(Topic ID: 161783)

WOZ vs. Hobbit (Owners of both only, please)

By DorothyMacaw

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ukpin65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago

This is a good thread,
I don't own either but I have a Hobbit Smaug on order.
My MMr arrived in January and I told my wife that's it now I don't need any more (have a TAF, TZ, CV and Getaway).
I sent my machines to a show and walked through the door and there was the Hobbit, brought there by Pinball Heaven UK. I fell in love, I wanted it, before I even played it, it was the most stunning thing I had ever seen.
Phoned the wife and she knows me well so she said just get it then!
I posted a review on Pinball Heaven's website saying how amazing I thought it was and next day got an email from the owner of Pinball Heaven saying thanks for the review and if you want one let's see what we can do.
I was straight on the phone and 5 minutes later placed my CV in as PX and he did me a good deal on The Hobbit.
We talked and I expressed my concerns as which is better of the JJP machines, WOZ or Hobbit.
To cut a long story short, I had read all the negative reviews on the Hobbit, all the rave reviews about GB and wondered if maybe WOZ is a safer bet than the Hobbit, my wife always thought it was great and she shows no interest in pinball other than liking my TZ more than any others even if she only has a go once in a blue moon.
I call to chat with Pinball Heaven and he says he has a woz and I am more than welcome to borrow it for a few months to see what I think(Top man!).
It arrives next week so I will be putting some time in on it and although I won't get much time on a Hobbit I have one coming so I feel I will know if I feel I have made the right decision.
I will add again when I have put some time on WOZ.
So thanks for staying through the pointless story so far but I've had a few beers (that's my excuse) and Hobbit/WOZ/GB has been on my mind since I did the deal.
I really feel The Hobbit will be great, something so stunning can't be bad surely?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 16.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ukpin65.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-vs-hobbit-owners-of-both-only-please?tu=ukpin65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.