• Latest reply 10 years ago by StevenP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9806.jpg
crystalerror.jpg
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Yeah, here's one I got a chance to capture.

Yes, this tends to happen once in a blue moon upon powering on the game, requiring the game to be powered off/on again to correct the Crystal Ball. Not sure why - perhaps Keith can elaborate.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from c2scanada:

Glitches with the crystal ball. System messages appear occasionally

I seem to have this happen about every 6th time I boot the game. I only get the 4D Systems splash screen and nothing else until I reboot.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Actually, tilt warnings are by default "per game" and not "per ball" so this may be confusing people. There's no way that one person's tilt warnings affect another person's.

Any reason for the default of 'per game' for tilts?

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Any reason for the default of 'per game' for tilts?

Yes, to encourage less abuse. It's also semi-subtly more strategic. When is the best time to use my warnings for my one great save?

#55 10 years ago

Yes, to encourage less abuse. It's also semi-subtly more strategic. When is the best time to use my warnings for my one great save?

and then to put a pop in the outlane, you guys are sadist!!!

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

and then to put a pop in the outlane, you guys are sadist!!!

I actually got one kickback into the playfield to date with the balloon pop. So it is possible, but rare.

Also, it seems like if you get the skill shot, the rollover lanes (or at least the lights) are inactive for several seconds. Not sure if it's intentional or not.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I actually got one kickback into the playfield to date with the balloon pop. So it is possible, but rare.
Also, it seems like if you get the skill shot, the rollover lanes (or at least the lights) are inactive for several seconds. Not sure if it's intentional or not.

I've had a ball pop up through the outlane as well as a couple hit the center post and come back up through the flippers. There is no way I can complete those targets without nudging. I went into settings and saw that it was two warnings per game and thought I must have fd it up when I was in settings before so I set it to 2 warnings per ball and I still tilt out 1 ball a game. I do have my tilt set tight but figure if you are going to have a tilt mech in the game it should be used.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I've had a ball pop up through the outlane as well as a couple hit the center post and come back up through the flippers. There is no way I can complete those targets without nudging. I went into settings and saw that it was two warnings per game and thought I must have fd it up when I was in settings before so I set it to 2 warnings per ball and I still tilt out 1 ball a game. I do have my tilt set tight but figure if you are going to have a tilt mech in the game it should be used.

I tweaked the balloon bumper switch a bit to make it more sensitive, which helped. Sometimes the ball would barely roll off of the skirt and drain after some hits--now it pops properly on each hit. Nudging helps with both outlanes--maybe move the tilt bob down a bit?

#59 10 years ago

I was tilting constantly just off the State Fair bumper. I removed the tilt bob completely. Still tilting. Set it to 10 tilts per ball. No problems since...

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I tweaked the balloon bumper switch a bit to make it more sensitive, which helped. Sometimes the ball would barely roll off of the skirt and drain after some hits--now it pops properly on each hit. Nudging helps with both outlanes--maybe move the tilt bob down a bit?

I think it's a pretty fair tilt for my games, I usually keep them really right.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I was tilting constantly just off the State Fair bumper. I removed the tilt bob completely. Still tilting. Set it to 10 tilts per ball. No problems since...

You were tilting just off the stick? Youch, poor WOZ.

#62 10 years ago

Here's a pic of my playfield during Fireball Frenzy, note that there are no blue shots to be made. Also during Lollipop Munchkin mode I shot the pulsing shot and solid shot and then there were no more shots indicated that I could tell. Anyone else having similar issues.

IMG_9806.jpgIMG_9806.jpg
#63 10 years ago

Just a small suggestion, increase the amount of high game scores displayed. Got all the room in the world to show them, why not have ten or twenty scores on display?

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Here's a pic of my playfield during Fireball Frenzy, note that there are no blue shots to be made. Also during Lollipop Munchkin mode I shot the pulsing shot and solid shot and then there were no more shots indicated that I could tell. Anyone else having similar issues.

IMG_9806.jpg 3 MB

Yeah, when Fireball Frenzy gets stacked with other modes it is hard to find the blue lit shot especially since it changes every 10 seconds or so whether you make the shot or not. The blue diamond insert is not very big and does not stand out among all the other lighting especially with Munchkin modes. I find myself playing a "where's Waldo" game of scanning the playfield for that little blue diamond. When you're in a multi-ball trying not to drain its near impossible to find which shots to hit.

