(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,610 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 minutes ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WozCastleEdge-001 (resized).jpeg
Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1253 Flying Monkey Video Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #1713 Monkey mod wait list Posted by gouveia (5 years ago)

Post #2400 Monkey mod install video. Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2776 Flying monkey pics Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Post #2966 Monkey installation video Posted by gouveia (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gouveia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,211 posts in this topic match your search for posts by gouveia. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

Hey everyone,
I was thinking about building this mod for a while. The game is so awesome, but the witch tube and witch just never impressed me. I thought it was too Halloween-looking, and didn't really fit in with the movie. So after WAY too many hours of molding clay, I came up with this idea. I really love it, and it works well with the lighting and animation. Hope you like it.

IMG_2724 (resized).JPGIMG_2724 (resized).JPG
IMG_2726 (resized).JPGIMG_2726 (resized).JPG
IMG_2725 (resized).jpgIMG_2725 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for all the great feedback. I've never sold one of my mods, but I really liked the way this came out and would be happy to make more. I just wanted to see if others were interested. Steve

#23 7 years ago

I chose red on purpose to make it look like the movie. Plus, it's being lit by the existing red and white LED's below it, so any other color wouldn't work. I'll post another video soon to give a better idea of how it looks in the machine.

#25 7 years ago

I like the witch that silly old elf made. I think it's very cool and definitely an improvement. I just wanted to see more of the witch's body instead of just her head. I also wanted her scale to match the size of the trees more. From the players perspective, it looks like she's appearing from out of the forest. At least to me, anyway. Haha.

#27 7 years ago

Here's a video to give you a better idea of how it looks in the game.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

Looks fantastic! Would definitely buy one if you made more. Is it 100% standalone or does it rely on a lighting mod as well to get the nice colors? Not 100% sure how that area is lit, sorry.

I'll definitely make more. I have to look into the cost but I'll let everyone know asap. And it uses the existing LED's, so it's really easy to install and won't damage a thing.

1 week later
#35 7 years ago

Some people have asked me, so here's some more details about the mod.

Steve

#39 7 years ago

Quoted from Pinzap:I don't even own a WOZ and I'd buy one. Super impressed with your artistic talent... awesome mod!!

Thank you. I really appreciate that.

But you should own a WOZ. It's a cool game.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

There's a reason I'm following this thread.
My collection is small compared to many on this site. Only 2 so far and a third on order (TH) that will hopefully deliver before the end of the year. With 3, I'm just about out of room... and my wife told me that if I buy any more she's leaving. If you're anything like me, you're probably thinking at this point -- just how much room will that free up in the basement when she takes her stuff with her?!?

Haha. I've got four. Three in storage.
Guess which one is in the garage?

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Excellent full solution!!

Thank you, agodfrey. I think so too! hahaha. And I thought about this A LOT!

Glad you like it.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

WAIT......Can I order the Witch and the Red Smoke??

You can. But there aren't any yet.

I love the fact that people think it's cool, so I'll make it for anyone who wants to buy it. I finally have some time to work on duplicating them, so I'm figuring out time and cost at the moment. But I'll get the ball rolling soon.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Pretty freakin cool.

Thanks!

#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Looks Great! Please add me to the list.

Will do.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

And me - this is such an improvement.
No issues so far?

None. And I've been playing it a lot.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

The list is rapidly growing!
Have you figured out any details about producing more? Or when you might be able to send them out assuming you're making more?
Not trying to rush you of course, just excited for news
Edit: Watched the update video on the previous page and... wow, are these completely hand-made?

I'm gonna start making more this week. I'm waiting on plastic and I have to make a better mold of the witch to replicate her. Glad you're excited about them.

Yes. They are hand-made.

Steve

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

I am also interested.
Is there any possibility of the ball getting lodge on top of the witch while in the down position?

If that ever happened, I molded the smoke in a way that the ball will roll off of her hat when she comes up. I think having her up and getting a ball stuck below her is possible, but once again I haven't seen it happen yet. I am trying to cover all the bases, though, to make sure it's reliable. I'll keep you posted.

Steve

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I really like the look of the well mod. Would you consider just selling the witch? If so, put me down for one.

Absolutely.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Just to clarify, are you making the red cloud and the witch as a combined mod? If so that's really cool.

I'll be making both pieces. If people just want the witch, that's totally cool. She'll fit in the tube and probably the well mod (I'm assuming. Haven't tried that yet.) But the smoke won't fit with any other witch, so those will be sold together.

Steve

#86 7 years ago

Today I went down to Coin-Op Game Room in San Diego to make sure it works on other WOZ machines. It does, so that's good. Same installation, screws, etc. It took me 10 minutes.

Just wanted to make sure that part was covered before I start making more.

#95 7 years ago

Hey man!

I love your new witch. Really fantastic work. (It seems like we're all trying to fix that original ugly one. haha.) Right now it only works with mine, because I molded the smoke really close to her dimensions.

Steve

#101 7 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Thanks for the video. The mod looks really great!!
One small request though...for the love of god please stop recording in vertical mode.....just record in Horizontal (landscape) mode!!

I agree, wholeheartedly. I usually do but it was a last minute decision to film it.

On that note, you know what else would be great? You learning how to spell the word "would".

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wonderful idea and even better execution on your WOZ witch red smoke mod. I'll bet orders roll in for many years.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

#104 7 years ago

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post an update. I've started a list of everyone who has PM'd me, as well as those of you who posted on the thread who want my mod. Right now, I have over 70 orders for the mod which means I will be spending a lot of time in my garage. But I'm happy people like it so much and I'm looking forward to getting them out to all of you.

The cost for both pieces together will be $200.00 + shipping. I'll set up a Paypal account to make it easy for everyone, and will post another update when you can place your order. I've received all supplies necessary and the (pin)ball is rolling. I will start molding the original forms this week, cleaning them up, painting, etc.

I've been spending the last few days troubleshooting the mod to make sure it's as foolproof as I can design it. I changed the form of the smoke slightly to protect her even more from the ball, but honestly, you'd have to do a Shaq free-throw to get it in there. I haven't had issues with it at all, but making so many more required me to be a little more analytical toward the design. I'll be posting my progress in the days to come. Thanks everyone!

Steve

#106 7 years ago

Thanks Steve!
$200 is a very fair price. No complaints.
You should already have me from thread list, I didn't pm you.
Eric

Got it, Eric. Thank you!
Steve

#110 7 years ago

Production has officially begun. (What have I gotten myself into?--haha)

They're really looking great, though. I added a bit more detail to the smoke, and have gotten pretty proficient at making the same thing over and over...and over.

I think you guys will be very happy.

Steve

IMG_3130 (resized).jpgIMG_3130 (resized).jpg

IMG_3139 (resized).JPGIMG_3139 (resized).JPG

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

How do I place my order?

I've just started molding the pieces, but when I have enough to confidently proceed, I''l set up my PayPal account and we can go from there.

Glad you like it.

Steve

#116 7 years ago

Thank you everyone for all of the nice comments. I really appreciate them.

Here's the progress report. I've made 40 smoke pieces so far, and I'm really happy with the way they're turning out. Unfortunately, I've been having trouble getting a good witch mold to work with. But I made a new one this morning, so hopefully this will be the one. Once I'm happy with that, I'll get the witch molded as well. In terms of timeline, I'm anticipating another week or so before I can think about shipping them out. So for those of you hoping you'll have these before Christmas, I would say that's a really good possibility. Thanks again for your interest.

Steve

IMG_3195 (resized).JPGIMG_3195 (resized).JPG

IMG_3198 (resized).JPGIMG_3198 (resized).JPG

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Quality is more important than timeliness.

I agree.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from taz16:

Put me on the list...

Will do. Thanks!

Steve

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Add me to the list please

Got it. Glad you like it.

Steve

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

GREAT looking mod.

Thank you!

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Just to clarify you are including a new witch with this correct?
Any thought of trying this with "sillyoldelf" new witch to see if it would work with your ring of smoke?

Yes. Both pieces for 200.00. I love his witch but I don't have one to try out. I can assume it won't work, though, because the original witch won't fit in the space. I've configured it to be very specific to the witch I created.

Steve

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from JeremyON:

Dude! Just awesome. Can I get one?

Dude! (You're speaking my language. )

Thank you! Of course you can. I'll be posting more info regarding that soon.

Steve

#132 7 years ago

I am making progress, everyone. Slowly but surely...

witches (resized).pngwitches (resized).png

#134 7 years ago

So...I hit a minor snag. The new witch mold wasn't making me happy, so I made another one. Unfortunately, now is not the time in San Diego to work with silicone rubber, because it takes FOREVER to cure with the current weather. FOREVER.

Good news is I now have the time to work on these things diligently to make sure I send out a mod that you'll like and that I'm proud of selling to you.

So now we play the waiting game...

Steve

silicone witch mold (resized).jpgsilicone witch mold (resized).jpg

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Another first I've encountered thanks to joining Pinside... someone that wasn't happy with San Diego weather.

Touché, Minnesota.

#140 7 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We are in full production. (By that, I mean, I am in the garage a lot.) The molds are working great, but it's taking me a bit longer than expected. But I'm getting there.

Witches are coming...

Steve

witches (resized).jpgwitches (resized).jpg

#144 7 years ago

Getting there. It's very time consuming, but I'm really happy with the way they're turning out.

