Topic poll

“Should An Amateur Buy WOZ Or The Hobbit?”

• WOZ 85 votes
    72%
  • The Hobbit 33 votes
    28%

(118 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1565 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hang around for a bit; it'll get frosty in no time.

Freakin' noobs, man!

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hobbit has so many modes, so much music, so many video sequences....I don't feel like it falls into the usual "code issues" pile of games. Yes, 5 Armies needs animation on the book and I think there should be some kind of reward or indication that you've completed an Arkenstone mode ....but aside from a few minor things, this game is brimming with deep & cohesive gameplay.

Hobbit to me is "try to combo a shot, but oops, there's a popup head in my way" It's a troll or orc or goblin or whatever but I hate it, so I have to hit it, then get the ball back under control to make the next shot.

It might be deep but the design is uninspired. YMMV.

LOTR is epic for many reasons, including the fact that the movie theme is 10x better than The Hobbit. It's a rush when you stacking modes properly (I'm not talking stacking something ridiculous like 6 modes -- that's unnecessary in any pin) -- but starting Gandalf vs. Saraman, then Fellowship multiball to try to complete 2 at the same time. You get to Gifts from the Elves to cash in. Plus you can have Gollum waiting in case you drain to get a ball save and restart multiball.

It's an epic game and the perfect "long game of pinball" experience.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The game doesn't have a combo system & the beasts are something you want to shoot to get Multiball.
You can set the Beast difficulty so they don't pop up so much.

Yeah I just me combo as in the "flow" sense

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
$ 88.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside