(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,605 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 133.
#851 6 years ago

Hes at least up to 200 by now.
Amazing work.

1 week later
#852 6 years ago

Just got mine installed this weekend and have to say this mod definitely lives up to all the hype. Amazing attention to detail. The well walls blend perfectly with the castle walls on my RR to make it all look like it should have been that way from the beginning. As others have said, after installing, the existing lighting and effects are much more pronounced both in lighting up the red smoke and the up-lighting on the witch. I feel like it even improves game play as I now actually notice when the witch comes up.

This is one of those mods (like the Palantir for LOTR), that once you see it/have it...you can never go back.

Thanks Steve!

#853 6 years ago

i see my witch in that pile smiling wickedly at me!!! pp sent!

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Just got mine installed this weekend and have to say this mod definitely lives up to all the hype. Amazing attention to detail. The well walls blend perfectly with the castle walls on my RR to make it all look like it should have been that way from the beginning. As others have said, after installing, the existing lighting and effects are much more pronounced both in lighting up the red smoke and the up-lighting on the witch. I feel like it even improves game play as I now actually notice when the witch comes up.
This is one of those mods (like the Palantir for LOTR), that once you see it/have it...you can never go back.
Thanks Steve!

Fantastic!! Thank you for posting that.

I also agree with you about gameplay. I think the witch rules are easier to understand when she's a more noticeable target. Plus, I just like lighting it up 'cause it looks cool.

#855 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Fantastic!! Thank you for posting that.
I also agree with you about gameplay. I think the witch rules are easier to understand when she's a more noticeable target. Plus, I just like lighting it up 'cause it looks cool.

Just an early adopter here rethanking you, and reconfirming to potential buyers this is a must have mod!!!

This really puts the Witch effect as it should be....the centerpiece of the game!!!

Handcrafted genius!!! As it should be, for a machine of this caliber....

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just an early adopter here rethanking you, and reconfirming to potential buyers this is a must have mod!!!
This really puts the Witch effect as it should be....the centerpiece of the game!!!
Handcrafted genius!!! As it should be, for a machine of this caliber....

You're not just a early adopter, you're numero UNO on the list!! Because of people like you, I'm able to do this. (I even made you glue it together-haha).

So thank you!!!

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

I got my red smoke mod and the Palantir mod both in the same week. It was a good week!

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

I got my red smoke mod and the Palantir mod both in the same week. It was a good week!

That mod is great! So is the Tron arcade cabinet. So is the T-Rex. Those mods, to me, are really creative and smart, and I'm sure they took a lot of time to figure out. So when you guys compare my witch to those things, I've gotta say, it's very cool. Thanks.

#859 6 years ago

Got some new workspace artwork at Comic Con a couple of weeks ago. Thank you, Ryan Claytor!

workbench (resized).jpegworkbench (resized).jpeg

#860 6 years ago

How do you get on this list to get one? Definitely want one!!!

#861 6 years ago

Installed mine

Very cool mod, really adds to the game!
Thanks for the cool witch

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Installed mine
Very cool mod, really adds to the game!
Thanks for the cool witch

Nice! Thanks, man!

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from brmorr:

How do you get on this list to get one? Definitely want one!!!

You ask just like that, and I put you on the list

I've got about 30 right now to make before you, but when yours is ready, I'll PM you and let you know how to pay for it.

#864 6 years ago

Here's an updated list for everyone. I have some time right now, so I'm gonna go for it and try to get everyone done in the next few weeks.

Once again, if I missed anyone please let me know. Thanks!

FalconPunch
mrsomeone
eyeguypec
Soulrider911
Digimatt
Texasff78?
Defender
GGBGROUP
John_I
DorothyMacaw
rai
Whitenoise3000
Bearcat
Grateful_Pin
Wickerman2
Jmhin
Fluxy
bdaley6509
2manypins
Parsec
jq-pinner77
Spankey
cincyITguy
kledoux8620
MNPinner
Dragonboy
cigamkcalb
Frogman
brmorr
PtownPin

painted witches (resized).jpegpainted witches (resized).jpeg

#865 6 years ago

Just jumping in to say that WOZ is still my favorite machine of all time and I have this mod on both of the machines I own and it is still the best mod of all time! Great job Steve!

#866 6 years ago

I'm New to pinside could I please get on the list for the witch and red smoke what a awesome mod please I will pay up front thanks again

#867 6 years ago

also would this mod fit on the modfather castle wall and witch well set cause it's different from the 75th anniversary set? cause I really need this looks so good

#868 6 years ago

I made it work, but it's not easy. I cut the front wall into segments and installed on the left and right if the smoke mod. Then I cut a chunk off of the old well and superglued it to the left and right front wall segments to fill the gap. It really isn't designed to work with those walls, but I wasn't going to spend more on the back alley ones.

IMG_2380 (resized).JPGIMG_2380 (resized).JPG
IMG_2381 (resized).JPGIMG_2381 (resized).JPG

#869 6 years ago

Got mine a couple weeks back and it's perfect! Great addition to the game!

#870 6 years ago

I am getting my 75th WOZ tomorrow. I assume this mod will work out seamlessly with the 75th correct?

