(Topic ID: 170798)

Iron Maiden Sarcophagus Mod (List is Closed)

By gouveia

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,025 posts
  • 576 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bruce and Gus (resized).jpg
IMG_2703 (resized).JPG
gus (resized).jpg
image2 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
image3 (resized).jpeg
2de61ae30d02b614330fc304ad9a92a8 (resized).jpg
IMG_2586 (resized).JPG
IMG_2517 (resized).JPG
CEE741A9-1D3C-41A9-9F80-B4F74A24B6B4 (resized).jpeg
20220428_201216 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220420_131550_1 (resized).jpg
F2D7AD7B-C702-4AC5-9038-F10CEFBADE74 (resized).jpeg
7FBAB645-1D3C-49AB-8935-E6B791D97A3C (resized).jpeg
25F1DEF0-7F1B-444E-886D-60B214E108C0 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,025 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 121.
#6001 44 days ago

Please add me to the list, thank you.

#6002 44 days ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hey Aurich!
Thanks for such a nice post man! I don't know if you remember, but I met you briefly up at Chris' house years ago at a tournament. You were really helpful with some questions I had when I made my first witch. I remember calling you the hammer guy once I realized who you were, even though you've obviously done other things I learned about later. Very cool to see you making them again. They look awesome.

I do remember! I hadn't thought about that until you reminded me, but I totally remember it now. RIP OC League.

Chris is one of the OGs in the mod hobby, a lot of people don't know about his early contributions now probably. Like the alternate Twilight Zone clock housings. Maybe that day you were there you saw his molds for the 3D Scared Stiff slingshots?

I haven't seen him in years now with the pandemic and league ending, but I did talk to both Randy and Doug recently, so staying in touch with the ColorDMD family.

I don't really mean to throw shade at any mod makers. You don't have to apply for a mod license or something, it's something anyone with an idea can (and should) do. I can't and am not trying to gate keep anyone.

But ... compared to when I started doing them it sure feels different. Every new release gets a list of mods from full time makers the day a teaser video drops. There's pressure to do something every time when it's your job and not a side hobby. You get a lot of competition for the same ideas, sometimes 4+ versions of the same mod. And look, my new hammers are stupidly expensive and I'm not mad at people making money, just to be clear.

I guess I just want to call out the high-effort stuff that really feels transformative to me. This is 100% one of those.

#6003 40 days ago

Steve, just double checking you received my pm? Can you post (dare I say) an updated list....
As Aurich mentioned, I don't have a minty shadow yet, had a players game previously and will own one again, so I bought his art package, Same for Iron Maiden, the more I see Kieth's games the more I like them, and out of all of them Iron Maiden fits into my collection the best besides Godzilla which is just an awesome game all by itself!!

#6004 40 days ago

A list?!? What's that?

I got your PM and you're on the list. And I'm not going to post a list right now because it can get confusing, and some names aren't actually on Pinside.

But if any of you want me to confirm you're on it just PM me.

Thanks!

#6005 40 days ago

I found the list!

2de61ae30d02b614330fc304ad9a92a8 (resized).jpg
#6006 38 days ago

Finally,after a long journey #22 arrived...obviosly you can almost feel the the passion and the effort Steve put in it by the first touch.The amount of details and the vibrant hand painting simply put this mod just on another level.Moreover Steve is one of the coolest and more professional modder i ever met,everything was perfect from comunication to the packaging.Honestly we shouldn't call it "a mod" anymore cos it's a bit reductive,this Sarcophaguy got some soul in it.i'll repost some more photos once installed.Thank you Steve and Tricia for the marvelous job

image2 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#6007 38 days ago

It was a LONG journey.

Sarcophaguy's indeed got some soul. Gus is in Italy, everyone! Viva Italia!!

Thank you for the nice post and pics!

#6008 37 days ago

When Steve said this will make you play better I must admit, I didn’t fully understand .I have not got to the beast yet in owning this almost 2 years .That being said I’ve had 3 cards, minus Mummy, roughly a dozen times .Since I’ve installed Gus it’s like a big sign saying “hit me “. I’ve earned the Mummy card 4-5 times and just today had 3 cards (including mummy” when I drained on my last mode .That’s officially the closest I’ve got .Thanks again for your work Steve and it’s Fing going down soon !! Up The Irons!!!!

#6009 37 days ago

That's what I meant! It makes the target look WAY more appealing so you wanna keep hitting it.

It's Fing going down, Kev!! Up Your Irons!!

#6010 37 days ago

On list. Superb work as usual. Thanks Steve!

#6011 34 days ago

Gus No 38 in Canberra! And like the three Gouveia mods I already have on my WOZ, it is a magnificent piece of art

gus (resized).jpg
#6012 33 days ago

Fantastic!! Thank you so much!!

#6013 28 days ago
IMG_2703 (resized).JPG
#6014 25 days ago

Any luck on a version for the Pro?

#6015 24 days ago

Definitely. I've already figure it out (I think). It will look and act differently, but it can be done. I have to finish up these forty before I even consider it though, and then get some idea of how many people would actually be interested in a Pro version before I start spending time on it.

#6016 24 days ago

Please put me on the list for a future run.
I own a premium.
Thank you Steve!!!

#6017 20 days ago

I am intrested in a pro version!
Thanks!

#6018 20 days ago

If you make any more, please add me to the list.

thanks,

#6019 20 days ago

Please add me for a premium, if available. Thank you!

#6020 18 days ago

If the list opens up again I'd love to be in it for a premium.

1 week later
#6021 12 days ago

And...we're back!

I've been pretty busy painting and assembling these guys, and I'm getting close to finishing the forty. I've got about half of them ready to go, and the others will be ready soon.

So without further ado:

ccbigs007
xeneize
stuckey_t
wackenhut
jamieflowers
thekaiser82
J_pinz
MarklarD
ulmpharmd
matlynch91
bowz
PinCrush
calprog
pinb1
TonyVrd
Atlantis
wyopin
Fiddler
adamper
BlackTiePinhead

Your mods are finally ready! I'll be sending you info soon.

Thanks!
Steve
Bruce and Gus (resized).jpg

#6022 10 days ago

+1 if you decide to make any more.

#6023 5 days ago

Is it easy to install? Is there an install video?

#6024 4 days ago

It’s very easy to install. Comes with a QR code that links to a video. Effectively, remove 4 screws, put two back in and connect the replacement comet connector in the flasher underneath. Takes about 5-10 mins.

#6025 4 days ago

Yup. What Matt said.

The hardest part is me getting them out to the rest of you because they're pretty time-consuming. But I'll have more out soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 295.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
There are 6,025 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 121.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!