

IMG_5044 (resized).JPGIMG_5044 (resized).JPG
#2297 4 years ago

Yeah. That's pretty much what you're supposed to do. I'm just trying to cover every possible problem for future installations. I've re-edited the instructional video about four times already based on people's experiences.

#2299 4 years ago

It’s not posted anywhere. I’ll PM you the link when your monkey’s ready.

#2304 4 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Dang I came here hoping the El Pollo Rico recipe was up, but it’s just a bunch of monkey business

Seriously. I want someone who’s worked there, dammit. I can read all sorts of copycat recipes. I want the REAL DEAL!!

#2306 4 years ago

Haha. I’m trying! I’m trying!

#2307 4 years ago

It’s 2:30 in the morning. This next group will be particularly evil.

8717B2B9-E7A8-4A1C-8D17-07B3B75C03DD (resized).jpeg8717B2B9-E7A8-4A1C-8D17-07B3B75C03DD (resized).jpeg
#2311 4 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

They probably used lock tight
I also had issue with the door screws
Started to strip the bottom screw
I just disassembled the rubber and posts from the upper playfield to gain better leverage.
+1 on a new #2 tip or driver
Loving my Monkey!
Great Work Steve!

Awesome! Thank you.

And thanks to you guys for all of your suggestions and tips. Much appreciated.

#2314 4 years ago

Thanks man! Maiden!!!!

#2316 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Dremel a slot in it, remove with flat head. Had to do this on 3 different screws now on various castle doors, usually bottom right corner main door. Order new ones from JJP or generic #6 or whatever they are. Replace often, sadly... they get bashed to crap, especially on the main doors. I think some corrosion builds up between the screw threads and door post, unless it's some weird white thread locker. Worst case, channel lock pliers (vice grip) on the screw and turn, just enough to break it free. Plan to replace the door decal. I hate to dremel in my game (or even with the castle playfield removed) but sometimes there is no option. I've yet to cut into a playfield, fingers crossed.

Good Lord..where do I begin? Sorry, but some of you are just WAY over the top.

Use a good screwdriver, people.

#2317 4 years ago

The Maiden monkeys are ready to ROCK!

Live to FLY my pretties, FLY TO LIVE!!!

IMG_E5130 (resized).JPGIMG_E5130 (resized).JPG
#2319 4 years ago

And it’s four in the morning. And I’ve worked all night. And I’m going to bed and who cares. Good night.

#2325 4 years ago

Ahhh, middle of the night monkey's.....
The witching hour is always best time to work on monkeys.

Agreed. The witching hour is the best time to work on almost anything.

#2330 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

New category for this year's TWIPPY's......best Mod ever that was shafted on a prior year..........Monkey is winner, Hands Down!

Hahaha. I don't ever, ever write LOL but that made me laugh out loud.

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i bet you never want to see another monkey as long as you live after this!

Quoted from PinJim:

I'm actually hoping he likes monkeys and wants to make more. I just got my WOZ ~1 month ago. I'm not a mod guy - - - I like to keep things as original as possible. But, this is one mod that I'd buy in a heartbeat. So cool, like it should have been there from day one....

Ironically, the worst job I ever had in my life was working in a CNC machine shop during college (sorry for those of you out there who are machinists). I absolutely HATED that job. Making the same part over and over and over, dreaming about making the same part over and over and over, going back to work and making the same part over and over...I actually think about that job more than ever now!
But I'm also an actor and musician, so I've gotten really good at being repetitive. Plus, this is something I created so that makes a HUGE difference.

#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Thank you. I spoke to the OP prior to that post, however.

It’s the waiting list.

#2339 4 years ago
25C3530A-96D3-4CC3-A9DB-DAEAAB7C49D3 (resized).jpeg25C3530A-96D3-4CC3-A9DB-DAEAAB7C49D3 (resized).jpeg
#2345 4 years ago

Next up:

Sidekick74

fuseholder

Riffbear

Chambo

Pinz19

2000_alum

Orbian

scottr

BOB-G

jrockne

Now back to Iron Maiden and chicken.

tumblr_oatn3vOHpq1vbsk0io1_640 (resized).jpgtumblr_oatn3vOHpq1vbsk0io1_640 (resized).jpg
#2350 4 years ago

If all we talk about is chicken on this thread while I make these, I will be extremely happy.

#2352 4 years ago

We got to another page talking about chicken. This is so stupid.

#2360 4 years ago

Does anyone else find the picture of a monkey eating fried chicken disturbing?

