(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,608 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by zermeno68
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WozCastleEdge-001 (resized).jpeg
Image2112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,608 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 133.
#801 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ut ohh, what have I started?
Ive always disliked the rope bridge plastic on Indy.
Was thinking forced perspective 3D bridge.
Thought id go big on mod dreaming.

That's a good one. Doesn't match the sunset behind it if you have the lost plastic. My whole back panel is backlit plexi, so that piece really stands out and gets in the way.

Keep 'em coming, Eric! We may have to start a new thread. Haha.

#802 6 years ago

My view for the afternoon. This part is the least fun and takes the longest, unfortunately. But I should have all of these cleaned up and ready to be painted by the end of the day.

download 2112 (resized).jpegdownload 2112 (resized).jpeg

#803 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I love that you guys hang around!

And I will say this. The glass has been off more often than not on my WOZ, because I've been working on other things that I think are really cool. So as long as people are interested, I'll keep coming up with stuff because I really enjoy it. Plus, now that I'm getting better with plastic, I can make a lot more things.

add me to the list that doesn't exist yet.

#804 6 years ago

Ive played a strange woz last night.
Whats up with monkey in back?
Have i seen 2 different ones? One plastic piece, flat 2d....have i seen a 3D monkey?
Could of sworn i have somewhere.

#805 6 years ago

Looks like it's time for a wax job and witch upgrade! Thanks Steve

IMG_7328 (resized).JPGIMG_7328 (resized).JPG

#806 6 years ago

Upgrade that witch!

#807 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Here you go.
Once again, if I missed anyone just let me know. I sometimes see requests on my phone and forget to put them on the list when I get home. --Steve
pinfaze
Frig-N-Ace
tbarker24
Zavadoza
mountaingamer
herg
billyd
thunder001
BR80
danisme
Pdxmonkey
ulmpharmd
baldric
podulj
flyt100
jkleinnd
Georgeh
Teknotoyz
Shicketmaster
OilGuy
Bobby
gentrsa
CaptMonkeyPants
bobbypin
robotron
dnaman
rubberducks
Chosen_S
adamgacek
TomT
thewolks
Gorgar123
FalconPunch
AckerApple
Pinzap
M055781
knockerlover
elf70

I do not see podolj on the list

#808 6 years ago
Quoted from podolj:

I do not see podolj on the list

You're about 7 away. Check again on page 15.

#809 6 years ago

I installed mine this morning, and I just wanted to say thanks for a wonderful mod. It looks great, and it was super easy to install.

One question. The witch's hat rubs the smoke slightly in the down position. What's the best way to adjust to avoid this?

#810 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I installed mine this morning, and I just wanted to say thanks for a wonderful mod. It looks great, and it was super easy to install.
One question. The witch's hat rubs the smoke slightly in the down position. What's the best way to adjust to avoid this?

Without seeing it, I would guess the bracket up and down her back can go a bit further back. Try loosening those two screws below her, and push it back as far as it will go. If it's just rubbing the front right corner, then adjust the screws on her back a bit and tilt her to the left.

Just to let everyone know, I put all of them in my machine and do my best to make sure they fit before I send them out. So hopefully, they're all going out the same.

Let me know how it goes. Glad you like it.
Steve

#811 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

If it's just rubbing the front right corner, then adjust the screws on her back a bit and tilt her to the left.

Yeah, that did it. I didn't realize how much play there was until I loosened those screws. You can really move her quite a bit just using the slop in the screw holes.

#812 6 years ago

Awesome! Yeah. You can move her around quite a bit between those four screws.

#813 6 years ago

3D Monkey...?

The "Wizard of Oz Pinball 3D Monkey Mod"... come on gouveia!!! You CAN do it!!!

#814 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

3D Monkey...?
The "Wizard of Oz Pinball 3D Monkey Mod"... come on gouveia!!! You CAN do it!!!

Is there any way a 3D monkey would fit in conjunction with the mechanism? I doubt it.

#815 6 years ago

You thought the witch space was tight? They've made it close to impossible to fit something in there. The plastic and the door are almost rubbing up against each other. But, I DO have an idea.

#816 6 years ago

I'm getting some assistance today.

IMG_5134 (resized).JPGIMG_5134 (resized).JPG

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I'm getting some assistance today.

What a bunch of bitches...errr I mean witches.

Also, the dog is not impressed.

#818 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

You thought the witch space was tight? They've made it close to impossible to fit something in there. The plastic and the door are almost rubbing up against each other. But, I DO have an idea.

Sign me up!!!

#819 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What a bunch of bitches...errr I mean witches.
Also, the dog is not impressed.

Totally not impressed. And actually not helping that much.

#820 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Can you put me on the list?

Not joking!

#821 6 years ago

Let's wait to see what I come up with first! Haha. Although I appreciate your confidence.

#822 6 years ago

You had me at: I have an idea.

Idea away, my friend! (and get that tentative list started )

#823 6 years ago

Just paid up, my wait will soon be over and the old witch-in-the-tube will get the boot.

#824 6 years ago

This new batch of witches are in what I like to call their Geddy Lee/Jim Carrey Mask phase. It's a lot of painting, but I'm getting there. And a Triple IPA helps.

Because hey...it's summer!

IMG_5161 (resized).JPGIMG_5161 (resized).JPG

#825 6 years ago

Mine arrived Monday and I installed it last night. What a fantastic high quality mod. Install was about 20 mins. If I had to do it again, would be 5 mins. Took me a little while to understand how the old witch comes out. Simply pull her up, she is on a threaded rod running through the motor. Turn the game on to get her in the up position, then pull up on her and she will slide right out.

I'm thinking about lighting up the back of her just a bit. If anyone is interested in a light back there let me know, would be tied to the same lights that currently light her in the front when she is active. Could be an orange or red light, maybe even white. I'll post a video when I get it up and running.

#826 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm thinking about lighting up the back of her just a bit. If anyone is interested in a light back there let me know, would be tied to the same lights that currently light her in the front when she is active. Could be an orange or red light, maybe even white. I'll post a video when I get it up and running.

I'd like to see a video of the effects of this, keep us posted if you don't mind.

#827 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine arrived Monday and I installed it last night. What a fantastic high quality mod. Install was about 20 mins. If I had to do it again, would be 5 mins. Took me a little while to understand how the old witch comes out. Simply pull her up, she is on a threaded rod running through the motor. Turn the game on to get her in the up position, then pull up on her and she will slide right out.

A little brighter illumination would be great as long as it doesnt shine in ones eyes.

#828 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I OFFICIALLY ENDORSE THIS MOD!! (of a mod, of a mod...)

I asked Rob (Lermod) if this was possible since so many people have the witch now. I've stared at this thing for many,many months now, and it's always bugged me a little that there's a shadow behind her when she comes up, because there's only one LED. I just didn't want to get into electricity and connectors and all that because I don't really know that much about it--especially on this machine. So Rob made me another LED cable that hooks into the existing one. It's a really simple addition and it definitely lights her up more. I don't know what his final version is going to be, but I can guarantee it will make the mod look brighter.

#829 6 years ago

Nice idea! I may do something along these lines this myself. Her brightness level does kind of bug me now as well... now that she looks amazing she needs to be the star!

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Nice idea! I may do something along these lines this myself. Her brightness level does kind of bug me now as well... now that she looks amazing she needs to be the star!

Haha. Yes. She is a mod, after all, so you work with what you get.

But you can really light it up if you want to and make it look like an explosion. It's pretty cool.

#831 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I OFFICIALLY ENDORSE THIS MOD!! (of a mod, of a mod...)
I asked Rob (Lermod) if this was possible since so many people have the witch now. I've stared at this thing for many,many months now, and it's always bugged me a little that there's a shadow behind her when she comes up, because there's only one LED. I just didn't want to get into electricity and connectors and all that because I don't really know that much about it--especially on this machine. So Rob made me another LED cable that hooks into the existing one. It's a really simple addition and it definitely lights her up more. I don't know what his final version is going to be, but I can guarantee it will make the mod look brighter.

I will work on something this weekend and post a video, day job and filling orders at night from pintastic has gotten in the way this week. Damn day job! I don't want to charge a lot for this as people have already paid for the great witch mod. But, it does require making a splitter and is a little labor intensive. The material cost of the mod won't be high, but it will be a little labor intensive. I'm thinking around $20-25 shipped would be fair, but let's see how it looks first on my game. Stay tuned...

#832 6 years ago

LOL, this this the first mod to a mod??

#833 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The red smoke whitch mod... it's so damn good, it has it's own mods. LOL

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Quoted from merccat:

The red smoke whitch mod... it's so damn good, it has it's own mods. LOL

Yes on both!

Anyway, I had some time free this afternoon so here is the light mod, compare to how it looks in your game. The red smoke is lit up entirely now, no shadows or dark spots. When the witch is lowered, the 3 smd LED strip remains lit for a second or two with the other witch flashers until the mode ends. My camera doesn't handle LEDs well, looks much less glaring in person. Takes less than 5 minutes to install. Strip is affixed to the bend in the mini playfield just behind the smoke and it easily feeds up through the playfield. Nothing to remove except the witch well and that comes right out.

If there is interest in the light mod, contact me. $22.50 shipped.

