Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DaveH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I meant, leave the 1.22 delta up too. It's a smaller/faster dl and you don't erase high sores etc. with the delta!

Zip file is there. Just change the URL for 1.23.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Zip file is there. Just change the URL for 1.23.

Yeah, I did that earlier. Might be easier for others to have a direct link, esp. when the latest delta has some noticeable bugs (like the lock light).

1 week later
#55 10 years ago

So what isnt done in the software? I have now a game on preorder !
Normal one since LE was out of stock here in EU.. (love the green one)

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

So what isnt done in the software? I have now a game on preorder !
Normal one since LE was out of stock here in EU.. (love the green one)

hopefully a lot.

Game needs Munchkin MB, Haunted Forest MB, Witch wizard mode, main wizard mode, integration of yellow brick road, callouts, callouts, callouts, inserts need tweaking so they are not flashing all the time, a way to earn an extra ball….etc…..

This may seem like a little(not really) but keep in mind that each of these needs to have LCD animations and lights synchronized and needs to be integrated into with existing code. Yikes.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This may seem like a little(not really) but keep in mind that each of these needs to have LCD animations and lights synchronized and needs to be integrated into with existing code. Yikes.

Exactly, they have made great progress so far with still yet quite a ways to go......should be amazing when done!

#58 10 years ago

I believe Munchkin multiball is already in the game which came with 1.22.

Anyone else think we will get a code update before Thanksgiving? Seems like a code update has been released every 4-6 weeks and we are in that time frame again

#59 10 years ago

Yes muchkin multiball is there. Worth quite a bit of points and makes it worth going for the first three to get to it

#60 10 years ago

hello,
you know when is the expected release of the next code?

bonjour,
savez vous quand est prévu la sortie du prochain code ?

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

hopefully a lot.
Game needs Munchkin MB, Haunted Forest MB, Witch wizard mode, main wizard mode, integration of yellow brick road, callouts, callouts, callouts, inserts need tweaking so they are not flashing all the time, a way to earn an extra ball….etc…..

I've earned extra balls by hitting the EB score (mine is at 100k) and as an award from the Wizard saucer. (running v1.22). So, that's 2 ways to earn an EB!

Yeah, pretty sure the next update will polish a lot of things. v1.22 was the first release that really began to tie a lot of modes together.

#62 10 years ago

I don't care when the next code is coming out. I've got my Xbox One to keep me busy for a while ... hopefully until I get my Hobbit in 2016. Or 2017. Or ...

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I've earned extra balls by hitting the EB score (mine is at 100k) and as an award from the Wizard saucer. (running v1.22). So, that's 2 ways to earn an EB!
Yeah, pretty sure the next update will polish a lot of things. v1.22 was the first release that really began to tie a lot of modes together.

I think the next update will do that as well.

I'm really hoping that Battle The Wicked Witch is in the next update. I think that having the ability to collect emeralds / diamonds (with hopefully some cool animations / call outs) combined with then being able to progress to wizard modes will really start to make WOZ feel complete.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think the next update will do that as well.
I'm really hoping that Battle The Wicked Witch is in the next update. I think that having the ability to collect emeralds / diamonds (with hopefully some cool animations / call outs) combined with then being able to progress to wizard modes will really start to make WOZ feel complete.

I'm not as eagerly waiting for this mode. The way WOZ has been kicking my butt, I wouldn't be seeing it for a long time anyway! But some better all-outs and video hints/info for things like the Haunted Forest modes and the various hurry-ups (what do they do, and how?) will be ool. There are already many good callouts in the game, but this type of deep game needs more!

The main (minor) things I hope to see soon are: OPTION TO DIM THE INSERTS FURTHER!, holding the status display on the screen until a flipper button is pressed or released, and changing the ballsave/eb insert color to orange.

#65 10 years ago

Hey Alex, are there any rumors of new code coming by Thanksgiving?

#66 10 years ago

No news for the update ?
It will be difficult for this week.

Pas de nouvelles pour la mise à jour ?
Ca va etre difficile pour cette semaine.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

No news for the update ?

#68 10 years ago

#69 10 years ago

Hoping to get my WOZ late next week so an update around then would be perfect

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Random awards or scoring thresholds are pretty weak ways to win extra balls IMO.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

No news for the update ?

I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully next week?

It sounds like 1.23 has caused some owners / operators some issues so hopefully 1.24+ will be released soon. I'm sticking with 1.22 until then.

#72 10 years ago

If there's only going to be one more update before Christmas, I'd rather wait for a big one to come out just before. 3 more weeks is no biggie!

#73 10 years ago

Were working on it . Have to do some extra testing as we are fixing bugs and adding new stuff.

Plus it's going to be a full update.

#74 10 years ago

A full update? There goes my grand champion high score I worked so hard to get...and I must say, the degree of difficulty on the machine goes up a couple notches when half your lights are out. Seems like my machine is always in Lights Out mode!

#75 10 years ago

Pm me a ticket number. I'll work with you to permanently resolve that.

#76 10 years ago

Hello alex,
can you talk about the content of the code 1.24 +?

Bonjour alex,
pouvez-vous parler du contenu du code 1.24+ ?