#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I installed my monkey with my castle wall mod from spinny-vinny on my ECLE. I had to cut one of the spacers that came with the monkey to make a spacer the right size for the spinny-vinny wall mounting bracket. I also had to find a longer screw for the wall bracket. All in all, a really easy mod to install. I love the real monkey so much better than the pitiful original plastic.[quoted image]

Really glad it worked out. Those walls are cool, but I haven't seen enough of them to know if the monkey fits. Thanks for the photos! "Real monkey!" haha.

#2363 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I always give the game a nudge as the monkey is flying down to grab the ball to make the wings really get going. It’s amazing how much better the monkey mod is.

Nudge away, TitanPenguin!!! Thanks man.

#2364 4 years ago

Gotta be from Thailand, the whole country can be disturbing lol.

Ah...but the food!!! So good.

1 week later
#2373 4 years ago

Still here, everyone. Still working...

IMG_5243 (resized).JPGIMG_5243 (resized).JPG
#2376 4 years ago

Sidekick74

fuseholder

Riffbear

Chambo

Pinz19

2000_alum

Orbian

scottr

BOB-G

jrockne

Your monkeys are done. I'll send out PM's by the end of the week.

IMG_5253 (resized).JPGIMG_5253 (resized).JPG
#2378 4 years ago

The Holy Triumvirate, baby!

#2385 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Thinking about offering my own monkey mod..............hope it draws as much interest![quoted image]

It's pretty flat, so it would probably fit.

#2386 4 years ago

I prefer these because they're usually attached to a beverage.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2389 4 years ago

Indeed. My favorite other critter was the mermaid.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Monkey arrived today, you've done an amazing job on these guys!
With the heat wave this weekend, it looks like a good weekend to go in the nice cool basement and mess around with some pins.
Thanks again!

Thanks, man! I’m really glad you like it.

1 week later
#2400 4 years ago

Here you go. Some older links are down because I've had to edit it a few times. But now that the monkey is occasionally changing hands, you will always be able to find it here.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Marty from Head2Head pinball...and some other guy.

#2402 4 years ago

I wouldn’t go that far. But “absolute genius” is a great way to start a new page. Hahaha. Really glad you like it. Thank you.

#2404 4 years ago

Fantastic Scott! Glad to see you got a little creative to make it work.

Thanks for the photos and the feedback.It will definitely help whoever else has those walls. Cheers Buddy!

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Another very happy customer here - my monkey fitted beautifully and works just as well. Some blood was spilled, but that was entirely an operator error
Thanks again to Steve and my countryman Ryan C for the install video
I now have the Gouveia monkey and witch - what’s next??

Blood has been spilled!!! Let me guess. It was the ball guide bending maneuver. Glad you survived and glad you’re happy. Thanks!

#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Great post, haha

Yeah. We kinda stopped talking about chicken. Shame.

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

Who is next on the list to get the monkey?

God of Thunder001, you are in the next group that I’m finishing up. Should be this week.

#2414 4 years ago

Woohoo! Chicken! Eleven minutes of sexy, weird, WTF chicken eating!

1 week later
#2419 4 years ago

Dear,

jhagen

thunder001

brmorr

Jamie126

pcpskate

OilGuy

masterfx

dannunz

Packerjeff

MANTO1975,

These monkeys are yours.

Your pal,
Steve

6BA0DA82-FF7D-4E80-BD7E-F6A41296DB82 (resized).jpeg6BA0DA82-FF7D-4E80-BD7E-F6A41296DB82 (resized).jpeg
#2420 4 years ago

Next up:

Oldgoat

indybru

Mistwalker

Gooch

konghusker

Chosen_S

Half_Life

jtaudio

Pimp77

ckpinball

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

65 more to go. Much better than 165....lol

Tell me about it.

#2428 4 years ago

Hahahaha! The whole “I’m going to eat it now so watch me eat it” thing is so WTF!!

#2437 4 years ago

I agree with this. Chick Fil-a and Canes are damn delicious. And Canes has that awesome Comeback Sauce.

#2439 4 years ago

Dammit. I used to live in that area of Toronto. I would've been all over that chicken!

#2440 4 years ago

I'm still waiting for the recipe for this one, though. So good.

Yes, I'm still working on monkeys...

#2442 4 years ago

I’m on it. I’m on it. But I need a chicken break every once in a while.

#2444 4 years ago

Hahaha.

#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Steve got monkey installed on my RR following the video thanks for that guys.
Love the mod!! put me on list for next if possible, I'm never selling WoZ.

Fantastic! Glad to hear it. Thank you!

#2448 4 years ago

I’ve found that the faster and smoother your monkey travels, the better the effect. Most of the wing flapping occurs on the way up, after the ball hits the magnet at the bottom.

#2462 4 years ago

I lied. Slightly more ambitious with this group. Next up is actually:

Oldgoat
indybru
Mistwalker
Gooch
konghusker
Chosen_S
Half_Life
jtaudio
Pimp77
ckpinball
Backdoc01
edcianci (2)
FalconDriver
apinballwiz

Coming soon.

208FEB20-EF86-4C7D-BEB3-8BF79789FB23 (resized).jpeg208FEB20-EF86-4C7D-BEB3-8BF79789FB23 (resized).jpeg
#2467 4 years ago

ED73DB3C-09A2-4505-9399-C6CC23C1E5E4 (resized).jpegED73DB3C-09A2-4505-9399-C6CC23C1E5E4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2471 4 years ago

Oldgoat
indybru
Mistwalker
Gooch
konghusker
Chosen_S
Half_Life
jtaudio
Pimp77
ckpinball
Backdoc01
edcianci (2)
FalconDriver
apinballwiz

Your monkeys are ready. I'll be sending out PM's to all of you.

IMG_5759 (resized).jpgIMG_5759 (resized).jpg
#2474 4 years ago

Here's the remaining list, everyone. These have been quite the challenge creatively, but I am finally nearing the end. I was hoping to get these done sooner, but life got in the way a bit. My stepson shattered both of his ankles/tibias/fibulas (Yes. All of them.) in a dirtbike accident in June, so he's been our main focus since then. He's got a great attitude about it, but it's gonna be a really long road to recovery. Thankfully my wife Tricia is a wonderful mom/nurse, and our dog Nixon is really stepping up with the boxing as well, so I can spend more time in the garage.

Thanks for your patience! You guys are awesome!

Steve

Pball (2)
drjeff112 (2)
bigd1979
flipout
ccbiggsoo7
Zavadoza
RedlineMania
DeathHimself
----------------
Pinballer79
tlmajor
jeffr
shlockdoc
hd60609
Jackalwere
KLR2014
sbmania
rennervision
Deluxodave
----------------
texasbulldog
dnaman
TheArrrrrcade
MarkInc
dirtbag66
6T9Judge
baldric
marvinmax
drfrightner
Mayboyz
----------------
jhoward1082 (2)
krunch
Don_C
Nethawk86
bobukcat
10pingrn
Soulrider911
AliciaC
HarryReimer
----------------
TRAMD
hollywood
GorillaBiscuits
ShinyNick
billyboy
TheGunnett
kyle051777
Utesichiban
Sammy31
brucea1956
----------------
thedarkknight77
Toucanf16
Manimal
jimk71
Scarpie
monte
springer77
generalgman
abc-turbo
BigT

IMG_5787 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_5787 (1) (resized).JPG
#2478 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I'll bet it will be good to put this project to bed. I'm in the last group, but in no hurry. Take care of yourself and the family first.

Thanks! I’m actually pretty excited about my next project, so I’m really pushing hard to get the rest done. Shouldn’t be long.

#2479 4 years ago

Please tell me there is a cat in the house named Frost?
I got way lucky in my day on dirt bikes as a kid.
Speedy recovery for young Knievel!

No. But there should be! Hahaha. He’s actually named after the watch company here in San Diego. We drove by it one day and thought that would be a fun name.
And thanks! He’s a really good rider but he came up short and cased a jump. Pilon fractures in both legs. Worst possible break you could ever have. So lots of hardware and pt now. But he’s a tough one with a good sense of humor so we’re doing okay.

#2482 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Next project?? Is it WOZ related or something else?

One is.

Quoted from Pimp77:

Ouch, wish a safe and speedy recovery. I luckily dodged many a bullet on dirt bikes as a youngling.

It seems that's the story for most people. Glad I got into guitars as a kid instead. Much safer.

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

3 a day that’s $837 a day, almost 6k a week. Over 250k a year!

That sounds awesome!!!

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Is it possible that any flying monkeys will be made for those on the waiting list?[quoted image]

I’m gonna do my best. Thanks for hanging in there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
1,204 posts in this topic match your search for posts by gouveia. You are on page 2 of 5.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gouveia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/2?tu=gouveia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.