(Topic ID: 170798)

WOZ Witch Red Smoke Mod $400 (List is closed)

By gouveia

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,597 posts
  • 668 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by gouveia
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2421 (resized).jpg
CmHwNohUYAAafej (resized).jpg
1_oA63oJ2qoBYiIQ4Wzy8YKw (resized).png
IMG_7019 (resized).jpg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpg
IMG_6968 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6807 (resized).jpeg
Red Smoke Witch Sphere (resized).jpg
IMG_1908 (resized).jpg
20231209_102916 (resized).jpg
20231209_102837 (resized).jpg
20231209_102834 (resized).jpg
20231209_102829 (resized).jpg
20231209_102646 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 132.
#5051 3 years ago

I’m sooo close to getting my witch!!! Getting excited. Looks like he’s at 70. I’m 73!

#5052 3 years ago

Sooooo close. So very close.

#5053 3 years ago

Here's a little topical reading for all of you while you're waiting. Turns out the Wicked Witch had a sweet, sweet crib.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9295397/Hollywood-home-owned-Wizard-Ozs-Wicked-Witch-hits-market-2-4-million.html

#5054 3 years ago

Another witch has found a new kingdom.
Much love to the creator !!

#5055 3 years ago

I’ll take the love, Wayne!

Cheers!

#5056 3 years ago

Where are we at in the list? ..Which page is the list on?

#5057 3 years ago
Quoted from masterfx:

Where are we at in the list? ..Which page is the list on?

The list in the key posts. Steve is around #70 now.

#5058 3 years ago

whenever a new list starts, 2 yrs, 3,4 put me on it. lol.

#5059 3 years ago

if anyone wants to sell me their spot on the list give me a holler =P

#5060 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

if anyone wants to sell me their spot on the list give me a holler =P

HAHAHA! good luck. I'm anxiously awaiting my witch (only 15 more to go) and you would have to pry it away from my dead body. Just sayin....

#5061 3 years ago

So glad I hadn’t experienced the Witch 2.0 in person. After patiently waiting mine arrived yesterday. 15 minutes later it was installed and I was amazed what this mod is and does for my WOZ. I would have gone crazy if I had known.
Only wish I could start the list for Flying Monkey 2.0. I would wait however long knowing what Steve’s artistry adds to an already fantastic game!
Thank Steve for your talent.

#5062 3 years ago

If a new list ever starts, I’d be in.

#5063 3 years ago

He can get to other 2.0 stuff after he does the munchkin huts.

Poor Steve...people will be hounding him for mods until his last breath. Must be nice to be loved!

#5064 3 years ago

Yeah Im looking for one too, if anyone has a new witch or crystalball mod and doesnt want it please let me know !

#5065 3 years ago
Quoted from paragon07:

So glad I hadn’t experienced the Witch 2.0 in person. After patiently waiting mine arrived yesterday. 15 minutes later it was installed and I was amazed what this mod is and does for my WOZ. I would have gone crazy if I had known.
Only wish I could start the list for Flying Monkey 2.0. I would wait however long knowing what Steve’s artistry adds to an already fantastic game!
Thank Steve for your talent.

Thank you so much! I'm glad the install was so easy and really glad you like it.

#5066 3 years ago

Got my Witch 2.0 installed along with my Crystal ball mod (yeah I’m slow). Both are absolutely stunning thank you!

Also while doing this I took a little trip down memory lane as I sifted through a coin box full of stuff I have removed from WOZ and replaced with various mods.

Only thing missing is OG witch... i seem to have lost track of her.

EF0B1C60-482D-4333-8570-CF2BCDB40364 (resized).jpegEF0B1C60-482D-4333-8570-CF2BCDB40364 (resized).jpeg

And yes, 1.0 there in the center will be available to a good home. As much as I still love it, she doesn’t deserve to live in a box.

#5067 3 years ago

Awesome! Glad you got the Ball figured out. And thank YOU!

#5068 3 years ago

Hey

71. Parker09
72. yort
73. SLRage
74. bobukcat
75. PinBackpacker
76. Thot
77. Oneangrymo
78. El_Tizzle
79. knightgdg
80. FalconDriver

It's time to get as excited as these two ladies! Your mods are ready. I'll PM you soon with info.

Thank you!
Steve

Two witches (resized).jpgTwo witches (resized).jpg
#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hey
71. Parker09
72. yort
73. SLRage
74. bobukcat
75. PinBackpacker
76. Thot
77. Oneangrymo
78. El_Tizzle
79. knightgdg
80. FalconDriver
It's time to get as excited as these two ladies! Your mods are ready. I'll PM you soon with info.
Thank you!
Steve
[quoted image]

Getting close! This will wrap up the trifecta (already installed monkey and ball). Pumped.

#5070 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hey
71. Parker09
72. yort
73. SLRage
74. bobukcat
75. PinBackpacker
76. Thot
77. Oneangrymo
78. El_Tizzle
79. knightgdg
80. FalconDriver
Thank you!
Steve
[quoted image]

Where'd you get THAT picture???

#5071 3 years ago

Deep, deep internet.

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Got my Witch 2.0 installed along with my Crystal ball mod (yeah I’m slow). Both are absolutely stunning thank you!
Also while doing this I took a little trip down memory lane as I sifted through a coin box full of stuff I have removed from WOZ and replaced with various mods.
Only thing missing is OG witch... i seem to have lost track of her.
[quoted image]
And yes, 1.0 there in the center will be available to a good home. As much as I still love it, she doesn’t deserve to live in a box.

Nice to see your post, don't think I've seen you here in a while...

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Hey
71. Parker09
72. yort
73. SLRage
74. bobukcat
75. PinBackpacker
76. Thot
77. Oneangrymo
78. El_Tizzle
79. knightgdg
80. FalconDriver
Thank you!
Steve
[quoted image]

Thought it would be a hint in this pic for the next mod!!

#5074 3 years ago

Quoted from apinballwiz:

Nice to see your post, don't think I've seen you here in a while...

Thanks for the thoughts! Yeah, I have been quiet lately. Busy with work, still trying to finish my degree and working around the house (trying to get enough of the wife’s wishlist done that I can get a basement remodel green-lit).

Non-pinball stuff like concrete, landscaping, fireplace refacing, cabinets, etc (boring lol - actually having fun doing all
that stuff too).

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He can get to other 2.0 stuff after he does the munchkin huts.
Poor Steve...people will be hounding him for mods until his last breath. Must be nice to be loved!

Please don't make the munchkin huts look like they came out of a playmobil set.....

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Please don't make the munchkin huts look like they came out of a playmobil set.....

Looking at “the other guys” huts, it makes me realize how insanely disproportionate they are compared to the house.

It’s almost like that lock cover needs a complete re-imagination. There’s gotta be something better to go there.

Time to get the collective brainstorm going

#5077 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Looking at “the other guys” huts, it makes me realize how insanely disproportionate they are compared to the house.
It’s almost like that lock cover needs a complete re-imagination. There’s gotta be something better to go there.
Time to get the collective brainstorm going

Yes...but the house is supposed to be spinning at the top of the tornado, which is smaller than the house in the game, so it's all a matter of perspective based on distance from the object.

Maybe.

#5078 3 years ago

Well, the outer orbit on the right side is the yellow brick road shot, and that Ball Lock area leads back to the emerald city, so logic would say that some kind of interesting yellow brick road mold would look great in that area. Would be neat if it’s somehow swooped down over the orbit opening and then lead back to the Emerald City… Seems like that would be better theme integration than those silly looking huts

#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes...but the house is supposed to be spinning at the top of the tornado, which is smaller than the house in the game, so it's all a matter of perspective based on distance from the object.
Maybe.

I upvoted this and I still have no idea what it means.

#5080 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

I upvoted this and I still have no idea what it means.

That's because it's barely in English. My point was everything is screwed up when it comes to scale. The crystal ball is the size of the house for Christ's sake.

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's because it's barely in English. My point was everything is screwed up when it comes to scale. The crystal ball is the size of the house for Christ's sake.

And the hot air balloon is smaller than the crystal ball.

#5082 3 years ago

Ohhhhh. Well my thoughts are that everything in it's "area" should be relative scale. It bugs me when it's not. Not just on WOZ but other games as well. Granted the witch's legs in the house should be smaller, but then you'd never see them. So that one can slide.

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Maybe.

You mean like, "the angle of the dangle is directly proportional to the heat of the beat?"