#65 10 years ago

fireball frenzy wasn't stacked with anything. This was just after the mode started, no blue insert.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

fireball frenzy wasn't stacked with anything. This was just after the mode started, no blue insert.

I have noticed that when the target switches from one spot to the next the blue slowly fades out to orange from one insert then slowly fades into blue in another with a momentary second or two with no clearly blue shot visible on the playfield. Also I have to scan the playfield looking for the shot so it is sometimes hard to verify whether there is no blue shot or I just can't see it. If you're asking if I have verified that through a whole fireball frenzy mode that the blue shot never showed up then the answer is no.

#67 10 years ago

When I started FF there was No blue insert at all, it was very strange. Same game I had the issue with nothing happening after I made the two shots on the the lollipop mod. I might be missing something on he lollipop mod but the FF glitch was definetly a glitch unless I have a board going bad.

#68 10 years ago

Did the blue insert ever show up or just didn't start up right away? You might want to go into the lighting test mode to make sure you are getting red, green, and blue from each insert. I have not heard of just one led colored bulb going out on a board but it is conceivable since each one consists of 3 leds together. If the blue led went out would the other two colors go too?

#69 10 years ago

The blue never showed up. I thought about a single color going out as well but that seemed a bit odd.

#70 10 years ago

Just played with no issues. I also checked all inserts for blue and they all worked. It really does seem like some sort of glitch. If it happens again ill shoot a video with everything going on in the game.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Just a small suggestion, increase the amount of high game scores displayed.

I would appreciate having more high scores displayed also. It would be great if there was a selection at the beginning of the game for home environments. For example, when you start you can select from Pro, novice, or guest and get different difficulties and leader boards.

#72 10 years ago

Taylor, if you could provide a video at some point, that would be great.

#73 10 years ago

I played at least 10 games tonight and had no issues.
I started FF several times and had no issues with a lack of blue inserts.

I am recording my games on WOZ hoping for a bug game to share so will have video if it happens again.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I would appreciate having more high scores displayed also. It would be great if there was a selection at the beginning of the game for home environments. For example, when you start you can select from Pro, novice, or guest and get different difficulties and leader boards.

+1 on this

I think more high scores and up to 10 letters would be really nice.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

+1 on this
I think more high scores and up to 10 letters would be really nice.

Call me old school but I like seeing just 3 letter high score initials and 3 or 4 high scores plus a grand champion.

#76 10 years ago

I just placed my ECLE WOZ on location last Thursday, and updated it to 1.22. Just last night my location owner called and said the game would add credits, game is on one credit for a dollar and 6 credits for $5, but wouldn't start a game. Customer would press the lit green credit button but nothing would happen. Location owner decided to unplug and then plug the game back in again and everything was fine after that. Not sure why he didn't use the switch, but hey, it worked. Anyone else run into this issue?

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You were tilting just off the stick? Youch, poor WOZ.

I don't nudge to hard, that was just with the State Fair pop going and me nudging straight back and forth. I picked up a SWE1 the other day and the tilt bob bracket was bent slightly so the bob wasn't centered. I'll look at WOZ and see if I'm in a similar state there.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Call me old school but I like seeing just 3 letter high score initials and 3 or 4 high scores plus a grand champion.

+1

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I just placed my ECLE WOZ on location last Thursday, and updated it to 1.22. Just last night my location owner called and said the game would add credits, game is on one credit for a dollar and 6 credits for $5, but wouldn't start a game. Customer would press the lit green credit button but nothing would happen. Location owner decided to unplug and then plug the game back in again and everything was fine after that. Not sure why he didn't use the switch, but hey, it worked. Anyone else run into this issue?

I just had a similar issue--went into switch test mode because my shooter lane switch is flaky, doesn't activate until well after the 'click' is heard, so I bent it further and it registers now, barely. Closed the coin door while still in switch test mode, opened, exited test mode, re-closed, and the game would not start up on free play even though display was normal. Had to reboot to fix it.

Also, as a follow-up, the top lane lights definitely are inactive for several seconds after making the skill shot, even though the lanes still register and will increase the bonus multiplier.

1 week later
#80 10 years ago

I think that it will be fine to desactivate the mini playfield flippers when there is no ball in mini playfields.
The switchs to indicate the ball position can reactivate flippers when it´s needed.
The pinball machine will be à little bit more quite..

#81 10 years ago

We discovered a problem that we fixed and are releasing tonight related to not being able to start games. So, sometime this evening 1.23 will be available for download. It may alleviate other weirdnesses, too. The more games went through attract mode, the worse the problem could potentially get.

#82 10 years ago

We discovered a problem that we fixed and are releasing tonight related to not being able to start games. So, sometime this evening 1.23 will be available for download. It may alleviate other weirdnesses, too. The more games went through attract mode, the worse the problem could potentially get.

Excellent! I had this happen twice this afternoon and I was just about to report it as a 1.22 bug.

Any chance we could get the status screen to stay on for as long as the flipper button is held? I LOVE the map and seeing my progress, but it disappears WAY too fast for me to get a good overview of what I need to do next. Being able to keep it on would be great for helping to explain to guests what they should be doing next too.

#83 10 years ago

How does the release version numbering work. Does version 2.0 mean its completely done?

#84 10 years ago

There is no correlation between version numbers and code completion at this time.

1.23 will be packaged and released either tonight or first thing tomorrow morning. Since a. 1.22 full is available I will do this as a baseline delta so it will be real small.

4 weeks later
#85 10 years ago

I'd love it if you could implement Daniel's idea from the owners group forum.

Basically add a setting for Toto ball save so the Monkey can grab the ball after auto-launch.

That would deliver the ball to the flipper if the monkey gets it, add some excitement for those watching, and if it doesn't make it all the way to the Monkey... the ball would make it down under the house playfield.

No more running out of time / draining due to pop bumpers.

And if people like it without Monkey grab they can leave it that way in the settings.

Thanks!

Bob C

1 week later
#86 10 years ago

Keith,

My daughter has requested an Apple tree / apple fight multiball

I suppose pop bumper hits would be the focus?

Thanks!

Bob C

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Keith,
My daughter has requested an Apple tree / apple fight multiball
I suppose pop bumper hits would be the focus?
Thanks!
Bob C

This would be a nice mode; it's not that easy to get and keep the ball in the pops, but single shots are easy.

A crazy scoring rule would be to reward single pop hits (which can be direct shots from either flipper to the rightmost pop), but reduce jackpot or shot points for multiple successive pop hits (when the trees have you 'captured' and bouncing around, being pelted by apples...)

I also hope the Weak Flipper crystal ball mode will someday be subtitled "Poppyfield Mode," with appropriate video/graphics.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

This would be a nice mode; it's not that easy to get and keep the ball in the pops, but single shots are easy.
A crazy scoring rule would be to reward single pop hits (which can be direct shots from either flipper to the rightmost pop), but reduce jackpot or shot points for multiple successive pop hits (when the trees have you 'captured' and bouncing around, being pelted by apples...)
I also hope the Weak Flipper crystal ball mode will someday be subtitled "Poppyfield Mode," with appropriate video/graphics.

Actually a right loop shot feeds the pops pretty well. Id say easier than single shots but make sure capture isn't lit otherwise it's not making it past the monkey mag

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Great!

I am hoping for more from my yellow brick road advances, either rewards, user defined at 25, 50, or user defined,
Or select your reward from a user defined menu...points, modes, or something else?

#90 10 years ago

ok dont own the game (Atleast not yet) but isnt the rainbow ball drain mode way to hard? Toto looks great. But a 4 part mission and spell rainbow correctly? Looks like a great mode the first 20 time, after that i think alot people let the ball drain? Its a great idea but i think it looks waaaay to long (OK if its hard, but make it hard and short then!)

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

ok dont own the game (Atleast not yet) but isnt the rainbow ball drain mode way to hard? Toto looks great. But a 4 part mission and spell rainbow correctly? Looks like a great mode the first 20 time, after that i think alot people let the ball drain? Its a great idea but i think it looks waaaay to long (OK if its hard, but make it hard and short then!)

Keith just recently said that the entire TNPLH mode is going to have difficultly modes down the road as well as a timer.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

It's actually a cool challenge, with the shots/stages getting less difficult as you progress (which increases the choke factor!) I look forward to TNPLH and try to get/complete it always. It's a satisfying mode that's a nice part of the game.

Although it's technically a ball-save mode, why think of it differently than any other non-stacking pinball mode where you have to hit certain shots to complete? The only differences are that it is clearer to see what you need to hit than most modes (because the other pf lights are out) and that other shots don't score during this mode. And the shots in this little "drain mode" still have more variety than, say, any mode in the new ST game....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

13,000 (OBO)
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 24.50
$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-v122-glitches-and-suggestions-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.