(Topic ID: 122429)

WOZ v. The Hobbit on location

By jungle

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I just wondered whether you had any views on this. I know pinball is only starting to make a bit of a comeback on location. But let's leave cost of new machines aside. Which machine is likely to earn more on location ? By most accounts WOZ has done well but will the hobbit get into more locations in the first place ?

#2 9 years ago

Being an owner of a WOZ I would say that the Hobbit would do better simply because it is a more modern theme (with the movies having just come out) and would appeal to a wider audience that would likely play pinball machines.

#3 9 years ago

Yep, agree. Hobbit is more likely to appeal to the pinball playing demographic.

#4 9 years ago

I think these games from JJP appeal more to the casual player, so I wouldn't worry about trying to draw in that guy that will go out of his way to play a pinball machine. Either game will work in getting play from the casual player. In fact, I hope to place Hobbit right next to WOZ and see just which one has the most staying power. WOZ is a great earning pin, though IME it does take more maintenance than a newer Stern these days.

Unless the location owner is a pinball guy, most people won't care one way or the other if you bring in a Hobbit or a WOZ just so long as it remains in good condition, doesn't create problems for the location, and earns its keep.

#5 9 years ago

Good post Brian. But I suppose if pinball was still big business an entrepreneur would have to make decisions/gambles to get ahead of the pack rather than waiting to see what happens. eg. buy 50 Hobbits rather than 25 of each. Because revenue figures on small numbers of machine in a small number of different locations would be unlikely to tell you everything.

#6 9 years ago

Chicks dig the WOZ man.....

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Chicks dig the WOZ man.....

As long as they don't have to dig in their purse.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

As long as they don't have to dig in their purse.

Touche.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 91.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-v-the-hobbit-on-location and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.