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Pm me a ticket number. I'll work with you to permanently resolve that.

PM sent.

#78 10 years ago

Thanks for the update Alex Looking forward to the next update!

#79 10 years ago

No I won't provide any info until it's released .

#80 10 years ago

I understand.
I just hope it will be before Christmas.
thank you alex

#81 10 years ago

Where is the 1.24 + code?
It may be 1.24 + + code now.
It is unfortunate that JJP communicates less.
I understand but it was one of their strengths.

#82 10 years ago

Lol. I'm sure its coming soon.

Alex did provide a couple updates for us and that's awesome

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Where is the 1.24 + code?
It may be 1.24 + + code now.
It is unfortunate that JJP communicates less.
I understand but it was one of their strengths.

We are communicating less? I'm here all the time answering questions. I just can't provide an exact day in which the code is coming but it is coming and i can tell you it will be a full not a delta.

#84 10 years ago

No worries.
We are all eager to see the new code.
This is probably our impatience that gives the impression of less participation.

Google group, one person talked about an exit code in a week (Finally, I believe)

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

We are communicating less? I'm here all the time answering questions. I just can't provide an exact day in which the code is coming but it is coming and i can tell you it will be a full not a delta.

I just think owners, including myself, are frustrated when they are left to speculate as to when their $6500 toys would be finished. I certainly feel for Jack's desire to not have specific dates posted but I would hope that he understands owners just want acknowledgement that they have concerns, wether that be wanting code updates or issues with owner's games.

Just saying.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I just think owners, including myself, are frustrated when they are left to speculate as to when their $6500 toys would be finished.

Agreed. I certainly hope the code is finished when my machine finally arrives in March or April or .....

#87 10 years ago

Having taken on several exceptionally large projects over the past three decades, I feel a lot of sympathy for JJP. Despite many years of experience, I still never manage to anticipate every obstacle and delay, and I therefore have often missed projected release dates despite working day and night. I do get the work done to a high standard, however, and I trust that will be the case at JJP as well.

#88 10 years ago

If you haven't gotten your WoZ yet, just think of those of us who have as your beta testers (if that helps).

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Agreed. I certainly hope the code is finished when my machine finally arrives in March or April or .....

you need to make a trip up north now that football is wrapping up. Im having a tournament on the 14th of Dec if interested

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

If you haven't gotten your WoZ yet, just think of those of us who have as your beta testers (if that helps).

Perfect! I like that idea!

Thanks to all the WOZ Beta testers. Keep up the good work!

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Having taken on several exceptionally large projects over the past three decades, I feel a lot of sympathy for JJP. Despite many years of experience, I still never manage to anticipate every obstacle and delay, and I therefore have often missed projected release dates despite working day and night. I do get the work done to a high standard, however, and I trust that will be the case at JJP as well.

I certainly understand the task before JJP. That being said if I was adding an addition onto someone's house and they asked when it would be completed I wouldn't just say "soon" or "we are working on it." I'm a grown up, tell me the truth. People are being told by JJP what the projected time is so it is not like the beans aren't being spilled somewhere up the line. I just don't know what prohibits them from being upfront.

I'd just like to hear about what is the biggest obstacle in coding the game: not to bust anyone's balls but just to get some insight into the task at hand.

Guess I'll have to wait for the Making of Oz DVD thats going out to all owners this holiday season.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

you need to make a trip up north now that football is wrapping up. Im having a tournament on the 14th of Dec if interested

Sounds like it is time to participate in one of your tournaments. Thanks for the invite.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Guess I'll have to wait for the Making of Oz DVD thats going out to all owners this holiday season.

1st I've heard of this....???

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

1st I've heard of this....???

I'm talking out of my ass.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I certainly understand the task before JJP. That being said if I was adding an addition onto someone's house and they asked when it would be completed I wouldn't just say "soon" or "we are working on it." I'm a grown up, tell me the truth. People are being told by JJP what the projected time is so it is not like the beans aren't being spilled somewhere up the line. I just don't know what prohibits them from being upfront.
I'd just like to hear about what is the biggest obstacle in coding the game: not to bust anyone's balls but just to get some insight into the task at hand.

Taylor,

I happen to agree with Jack's stance on this. In my opinion he gets slammed whatever he says. If he says "A" then a very vocal group starts screaming. If he says "B", another group starts screaming. And if he says "C" everybody starts yelling. I would say it is almost a poison environment, and with that understood, the only option is to not say anything, which then riles up others. It is a lose-lose proposition either way, so in my opinion, keeping quiet is the least damaging option. They have been really good with the software updates. For a little while there, they were coming monthly. And it seems a few bugs crawled in as well. One of the bugs in 1.22 caused machines that sat turned on for a long time to not be able to start games (as in games on location). The "quick fix" they tried added other bugs. I am just assuming they learned a lesson from that, and are doing much more extensive testing before releasing software. You or I may be totally fine getting the latest software that might contain a bug or two, but the larger customer base of JJP cannot accept that, and it would do extensive damage to JJPs reputation to release it with major unfound bugs that might impact operators ability to keep the cashbox getting filled.

Dave

Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'm talking out of my ass.

Me too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-v123-out-now/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.