Steve

witches group (resized).jpgwitches group (resized).jpg

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I probably missed it....how does the smoke attach to the base?

You didn't miss it. I forgot to explain that in the video. I use clear double stick tape (the real, heavy duty stuff used to attach GoPro's and things like that). It doesn't budge, and doesn't damage the machine. I'll attach some to the base when I send it out.

Cheers!

Steve

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Excellent.....looking forward to this " finishing touch" to a beautiful machine...looks like it was meant to be there all along!!!

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

I think the machine is beautiful too, and so I took a lot of time to make the mod look like it belongs. I'm glad you agree.

Steve

#151 7 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Can you please add me to the list?

Yup. Will do. Glad you like it.

Steve

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

If I'm not too late, may I get on the list ?
pm sent about a week ago
They look great!!

Thank you! You're not too late, but I got you already. I'm keeping track of everyone who PM's me or writes on the forum, and when I'm confident that I can proceed, I'll let everyone know how to pay and we'll go from there. It just takes a LOT of time, so I don't want people wondering and waiting for me to deliver. I'm trying to get a head start, and with Christmas around the corner, I'm feeling a bit like this...haha.

Steve

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 7.35.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-11-29 at 7.35.51 PM (resized).png

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from KevinG:

Just got my Witch mod today and it looks SOOO much better. Install was super easy and it looks fantastic! Great job!

Glad you like it, Kevin. I had a great time and it was nice to meet you.

Steve

#164 7 years ago

Hey guys,
Just to avoid confusion, I was invited to the OC Pinball League yesterday by Chris Enright of ColorDMD. He's less than an hour away from my house, so it was a great opportunity for me to get some feedback on the mod from some other players before I start shipping these things out. I've really only focused on seeing it in my machine, and it was helpful for me to see it on a different WOZ, explain how it's installed, etc. Chris was on the list, KevinG was there and was also on the list, I had a few in my car...so Kevin got lucky. Haha.

That being said, I'm going to sell these in order of requests. I've got 24 right now and will be finishing another 12 this week. If you posted early on that you liked it or thought it was "awesome", then thank you. You encouraged me to make more. But if you didn't actually say you'd like to buy one, just PM me to confirm and I'll add you to the list. I will keep making them for anyone who wants one here on Pinside. I enjoy the process, but they do take time, so I can't get to everyone right away.

Thanks again for your interest and the kind words.

Steve

#167 7 years ago

Seasons Greetings, my pinball friends!

I'm now caught up and feel like I've got a handle on this, so let's get these ladies out of my garage! Here's my list for the first 20. If you're not on it, don't worry. I'll be delivering more soon. If you'd like to know exactly where you are on the list, PM me and I'll get back to you.

If you're on this list, please PM me for payment and shipping details and we'll go from there. Thanks! Steve

quadrat

clg

parabol420

Glarrownage

MightyGrave

nocreditdot

the darkknight77

manimal

dotEXE

titanpeguin

ramsfans

Spencer

FlippyD

kidchrisso

solsailor

Don_C

TxJay

Ericpinballfan

Jvspin

Chambo

IMG_3462 (resized).jpgIMG_3462 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#191 7 years ago

You guys are AWESOME! I'm really glad you're happy with them. Thank you for all the great comments and pics. I've been PM'ing people lately when their mod is ready, so I've been a little MIA on the forum. I've also been enjoying Christmas, so I haven't really been in the garage much, but I promise there's more coming. And please let me know if there's a problem with any of them. Thanks again!

Steve

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Got mine and this is without question the best mod of 2016........This one and the Dracula mod for BSD! Steve that witch is beautiful! Thank you!

Thank you, Nick.

1 week later
#205 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Since I installed this mod, I find myself going after the Witch hurry ups more often now. It is truly amazing the effect it has had on my play! I never even noticed the old witch, now the witch is the focus of the game......Which she always should have been.
Steve!!! We need you to redesign Smaug!! You got this buddy!

Ha! I'd need to own a Hobbit! I actually was in on one until they redesigned the ball-eating Smaug, then I dropped. Haven't even seen one in person.

I'm really glad you like the mod. Thanks!

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Got mine 2 days ago. It took a bit to adjust everything so the broom didn't rub on the ribbon wire to the left side LED. I love the way the smoke looks when the light is flashing and the witch is the best I've seen. Love this mod!

This has been a problem for a few people so I fixed it. I was trying to cram as much witch as possible into that space, but I've discovered that everyone's machine is slightly different. (And you don't really see that part anyway).

I'm really relying on all of your input to improve this if I can, so I appreciate the comments.

Thanks John!

Steve

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

I have 6 machines and this is by far the best mod I've ever purchased. This really changes the game. The game is designed around the witch and Steves mod really brings the game to life. Steve was super responsive to questions and has designed a work of art. By the way I think "super" anything is the word for 2016. I can't believe how much I here this haha. Gopackgo, Jeff

Thanks, Jeff! That's "super" nice of you to say!

For now, the list is open-ended, so I'm still taking names. But this is a very time-consuming labor of love, and a VERY small operation (i.e., me and my girlfriend). That's one of the reasons I'm not taking anyone's money until they're ready. That being said, I'm working as fast as I can, but it will take some time for you to get one if you just signed up.

Thanks for your patience.
Steve

#212 7 years ago

It is a VERY small operation.

smoke in sink (resized).jpgsmoke in sink (resized).jpg

witches on washer (resized).jpgwitches on washer (resized).jpg

#222 7 years ago

Hey everybody,

First of all, thank you so much for your interest in my witch mod. There's been a lot of great feedback that encourages me to keep making more, even though it's a pretty tedious job.

At this point, I've learned that all of your WOZ's are slightly different, and I've had to do a little tweaking to make sure it works in all of your machines (i.e, trimming the bottom of the broomstick). Unfortunately, I've also realized that it wouldn't hurt to have the mod sit higher to avoid getting a ball stuck inside--because I've now finally seen it happen in my machine.

Coincidentally, I was working on a new idea for someone right about the same time, and realized that this new idea is the perfect solution. It's an inch-high piece of wall plastic that sits between the smoke and the metal plate. I originally built it for someone who asked if I could incorporate the castle walls into the design more. The longer I keep looking at it in my machine now, the more I realize that the mod needs it. I absolutely love the way it looks, and I think you will too (especially if you have the BackAlley Castle walls-I modeled it to match those).

I'm going to include it in all future mods going out, and I'm also going to be sending it out (along with some spacers and screws) free of charge to all of you who already bought the mod (the only work you'll have to do is drill new holes in the back of the witch so she sits higher. I'll send out instructions or a video when the time comes--it's pretty easy). And those of you who haven't received the mod yet will now be getting all three pieces for $200.00. I like it that much!

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to stop adding names to the list for now, so I can focus on all of you who wanted one up to this point. So if you've asked for one on the wall or PM'd before today, you're all good. But I won't be taking any more orders until I can get all of my previous buyers this new piece, and then move forward from there. I want this mod to look and work great, and I know you do too.

So hang tight. I'm taking two big steps backwards to do this, but it should only take a few weeks. I think you'll appreciate it in the long run.

Thanks again!

Steve

New Wall Witch Mod (resized).jpgNew Wall Witch Mod (resized).jpg

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Mine is working great but I'll add the upgrade. I like the look of the new piece!
Thanks!!!

A couple of people have had it get stuck, so I think it's just a matter of time. And unfortunately, the game has no way of knowing if a ball gets up there, especially if the witch is up. It wouldn't break anything, it would just get stuck when she goes back down, and you'd have to go into Witch Test to get it out. I think another inch of height will really make it close to impossible to get it in there.

#236 7 years ago

Hahaha. I had a feeling the trees might be a topic, but I truly can't take credit for them.

Petco. The aquarium department. There's only one fake plant I could find that looks like small apple tree leaves. Find it, take it apart, and go to town with hot glue. The glue eventually snaps off of the trees if you need to remove them. Totally safe thing to do.

pinball trees (resized).jpgpinball trees (resized).jpg

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

The way people repackage a 1$ LED and a few wires then sell it as a $40 mod you could probably do the same with the apple trees. Buy a bunch of it, cut it up, package it, boom profit!

Hahaha. I just couldn't.

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

The wall spacer looks great! I look forward to receiving mine. My red smoke mod was just delivered a couple days ago and I was going to install it tonight but I guess since this wall piece will be on its way soon I'll wait to install the red smo......oh who am I kidding, I'm still going to install the mod tonight and will add the wall portion when it gets here. haha
thank you so much for your hard work and amazing mod!

Yeah, the wall is coming. But go ahead and install it. The odds of the ball getting stuck are pretty slim. I'm just making it better.

Steve

#243 7 years ago

Hmmm...maybe I SHOULD make a leaf mod...

I don't remember. It could've even been PetSmart. I do remember looking a lot in Hobby Lobby, Michaels, wherever, because the moment i got the game I thought the trees were boring, and putting leaves on them seemed like a no-brainer. Then one day, I found this particular fake plant glued in a little lava rock on a shelf in a pet store for 6 bucks and it kinda looked like small apple tree leaves.

It's out there FlippyD, I know it. It's your quest to find it.

#248 7 years ago

Oh my...

#249 7 years ago

Walls. No trees.

pinball mod walls (resized).jpgpinball mod walls (resized).jpg

#250 7 years ago

If the ball gets trapped after all this, I think I have a solution...

stack of mods (resized).jpgstack of mods (resized).jpg

#253 7 years ago

Haha. Nice. It's just the album.

rush signature album (resized).jpgrush signature album (resized).jpg

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I think i found a sample of the leaves in a larger arangement at petco

Those look pretty good.

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

Do you have a video with the updated base? Does it still illuminate like the original? The new base looks great. I can't wait to install mine.

I'll try to post a small video today. It actually lights up better. The white light hits her at a better angle, and the red smoke has a more diffused, fuller light with the new distance. Happy accident.

#260 7 years ago

Steve- You and your MOD are amazing. Thank you for follow up to improve the well. I look forward to getting the update.
Eric

Thanks, Eric. You'll be getting one soon.

#261 7 years ago

Here's a short video of how it looks now.

Steve

#262 7 years ago

Just to reiterate, the list is closed.

I want to make sure all of you who have been waiting get the mod as soon as you can, so I can't take any new orders right now. The walls will be going out this week to everyone who already bought the mod, and I'll be repackaging the few I'm holding onto and getting those shipped with the wall included. It's taken less time than I thought and I'm really happy with the final product. So thanks for waiting.

#270 7 years ago

I'm currently waiting on more hardware, everyone. So those of you still waiting for a wall, that's why there's a delay. I got about half of them out before I ran out of spacers, and I had to order those. In the meantime, I'm working on about 35 new witches. So there will be a lot more going out hopefully soon. Stay tuned...

#274 7 years ago

Okay. We are officially moving forward (big sigh of relief...).

Thanks for your patience everyone, but it was necessary to improve my mod before I made any more. Those of you who have the mod already have been sent a wall with hardware and instructions (it should be arriving this week for those of you in the states). The rest of you on the list, stay tuned. I'm trying to get these done as quickly as possible, but my elf and I have an awful lot of work to do.

Thanks!
Steve

Instagram Red Smoke (resized).jpgInstagram Red Smoke (resized).jpg

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Love the army of whitches in the background there.

That would be a coven, merccat. A coven.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Oh yea....digging it! Just awesome stuff!

Yeah, man! Great pic. Glad you like it.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Was about the post the same question. Just wondering if others are adjusting the witch height or if it's unnecessary.

I think you should adjust it. She needs to rise up higher so you can see her. Also, her hat might hit the red plastic below, unless you dremel that out (which you can do, and which I'm doing now as well on the future mods). I'll PM all of you the direct link.

Steve

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Someone should post installation instructions (or a link) with pics and give some tips if you get into trouble (as I always do) especially adjusting the witch height.

It comes with instructions, but I'll be posting an installation video for the updated mod soon. Drilling and gluing won't be necessary, but it is for those of you who have the mod already. The new version is VERY easy to install. If you can work a screwdriver, you can install it.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was supposedly down for one before that announcement. Supposedly.
EDIT: Just checked...I asked to be added 23 days ago. He said he was halting orders 20 days ago. I should be in.
I'll be patient...I've got enough on my plate right now, anyway. It's all good!

beelzeboob, you made the list...barely.

schlockdoc. I'm taking you off.

#317 7 years ago

wtatumjr, you're on the list.

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Recieved this in the mail yesterday and installed last night. Truly an amazing improvement! This is one of the best mods of all time and I couldn't be happier! Thanks Steve!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

#319 7 years ago

I played my buddies WOZ last night with this MOD installed.
OMG.
This looks amazing. I had a hard time playing first game I was looking at it so much.

Thanks for posting that Eric. I appreciate it.

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Yeah, I mean these are home made, hand crafted, pinball accoutrements ... One most observe the proper aging period to fully enjoy the molded plastique

Hope you get yours soon though!

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Boutique plastique.

#321 7 years ago

I'm working on 35 of these right now, which is pretty much my limit for keeping my sanity. But it's going to knock out a lot of you on the list, so I'm looking forward to all of you getting it. Unfortunately, I can't just bust these things out, because they take time to do well (and I'm a stickler for detail). But I'm REALLY close to finishing them.

It's just all this damn painting...

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I just appreciate that he's making them, even if the wait is 6months to a year to get through the backlog, my WOZ isn't going anywhere. Its probably taking every spare minute he's got and I would hate for a project of passion for the hobby to become a chore.

Oh my goodness...it's not gonna be THAT long! Haha. We're talking weeks. And I do enjoy working on them. It hasn't become a chore yet.

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from sjohn26148:

I think tube was wedged and probably cracked in original tight installation fitting

Glad you like it!

My tube was cracked as well, and I got it NIB. (It's really bad now, since I've taken it in and out so many times. But then again, it just sits in the coin box now).

#334 7 years ago

Hey guys,
Here's the list for the 35 I'm working on right now. If you're on this list and changed your mind, just let me know. I'll PM everyone when the time comes in case you don't see this post. Thanks!

gungazoo

TaylorVA

2manypins

marvinmax

Jetzxi

Toucanf16

denmark71

redmamanora

RJL

Apic7917

Docdar

belmoresth

Scarpie

RichieWrench

1quartershort

thePLAyNone

taz16

JeremyON

merccat

PinBackpacker

pinwillie

wtatumjr

Stebel

NYG

cyber

jdlu

victor

mtp78

Triplecdad

xsonics2k2

challanger1128

LasVegasJoe

nick72485

Eddie

brett

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep...I knew it. Schlockdoc screwed me...I'm off the list.

You're on the next one.

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

I recently received the mod. It looks far better in person than any of the images or videos can show. The detail of the witch is amazing! The castle wall blends in well and is definitely a nice addition to the mod overall. I plan to install mine this weekend.
Fantastic job, Steve! Thank you for taking the time to do this!
Phil

Thanks for posting, Phil. Glad you like it.

#345 7 years ago

Almost done.

35 witches copy (resized).jpg35 witches copy (resized).jpg

#349 7 years ago

Great idea! $500.00 and they'll glow in the dark.

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I didn't realize I was on the second list. It was my understanding that I had just made it in time to be on the first list. I don't like to be on the second anything. It makes me feel like a loser.
Is anybody willing to sell their spot on the first list?

If it makes you feel any better, the first list is really like the third at this point, and you're on the fourth.

#369 7 years ago

After countless hours of molding, sanding, painting, and lots and lots of plastic...they are done!! 35 of these bitches! (I mean, witches.)

Those of you on the list on page seven, check your PM for details and I'll get them out to you.

Thanks!

Steve

35 witches, bitches! (resized).jpg35 witches, bitches! (resized).jpg

#374 7 years ago

Seems pretty obvious.

35 waldo, bitches! (resized).jpg35 waldo, bitches! (resized).jpg

#377 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Steve, I'm paid up! Witch (which) of 'dem bitches is mine?
Great pic BTW!

The one on the left.

#380 7 years ago

Hey guys,
So far, I've received payment and sent out mods to:

TaylorVA
Toucanf16
redmamanora
belmoresth
Scarpie
1quartershort
thePLAyNone
taz16
merccat
PinBackpacker
pinwillie
wtatumjr
Stebel
cyber
mtp78
Triplecdad
xsonics2k2
Eddie

The rest of you, I'll give it a week or so and send out another PM, but then I'll keep moving through the list. So let me know asap if you want to keep your place in line.

Thanks!
Steve

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Thanks again Steve! You did a phenomenal job! Absolutely perfect fit, a breeze to install (doesn't even require you to lift the play field) and absolutely looks exactly as if it were designed to be there from the beginning. It almost makes me tempted to bring my WOZ to PAGG just to show off your awesome mod LOL... almost (my wife would kill me).

Thanks, man! I'm flattered. I'm glad you like it. Steve

#417 7 years ago

Wow. You guys were all too distracted by the trees to notice mine.

IMG_4134 (resized).JPGIMG_4134 (resized).JPG

#422 7 years ago

My whole post fell out before I took the pic. I've taken that area apart so many times, I just forgot to put it back in.

#424 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Any update on the next batch?

I'm in the process of making new molds that will hopefully fix a lot of things I've had to do by hand. Up until now, there's been a ton of dremeling and sanding and polishing to fix things that weren't right, especially when I decided to make her taller with the wall. Unfortunately when I discovered something that could be better on one mod, I'd have to go back and fix it on every mod by hand. That's been the biggest time suck. Having new molds with all of those changes already made will save a LOT of time. And I'm really happy with the way she looks now. So the plan is to finish the original list in the next month or so, and then open it up again to all of you who want one.
Steve

1 week later
#441 7 years ago

I haven't checked in in a while, so I figured I'd make a quick update.

The new molds are working great, and I'm really happy with them. I've made about as many pieces as I can, and now I'm waiting on more plastic that's arriving Tuesday.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to finishing up my initial list, so I can start to tackle the new "unofficial" one.

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Steve

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Good news!
Glad I am no longer at the bottom of the last list. Other people have requested to be added after me!

You are no longer at the bottom of the list.

#450 7 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Any chance you can post the names for the next batch? I believe I am high in the list but want to be sure. Really looking forward to receiving mine!
Thanks!
Ed

No problem. This is the remainder of the list:

Troey
Eharan
SuS
Shlockdoc
T2play
Rvboarder
Pinballreno
Beelzeboob
Darkryder
Krunch
Bestshot31
Pballinhd
Pingiant
C2Motorsports
Sijcolo

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Is this the first listor the new unofficial? I should be in there somewhere if it's the new

It got kinda confusing, but this is the end of the first list before I closed it.

The second one kinda sprung up on me, and there's a lot of names on that one. I'm now confident I can make more, but right now I've gotta treat this like my milestone.

This is the last of those who signed up early and have been waiting months to get one.
Steve

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

It's worth the wait
Got mine installed
Beautiful job gouveia

Thanks, man. Nice pic.
Steve

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Is this the latest list? I thought I posted earlier but would like on the list.

Quoted from Squizz:

Would like to be added to the list also.
Thank you

It's not the latest list. Those names are the end of MY list that I closed weeks ago, so I didn't get buried in requests.

But that didn't work (haha), and I'm not too far behind anymore, so it's OFFICIALLY OPEN again.

THE LIST IS OPEN.

I'm really happy that people like the mod so much, but please don't expect them right away. They take a lot of time, and I've got a lot to make.

But if you PM me that you want one, or just request one on the forum, I'll see it and write your name down. Feel free to PM me anytime by the way.

Steve

1 week later
#470 7 years ago

I know some of you are wondering when your mod will actually show up, so I figured I'd give a brief update.

Once again, you can PM me anytime and I'll get back to you. Not a problem at all. But just to give you a general time frame, I plan on getting to everyone who has requested one by the end of April. I'll be busy with work then and I may have to close the list, so I've doubled up on the molds, and I physically have almost all of the pieces ready. There's still a lot of sanding and painting and gluing to be done, but the parts look really good and it won't be much longer.

I'm still finishing the final mods on my original list, and that's my focus. But there's not many more of them so that won't be long. And my intention is to make every one of these look great, so I'm not going to speed through this just to sell them quickly. I think you'll appreciate it in the end.

That being said, it's not going to be YEARS!! Haha. A month or two is more like it. Hopefully weeks. That's my plan anyway.
Steve

And look! I've expanded!

IMG_4280 (resized).JPGIMG_4280 (resized).JPG

#474 7 years ago

Hey everyone,
I have an extra slot open now, because beelzeboob is dead.
Steve

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

I'd happily take the prestigious position at the bottom of the list! Count me in, I have a RRWOZ on the way!
I'll send a PM

I'll give you beelzeboob's slot. Oh, and your mod is ready.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So, I'm on the list. Buuuuut, when do we pay? In classic pinball form, is like to send you money now and then wait impatiently for the product. Is that possible?

I'll PM you when it's ready, then you'll pay me through Paypal. I'd rather not hold onto your money if I have nothing to sell you. I've seen how that can backfire on other threads, and doing it this way has worked out pretty well so far.

#481 7 years ago

Hey everyone,
Here are the names I'm currently working on to give you a better idea of where you are on the list. If I missed someone, or if you'd just like to be on the list, please send a PM to let me know. Hope this helps. Steve

wizard1
frankmac
SuS
Shlockdoc
T2play
rvboarder
Pinballinreno
Beelzeboob
Darkryder
krunch
Bestshot31
Pballinhd
PinGiant
C2Motorsports
Sijcolo
ulmpharmd
DCFAN
edwood40
Teo76
colonelsnow
promohoe23
SilverballNut
27dnast
DeathHimself
jeffr
wdpvideo
Cantabkiwi
arcadenerd925
hawkmoon77
wcbrandes
Parker09
MarkInc
Fishbeadtwo
Vyzer2
BlueIrocGuy
schwts
Phantom1911
VegasAlleycat
bwrightmcse
ZEN
tomypin
smithawk
OLDPINGUY
jrawlinson-2000
hd60609
ioSFX
Pimp77
TZBen
Radius118
Gomer1969
Ramjet
TRAMD (2)
Schabs81
moonduckie78
masterfx
Deluxodave
scootie
paynemic
Rickbaron36
AliciaC
Gwumpy2144
masterfx
Squizz
dendoc
2000_Alum
Orbian
tomtest

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

WooHoo! Except for the typo I made the "official" list!
Thank you.

fixed.

#487 7 years ago

I missed a few names above, so the list should be updated now. Sorry about that.
Steve

#488 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Awesome list! I hope your material costs are relatively low because the amount of love and labor your putting in these is phenomenal, you deserve every penny.

Thanks, Ryan. You've been very supportive of the whole thing. It's mostly time and LOTS of plastic. But mostly time.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

and what was the price of each?

They're $200.00 a mod.

#490 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I think there was a typo with my name too. You spelled it wizard1 instead of TRAMD. Just get that fixed; no big deal.

Ha! Seriously, no one should really worry about the order too much. The first 16 or so have been waiting a LONG time. But the rest of you are going to be handled pretty quickly (relatively speaking). I already have most of the pieces molded.

1 week later
#499 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

but now I'm fixated on it!!!

You sound like my girlfriend. Haha.

#501 7 years ago

Dear beelzeboob,
How am I going to enjoy my life without you once you get your mod?
Sincerely,
Steve

#505 7 years ago

If I added up all of the steps taken to make these, I guess I'm currently working on step #21 out of #27(ish). And that's just the witch.

Just a few more details to go, and every mod on the original list will be done and ready to ship. Thanks for your patience!

Steve

witches magnified 2 (resized).jpgwitches magnified 2 (resized).jpg

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Would a 3D printer help to speed up production of the witch? You could even print her in black to save a step.
Just food for thought. Kudos to you on a terrific looking mod!

Thank you!

Yeah, I actually looked into 3D printing it, but after realizing the cost of digitally re-creating her, and having a company make the parts at a quality I like, I decided that it doesn't really save that much time or money for the amount I'm making. Molding the parts doesn't take that much time. It's the painting, sanding, washing, detailing, etc. that takes a few hours (especially the witch). And I can mold her in black if I want to, but painting her black is easier.

And honestly, I've made something I'm really proud of, and for a $7-8000 machine, I figured I'd make a piece of artwork that people want to put in there, as opposed to a computer molded piece of plastic.

#510 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You shush! Those of us who care about quality are willing to wait for it.
Keep on doing what you're doing and don't go all "Made in China" on us.
Now...who wants to buy my spot for $300?

Exactly.

And don't sell your spot yet, beelzeboob. Because all of these are going out this week.

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's how Matt does it at Back Alley. It's painstaking work, but that's why his work looks so good...and demands top dollar. Your work will fit in perfectly with his.

Yeah. It shows. And that's another reason why I wanted to do it this way. I wanted it to look like it "fits" with everything else.

#517 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverbak:

I'm missing from the list yet requested in post #456. Can I be put on the list please
Thanks

No problem. Yeah, I missed a few people. Sorry about that.
Steve

#518 7 years ago

I've got all of the mods from the original list made, and almost all of them have been shipped. So I'm on schedule and they're really looking great. I'm looking to have the rest of your mods done by end of April.

Steve

#526 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The lighting for the witch is not part of the mod. The mod just happens to use the factory lighting fairly well.
To add additional colors of light would have been difficult and likely required an additional circuit controller tied into the game.

Thanks for the response. I didn't even know where to begin with that one. Haha.

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My wife has informed me that fat stores water. So I should still be good for weeks.
Wise ass.

I thought you died on page 10.

#528 7 years ago

And you should only have a few more days to go without food.

If you're not dead, that is.

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got the mod today. Installed it in under 15 minutes. Fired it up. Here's my two-word review:
Holy shit.
This mod is a transformative one on the level of the ramp lights on Tron. The fit and finish are spectacular...and it smells great, too!
I love that you have no idea the witch is there (unlike before). When you're playing, it's tucked in a dark corner. You don't even realize what it is until it fires up.
This mod is absolute genius. I bow down humbly before you, Steve, and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Hahaha! It DOES smell good! Hahaha.

Thanks, man. Very cool. Really happy you like it. Now go eat something.

#534 7 years ago

Steve

Quoted from pinballinreno:I installed mine yesterday......Ummm, what beelzeboob said above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There really are no words to describe how perfect this is for the game, The original designers can learn from you.
Thank you so much Steve!

Thanks, man! Appreciate it.

Steve

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, steve...my witch does a little quick wiggle when she's coming up...it's a quick side to side motion so it's not entirely smooth up and down. Are the guide holes too big? Or do you know what would cause that? No big deal, it's just not what I'm used to. Just wondering if anybody else has seen this.

The cutouts behind her aren't really meant to be guides. They should be clearing the two black posts. Most of the guiding is done by the black square of plastic with the two holes underneath her. I would make sure that that runs smooth without the witch on it at first. Then I would attach the witch and adjust the screws on her back to make sure she's straight, and the screws below her on the bracket to make sure she clears everything. That bracket moves back and forth a bit if you loosen it. It may just need to come forward a bit.

#548 7 years ago

My witch rubs her hat a tiny bit on the front edge of the red smoke.
It doesnt affect function at all. it just might wear the paint off in time.
Do I bend the shaft or what is the best adjustment for this?

You may just have to bend the shaft back a bit. The most important part of the whole mechanism is the long screw post going into the motor, so don't bend that. My WOZ was NIB so the everything was pretty straight. But now that people are starting to buy them used, things can get pretty bent. So between adjusting the screws, and bending the shaft, it should fit in there. Otherwise, if you do need to touch it up, I'm using Craftsmart flat black paint from Michaels. Cheap and easy to find.

Steve Gouveia - Changing pinball/Changing lives...

And Wowzers! Now that's a review. Thank you.

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

She's a Beauty. One in a million girls or should I say witch. No more TUBES for me.
Great mod Steve.

Thanks, man! And great picture. I've never seen it in a RR yet. It really looks good.

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

My wife decided that she would like to include her WOZ in the games I take to PAGG.... Since it has your mod installed you may get a flood of new requests as people see your work in person

Thanks, man! That's awesome.

Steve

#556 7 years ago

I sent out a mod without enough glue between the wall and smoke and it separated. Not a big deal, but still a hassle. Hopefully, that won't happen to anyone else.

BUUUUTT...if it does, this is what I use to glue them together. It works great! (when you use enough). My bad.

Steve

<generated-9eb0d74f08d7deb16c1d7ab55406e08b@messagingengine.com> (resized).jpg<[email protected]> (resized).jpg

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Casey's seal of approval !! A big thumbs up!! Love it!!
Thank you and fantastic job gouveia !!!!

Right on! That's a very important seal of approval. Thanks, Casey.
Steve

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I would like one as well. I haven't seen a list or info on how to buy, but I'll take another look when I get a chance.
Edit: I went back and read the whole thread. Lists, open, closed, etc. I feel your pain. Just know that if you're still making them when you get to my name, I want one.

There's no pain. The list is open and I'll put you on it.

They just take time for me to make them, so don't expect it right away. I'm trying to make a lot this month though, because I get pretty busy with work in a few weeks.

#572 7 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

Please add me to the list. I would like one also.

Will do.

Steve

#591 7 years ago

First of all,
Thank you everyone for the nice comments. It's really cool to see my little creation get so many positive reviews. I'm putting a lot of time and love into these things, so it's great to see that you all like it as much as I do.

Second,
You don't have to pay me until I message you and let you know it's done. I'll send you a really easy PayPal link, and then after you pay I'll send it off to you. I've had a few people who didn't respond for whatever reason, but after a week or so I just move on. Not a big deal. It's $200.00 a mod (just to save you time from searching through the thread).

Thirdly,
Here's who I'm working on now so you have an idea of where you stand in the list. Once again, if I missed you just let me know and I'll fix it.

bwrightmcse
ZEN
tomypin
smithawk
OLDPINGUY
jrawlinson-2000
hd60609
ioSFX
Pimp77
TZBen
Shimoda
Radius118
Gomer1969
Ramjet
TRAMD (2)
Schabs81
moonduckie78
masterfx
Deluxodave
dnieter
calfdemon
scootie
paynemic
Rickbaron36
AliciaC
Gwumpy2144
masterfx
Silverbak
twilliams
Squizz
dendoc
2000_Alum
Orbian
tomtest
indybru
Jupisam
KLR2014
adborto
Zavadoza
pinfaze
Frig-N-Ace
tbarker24
Zavadoza
mountaingamer
herg
billyd
thunder001
BR80
danisme
Pdxmonkey

Finally, here's a progress update. They all kinda look like this right now.

Steve

download (2) (resized).jpegdownload (2) (resized).jpeg

#597 7 years ago
Quoted from podolj:

Please include me if you are going to make another batch. This looks awesome.
Jeff

Thanks! Will do.

#604 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Because of this, the up-light adds great shadows and contrast to her face. Sort of like shining a flashlight up at your chin while telling scary stories by the campfire.

Ha! Thanks for the nice review. Yes, that light is very Bela Lugosi-ish now that she sits higher up. A bit of a happy accident.

And nice trees.

#606 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Thanks. Jersey Jack kept calling it a haunted forest and it wasn't until I re-watched the movie with my kids that I recalled that it was supposed to be an apple orchard and not a haunted forest. After that I had to have apples.
For real, the only two things that bugged me visually about the game were both solved on this thread... the barren trees and the witch.

If you really want to overthink it (like me-haha), I'm pretty sure there are actually two forests in the movie--the apple trees and the haunted forest where the monkeys grab Dorothy. Even though everything in the game says it's a haunted forest, the trees in the game look like the apple trees and have apples in their hands...so I guess they're both?!

Yes. I am clearly overthinking it. haha.

#609 7 years ago
Quoted from Teo76:

Thanks Steve!!

She's in Italia!! Awesome!!

Thanks, Teo.

#614 7 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

No rush just wondering time frame for you to have a witch done for me?
Thanks,
thunder001

It generally takes 8 weeks from the point of asking for one. I've been playing catch-up ever since I started making them. And even though I'm getting faster at it, that seems to be the time frame right now.

Quoted from capguntrooper:

Soooooooooo, where exactly am I now on the list? Just curios

You, my friend, are in the next group of 15 that I'm working on. They're half-painted and almost ready.

Quoted from Schabs81:

Yeah cant wait after hearing great reviews i just wanna get that ugly clear tube outta my machine now

And you, my Appleton friend (love that city), are in the same group.

#616 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Oh sir let me know next time your in town your welcome to come have a beer and play some games.

Deal. As long as I get some cheese curds.

#618 7 years ago

Nice! Not a San Diego thing, unfortunately. I miss the squeaky cheese!

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

finally installed mine. what a breeze! I have to say (as others have already said) this really completes the game, and IMHO is THE must have woz mod.
thanks Steve!

Thank YOU! Glad you like it.

#628 7 years ago

Hahaha. Sorry about that. Not much to report, except that I sent a bunch out this week and those people will be getting them soon.

Yours is right here. I'm almost done.

Steve

Schabs81 Witch (resized).jpegSchabs81 Witch (resized).jpeg

#630 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Is there a paynemic in that batch?

Yup. Right next to it.

#639 7 years ago

Hahaha. Beelzeboob! You're back!

#650 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

How do I get on the list?

Like that. (please don't send me your left nut)

Quoted from OilGuy:

It's time to sign up. Steve, could you please put me on the list.

Yes.

#652 7 years ago

Please put on the list that doesn't require any nuts

Good choice. Will do.

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

WOZ RR coming in a few weeks.
Please add me to the list. What an excellent looking enhancement to a gorgeous game!!
Thanks,
Bob

Thank you, Bob. Will do.

#659 7 years ago
Quoted from gentrsa:

Please add me to the list if you don't mind, just got a WOZECLE!

Will do.

Quoted from CaptMonkeyPants:

I'd love to be added to the list as well. Beautiful work!

Thank you, Captain Monkey Pants!! (man, I should've been more creative with my name.)

#660 7 years ago

The next twelve are done.

IMG_4710 (resized).jpgIMG_4710 (resized).jpg

#662 7 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Great! Next mine ?

It looks like it. I'll post an updated list later, so everyone can kinda keep track of where I'm at.

#666 7 years ago

Here's the updated list. Once again, let me know if I missed anyone. Thanks!

AliciaC
Gwumpy2144
masterfx
Silverbak
twilliams
Squizz
dendoc
2000_Alum
Orbian
tomtest
indybru
Jupisam
KLR2014
adborto
Zavadoza
pinfaze
Frig-N-Ace
tbarker24
Zavadoza
mountaingamer
herg
billyd
thunder001
BR80
danisme
Pdxmonkey
baldric
podulj
flyt100
Georgeh
Teknotoyz
Shicketmaster
OilGuy
Bobby
gentrsa
Lermods
CaptMonkeyPants
bobbypin
robotron

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

In related news, Gouveia just bought a beachfront mansion in La Jolla.

Haha. Not quite. But nice La Jolla reference, Beelze!

#679 6 years ago

That's a weird one. Defective baggies. I blame the baggie company!!

At least you got the important parts, and I would've gladly shot you up some more if you needed them. Thanks for the post. Glad you like it.

#682 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Ok... I'm sold, put me on the list please...
How much are these again?
Thank you!

Got it. The mod is $200.00.

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

This mod looks incredible. Please add me to the waitlist.
Thank you,
Adam

Thanks! Will do.

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

My daughter is excited as she says that my RR WOZ is "my pinball".

And here I thought I was just making these for a bunch of grown-up kids.

Nice picture, man. Thanks.

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Looks amazing thanks steve worth the wait.

Quoted from capguntrooper:

Hands down best MOD for WOZ! Any WOZ I see without this feature will seem incomplete. A must have for EVERY WOZ owner.

Great pictures, guys! I can't tell you how cool it is to see it in other machines. Thank you, thank you.

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

First, send me $20. I will notify Steve that you want a witch mod. Then I'll tell you. Then you send me another $20. Then I tell Steve to put you on the list. For another $20 I'll remind him that he's taking too long to do your mod. But if you want to be bumped up on the waiting list...well...I don't think you could afford it.

This is correct. You pay Beelzeboob. Lots and lots of money. And he's very good at reminding me that I'm taking too long, so you'll get your money's worth.

I actually edited the very first post on this thread with details. Its $200.00. And I apologize beforehand that it takes time, but unfortunately there's just no way to do it faster right now. I have to make each one by hand, and I've got a lot to make.

And occasionally I have to get out of the garage.

#706 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

What if you used two hands, would that speed up the process?
No matter the wait, this mod is well worth it and a must have period.

Ladies and Gentlemen, directly from HELL!!! The comedic stylings of Mr. Death Himself!!

And thank you, Death. Can I call you Death?

#711 6 years ago

Hey everyone,
My job is taking up all of my time right now. I tried to make as many of these as I could before I got busy, and I've got a bunch in the garage that I'm finishing early next week. But I've slowed down. There's just not enough hours in the day for me to make a lot of these. I'm not closing the list, but you're going to have to be a little more patient than I wanted you to be. Hope you understand, and thanks again for all the great reviews and comments. It's really rewarding to make something people like so much.

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thanks for letting us know. Made it to 7th on the list, so hope in the "nearly done" bunch.
You can always do a Charlie Emery and quit your safe, secure job and go into pinball full-time! (then see a psych.......).

You are in that bunch.

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I just came in to say this mod is awesome, and IJ is a slow suckfest!

Awesome. Thanks!

And, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!? (says the conflicted guy with the IJ profile pic)

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I just want to say again how amazing this mod is! I put it on both my standard and RRWOZ. It completes the games for me. It just felt "not right" before. Thanks again Steve!

Thanks, man! That's high praise. Really glad you like it.

#725 6 years ago

I'm still working on them. Slowly but surely.

These have all been mailed out, and I'm really happy with the way they look. I've got more "half-done" witches in the garage, so those will be done soon as well.

five witches (resized).jpegfive witches (resized).jpeg

#727 6 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

I see mine! She's so pretty!

And she smells good, too!

#732 6 years ago

Mod looked great in the WOZ at PAGG!

Cool! Thanks, Eric! I wish I could've gone, but I'm pretty busy right now. It looked like a great time.

#733 6 years ago

I'm still finding the time to make them, just not as many at one time. These just went out today.

mod boxes (resized).jpegmod boxes (resized).jpeg

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Mine arrived today, Awesome product!!!!!
Look's like it was originally there from day one.
Congratulation on your Mod A+++

Thanks, man! It took a lot of work to make it look like that. I'm glad you like it.

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

The witch is in the land of Aus! Thanks for the great work.

Nice!!!!

You're welcome. Glad you like it.

#740 6 years ago

Here you go.

Once again, if I missed anyone just let me know. I sometimes see requests on my phone and forget to put them on the list when I get home. --Steve

pinfaze
Frig-N-Ace
tbarker24
Zavadoza
mountaingamer
herg
billyd
thunder001
BR80
danisme
Pdxmonkey
ulmpharmd
baldric
podulj
flyt100
jkleinnd
Georgeh
Teknotoyz
Shicketmaster
OilGuy
Bobby
gentrsa
CaptMonkeyPants
bobbypin
robotron
dnaman
rubberducks
Chosen_S
adamgacek
TomT
thewolks
Gorgar123
FalconPunch
AckerApple
Pinzap
M055781
knockerlover
elf70

#747 6 years ago

You are the last of the Mohicans, FlippyD! I figured everyone who just had the smoke had used that video, so I took it off. Sorry about that. Glad you got it figured out.

#748 6 years ago

If you still need it for positioning/gluing or whatever, just let me know and I'll gladly help out.

#751 6 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Love the mod! Has anyone had a problem with the witch since installing it? My witch delays coming up now. In test mode it will go up and down no problem, though sometimes the first time going up needs a bit of help. Once I get it going, i start a game, qualify the witch and it stays down for some if not all of the mode. Not blaming the mod at all since I don't see it binding anywhere. Any thoughts?

You can certainly blame it if it's the problem.

Does the post work well without the witch attached? Is she straight up and down? Is she hitting the LED cables? Is the screw post bent? There can be a lot of variables. Mine will sometimes bind if the screws behind her become a little loose and she sits at an angle, but I just straighten her out and she works fine. Send me some pics if you'd like, and I'll try to help you out.

Steve

#753 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Installed it last night and it's gorgeous! love the details and craftsmanship that went into it. also the signature on the back of the witch is a nice detail. Great work Steve!

Thanks, man!

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Thanks Steve, totally not blaming your amazing mod. Turns out the bracket holding the witch needed to be bent back slightly. The front of the hat brim was apparently slightly pressed against the smoke. It was not causing so much pressure that it never worked, only occasionally, thus causing my confusion. Looking at the bracket closer, it seemed a bit bent forward from the factory, not sure if it is supposed to be straight or not. Slight bend back and its 100%! This thing is a game changer for WOZ, excellent work!
Dan

That's great, Dan! Thank you. Glad you got it figured out.

#758 6 years ago

Hey everyone,
My good cyber friend Schabs81 unfortunately had to sell his WOZ, and the new owner didn't want to pay extra for the mod. (I know...Crazy, huh?)
So this will be a good way for someone to skip the list if you'd like one, since I have so many to make. Just PM him and offer top dollar!

Steve

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Whaaaaaaaa... he'll come around... but back of the line for him!

Oh definitely back of the line.

And twice the price!!

#764 6 years ago

So...some bad news. I broke my hand. More specifically, a bunch of bones in my right hand.

Good news is, I'm telling you this four weeks after the fact. So the bones have pretty much healed, but my hand still is not what it should be. So there's going to be a bit of a delay in making more mods.

In the meantime, go read the "Stern announces Star Wars" or the "Let's see pics of game rooms" threads. That should keep you busy and give me plenty of time to get things rolling again. Steve

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

WOW, remember next time less baby oil and more distance from the monitor. j/k
Feel better, I know your pain sitting with two torn rotor cuffs since November.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

So did you treat yourself and switch hands?

Haha. I'm left-handed. Which is actually another really positive thing since I paint and do most of my work with my left. It's just been a pain in the ass holding tools, making and pulling molds, etc. But I'm hoping to bounce back pretty quickly.

#772 6 years ago

I know you been busy, its break a leg, not a hand.

Seriously! This time I broke both.

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I wanna get on the list for one! They are radical and I finally own the game! Let me know how to get on it...

Just like that. Glad you think it's rad.

#776 6 years ago

Yes. My hand is still jacked. But I wanted to let everyone know that I'm not just watching Gilligan's Island and eating Doritos on the couch. There's an awful lot of this going on.

So stay tuned... Steve

molds (resized).jpgmolds (resized).jpg

#778 6 years ago

Still a small operation. But I'm getting things done.

download55 (resized).jpegdownload55 (resized).jpeg

#781 6 years ago

Whats wrong with Gilligans Island?
And figured it was oreos.

Absolutely nothing!!

And it could be oreos.

#782 6 years ago

I'm very happy to say that production has (slowly) begun again! I haven't made these in a while, and I still have to be a little careful with my hand, so it took a little time to get back into it. But I think they turned out rad.

So,

pinfaze
Frig-N-Ace
tbarker24
mountaingamer
herg
billyd

These are yours. More to come.

six mods (resized).jpegsix mods (resized).jpeg
six witches (resized).jpegsix witches (resized).jpeg

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Dibs on the one with the pointy chin.

You got it.

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

This morning while sorting through parts I stumbled upon my original witch.
No offense to the creator of her as I know designing something for mass production is different than the care and craftsmanship gouveia is able put into hand making his witches but damn... she was one ugly witch, even by witch standards. Thank you again gouveia for making a witch that represents what she should be!

Haha. Many, MANY, hours of improving my skills. I've gone from no idea what I was doing to still not really knowing what I'm doing. Practice makes perfect.

#791 6 years ago

I love that you guys hang around!

And I will say this. The glass has been off more often than not on my WOZ, because I've been working on other things that I think are really cool. So as long as people are interested, I'll keep coming up with stuff because I really enjoy it. Plus, now that I'm getting better with plastic, I can make a lot more things.

And Indy is the reason I started modding in the first place! I've blown so many fuses in that thing! Haha. So I've got some cool mods in mine that I made years ago and some new ideas that I'd love to replicate for others (rather than just old Burger King toys people glue in there. Sigh...)

In the meantime, back to the witches...

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Awesome you are working on more stuff! I think you ought to give your early adopters priority for the next ones. Some of us were very supportive from the beginning

Without question! I wouldn't even be thinking I could do other things without all of your support early on. You encouraged me to get good at it.

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

This is excellent news! Any chance you are working on a winged monkey sculpture to replace the flat plastic? I have always felt that was a WOZ piece that could use a good mod!

Quoted from sjohn26148:

I want to be first in line for upgraded munchkin huts.......

#801 6 years ago

Ut ohh, what have I started?
Ive always disliked the rope bridge plastic on Indy.
Was thinking forced perspective 3D bridge.
Thought id go big on mod dreaming.

That's a good one. Doesn't match the sunset behind it if you have the lost plastic. My whole back panel is backlit plexi, so that piece really stands out and gets in the way.

Keep 'em coming, Eric! We may have to start a new thread. Haha.

#802 6 years ago

My view for the afternoon. This part is the least fun and takes the longest, unfortunately. But I should have all of these cleaned up and ready to be painted by the end of the day.

download 2112 (resized).jpegdownload 2112 (resized).jpeg

#806 6 years ago

Upgrade that witch!

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from podolj:

I do not see podolj on the list

You're about 7 away. Check again on page 15.

#810 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I installed mine this morning, and I just wanted to say thanks for a wonderful mod. It looks great, and it was super easy to install.
One question. The witch's hat rubs the smoke slightly in the down position. What's the best way to adjust to avoid this?

Without seeing it, I would guess the bracket up and down her back can go a bit further back. Try loosening those two screws below her, and push it back as far as it will go. If it's just rubbing the front right corner, then adjust the screws on her back a bit and tilt her to the left.

Just to let everyone know, I put all of them in my machine and do my best to make sure they fit before I send them out. So hopefully, they're all going out the same.

Let me know how it goes. Glad you like it.
Steve

#812 6 years ago

Awesome! Yeah. You can move her around quite a bit between those four screws.

#815 6 years ago

You thought the witch space was tight? They've made it close to impossible to fit something in there. The plastic and the door are almost rubbing up against each other. But, I DO have an idea.

#816 6 years ago

I'm getting some assistance today.

IMG_5134 (resized).JPGIMG_5134 (resized).JPG

#819 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What a bunch of bitches...errr I mean witches.
Also, the dog is not impressed.

Totally not impressed. And actually not helping that much.

#821 6 years ago

Let's wait to see what I come up with first! Haha. Although I appreciate your confidence.

#824 6 years ago

This new batch of witches are in what I like to call their Geddy Lee/Jim Carrey Mask phase. It's a lot of painting, but I'm getting there. And a Triple IPA helps.

Because hey...it's summer!

IMG_5161 (resized).JPGIMG_5161 (resized).JPG

#828 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm thinking about lighting up the back of her just a bit. If anyone is interested in a light back there let me know, would be tied to the same lights that currently light her in the front when she is active. Could be an orange or red light, maybe even white. I'll post a video when I get it up and running.

I OFFICIALLY ENDORSE THIS MOD!! (of a mod, of a mod...)

I asked Rob (Lermod) if this was possible since so many people have the witch now. I've stared at this thing for many,many months now, and it's always bugged me a little that there's a shadow behind her when she comes up, because there's only one LED. I just didn't want to get into electricity and connectors and all that because I don't really know that much about it--especially on this machine. So Rob made me another LED cable that hooks into the existing one. It's a really simple addition and it definitely lights her up more. I don't know what his final version is going to be, but I can guarantee it will make the mod look brighter.

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Nice idea! I may do something along these lines this myself. Her brightness level does kind of bug me now as well... now that she looks amazing she needs to be the star!

Haha. Yes. She is a mod, after all, so you work with what you get.

But you can really light it up if you want to and make it look like an explosion. It's pretty cool.

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Great idea. I do not like seeing the leds . I would like to see the LED lighting project up from the bottom...

Quoted from mountaingamer:

Yep - me too.... the mod is way too nice to have the leds showing, but I definitely like the concept.

I think adding more lights is a great idea, but only if it's artistically executed. I don't agree with the placement of this at all. If you add more LED's, they need to come from below the smoke. Also, if you light it too much, it takes away all the detail of my work and just looks garish and too bright. I spent a lot of time sculpting the mod to have a balance of shadows and light.

#843 6 years ago

Making a lot of progress on the next twenty-five. Everything ends up on the washing machine, eventually.

witches (resized).jpegwitches (resized).jpeg

walls (resized).jpegwalls (resized).jpeg

#846 6 years ago

Done-zo! These were a bit of a challenge because I haven't done this many in quite a while, and my hand is still a bit jacked. They turned out great and I'm really happy with them. So thank you all for being patient. - Steve

download2112 (resized).jpegdownload2112 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#854 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Just got mine installed this weekend and have to say this mod definitely lives up to all the hype. Amazing attention to detail. The well walls blend perfectly with the castle walls on my RR to make it all look like it should have been that way from the beginning. As others have said, after installing, the existing lighting and effects are much more pronounced both in lighting up the red smoke and the up-lighting on the witch. I feel like it even improves game play as I now actually notice when the witch comes up.
This is one of those mods (like the Palantir for LOTR), that once you see it/have it...you can never go back.
Thanks Steve!

Fantastic!! Thank you for posting that.

I also agree with you about gameplay. I think the witch rules are easier to understand when she's a more noticeable target. Plus, I just like lighting it up 'cause it looks cool.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just an early adopter here rethanking you, and reconfirming to potential buyers this is a must have mod!!!
This really puts the Witch effect as it should be....the centerpiece of the game!!!
Handcrafted genius!!! As it should be, for a machine of this caliber....

You're not just a early adopter, you're numero UNO on the list!! Because of people like you, I'm able to do this. (I even made you glue it together-haha).

So thank you!!!

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

I got my red smoke mod and the Palantir mod both in the same week. It was a good week!

That mod is great! So is the Tron arcade cabinet. So is the T-Rex. Those mods, to me, are really creative and smart, and I'm sure they took a lot of time to figure out. So when you guys compare my witch to those things, I've gotta say, it's very cool. Thanks.

#859 6 years ago

Got some new workspace artwork at Comic Con a couple of weeks ago. Thank you, Ryan Claytor!

workbench (resized).jpegworkbench (resized).jpeg

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Installed mine
Very cool mod, really adds to the game!
Thanks for the cool witch

Nice! Thanks, man!

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

How do you get on this list to get one? Definitely want one!!!

You ask just like that, and I put you on the list

I've got about 30 right now to make before you, but when yours is ready, I'll PM you and let you know how to pay for it.

#864 6 years ago

Here's an updated list for everyone. I have some time right now, so I'm gonna go for it and try to get everyone done in the next few weeks.

Once again, if I missed anyone please let me know. Thanks!

FalconPunch
mrsomeone
eyeguypec
Soulrider911
Digimatt
Texasff78?
Defender
GGBGROUP
John_I
DorothyMacaw
rai
Whitenoise3000
Bearcat
Grateful_Pin
Wickerman2
Jmhin
Fluxy
bdaley6509
2manypins
Parsec
jq-pinner77
Spankey
cincyITguy
kledoux8620
MNPinner
Dragonboy
cigamkcalb
Frogman
brmorr
PtownPin

painted witches (resized).jpegpainted witches (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#872 6 years ago
Quoted from pcpskate:

I'm New to pinside could I please get on the list for the witch and red smoke what a awesome mod please I will pay up front thanks again

Yes. No need to pay up front. When it's ready I'll PM you.

Glad you like it.
Steve

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from flyt100:

Got mine a couple weeks back and it's perfect! Great addition to the game!

Awesome. Thanks!

#875 6 years ago

I made it work, but it's not easy. I cut the front wall into segments and installed on the left and right if the smoke mod. Then I cut a chunk off of the old well and superglued it to the left and right front wall segments to fill the gap. It really isn't designed to work with those walls, but I wasn't going to spend more on the back alley ones.

Yeah. Sorry about that. I didn't have access to those when I made it, so I just went with the "official" ones since they're in my machine. But you made it look great.

#876 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Mine is the best one you made. I feel bad for the others.
(But not really...)

Without a doubt, yours is the best one I have ever made. I stopped caring after that.

1 week later
#879 6 years ago

Hard at work, everyone. I actually had to make ten others before the list, but I finished those about a week ago. So I'm working on roughly 30 now, doing all the basic painting and then detailing them one at a time. That's gonna get mods to all of you on the list posted above really soon. So keep checking back.

download34 (resized).jpegdownload34 (resized).jpeg

#880 6 years ago

This is easily the worst part about making the mod. It makes a huge mess and will probably give me cancer. Hahaha. But I knocked a bunch of these out yesterday, so hopefully I won't be doing this for a while!

smoke sanding (resized).jpegsmoke sanding (resized).jpeg

#885 6 years ago

I hope you are making this worth your time because it appears more labor intensive than I realized. Thanks. I love mine.

It's definitely labor intensive, but it's been worth it to make something people like so much. And I think you can see the quality and time I've put into it when you see it in person. But I'm also trying to wind things down, because I want to make other mods.

Because I have other mods. Hahaha.

You have been warned...

#888 6 years ago

Ut ohh, this hobby is making me broke.

Because I know you've seen Lior's AWESOME Indy mod.

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The only QC problem with this mod is that the stickers aren't straight on the side of the box. That's really a bush league oversight, in my opinion.

I told you I've stopped caring.

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Your mod is so awesome I bought a couple.
Installed in 10mins.
Looks great. Can't wait to see what comes next

Glad they finally arrived!

By the way, I've been listening to your podcast and you guys are funny and really good (my vote would be a Crocodile Dundee pinball--no question). And for the rest of you, here's their link. You just have to get past their ridiculous accents.

http://www.head2headpinball.com

#901 6 years ago

Such a shame Wayne never made machine.
I would buy that pin in a minute mate.

Crikey!! I didn't know that pin (half) existed.

#902 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Please add me to the list if you are still taking names.

Will do.

1 week later
#903 6 years ago

Here's a picture of the Super Dooper LE.

I just started putting everything together last night for a whole lotta mods. I'll be sending a lot of these out by the end of the week, so watch your PM box.

2112112 (resized).jpeg2112112 (resized).jpeg

21121 (resized).jpeg21121 (resized).jpeg

#904 6 years ago

Here's a nice little review from Down Under, and an entertaining podcast to boot. Thanks guys!

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2017/09/04/episode-7-now-youre-a-man-man-man-man/

#908 6 years ago
Quoted from Metalthrashinmad:

Hi There,
This looks awesome, could you add me to the list please?

I will add you to the list, my headbanging friend. Glad you like it.

Steve

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Could you also put me on the list please. That is if sending the mod to the Netherlands is not a problem for you.

Not a problem for me at all. But it's $25.00 for me to ship it to you, and then another $25.00 for you to pay customs in the Netherlands. Just PM me and let me know if that's okay, and I'll put you on the list.

Steve

#912 6 years ago

Cool, Adam! Thanks. I appreciate it.

#917 6 years ago
Quoted from macci:

Please add me to the list as well...
(...if you do not mind shipping it to Germany; I am used to the shipping costs and import duties and taxes, so that would be okay for me)! Thx in advance!
Marc

I don't mind, Marc. Will do.

Quoted from flipout:

Sorry I waited add me to the list and where to pay up

No problem. I don't take any money until I've got one made for you, and then I'll PM you with a PayPal link. Figure about 4-6 weeks right now.

Quoted from rai:

Can you please put me back on the list?
My Woz purchase is back on track.

Yep. Good news for you!

Quoted from AFM95:

Hi Steve,
I PM'd you, but I assume posting can get me on the list as well. Thank you and what an amazing mod!

Thank you! I got your PM but I've been away from my computer all day. This works too.

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As someone that was quite skeptical of this mod (pretty expensive)

Expensive?!?! I'm on the low end of things like this. Have you seen how much the T-Rex is?!?! Hahaha. Trust me, for the amount of time and money and sweat I put into each of these, I should be charging WAAAY more!!!!

Anyway, I'm really glad you like it. And thank you for the pics.

Quoted from delt31:

The only suggested change would be to have her broom point the other direction (the brooms head should be pointing up by her head vs the current look - which makes it look like she is carrying a staff).

Regarding your suggestion, I actually thought of that a long time ago, but decided against it for a couple of reasons. One, the broom would still be visible when she disappears because she holds it higher than her hat. I didn't want to see it when she's down, so I didn't like that idea. But more importantly, I wanted her to match the actress on the game's video, because I wanted it to look like a smaller representation of what you're seeing on the screen when you look up. THAT witch has one hand on her hip and the other hand holding the broom with bristles down and the handle behind her, so I really wanted to do that. But I couldn't make it work because of the black poles in the back. (Remember, there is NO room in there, and this was a major problem when I was figuring it out.) So having her hold the broom in front was the best way to fit it all in there, and still make it look like the game's video witch (plus, she holds it with the handle up on the real footage during Fireball Frenzy, so I scored on that one too).

See. I told you all I thought about this for way too long.

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

Is it too late to get on the list for one of these mods?

Nope. Not just yet. (hint, hint everyone...)

I'll put you on the list.

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Interesting - I will look up more next time to see how she holds it but I like that idea. I did notice the red smoke in the video too which matches well obviously ; )
As for cost, that Jurassic Park Trex is INSANE. I wouldn't even considering spending that amount considering I could also buy a brand new xbox one or ps4. I'm just providing my two cents as everyone has diff thresholds for mods but I'm happy.

I'm just giving you a hard time.

#929 6 years ago

Thanks, man!! I'm glad you like it. Merry Christmas!!!

#934 6 years ago
Quoted from twindad:

Gouveia, can you please add me to the list? I'd like to buy the mod. Thank you!

Yep.

#935 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

OK I give!!! Please add me to the list as well...if I'm not too late.
This mod is too good to pass!

Say Uncle! Say UNCLE dammit!!

Thanks man. You're not too late.

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It's hard to believe that plastic shield made it past prototype and into production. The witch in that shield looks like some cheap prize you would win in a crane game. The new witch makes up for all of that and then some. Its like a whole different looking game with this as the centerpiece.
Considering the amount of creativity and work by hand that goes into designing and producing this mod, I would have to consider this a bargain by any measure. It's beautifully made, precise fit and easy to install.

Thanks John!!

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Dang.. I think I had one of the rare ones with a straight label too lol!

There are no rare ones. They've been crooked from the beginning. It was my fiancé's idea so we didn't have to make them straight every time (because slightly-off straight stickers would drive us both crazy!) Haha.

#949 6 years ago

Hello everyone!

Well, it looks like I am coming up on a year since I started this thing. That's pretty crazy. I just wanted to say "thank you" to everyone who bought the mod and had such nice things to say about it. I certainly didn't imagine it would be so successful when I started making it. That being said, I'm tired of making it. Hahaha. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to make anything else...and I want to make other things! I think a year has been enough time for people to get one if they wanted it.

So this is going to be the last run. I'm not saying that I'll never make it again, but if I do it won't be for a long while. If you message me before tonight, I'll put you on the list below. But after that, I won't be adding anyone else.

So here's the last group of people that I have on the list:

MSH1908
Slingshot
VidiotGT
Armouredhobbit
Donz1126
luckymoey
Metalthrashinmad
ronaldvg
macci
flipout
rai
AFM95
FlippyD
rviguet
SMSmith
msj222
RobertWinter
ShinyNick

Once again, if I missed anyone please let me know.

Thanks!
Steve

#963 6 years ago

Obviously, I missed a few people. Sorry about that. Sometimes I see this on my phone and I forget to add you guys when I get home.
Here's the revised list (9/20):

MSH1908
Slingshot
VidiotGT
Armouredhobbit
Donz1126
luckymoey
Metalthrashinmad
ronaldvg
drewski28
macci
flipout
rai
AFM95
FlippyD
rviguet
SMSmith
twindad
jrockne
msj222
RobertWinter
ShinyNick
PinballCharlie
finman2000
Pinzap
apinballwiz
DG_Amuse

1 week later
#972 6 years ago

Not much to update right now. I'm pretty busy at work, but when I can I've been cleaning up the original clay models to make more molds. More plastic arrived Friday, so I'll start the process again soon. I've got about 30 to make, so it's gonna be another big batch.

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Can I get on the list? Just got my WOZ! Thanks!

I haven't started making them yet, so yes you can.

That goes for everyone. You can still get on the list. But when I finish making the batch, the list will be officially closed. It'll take too much time to go back and just make a few.

#975 6 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

Add me to the list, have a buddy who has a WOZ and isn't on here so picking one up for him!!!

Will do.

#982 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I see how this works. If we want to purchase a second one and sell it for three or four times the original cost, just say we're picking it up for a friend!
I say you limit these to one per account. I hate scalpers.

You know, I never really thought about this but you make a good point. Everyone's been pretty cool about buying them. I've done a couple for a few people, and more than that for a few people overseas to lower the shipping costs, but I've never really considered other people making money off of them. I'd like to assume the best in people (especially on a day of terrible news), so I'll let it go.

But I'll also take this opportunity to say THE LIST IS CLOSED. Because seriously, if you haven't contacted me by now...

#983 6 years ago

Here's the list:

MSH1908
Slingshot
VidiotGT
Armouredhobbit
Kopeters
Donz1126
luckymoey
Metalthrashinmad
ronaldvg
drewski28
macci
flipout
rai
AFM95
FlippyD
rviguet
SMSmith
twindad
jrockne
msj222
RobertWinter
ShinyNick
PinballCharlie
finman2000
Pinzap
apinballwiz
DG_Amuse
Pball
Kopeters
knightgdg
Sammy31
DavidWatters
sbmania
brmorr
fnosm
BOB-G
TheArrrrrcade

1 week later
#996 6 years ago

Hey everyone!! Just checking in to let you know that I've been pretty busy with work, but I'm back in the garage again.

newbatch1015 (resized).jpegnewbatch1015 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1001 6 years ago

Back to my favorite part of the job, everyone. Hahaha. They’re gonna look great, so thanks for being patient.

5B324D00-F688-4930-A515-FD90F90E052F (resized).jpeg5B324D00-F688-4930-A515-FD90F90E052F (resized).jpeg

B4526B5E-1FC2-4746-ACE1-A851D3AF1B4B (resized).jpegB4526B5E-1FC2-4746-ACE1-A851D3AF1B4B (resized).jpeg

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

LOL Looks like your arm is going to end up looking like a wookie arm. But Dude, I hope your at least wearing some breathing protection.

Oh yeah. Definitely. It’s still a mess though.

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Well that sucks to miss out. Just got my WOz

I wouldn’t stress too much about it. A few people always drop or sell their machines and don’t want one anymore. If that’s the case, I’ll let you know. Just PM me so I remember.

#1006 6 years ago

Getting there.

86B102F1-29BB-4FF2-9B66-032B36BBEDC8 (resized).jpeg86B102F1-29BB-4FF2-9B66-032B36BBEDC8 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1009 6 years ago

I've decided to tackle this last batch in smaller amounts, because some of you have been waiting a long time. And honestly, if I do too many at one time I'll go crazy. So I'm doing 8-10 at one time. It's much easier for me to get them done this way.

Next up on the list:

MSH1908
Slingshot
VidiotGT
Armouredhobbit
Kopeters
Donz1126
luckymoey
Metalthrashinmad

I'll have these done in the next couple of days. So keep an eye on your PM box and thanks for your patience. Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

1,211 posts in this topic match your search for posts by gouveia. You are on page 1 of 5.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gouveia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/1?tu=gouveia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.