You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

176755-i.jpg
dotwoz.jpg
AngryBaby.jpg
wozwarranty.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

If you buy a HOU WoZ does the warranty transfer to the new owner?

#2 10 years ago

This has already been discussed in several threads. They are supporting games that have been sold in the exact same manner that Stern does. With Stern games, once a game is sold from one owner to another it is technically not covered under warranty, but they do provide the benefits of a warranty to that new customer because it is in the company's best interest to show that they support their products.

#3 10 years ago

Yes it is

#4 10 years ago

One woz post and we are talking stern already?

#5 10 years ago

yep they are supposed to be..

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

LOL

#7 10 years ago

Is this policy in writing?

#8 10 years ago

That's a great policy, one of the saving graces of Stern is their support, often far past the written warranty period.

#9 10 years ago

Go read the manual or believe the Pinsiders. They will support the game but the warranty is for the original owner, Reference is the WOZ manual. Go look for yourself.

#10 10 years ago

The reason for referencing Stern is because that is what most pinheads know and the fact that both companies have nearly the identical statement in their warranty that only the original owner is covered.

Quoted from pinstor12:

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The reason for referencing Stern is because that is what most pinheads know and the fact that both companies have nearly the identical statement in their warranty that only the original owner is covered.

The difference with Stern is most of the parts are available online so you have another avenue to get the parts, with JJP you are subject to the whims of JJP, if board 15 goes out and JJP doesn't send you a replacement then you are screwed.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

The difference with Stern is most of the parts are available online so you have another avenue to get the parts, with JJP you are subject to the whims of JJP, if board 15 goes out and JJP doesn't send you a replacement then you are screwed.

The Stern LED light boards are only available through Stern as far as I have been able to find.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Is this policy in writing?

No

JJP and stern both support new product regardless of original owner or not, but it is not in writing.

wozwarranty.jpgwozwarranty.jpg

#14 10 years ago

What Alex told me is the warranty technically is non transferable but they are not enforcing it.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

So, with your response, if JJP would happen to say "no" to a warranty question on their game, I can come back and claim "foul", look what Stern does? And vice versa?

Just saying it was a woz/jjp question, nothing to do with Stern's policies.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The Stern LED light boards are only available through Stern as far as I have been able to find.

That is why I said most parts, can I replace a light board in WoZ with an led and a socket like I can with a Stern?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

That is why I said most parts, can I replace a light board in WoZ with an led and a socket like I can with a Stern?

I don't believe you can do that with the color changing LED boards Stern is using. Eventually there will be aftermarket parts if there is demand/need. The more technology you put in a game the more likely the parts will be hard to source. It seems that the color changing LEDs are becoming the standard for pinball.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't believe you can do that with the color changing LED boards Stern is using. Eventually there will be aftermarket parts if there is demand/need. The more technology you put in a game the more likely the parts will be hard to source. It seems that the color changing LEDs are becoming the standard for pinball.

I haven't dealt with the RGB boards in Sterns yet hopefully the aftermarket led suppliers will be making these soon.
I had a single drop Stern opto board go bad and it was 90 bucks, that is a ripoff since there isn't 5 bucks in parts to make it.
I ended up repairing it, the part was 13 cents.
It's no wonder ops don't put these games on location anymore.

#19 10 years ago

It's pretty clear that the future of pinball is these trickier to repair/source boards. MMR is doing it, obviously JJP is, and if Stern isn't going full out they're at the very least probably going to have RGB LEDs on all of their Premium games from here on out. I can't see them not doing that after Star Trek.

#20 10 years ago

You must have missed the overriding of pg. 218. A solid thread I must admit. Here you go:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-huo-wizard-of-oz-le-pinball-machine-7000/page/3

#21 10 years ago

Enough already on this topic.

The game is covered when it changes hands. Period. End of sentence. Anyone else telling you otherwise hasn't a clue what they are talking about. If you buy a second hand game you are going to get support.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The game is covered when it changes hands. Period. End of sentence. Anyone else telling you otherwise hasn't a clue what they are talking about. If you buy a second hand game you are going to get support.

That's good to hear Alex. But you shouldn't act so frustrated, not everyone wades through the shitstorm threads to find that kind of info. And it clearly states the opposite in the fine print. So it's not like it's obvious.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Interesting. then why were you trashing this previous person that was looking to buy a NIB from an "unauthorized source"

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Don't buy. Not from an authorized distrib. No warranty

Hard to infer anything other than you were trying to scare them away with the fact they'd have no support? So much for "period, end of sentence."

Since you enjoy checking the post history on all non-believers, I figured you appreciate some of your own medicine....

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Interesting. then why were you trashing this previous person that was looking to buy a NIB from an "unauthorized source"

Hard to infer anything other than you were trying to scare them away with the fact they'd have no support? So much for "period, end of sentence."
Since you enjoy checking the post history on all non-believers, I figured you appreciate some of your own medicine....

I said don't buy from a non authorized dealer. Simple as that and it's still the truth. That's not medicine it's common sense. When you become a big boy, go buy a rolex from a gray market vendor then try send it in for service

Again enough with the trolling.

Quoted from Aurich:

That's good to hear Alex. But you shouldn't act so frustrated, not everyone wades through the shitstorm threads to find that kind of info. And it clearly states the opposite in the fine print. So it's not like it's obvious.

They only way someone would ask that question is if someone is whispering BS in their ear otherwise the assumption would be if its under the warranty period regardless of owner it's covered.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Enough already on this topic. The game is covered when it changes hands. Period. End of sentence. Anyone else telling you otherwise hasn't a clue what they are talking about. If you buy a second hand game you are going to get support.

"Warranty" and "support", are two different things, Alex. No doubt the game will get support.

Concerning the warranty, pretend a volunteer from the Mercedes or Polaris company, told you, you were covered by the original manufacturer's warranty as you were getting ready to purchase off the original owner, contrary to what the actual company warranty says. Would it make you stop and think?

No reason to get mad and insult others, just discussion.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Not too shabby, especially considering there are original owners that can't get support!

Lesson learned: always buy second-hand!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The game is covered when it changes hands. Period. End of sentence.

But not in writing.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

I said don't buy from a non authorized dealer.
Don't buy. Not from an authorized distrib. No warranty

Sooo
What does this mean?
Official warranty in print states original owner only.
JJP volunteer says he overrides that in other thread and game is covered. Period. Just trust us.
As long as it is bought from an authorized distrib?
My head hurts

#28 10 years ago

Trace,
Wow, slow day on PS or whuut?

#29 10 years ago

That's why you're zippydapinhead....

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut:

Trace,
Wow, slow day on PS or whuut?

Just thought I would ask a simple question.
Did you get that floor lamp up and running yet?

#31 10 years ago

Not honoring a warranty from a non-authorized dealer is pretty basic industry practice across any retail field. Hardly unusual that JJP would have that.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Not too shabby, especially considering there are original owners that can't get support!
Lesson learned: always buy second-hand!

Find me one? Find me someone with their game who isn't getting support when they need it?

This cesspool needs to be "moderated". At some point robin should come back. Because the mods pretty much do nothing around here but move topics to sub forums.

*** taps foot waiting for impending ban votes on that one.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not honoring a warranty from a non-authorized dealer is pretty basic industry practice across any retail field. Hardly unusual that JJP would have that.

Exactly... But you have to be careful auric. Too much common sense and intelligence around here makes you an outsider.

#34 10 years ago

Of course this begs the question; how is buying from a non-authorized dealer any different than buying the game second hand?

In both cases the game has had a previous owner, and the game is still being supported.

Or are employees stealing them and selling them on a black market of sorts?

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Find me one? Find me someone with their game who isn't getting support when they need it?
This cesspool needs to be "moderated". At some point robin should come back. Because the mods pretty much do nothing around here but move topics to sub forums.

