(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,602 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg
20231209_102646 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,602 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 133.
#501 7 years ago

Dear beelzeboob,
How am I going to enjoy my life without you once you get your mod?
Sincerely,
Steve

#502 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This thing is taking so long, I've had a brilliant idea:
Since I'm pretty high up on the list now, I'm selling my preorder spot for $300 to any of you unfortunates further down the list. Be one of the first on your block to own the coolest mod in pinball! PM me for Paypal info.

(Free bump to give Steve a kick in the ass...)

Beelz I can then sell you my spot for 400. PM me for PayPal info

#503 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This thing is taking so long .......

I'll gladly take your place in line and sell you mine for $437.13 including shipping.

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Beelz I can then sell you my spot for 400. PM me for PayPal info

Quoted from Half_Life:

I'll gladly take your place in line and sell you mine for $437.13 including shipping.

Both of you can go shit up a rope.

#505 7 years ago

If I added up all of the steps taken to make these, I guess I'm currently working on step #21 out of #27(ish). And that's just the witch.

Just a few more details to go, and every mod on the original list will be done and ready to ship. Thanks for your patience!

Steve

witches magnified 2 (resized).jpgwitches magnified 2 (resized).jpg

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

If I added up all of the steps taken to make these, I guess I'm currently working on step #21 out of #27(ish). And that's just the witch.
Just a few more details to go, and every mod on the original list will be done and ready to ship. Thanks for your patience!
Steve

Thank you!

#507 7 years ago

Would a 3D printer help to speed up production of the witch? You could even print her in black to save a step.

Just food for thought. Kudos to you on a terrific looking mod!

#508 7 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Would a 3D printer help to speed up production of the witch? You could even print her in black to save a step.

You shush! Those of us who care about quality are willing to wait for it.

Steve, keep on doing what you're doing and don't go all "Made in China" on us.

Now...who wants to buy my spot for $300?

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Thank you!

Yeah, I actually looked into 3D printing it, but after realizing the cost of digitally re-creating her, and having a company make the parts at a quality I like, I decided that it doesn't really save that much time or money for the amount I'm making. Molding the parts doesn't take that much time. It's the painting, sanding, washing, detailing, etc. that takes a few hours (especially the witch). And I can mold her in black if I want to, but painting her black is easier.

And honestly, I've made something I'm really proud of, and for a $7-8000 machine, I figured I'd make a piece of artwork that people want to put in there, as opposed to a computer molded piece of plastic.

#510 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You shush! Those of us who care about quality are willing to wait for it.
Keep on doing what you're doing and don't go all "Made in China" on us.
Now...who wants to buy my spot for $300?

Exactly.

And don't sell your spot yet, beelzeboob. Because all of these are going out this week.

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Thank you!
Yeah, I actually looked into 3D printing it, but after realizing the cost of digitally re-creating her, and having a company make the parts at a quality I like, I decided that it doesn't really save that much time or money for the amount I'm making. Molding the parts doesn't take that much time. It's the painting, sanding, washing, detailing, etc. that takes a few hours (especially the witch). And I can mold her in black if I want to, but painting her black is easier.
And honestly, I've made something I'm really proud of, and for a $7-8000 machine, I figured I'd make a piece of artwork that people want to put in there, as opposed to a computer molded piece of plastic.

I can totally respect that. You would definitely lose some detail and their's a lot to be said for hand made products.

Makes me wish I had a WOZ.

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Thank you!

That's how Matt does it at Back Alley. It's painstaking work, but that's why his work looks so good...and demands top dollar. Your work will fit in perfectly with his.

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's how Matt does it at Back Alley. It's painstaking work, but that's why his work looks so good...and demands top dollar. Your work will fit in perfectly with his.

Yeah. It shows. And that's another reason why I wanted to do it this way. I wanted it to look like it "fits" with everything else.

#514 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Yeah. It shows. And that's another reason why I wanted to do it this way. I wanted it to look like it "fits" with everything else.

I bought the BAC walls and tornado... you're right, super high quality.

Thanks for doing this for the community!

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

It's worth the wait
Got mine installed
Beautiful job gouveia

Why is everything purple?

#516 7 years ago

I'm missing from the list yet requested in post #456. Can I be put on the list please

Thanks

#517 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverbak:

I'm missing from the list yet requested in post #456. Can I be put on the list please
Thanks

No problem. Yeah, I missed a few people. Sorry about that.
Steve

#518 7 years ago

I've got all of the mods from the original list made, and almost all of them have been shipped. So I'm on schedule and they're really looking great. I'm looking to have the rest of your mods done by end of April.

Steve

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I've got all of the mods from the original list made, and almost all of them have been shipped. So I'm on schedule and they're really looking great. I'm looking to have the rest of your mods done by end of April.
Steve

Awesome!

#520 7 years ago

Steve, you're a machine!

#521 7 years ago

great mod, I saw it on you tube and left the suggestion that if the cloud were clear and lit from below you could have it lit up with a red led when attacking and then change to a blue led to indicate water melting the witch as it goes down?

wonderful model though, great detail, if i had a woz i would do that in a heartbeat

good luck!

#522 7 years ago
Quoted from stuartr7:

great mod, I saw it on you tube and left the suggestion that if the cloud were clear and lit from below you could have it lit up with a red led when attacking and then change to a blue led to indicate water melting the witch as it goes down?
wonderful model though, great detail, if i had a woz i would do that in a heartbeat
good luck!

The lighting for the witch is not part of the mod. The mod just happens to use the factory lighting fairly well.
To add additional colors of light would have been difficult and likely required an additional circuit controller tied into the game.

#523 7 years ago

Just checking in to let you all know I'm currently on a hunger strike until I receive my witch mod. I'm already down 17 pounds in the last 6 weeks.

So...hungry...

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just checking in to let you all know I'm currently on a hunger strike until I receive my witch mod. I'm already down 17 pounds in the last 6 weeks.
So...hungry...

If you also quit water for about 10 to 14 days we will be kind enough to remove you from the list entirely.

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If you also quit water for about 10 to 14 days we will be kind enough to remove you from the list entirely.

My wife has informed me that fat stores water. So I should still be good for weeks.

Wise ass.

#526 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The lighting for the witch is not part of the mod. The mod just happens to use the factory lighting fairly well.
To add additional colors of light would have been difficult and likely required an additional circuit controller tied into the game.

Thanks for the response. I didn't even know where to begin with that one. Haha.

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My wife has informed me that fat stores water. So I should still be good for weeks.
Wise ass.

I thought you died on page 10.

#528 7 years ago

And you should only have a few more days to go without food.

If you're not dead, that is.

#529 7 years ago

Might make a nice topper for his toumbstone though.

#530 7 years ago

Got the mod today. Installed it in under 15 minutes. Fired it up. Here's my two-word review:

Holy shit.

This mod is a transformative one on the level of the ramp lights on Tron. The fit and finish are spectacular...and it smells great, too!

I love that you have no idea the witch is there (unlike before). When you're playing, it's tucked in a dark corner. You don't even realize what it is until it fires up.

This mod is absolute genius. I bow down humbly before you, Steve, and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got the mod today. Installed it in under 15 minutes. Fired it up. Here's my two-word review:
Holy shit.
This mod is a transformative one on the level of the ramp lights on Tron. The fit and finish are spectacular...and it smells great, too!
I love that you have no idea the witch is there (unlike before). When you're playing, it's tucked in a dark corner. You don't even realize what it is until it fires up.
This mod is absolute genius. I bow down humbly before you, Steve, and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Hahaha! It DOES smell good! Hahaha.

Thanks, man. Very cool. Really happy you like it. Now go eat something.

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Holy shit.

I installed mine yesterday......Ummm, what beelzeboob said above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There really are no words to describe how perfect this is for the game, The original designers can learn from you.

Thank you so much Steve!

#533 7 years ago

OK beelzeboob let's see pictures installed.

#534 7 years ago

Steve

Quoted from pinballinreno:I installed mine yesterday......Ummm, what beelzeboob said above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There really are no words to describe how perfect this is for the game, The original designers can learn from you.
Thank you so much Steve!

Thanks, man! Appreciate it.

Steve

#535 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I'll try to take a couple tonight after work. Until then, free bump for a great mod. (But stunningly enough, mine looks just like everybody else's. )

#536 7 years ago

this mod still available ?

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Okay...did it before work...

20170328_074145 (resized).jpg20170328_074145 (resized).jpg

20170328_074253 (resized).jpg20170328_074253 (resized).jpg

#538 7 years ago

Hey, steve...my witch does a little quick wiggle when she's coming up...it's a quick side to side motion so it's not entirely smooth up and down. Are the guide holes too big? Or do you know what would cause that? No big deal, it's just not what I'm used to. Just wondering if anybody else has seen this.

#539 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...did it before work...

And holy crap! Please excuse the purple glow in the pics. That's the Pinball Bulbs kit with the backpanel blue strip - doesn't look nearly as purple in person.

#540 7 years ago

Wow looks great! Thanks

#541 7 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hahaha! It DOES smell good! Hahaha

Quoted from beelzeboob:

spectacular...and it smells great, too!

Bezzlebob...did you taste it, cherry flavored, surprisingly tasty too!

#542 7 years ago

posted a couple times about a month ago to be added to the list, but still haven't ever been added. Sent a PM, really want this as my well mod (from someone else) is broken, and this one is miles and miles beyond that other 'mod'

#543 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

posted a couple times about a month ago to be added to the list, but still haven't ever been added. Sent a PM, really want this as my well mod (from someone else) is broken, and this one is miles and miles beyond that other 'mod'

You made me really glad I decided not to get that well mod...

I would just like it to be known that my mod was installed before Schlockdoc's. So even after all the trash talk, I win.

#544 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, steve...my witch does a little quick wiggle when she's coming up...it's a quick side to side motion so it's not entirely smooth up and down. Are the guide holes too big? Or do you know what would cause that? No big deal, it's just not what I'm used to. Just wondering if anybody else has seen this.

The cutouts behind her aren't really meant to be guides. They should be clearing the two black posts. Most of the guiding is done by the black square of plastic with the two holes underneath her. I would make sure that that runs smooth without the witch on it at first. Then I would attach the witch and adjust the screws on her back to make sure she's straight, and the screws below her on the bracket to make sure she clears everything. That bracket moves back and forth a bit if you loosen it. It may just need to come forward a bit.

#545 7 years ago

Hey...

All you people.. Yeah you..

Stop asking gouveia questions.. Leave him alone so he can get back to work..

I'm WAY down on the list and I'd like to get my mod before I'm too old to play!

#546 7 years ago

My witch rubs her hat a tiny bit on the front edge of the red smoke.
It doesnt affect function at all. it just might wear the paint off in time.
Do I bend the shaft or what is the best adjustment for this?

On a side note:

My wife over the last 20 years only played pinball due to boredom when ever I played at home or in a barcade and maybe sipped wine a bit.

She was just thrilled when she helped open the box on the brand new WOZ.
She just loves the game, the colors, the lights, the call-outs etc. and plays it 3-4 nights a week, and has for 4 years now.

A few weeks back I bought Matt's sculptures to freshen up the game a bit for her.
She was thrilled and excited to see the new toys and felt it was a great addition to her game.

Last sunday I installed the Steve's new witch replacement.
She insisted in helping with the job, and to inspect every detail, and to wax the PF/clean the glass when done, to get rid of any of "my" finger prints etc on "HER" game. Tested the witch up and down and was excited to see it in play.

On the first game with the glass on, she cries out "Oh My God, The witch actually does things!!!"

She has played the game for 4 years and it hadn't registered in her mind, that the witch is a big part of the game, due to being big part of the story. She had never made the connection because she had never actually seen the witch, just a plastic can with an obscured thing inside. (and her average score is over a million!)

She said this addition has totally changed the game, in her mind everything has just "clicked", and it all makes sense now, and this game will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! leave my/her collection.

Thanks Steve for making us very happy. Thanks JJP for getting my wife involved in pinball, she now considers herself a "Pinhead" and participates in WOZ strategy discussions at pinball parties and has become a great player!

Steve Gouveia - Changing pinball/Changing lives...

#547 7 years ago

She's a Beauty. One in a million girls or should I say witch. No more TUBES for me.
Great mod Steve.

20170328_154306 (resized).jpg20170328_154306 (resized).jpg

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

My witch rubs her hat a tiny bit on the front edge of the red smoke.
It doesnt affect function at all. it just might wear the paint off in time.
Do I bend the shaft or what is the best adjustment for this?

You may just have to bend the shaft back a bit. The most important part of the whole mechanism is the long screw post going into the motor, so don't bend that. My WOZ was NIB so the everything was pretty straight. But now that people are starting to buy them used, things can get pretty bent. So between adjusting the screws, and bending the shaft, it should fit in there. Otherwise, if you do need to touch it up, I'm using Craftsmart flat black paint from Michaels. Cheap and easy to find.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Steve Gouveia - Changing pinball/Changing lives...

And Wowzers! Now that's a review. Thank you.

#549 7 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

She's a Beauty. One in a million girls or should I say witch. No more TUBES for me.
Great mod Steve.

Thanks, man! And great picture. I've never seen it in a RR yet. It really looks good.

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I'm WAY down on the list and I'd like to get my mod before I'm too old to play!

Loser.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

There are 6,602 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/11?hl=no_skill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.