Topic poll

“Should An Amateur Buy WOZ Or The Hobbit?”

• WOZ 85 votes
    72%
  • The Hobbit 33 votes
    28%

(118 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1565 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 2 years ago

I love and play my TH regularly, its fascinating and amazing.

My WOZ however gets way more play. People like it and what it has to offer is more apparent visually.

The TH has deep modes and is a shooters game, its not as easy to see what its about from the surface, you have to really play it to understand and appreciate it.

Both are excellent choices but for novice or beginner players the WOZ is exceptional.

My wife plays the WOZ every day and feels like she is mastering it. Prior to getting my WOZ she never played pinball or only showed a casual interest and I have several of the top titled games and am in on the AFMr.

She also likes the IJ and my Farfalla.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

WOZ is much, MUCH more difficult than The Hobbit.

WOZ is definitely a drain monster! I closed the outlanes to the easiest setting and that has mostly tamed it as well as added a few seconds to the ball saver. So I agree that it can be really tough.

TH, I just pretty much left it factory and I think its less of a drain monster by comparison. People love the easy, early beast multiball. Its setup really nice code wise.

Still however people are drawn in to the vibrant colors and dual upper playfields of the WOZ to the extent that they want to give it a try in spite of their beginner skill levels.

The other pins in my small collection that get a lot of play are MM and ToM.

That being said Im all in on the AFMr and I think the standard playfield width and vibrant colors and Martians will also be a hit in my home.

Plus I have wanted one for a long time

This has been my experience with the small group that might play my games.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

guess someone didn't buy WOZ when it came out.

I did and havent had any more trouble that any other pin I own.
I have over 5000 plays now and just put in a door motor, but it gets beat to crap and was expected.

JJP support as always is amazing.

In reality i have had more trouble with TZ, IJ, MM and ToM by comparison to tell the truth.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
$ 50.00
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 11,500.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside