• Latest reply 10 years ago by Indypin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

koolaid.jpg
IMG_5656.jpg
There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hard to believe any pinball fan would actually want LESS pinball makers in the world. I'm still amazed anybody else would step in to make machines in such a small market.
What's wrong with you people? Seriously.

It isn't really that many people that get WOZd up on these threads when you get down to it. Most peeps are pretty positive and/or stay on topic.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hard to believe any pinball fan would actually want LESS pinball makers in the world. I'm still amazed anybody else would step in to make machines in such a small market.
What's wrong with you people? Seriously.

Lighten up Francis.

The only thing "wrong" is people taking small comments to out of context extremes.
Now, back to the arts~

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Some people would be happy wearing WOZ underwear with skid marks on both sides.

Follow the yellow skid mark?

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Follow the yellow skid mark?

Pass~

#155 10 years ago

It's good to see someone getting the news out that this is a very fun Pin...I enjoy it tremendously....GI doesn't concern me ( I've got a 40w dimmable halogen in the ceiling right above the playfield, and run it @ about 40% ). So I like the intense insert lighting (think I paid $15.00 for it and I'm an electrician, so no big deal. I can say, however, that the GI is VERY active w the game, so I suspect it was never meant to be just a GI, functionality wise. RGB GI ...come on.....very nice!!
Really enjoy reading most of the posts, until it appears to get personal for some strange reason ( not sure what that sort of thing accomplishes).
WOZ will always be a polarizing pin, so if you like it buy it, if not, don't. I just highly recommend those that don't own one or haven't played 1.21 yet to give it a ( another) chance. It is a great pin, and if you're into the hobby, it would be a shame to not give it a fair shake. I play the crap out of mine, and enjoy it immensely . What that means to anyone else, I have no idea.
It was just good to see a positive review on a game I like as well...that's it...mark

#156 10 years ago

Well, the long wait is over, #81 is in route, shipped friday and should be here tomorrow! That's the kind of review I'm talking about.....

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Have you got your WOZ yet Pappy?

Nope. June 2011 order, hoping to get it before Christmas.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Check it out guys! John's Arcade just did a review of The Wizard of Oz pinball machine and to say that the guys are impressed is an understatement.

I know a dozen guys who rate woz poorly. Check it out! To say they are unimpressed is an understatement.

See how foolish your statement is?

Eventually, the supply and demand, will speak, nothing you can do about it. The game and demand, might be great, great it may not be. Time will tell. Greatness, or lack of, is not off of any one's personal review, IMHO.

#159 10 years ago

edit: double post.

#160 10 years ago

Hooray iceman44!!!! Great review!!! Sounds like a good weekend ahead....

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hooray iceman44!!!! Great review!!! Sounds like a good weekend ahead....

Can't wait MK! Sounds like you've been having a blast with yours.....its hard to believe its actually here, my kids won't believe it until they actually see it set up....

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, the long wait is over, #81 is in route, shipped friday and should be here tomorrow! That's the kind of review I'm talking about.....

WHAT? Sweet dude. I'm happy for ya.

#163 10 years ago

Trust me...you will love it as much as your kids...the last software update ( which I'm sure is already installed in yours) REALLY made the game crazy fun!!!...just wear a back protector...thing is VERY heavy!!! I'm excited for you.....mark

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congrats! How many days did you take off work

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Congrats! How many days did you take off work

This one is for you Iceman. Enjoy your vacation.

koolaid.jpgkoolaid.jpg

#166 10 years ago

Nothing better than a NIB pin and the time to set it up and flog it.

Pics or it never happened.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

I know a dozen guys who rate woz poorly. Check it out! To say they are unimpressed is an understatement.
Eventually, the supply and demand, will speak, nothing you can do about it. The game and demand, might be great, great it may not be. Time will tell. Greatness, or lack of, is not off of any one's personal review, IMHO.

Please make your own thread then about those people's video reviews instead of being disrespectful and calling me foolish. Jeez, just trying to share a video review.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

WTF? Your supposedly enlightening twisting of his statement doesn't even make sense. And where in the quoted posted did he use the word "great" or personally claim that WOZ was anything - good, bad, the secret to eternal life, the second coming of Barney...?

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, very impressive. Now that's amazing customer service!
I'm thinking we may see new code sometime between tomorrow and the end of the Expo.

Can you tell me the dates of the expo?

Pouvez vous me dire les dates de l'expo ?

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Can you tell me the dates of the expo?
Pouvez vous me dire les dates de l'expo ?

Starts today (Wednesday). Goes through to Sunday the 19th.

#171 10 years ago

Ok thank you

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We expect a full report by the weekend, iceman.

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

The "I know a guy" comment always reminds me of the scene near the end of Oceans 11, where Danny Ocean tells Benedict "I know a guy… Anybody pulls any job in the Western US, he knows about it ..."

Benedict's somber response is great ... "you know a guy..."

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sounds to me like you are trying to justify something that was done wrong by saying "they built it, so they know best". Total cop out.
The lighting on WOZ has the potential to be amazing. It sure isn't there now though. The insert lighting is currently way too bright, especially when you contrast it with how dim the GI lighting is. Overly bright inserts combined with very dim GI does not a "beautiful" lit game make in my opinion.

Yup. I agree with you Rob. I wonder if you could dim the inserts more (they'd still be colorful!) it would bring out the artwork and visibility of the playfield better. So far, the 3 options for insert brightness change it very little. As I mentioned elsewhere, I play in a moderately-lit room (not bright, but nowhere near "lights out") and the playfield is too dark.

BTW, I also had a chat with Alex to discuss the setup of my new WOZ, and Lloyd (and Lorenzo of Pinnovators) were also very responsive about a couple of minor questions/issues. Service is great IMO. (BTW, I have also always found Stern's customer service to be great as well--I'm not comparing here but appreciating!)

3 weeks later
#175 10 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

His reviews are so annnoying. He's like an excited toddler.

Lets See, all you do is go around and put down other pinsiders pinball channels, yet you never have the guts to do one yourself. With your big pinball collection, I would love to see you post some vids of your collection and your thoughts on the subject. It's not as easy as it looks, so I can't wait to judge yours and see how well you do. Are you up to the challenge? I think John does a great job! Besides, it sounds like you watch a lot of the YouTube pinball channels and then bash them on Pinside. Soooo, why watch them??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 175 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-very-impressive-review-from-johns-arcade/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.