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

Ohhhhh. Well my thoughts are that everything in it's "area" should be relative scale. It bugs me when it's not.

That’s what I’m talk’n about. I know everything around the game isn’t to scale. But those giant huts next to the house seem a bit silly.

#5085 3 years ago

Not a fan of those new munchkin huts at all. Perspective is never perfect in a pinball machine but they just make the house look silly...

#5086 3 years ago

What is the normal behavior of the lighting for the 2.0 witch?

I get the flashing light show when she rises at the beginning of a hurry-up mode, and I get it again at the end when she lowers.

But during the middle, the lights go out and the only indication I'm in a witch mode is the audio and the witch is still up and visible.

I suspect I may have attached one of ther connectors wrong, but just wanted to confirm what the normal behavior is.

Should she be continually lit during the entire mode?

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

What is the normal behavior of the lighting for the 2.0 witch?
I get the flashing light show when she rises at the beginning of a hurry-up mode, and I get it again at the end when she lowers.
But during the middle, the lights go out and the only indication I'm in a witch mode is the audio and the witch is still up and visible.
I suspect I may have attached one of ther connectors wrong, but just wanted to confirm what the normal behavior is.
Should she be continually lit during the entire mode?

Once she is fully arisen the UV leds should be on to get that great effect of the UV paint.
Make sure the UV Leds are correctly plugged in/on.

#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Once she is fully arisen the UV leds should be on to get that great effect of the UV paint.
Make sure the UV Leds are correctly plugged in/on.

Thanks. It actually is working.

The UV light is extremely subtle and didn't notice it until you explained it.

#5089 3 years ago

Wow. Didn’t take long. Wish I could just have mine instead of seeing them listed at double the price.
ebay.com link: itm

#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wow. Didn’t take long. Wish I could just have mine instead of seeing them listed at double the price.

Probably someone who ordered two before others could get one. And then uses ebay to avoid getting called out.

It's not cool to those who want one, but it's really uncool to Gouviea. There are better ways to make a buck.

#5091 3 years ago

It's easy to figure out who it is on here who's selling that. Not many Pinsiders from North Smithfield RI. It's a royal dick move, but not surprising based on what I've seen lately from some in the RI contingent.

EDIT: Yep...took me 3 minutes to figure it out. And I was sadly surprised by the result.

#5092 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS: It's not cool to those who want one, but it's really uncool to Gouviea. There are better ways to make a buck.

You mean like ripping Steve's ideas off by making cut rate mods? That happens too...

#5093 3 years ago

Okay so I got my new witchy lady up and running. So many others have chimed in on how cool this puppy is so I’ll keep it short and sweet. It’s a freaking work of Art! Thanks for putting the tedious work into making this mod Steve! To me the UV light makes all the difference

#5094 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Probably someone who ordered two before others could get one. And then uses ebay to avoid getting called out.
It's not cool to those who want one, but it's really uncool to Gouviea. There are better ways to make a buck.

Honestly, I'm okay with it. I don't really have any control over what happens to these once they're gone. I've only sold two to a few people at most. And his story sounds legit. These are really shitty times for a lot of people, so if you need some cash go ahead and sell it. Just don't let me know about it. haha.

And I'm actually happy with the fact that it's going for more. That just means I did my job.

#5095 3 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Okay so I got my new witchy lady up and running. So many others have chimed in on how cool this puppy is so I’ll keep it short and sweet. It’s a freaking work of Art! Thanks for putting the tedious work into making this mod Steve! To me the UV light makes all the difference

Woohoo!! Thank you so much, man! Really glad you like it.

#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And yours is coming soon! It's one of those down at the bottom.

IMG_1314 (resized).JPGIMG_1314 (resized).JPG
#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from gouveia:

And yours is coming soon! It's one of those down at the bottom.
[quoted image]

Happy news indeed!!

Woot!

#5098 3 years ago

I think I can see a picture of mine! She looks like she’s getting ready to fly.

#5099 3 years ago

I believe I'm dead last on the list and I'm starting to see the lit red smoke at the end of the tunnel. I was really lucky to squeak in; I had just come off trail from a backpacking trip and the first thing I did was get on the list. Steve are you already thinking about what's next?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
13,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, NC
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 6,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-witch-red-smoke-mod/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.