Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Nokoro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Just curious if anyone has had the volume control board on their WoZ die. I was playing the other night with headphones plugged in and stopped to eat dinner. I left the game on. When I came back (after 30 minutes or so) the volume control was dead and I had no sound through the main speakers. Looks like the board just up and died for no real reason. I disabled the volume control board and sound came back through the main speakers.

Probably just a fluke and I'll buy another board from JJP, but I am curious if anyone else has had this happen or if there's a common component on the board that fails and can be easily repaired.

#2 1 year ago

In 4 1/2 years, yours is the first one in a long time I've run into. Thinking back, I can only recall one or two others.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

In 4 1/2 years, yours is the first one in a long time I've run into. Thinking back, I can only recall one or two others.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd. I always knew I was special. LOL!

#4 1 year ago

Maybe the headphones died?

#5 1 year ago

My volume is going in and out. It was intermittent at first and now is constant. The volume is low, especially the speech. I have a ticket in to JJP asking what to check. I already reseated all audio cables I believe. Can you tell me how to disable the board so I can try that?

#6 1 year ago

There is a tiny switch on the board inside the coin door.

#7 1 year ago

Heard back from JJP about my issue. It was the noise filter that went bad.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Maybe the headphones died?

All the lights on the volume board are dead so the board is definitely bad. Ordered a new one from Paul this morning...

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Heard back from JJP about my issue. It was the noise filter that went bad.

Had this issue as well and found it to be a connector inside the CPU cut a zip tie or two to get more slack and my problem went away. Fyi just in case the filter is not actually the issue

3 months later
#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

My volume is going in and out. It was intermittent at first and now is constant. The volume is low, especially the speech. I have a ticket in to JJP asking what to check. I already reseated all audio cables I believe. Can you tell me how to disable the board so I can try that?

I’m experiencing this currently, more frequent than before. During a game the music & speech go faint, sub seems out too, then comes back on and later will go off again,

Any suggestions as to this ? Boards, cable or filter?

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I’m experiencing this currently, more frequent than before. During a game the music & speech go faint, sub seems out too, then comes back on and later will go off again,
Any suggestions as to this ? Boards, cable or filter?

I would bypass the filter and see if that fixes it. It is easy to do, and if it works, just leave the filter bypassed. That's what worked for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.99
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
Machine - For Sale
Imperial, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bensenville, IL
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside