woz.jpg
ww-skywarpani.gif
lol-no.gif
Moving-picture-treasure-chest-with-shi.gif
images.jpg
woz_photo.jpg
1.jpg
1890579_300.jpg

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago

That video is a metaphor for both game play and production.

Days away from the second coming of Christ. It's going to unbelievable! So much hype on this crawl of a journey. Everyone always hyped for the next big announcement/update and then it's another let down. Can't see this one being any different. I guess we'll have to hold on to the edge of our seat. Wish it wasn't so, but I'm not expecting anything earth shattering.

Good thing, Sterns most likely gonna counteract with an announcement soon. Seems to be the trend. At least that will be exciting.

#102 11 years ago

I heard that not only was the Lollipop guild upset with the negative connotations associated with Wizard of Oz, but that also being a widebody, none of them could reach both flipper buttons to play it.

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I heard that not only was the Lollipop guild upset with the negative connotations associated with Wizard of Oz, but that also being a widebody, none of them could reach both flipper buttons to play it.

I have no clue what you just said.

#104 11 years ago

It's a Little Person joke.

ww-skywarpani.gifww-skywarpani.gif

#105 11 years ago

Any idea where WOZ is scheduled to be seen next? I'm on the east coast and haven't seen any show or event hosting WOZ. I'm 100% sure it won't be at the White Rose pinball show.....

Maybe we have to wait until the demo model at iPlay america?

#106 11 years ago

With the way the ball speeds are going...JJP's next game will be Chess.

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

That video is a metaphor for both game play and production.
Days away from the second coming of Christ. It's going to unbelievable! So much hype on this crawl of a journey. Everyone always hyped for the next big announcement/update and then it's another let down. Can't see this one being any different. I guess we'll have to hold on to the edge of our seat. Wish it wasn't so, but I'm not expecting anything earth shattering.
Good thing, Sterns most likely gonna counteract with an announcement soon. Seems to be the trend. At least that will be exciting.

Can you guys be any more dramatic?

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It's a Little Person joke.

OH...I got it...

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I have no clue what you just said.

Quoted from eggbert52:

OH...I got it...

Oh come on, it was at least a little funny.

#110 11 years ago

JJP FB...

"*Pacific Pinball Expo Contest*

If you'll be at the Pacific Pinball Expo this weekend, send us a photo of you standing next to WOZ! Just post the picture on our Facebook wall, or Tag us in the Post, Jersey Jack Pinball to be eligible to win! 2 Lucky Winners will be chosen at random on Monday the 24th, and will receive a Signed WOZ Translite! Good Luck!"

woz.jpgwoz.jpg

#111 11 years ago

I, for one, welcome our new pinball overlords

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Oh come on, it was at least a little funny.

Jokes are the most funny when not everyone gets it.

#113 11 years ago

Anyone know if a WOZ will be popping up in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area?

#114 11 years ago

I went out with a midget once.....I was nuts over her!

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I went out with a midget once.....I was nuts over her!

LOL

#116 11 years ago

Bah rump bump

#117 11 years ago

Reminds me of a joke...........

A young woman buys a mirror at an antique shop, and hangs it on
her bathroom door.

One evening, while getting undressed, she playfully says, "Mirror,
mirror, on my door, make my bustline forty-four."

Instantly, there is a brilliant flash of light, and her breasts
grow to enormous proportions. Excitedly, she runs to tell her
husband what happened, and in minutes they both return.

This time the husband crosses his fingers and says, "Mirror,
mirror, on the door, make my pecker touch the floor!"

Again, there's a bright flash... and his legs fell off!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#118 11 years ago

I wondering if the snow globe/crystal ball thing means anything? Maybe inspiration for something on the pin? Kinda odd to have a clean desk minus one item.

#119 11 years ago

All these un Funny jokes. Is that from WOZ haters getting nervous?

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I don't think there are any true WOZ haters.

Sure some don't like the theme, and some don't like Jack's condescending attitude towards Stern, but I doubt there is any real hate.

Some time next summer WOZ will be completed and shipping - and it will finally all be over. Either JJP brings pinball back to the masses, or it doesn't. Either WOZ is the greatest pinball game in the world, or it isn't.

I'm prepared for whatever happens.

#121 11 years ago

This is starting to feel like when Axel Rose took 10+ years to release that last Guns n Roses album the whole time claiming it would be the greatest album of all time, just like Jack claims his pinball will be. We all know that no matter what, it won't be. Some will love it, some won't.

Jack needs to get something out so we all can move on to a number 2,3... Jack played this all wrong. He should have kept silent, made a machine, and surprised us all with it whenever it was complete. If he would have surprised all of us with his game, we all would have run to the bank to buy it. Even if it wasn't much different than what we've seen to date. By promising us all the moon and stars, Jack has no option but to fall short.

Thank you for forcing Stern to improve, Jack, but can we get on with it already.

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't think there are any true WOZ haters.
Sure some don't like the theme, and some don't like Jack's condescending attitude towards Stern, but I doubt there is any real hate.
Some time next summer WOZ will be completed and shipping - and it will finally all be over. Either JJP brings pinball back to the masses, or it doesn't. Either WOZ is the greatest pinball game in the world, or it isn't.
I'm prepared for whatever happens.

Nailed it.

Why would any true pinball enthusiast actually "hate" the idea of a new pinball manufacturer coming to market? Yeah, there are various things to validly criticize JJP for, but to just *hate* WoZ doesn't make sense. If JJP has had *anything* to do with Stern upping it's game in the last year or more, there is already reason to be glad that they are around.

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I think you are wrong about the jokes. I am one of the last people to hate on WOZ, I am really looking forward to the game!

I would like to think Jack, Keefer, and others are laughing at some of them, it's all in the name of fun. This is a message board, not a court house.

That said, I also heard that the emerald powder coating is actual emeralds. True story.

#124 11 years ago

all I know is my wife bought me one for our 10th year anniversary, been very excited and I think once this game is out the people that didnt jump on the bandwagon are going to be sorry. I am super excited for this game! I have bought 2 NIB Sterns, POTC and Tron and both have been great, fells like I got lucky with those 2 but I feel I am going to hit the jackpot with the gameplay of WOZ

Chris

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

all I know is my wife bought me one for our 10th year anniversary, been very excited and I think once this game is out the people that didnt jump on the bandwagon are going to be sorry. I am super excited for this game! I have bought 2 NIB Sterns, POTC and Tron and both have been great, fells like I got lucky with those 2 but I feel I am going to hit the jackpot with the gameplay of WOZ
Chris

Why would people be sorry?

According to Jack there will be 10,000 of em.

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Why would people be sorry?

According to Jack there will be 10,000 of em.

This is my stance too. For various reasons, that much money is a lot of money for me to spend on a toy. I am only going to buy 1 NIB/A-List every few years, and I won't do it on spec.

Jack has a much higher probability of getting my money, because I will get to try his game before I plonk down the cash. If Stern games are always unavailable to me because I won't pre-order, so be it.

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

I wondering if the snow globe/crystal ball thing means anything?

I think you just hit on the solution to the mystery!!! The witch's crystal ball is actually a snow globe that is activated by the shaker!

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I think you just hit on the solution to the mystery!!! The witch's crystal ball is actually a snow globe that is activated by the shaker!

I was not thinking that but I like it!

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

I heard a rumor that they are going to counteract JJP by targeting the following items:
1. Code installed in the game will be at least 75% complete within 3 years of release.
2. They won't use the line workers for callouts anymore.
3. They will increase QC testing of the built machines to a rate of 1 out of every 100,000
4. They will reduce the total machine weight by reducing toys, using thinner plywood and making all ramps plastic. Less metal is lighter!

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I would just like to see a level game, flippers at full strength, mechanical devices all working as will ship, tweaked showing exactly or close to how it will play even if software is not done and its the JJP logo the whole time.

I guess it didnt happen..

I really dont get why they didnt dial in the game.. first impressions are so important.. i would rather they had flippers breaking plastics then wet noodles.

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I really dont get why they didnt dial in the game.. first impressions are so important.. i would rather they had flippers breaking plastics then wet noodles.

I think wet noodles is a bit of a stretch, ask Jack if you really want to know. He seems to answer most questions. I have not asked because I expect the final product will be fine. He said they are medium.

#132 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I don't think that breaking the plastics would put potential buyers at ease, let alone people who will operate the games on location.

#133 11 years ago

Anyone catch this from their update…

New York City and we will have two Wizard of Oz Pinball Machines in booth #1683! For tickets, visit -

#134 11 years ago

I am looking forward to playing it on Friday! Great news..

EDIT: I think your post got cut.. this is referring to JJP having 2 games at Comicon NYC next month...October 11,12,13

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 91.00
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games
Pinball Machine
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-will-be-out-there-in-3-days/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.