(Topic ID: 49292)

WOZ Video - New Modes / New Animations and 'Lights Out' ?, Oh my !!!!

By PinballSTAR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Wizard of Oz - New Modes, New Animations... all in the latest code update.

This is for the crystal ball stand up targets - You get all 4 targets (watch the new animation showing your progress), then put the ball to the spinner and into the crystal ball area and you get the 'Crystal Ball - Lights Out' multiball and 2x scoring mode... YUP the game goes DARK for the multiball !!! Just one of the many neat things you're going to see as the code continues to be released...

I apologize, I tried uploading the video here, but I guess it was too big so I posted on our Facebook Page - just go to keyword : PinballSTAR Amusements...

If anyone can link it to this post for simplicity, TY... I can't as it takes me to admin page automatically and that link won't work for everyone..

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#2 10 years ago

Thank you!

Anyone else receiving the error "Can't play this video" when attempting to watch the video using the Android Facebook app?

#3 10 years ago

Nice!!! Thanks for posting - when I purchase my Hobit I will be sure to order from you as your contributions have really helped resell the entire Jersey Jack experience again - well yourself and Pinchrome - thanks for what you guys do!

#4 10 years ago

The witch animation is really well done. Kudos to the graphics team on these animations.

#5 10 years ago

It's really cool! When you usually play 4 players, you wait around for your turn....NOW you have sooo much stuff to watch...

#6 10 years ago

Is this v 1.02 code?

#7 10 years ago

The lights out mode sounds really cool.

One of my favorite modes in Revenge From Mars is Hypno-Beam multiball which is a light out mode that is really dark and a lot of fun.

Before Tron was released Borg mentioned a lights out mode for Tron LE in an interview and it would only tuse the ramp lights for illumination in that mode. I don't think that made it in into the final code (at least I don't remeber ever seeing it when I played the LE).

I hope the line isn't too long to play WOZ with the new code at Allentown.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It's really cool! When you usually play 4 players, you wait around for your turn....NOW you have sooo much stuff to watch...

Yeah, I was struck by that same thing watching this SLIGHTLY OLDER video - and the stark comparison of what you can do on an LCD versus a DMD. I know when my non-pinhead friends are playing, they only have so much attention span watching the ball wizz around while they wait.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I know when my non-pinhead friends are playing, they only have so much attention span watching the ball wizz around while they wait.

Exactly! Now it's actually FUN to watch!
...or as Peter said...."I like to watch."

#11 10 years ago

Watching the video, I think there is little doubt (in my mind) that the WOZ gameplay will be incredible. However, watching the camera pan over to AC/DC ... the lights/colors on the AC/DC game just seem to pop more, no? WOZ looks dark in comparison. Additionally, I think Stern does a fantastic job (now) with the overall aesthetics of their games. For WOZ it's like each artist (for cabinet, playfield, backglass, lighting, etc) were all working in silos. The overall aesthetics for WOZ don't quite gel together in my opinion. Independently each element is amazing ... but together? Meh. Just okay.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Lights Out' multiball and 2x scoring mode.

Sounds like Black Out in Judge Dredd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-video-new-modes-new-animations-and-lights-out-oh-my and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.