You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

you_are_a_elf.jpg
IMG_3297.jpg
DSC_0078.JPG
MNGDATE.jpg
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I love my WOZ but I sure am getting tired of having to fix everything on it. Sure, would be a nice new pinball machine to run more than a month at 10 to 30 plays before having to fix one thing after another.

#2 10 years ago

fasten your seat belts...

#4 10 years ago

I have several hundred plays on mine and haven't had an issue. I don't count tweaking coil settings as issues which is really all I've had to do.

Why not list the issues you have had? What keeps reoccurring?

#5 10 years ago

When is the build date? Isn't yours post October? These things are hurting JJP and the way things are going right now I'm sure its like drinking out of a firehose.

They sure are getting a lot of practice on what not to do so hopefully later editions and future pins won't have these problems!

I feel lucky to have one that works without issue.

Like Tony says, buckle it up, here we go.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When is the build date? Isn't yours post October? These things are hurting JJP and the way things are going right now I'm sure its like drinking out of a firehose.
They sure are getting a lot of practice on what not to do so hopefully later editions and future pins won't have these problems!

What are the problems? It would be beneficial if the OP listed them for assistance from JJP or advice from fellow owners on here.

#7 10 years ago

I have not had any significant issues with my game. There have been occasional ball sticks but aside from a few software issues that will likely get fixed in future releases, my game has been very reliable.

#8 10 years ago

Oh, I am sorry guy's I did not mean to start a bonfire. Oh, my Rainbow lights are not working now. I had light issues, audio board issues and it just seems to keep going. I love my WOZ just get's frustrating when you fire it up that something has gone out. I feel like I fix it more than I play it. It the very reason I sold a Tron and Tempest Arcade games years ago. Every time you fired the darn thing up, the monitor wouldn't come on or the board went bad or the sound would go out. I will not give up on this machine as I love it when it works. I just get tired of filling out tickets, They take care of me that's not it. Jack is a great guy and I wish him the best. Again it's just frustrating.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Oh, I am sorry guy's I did not mean to start a bonfire. Oh, my Rainbow lights are not working now. I had light issues, audio board issues and it just seems to keep going. I love my WOZ just get's frustrating when you fire it up that something has gone out. I feel like I fix it more than I play it. It the very reason I sold a Tron and Tempest Arcade games years ago. Every time you fired the darn thing up, the monitor wouldn't come on or the board went bad or the sound would go out. I will not give up on this machine as I love it when it works. I just get tired of filling out tickets, They take care of me that's not it. Jack is a great guy and I wish him the best. Again it's just frustrating.

What is your build date? Hopefully they will be successful in the "fix" they are working in.

#10 10 years ago

Sorry to hear about your troubles. For whatever reason (perhaps just dumb luck), I have not had a single problem with my WOZ. Ironically, the only LED I've had go out is on my NIB STLE. Let me add that Stern responded quickly and is sending a new board, so I'm not concerned. Stuff happens.

#11 10 years ago

Sounds like a lot of Dumb luck is going around or maybe it's how they manufacture the luck. Look at the bright side, you're getting good at fixing the game. I guess that doesn't make any sense if you're having to repair it every 30 to 45 mins.

#12 10 years ago

I think the game is absolutely great. Each update has continued to make it better. My machine was built 6/6/13. The only problem I had was 3 bad single LED boards and to trim the pop bumper ring to keep it from touching the ball guide. Otherwise it has played perfectly. If the proposed 'fix' for the LED boards works, the game will be at the top in my opinion.

DSC_0078.JPGDSC_0078.JPG

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What is your build date? Hopefully they will be successful in the "fix" they are working in.

Not sure, I got in on the 3rd day of ordering, I'll take a look and see. I guess I should be grateful to have mine.

#14 10 years ago

"great full" lol

#15 10 years ago

Had mine a couple months now. I had a few small things when I got it since then it has been perfect and I love it. I hosted a tournament a few days ago and it was played non stop about 6 hours no problems at all. Great pin and it keeps getting better with the new software updates.

#16 10 years ago

3rd day, yep, so you are in the early troubled batch. Some have had terrible problems, others have gotten lucky. Either way, its a "pita" but looks like a fix is on the way.

Be nice to know the happy and successful stories as well.

#17 10 years ago

I've had 4 single RGB led boards go (2 this past weekend), the right playfield track guide was loose and fell off and the spinning house was rubbing against the munchkin land hut (not counting random resets, lost audio, VUK adjustments, etc). Build date on my machine was 6/27. JJP service has been fantastic though and the minor hassles definitely outweigh the fun I've had with the game. I'm glad I got in early and can't wait for the next code update.

#18 10 years ago

I'd prefer to purchase a machine where luck has nothing to due with the quality of the game I receive. I really don't think when the game was produced has anything to do with issues reported.

#19 10 years ago

I know I have the new light boards so no issues there as of yet, however I did have one issue with the castle doors. JJP was great and just sent a whole populated upper playfield, exchanged, and no further problems at all. That is amazing warranty service! I feel for those who constantly have issues but once you dial this game in I feel there is so much quality there in the actual parts this game will be solid in another 20 years plus! Sorry to hear your troubles OP

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

"great full" lol

Ok so my iPhone has issues too….

#21 10 years ago

MNGDATE.jpgMNGDATE.jpg

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

MNGDATE.jpg 110 KB

That's a pretty early game. Hopefully the bugs will be worked out for good soon! I think there are far fewer problems for games made October 2013 or later.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

That's a pretty early game. Hopefully the bugs will be worked out for good soon! I think there are far fewer problems for games made October 2013 or later.

I agree, and while this could be my imagination, it seems that August build dates has more issues then others...
I wonder if this is true, and a result of just people.
I have had 3 issues, all frustrating, but thankfully all resolved...lights, connectors, crystal ball.

Yet, the experience and the joy of this game stands tall in my pinball playing time.
Ill be honest, it doesnt kick my ass the way other games do, but never short a challenge, and always entertaining!

All my non-pin visitors play it first, and more often, so commercially, that speaks volumes.

Perhaps your issues will iron out, and be in the past!

#24 10 years ago

I feel really bad for you guys, every time you turn on the game you have to wonder right?

#25 10 years ago

Knock I wood, mine was born on 6/17/2013 and has been trouble free out of the box. Running 1.25, and older LED boards. Few ball searches with the flying monkey dropping the ball on the top mini Playfield and not ejecting another till a ball search but it happens maybe 5-10% of the time. I adjusted the spinning house so that the door swings all the way down with the witches legs, but with a few adjustments that's been trouble free as well. I'm prepared and probably just jinxed myself posting my non-issues...but thus far been very happy with my WOZLE. I hope everyone with their related issues will have a fix to resolve it soon. It's been a great pin added to my line up.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I feel really bad for you guys, every time you turn on the game you have to wonder right?

Is there a bridge missing a troll somewhere?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I'd prefer to purchase a machine where luck has nothing to due with the quality of the game I receive. I really don't think when the game was produced has anything to do with issues reported.

Well of course it does. They've corrected some things from the early runs. The current runs compared to the original runs use a different power supply, all reengineered light boards, have reset buttons installed on the CPU case (without these you can get into a state where you have to jump two pins to power up). There may be other changes as well.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

» YouTube video

At least when it plays its great, another year waiting on Metallica code? You have to wonder if it will ever get done right?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

At least when it plays its great, another year waiting on Metallica code? You have to wonder if it will ever get done right?

Sorry, but there is a HUGE difference between a stable hardware platform and unfinished software. If I were one of the unfortunate customers that had original/old power supplies, light boards, etc., I'd be really unhappy. Having subtle differences in the hardware complicates software development/testing, so while it's great JJP is improving it's hardware, it's really a bummer for the early adopters.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sorry, but there is a HUGE difference between a stable hardware platform and unfinished software. If I were one of the unfortunate customers that had original/old power supplies, light boards, etc., I'd be really unhappy. Having subtle differences in the hardware complicates software development/testing, so while it's great JJP is improving it's hardware, it's really a bummer for the early adopters.

I agree, obviously I was taking a jab at the Rusty Ball Troll. Smart ass stupid comments non stop.

Fortunately, and I feel terrible for the early adopters and the late guys that don't have theirs yet, but I've had virtually zero issues with my Woz, a couple of switch adjustments. So while JJP has a ways to go and they are improving hopefully every day, I'm thrilled with what I have. It's a great pin and an advanced hardware system. And there is a really HUGE difference from whatever else is out there.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, obviously I was taking a jab at the Rusty Ball Troll. Smart ass stupid comments non stop.
Fortunately, and I feel terrible for the early adopters and the late guys that don't have theirs yet, but I've had virtually zero issues with my Woz, a couple of switch adjustments. So while JJP has a ways to go and they are improving hopefully every day, I'm thrilled with what I have. It's a great pin and an advanced hardware system.

That's good to hear. I learned early in the hobby that ALL pins have issues. So learning how to diagnose/fix problems is a requirement if you have a larger collection and don't want to spend an inordinate amount of money on local pin tech visits.

It's actually one of the reasons I pulled out of my WOZ purchase…I wanted the dust to settle on the platform. I've gotten pretty good @ working on B/W, Stern, and DE pins and really don't have the motivation to add another platform to the mix.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I feel lucky too (maybe it's a TX thing) that my early game has only had one light board go out and zero issues other than that (knock on wood). We love it.

BSL

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

» YouTube video

Never actually. It's a great game and almost fault free.

The ones with problems are always the loudest voices.

BSL

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

Ding, ding, ding !!!

I think there are plenty of owners out there who have games with little to no problems. I'm not discounting those who do indeed have legitimate issues, but if you judge WOZ based solely on the people complaining, you're overall view of the game will definitely be warped.

#35 10 years ago

All you guys with zero problems. What about the metal shavings all over your playfield? What about the chipped or cracked clear coat around the castle VUK or TR hole? Have you had your game reset right in the middle of a game? Or lost sound after a couple ball searches? All pretty minor problems as they are fixed by a simple restart…so far. The chipped clear coat is a big deal.

My game was built 11/18/13. IMG_3297.jpgIMG_3297.jpg

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

BSL

And the quietest voices might be the ones who waited so long for delivery they squint their eyes a bit at the issues....

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Ding, ding, ding !!!
I think there are plenty of owners out there who have games with little to no problems. I'm not discounting those who do indeed have legitimate issues, but if you judge WOZ based solely on the people complaining, you're overall view of the game will definitely be warped.

I don't buy it. The OPS post wasn't "loud" at all. In fact, I think many collectors keep their mouths shut because they are concerned about devaluing their prized possession. I think frank, honest feedback about bugs/issues is goodness (and one reason I find Pinside helpful).

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

All you guys with zero problems. What about the metal shavings all over your playfield? What about the chipped or cracked clear coat around the castle VUK or TR hole? Have you had your game reset right in the middle of a game? Or lost sound after a couple ball searches? All pretty minor problems as they are fixed by a simple restart…so far. The chipped clear coat is a big deal.
My game was built 11/18/13.

IMG_3297.jpg 163 KB

None of the above. Sorry

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

None of the above. Sorry

Really? I was under the impression that everybody had their pop bumper rubbing on the metal lane guide. They must have two different playfield dies? Otherwise I can't explain why your pop bumper hole was drilled in the right position and mine not. Or maybe they moved the lane guide on yours?

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Brentslane:

None of the above. Sorry

Ditto. I am going to install Cliffy's this week to ward off some of the wear issues, but I have not had a single issue with the game so far. Not one.

Edit: and my pop bumper doesn't rub, but I am keeping an eye on it.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

but I have not had a single issue with the game so far. Not one.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think frank, honest feedback about bugs/issues is goodness ...

Who said it wasn't? I was merely pointing out that the problems with WOZ probably aren't as prevalent as the forum makes them seem. I wasn't in any way discouraging people from posting about their problems.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Really? I was under the impression that everybody had their pop bumper rubbing on the metal lane guide. They must have two different playfield dies? Otherwise I can't explain why your pop bumper hole was drilled in the right position and mine not. Or maybe they moved the lane guide on yours?

FWIW, I never had this problem on my game (very early build).

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

FWIW, I never had this problem on my game (very early build).

This is interesting. I will have to assume that the lane guide drill guy must be off on some games. There is no way pop bumper drill hole can be different as the die does not move. Maybe mine was a Friday or Monday build? LOL.

#45 10 years ago

I'd like to see a pic of the lower pop ring that is NOT rubbing. Would be interesting to see how it is different.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'd like to see a pic of the lower pop ring that is NOT rubbing. Would be interesting to see how it is different.

Yes , that would be helpful. I was able to remove and bend my lane guide and I don't believe I've had any rubbing since. I didn't find the metal shavings until someone on the WOZ group mentioned he had this problem. I usually don't really care much about playfield damage. The large clear chipping has me worried though. It makes me worry about potential weak clear issues in other places.

#47 10 years ago

Can we keep this thread to what a great game WOZ is? All the haters saw somone liking the game and ran over to this thread to complain and start a flame war.

#48 10 years ago

I feel for early adopters. I've been there myself with other products.

I'm really starting to consider a Hobbit (standard edition). I figure that since this will be JJP's 2nd game, and the 2nd iteration of that game (after the Hobbit LE's), that the Pin will be pretty solid by then.

#49 10 years ago

I love my WOZ and am really looking forward to the coming software update. I do think it's a great game already and will only get better with software updates.

#50 10 years ago

I give Jack credit for tossing everything but the kitchen sink in the first game, but he should have listened to the people that have to design and build these things. They all wanted something simpler for the first one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-what-a-great-game-i-think and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.