(Topic ID: 161783)

WOZ vs. Hobbit (Owners of both only, please)

By DorothyMacaw

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

My 2 cents: I own a WoZ LE and have a Smaug on order. I like WoZ a lot and it will not leave my collection any time soon anymore (sold it before but had to get one back).

The Hobbit has a lot of potential. Really a lot. If they keep up the updates it will be an epic machine. The problem with it is that a lot of people do not get the game yet. That has been with a lot of new machines. The fact that they all ship with uncompleted code adds to that fact. How many times did we see a game almost destroyed on here and after some time and some updates being praised into the skies ? Nobody can judge The Hobbit as it stands now as nobody knows what it will be after each and every update that JJP will make for the machine.

Add the fact that very few players make good use of the big screen on a JJP machine. It gives a lot of useful information and insight in the game. We have to learn how to play the JJP games as they are fundamentally different than anything before it. It has a big screen and you need to look at it. Not like the DMD games on which you could see some animations and your score only. It is like the status info pages of a DMD game, but live as you play. This is especially true for WoZ. The Hobbit has an extra LCD on the playfield which makes it a little easier to look at while playing.

My opinion is that you should not sell the WoZ before you get any decent time on a Hobbit. Go find one and play it. The gameplay cannot be compared to WoZ, just as you cannot compare the gameplay of say a Star Trek against a Lord of the Rings. They are just very different games and what one person likes very much, another person can dislike. Nobody is the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-vs-hobbit-owners-of-both-only-please?tu=ronaldvg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.