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

I am getting my 75th WOZ tomorrow. I assume this mod will work out seamlessly with the 75th correct?

yes, same game....

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from pcpskate:

I'm New to pinside could I please get on the list for the witch and red smoke what a awesome mod please I will pay up front thanks again

Yes. No need to pay up front. When it's ready I'll PM you.

Glad you like it.
Steve

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from flyt100:

Got mine a couple weeks back and it's perfect! Great addition to the game!

Awesome. Thanks!

#874 6 years ago

Mine is the best one you made. I feel bad for the others.

(But not really...)

#875 6 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

I made it work, but it's not easy. I cut the front wall into segments and installed on the left and right if the smoke mod. Then I cut a chunk off of the old well and superglued it to the left and right front wall segments to fill the gap. It really isn't designed to work with those walls, but I wasn't going to spend more on the back alley ones.

Yeah. Sorry about that. I didn't have access to those when I made it, so I just went with the "official" ones since they're in my machine. But you made it look great.

#876 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Mine is the best one you made. I feel bad for the others.
(But not really...)

Without a doubt, yours is the best one I have ever made. I stopped caring after that.

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Without a doubt, yours is the best one I have ever made. I stopped caring after that.

#878 6 years ago

Thanks, I'm loving it.

1 week later
#879 6 years ago

Hard at work, everyone. I actually had to make ten others before the list, but I finished those about a week ago. So I'm working on roughly 30 now, doing all the basic painting and then detailing them one at a time. That's gonna get mods to all of you on the list posted above really soon. So keep checking back.

download34 (resized).jpegdownload34 (resized).jpeg

#880 6 years ago

This is easily the worst part about making the mod. It makes a huge mess and will probably give me cancer. Hahaha. But I knocked a bunch of these out yesterday, so hopefully I won't be doing this for a while!

smoke sanding (resized).jpegsmoke sanding (resized).jpeg

#881 6 years ago

I hope you are making this worth your time because it appears more labor intensive than I realized. Thanks. I love mine.

#882 6 years ago

I can't wait to get mine!

But please, don't give yourself cancer. That would totally suck.

#883 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

This is easily the worst part about making the mod. It makes a huge mess and will probably give me cancer. Hahaha. But I knocked a bunch of these out yesterday, so hopefully I won't be doing this for a while!

what exactly are you doing there?

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what exactly are you doing there?

sanding the smoke part level after casting.

#885 6 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

I hope you are making this worth your time because it appears more labor intensive than I realized. Thanks. I love mine.

It's definitely labor intensive, but it's been worth it to make something people like so much. And I think you can see the quality and time I've put into it when you see it in person. But I'm also trying to wind things down, because I want to make other mods.

Because I have other mods. Hahaha.

You have been warned...

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

It's definitely labor intensive, but it's been worth it to make something people like so much. And I think you can see the quality and time I've put into it when you see it in person. But I'm also trying to wind things down, because I want to make other mods.
You have been warned...

My poor, poor wallet....

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

You have been warned...

Ut ohh, this hobby is making me broke.

#888 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ut ohh, this hobby is making me broke.

Because I know you've seen Lior's AWESOME Indy mod.

#889 6 years ago

IMG_3390 (resized).PNGIMG_3390 (resized).PNG

#890 6 years ago

Your mod is so awesome I bought a couple.
Installed in 10mins.

Looks great. Can't wait to see what comes next

20170829_142719 (resized).jpg20170829_142719 (resized).jpg

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Installed in 10mins.

The only QC problem with this mod is that the stickers aren't straight on the side of the box. That's really a bush league oversight, in my opinion.

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The only QC problem with this mod is that the stickers aren't straight on the side of the box. That's really a bush league oversight, in my opinion.

I told you I've stopped caring.

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Installed in 10mins.

Glad they finally arrived!

By the way, I've been listening to your podcast and you guys are funny and really good (my vote would be a Crocodile Dundee pinball--no question). And for the rest of you, here's their link. You just have to get past their ridiculous accents.

http://www.head2headpinball.com

#894 6 years ago

Please add me to the list if you are still taking names.

#895 6 years ago

Can’t wait. Just pm me when to pay. It’s a one of a kind mod.

#896 6 years ago

Im still trying to figure out what special edition JJP woz has 11 witches!
Beez, i like the crooked label! Just tilt your head.

#897 6 years ago

040c670673ca8752f1da60ee7dbf3776 (resized).jpg040c670673ca8752f1da60ee7dbf3776 (resized).jpg

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Glad they finally arrived!
By the way, I've been listening to your podcast and you guys are funny and really good (my vote would be a Crocodile Dundee pinball--no question). And for the rest of you, here's their link. You just have to get past their ridiculous accents.
http://www.head2headpinball.com

This is as close as we will ever get!
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/crocodile-hunter-outback-adventure

The Super Dooper LE!

#899 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh snap I didn't save my box. I guess there goes the collector resale value as mine had a straight sticker

#900 6 years ago

Such a shame Wayne never made machine.
I would buy that pin in a minute mate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 6,605 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/18?hl=mnpinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.