#835 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes on both!
Anyway, I had some time free this afternoon so here is the light mod, compare to how it looks in your game. The red smoke is lit up entirely now, no shadows or dark spots. When the witch is lowered, the 3 smd LED strip remains lit for a second or two with the other witch flashers until the mode ends. My camera doesn't handle LEDs well, looks much less glaring in person. Takes less than 5 minutes to install. Strip is affixed to the bend in the mini playfield just behind the smoke and it easily feeds up through the playfield. Nothing to remove except the witch well and that comes right out.
» YouTube video

Looks good and a fair price. Will it get in the way when you remove the castle mini PF?

#836 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Looks good and a fair price. Will it get in the way when you remove the castle mini PF?

It is affixed to the mini pf with double stick tape. If you ever need to remove the mini pf, just peel it off and apply new double stick tape, the existing tape may even still hold. It is not permanent in any way and you won't destroy the mod by removing it.

20170714_180309 (resized).jpg20170714_180309 (resized).jpg

#837 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It is affixed to the mini pf with double stick tape. If you ever need to remove the mini pf, just peel it off and apply new double stick tape, the existing tape may even still hold. It is not permanent in any way and you won't destroy the mod by removing it.

Just curious, what light is it tied in with?

Could you try some different locations for the light such as under the red smoke in the back? I feel with the way it looks in the video you can see the light strip through the smoke too much.

#838 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just curious, what light is it tied in with?
Could you try some different locations for the light such as under the red smoke in the back? I feel with the way it looks in the video you can see the light strip through the smoke too much.

It's tied to the flashers that light when the witch is active. As for placement, I tried different locations, but the smoke wasn't lighting fully. The best and fullest effect is where it's placed now, the smoke is fully illuminated. You only see the strip for a brief moment when she is lowered. Putting a light in during the production of the witch mod where it is facing up between the well wall and the smoke might be ideal, but not sure if the light would be spread evenly to the top.

Link to purchase the mod through our website...It's also in our pinside shop.

http://lermods.com/products/wizard-of-oz-pinball-led-strip-witch-smoke-light-mod-2435c97b-a78f-4c0a-87c3-405014c888c0

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes on both!
» YouTube video

Great idea. I do not like seeing the leds . I would like to see the LED lighting project up from the bottom...

#840 6 years ago

Yep - me too.... the mod is way too nice to have the leds showing, but I definitely like the concept.

#841 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Great idea. I do not like seeing the leds . I would like to see the LED lighting project up from the bottom...

Quoted from mountaingamer:

Yep - me too.... the mod is way too nice to have the leds showing, but I definitely like the concept.

I think adding more lights is a great idea, but only if it's artistically executed. I don't agree with the placement of this at all. If you add more LED's, they need to come from below the smoke. Also, if you light it too much, it takes away all the detail of my work and just looks garish and too bright. I spent a lot of time sculpting the mod to have a balance of shadows and light.

#842 6 years ago

Watching the video I have to agree as soon as that LED strip comes on all the depth and detail of the smoke is instantly washed out, light definitely needs to come from below, possibly two single leds one with side might work, will throw additional lighting but still allow for shadows to form.

#843 6 years ago

Making a lot of progress on the next twenty-five. Everything ends up on the washing machine, eventually.

witches (resized).jpegwitches (resized).jpeg

walls (resized).jpegwalls (resized).jpeg

#844 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Making a lot of progress on the next twenty-five. Everything ends up on the washing machine, eventually.

Dude, your clothes must smell really bad.

#845 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude, your clothes must smell really bad.

In my mind all those little witches come to life ar night and do his laundry for him... with a tad too much starch just to be evil!

#846 6 years ago

Done-zo! These were a bit of a challenge because I haven't done this many in quite a while, and my hand is still a bit jacked. They turned out great and I'm really happy with them. So thank you all for being patient. - Steve

download2112 (resized).jpegdownload2112 (resized).jpeg

#847 6 years ago

She's ready!
$ sent, excitedly waiting to install and admire

#848 6 years ago

Where am I on the list now? Should be almost at the top!

#849 6 years ago

How many of the mod have you made?

#850 6 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Done-zo! These were a bit of a challenge because I haven't done this many in quite a while, and my hand is still a bit jacked. They turned out great and I'm really happy with them. So thank you all for being patient. - Steve

Just noticed in your pic those two witches to the right of the one that is lite up, the one 2nd from back has the perfect amount of lighting on it.

Witches face is lighted and shows off your sculpt and paint work beautifully and the smoke is lite up perfectly creating shadows in your sculpt, the one at the front on the right of the one light up also has great lighting in the smoke loads of shadows and detail.

If a light mod could be made to create that effect then it would be a winner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,608 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.