You are an angry person. Lighten up

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

This cesspool needs to be "moderated".

AngryBaby.jpgAngryBaby.jpg

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Sooo
What does this mean?
Official warranty in print states original owner only.
JJP volunteer says he overrides that in other thread and game is covered. Period. Just trust us.
As long as it is bought from an authorized distrib?

Quoted from vid1900:

Of course this begs the question; how is buying from a non-authorized dealer any different than buying the game second hand?

In both cases the game has had a previous owner, and the game is still being supported.

Or are employees stealing them and selling them on a black market of sorts?

My point exactly, or does our buying from Jack direct automatically make us authorized resellers?

#38 10 years ago

Why is this question being asked on Pinside?

Obviously the one place to call would be Jersey Jack Pinball. They have a website, and a phone number right?
And a ticket/Q+A section?

Why waste time asking a bunch of trolls and armchair businessmen?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've asked this before, but never got an answer. How would someone who isn't an authorized JJP dealer actually get a WOZ to begin with?

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've asked this before, but never got an answer. How would someone who isn't an authorized JJP dealer actually get a WOZ to begin with?

Some can't and they get a STLE instead.

dotwoz.jpgdotwoz.jpg

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Everyone who disagrees with you isn't a troll.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Everyone who disagrees with you isn't a troll.

Correct. And then there is you which is in a completely different class. (Or lack thereof).

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Correct. And then there is you which is in a completely different class. (Or lack thereof).

Honestly, coming from you I consider it a compliment. So thanks

#44 10 years ago

Hey Robin, as a WOZ owner, Pinside is starting to suck. With every troll thread lately, it sucks a little more. Please, as the owner of this site, could you just start an "Official JJP Hate Tread" so these guys can just blow gas in there? It is all simply trolling.

And if you actually read this, I would quietly accept any punishment you see fit for saying it.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That is a horse of a different color indeed.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That is a horse of a different color indeed.

I would ask someone like JJ @ Gex. He is trying to figure out how these same guys get stern games too. They aren't distribs but are getting them and screwing the official distribs. Someone is selling to them and it's not cool.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I would ask someone like JJ @ Gex. He is trying to figure out how these same guys get stern games too. They aren't distribs but are getting them and screwing the official distribs. Someone is selling to them and it's not cool.

Well Stern knows who they sell their pins to, right? So I would assume that both Stern and JJP only sell pins to authorized distributors.

So if unauthorized distributors are getting pins, they have to be getting them from authorized distributors. Weird.

#48 10 years ago

A U T O M A T E D

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

What Alex told me is the warranty technically is non transferable but they are not enforcing it.

The warranty should recognize the obvious…pins change owners and the warranty is transferrable. Period. Explicitly stating that only "The original purchaser" will receive warranty coverage sends the wrong message from a company that 's trying to take the high road and establish itself. Odd.

176755-i.jpg176755-i.jpg

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hey Robin, as a WOZ owner, Pinside is starting to suck. With every troll thread lately, it sucks a little more. Please, as the owner of this site, could you just start an "Official JJP Hate Tread" so these guys can just blow gas in there? It is all simply trolling.
And if you actually read this, I would quietly accept any punishment you see fit for saying it.

Hey, I'm a WOZ owner too! Well soon anyways. According to the last update from my distrib, I will be around the end of this month. In fact, my WOZ is going on the boat tomorrow is what I was told last. How long do these boats take?

As for the negativity, what can I say say? What can I do? I tend to ignore the negativity myself, but I know it upsets a lot of people. I cannot start banning people on request, and frankly I have not been tracking all the crap topics lately. Most of my time goes to keeping the server running.

Your idea for an official JJP hate thread is not a bad one And I will make it so that it sends any post made to it straight to /dev/null (the recycle bin for all you windows users).

But seriously, if you have a good constructive idea how to reduce this negativity then please PM me your suggestions. I'm open to ideas!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-warranty-is-it-transferable and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.