You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WoZ_feb03.jpg
WoZ_feb.jpg
wozpffull.jpg
wozpf.jpg
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 12 years ago

Looking good....and interesting.

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

This looks amazing, there is no way this pin doesn't go down as one of the greatest. I just wish it wasn't WOZ. Love the art work!

Funny, if it weren't for the theme I would have probably never bought one. However, I do get it. If AC/DC or a zombie themed pin were the greatest game in the world I would never buy it purely based upon the theme.

Different strokes for different folks.

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from TheStranger:

jarjarisgod said:TheStranger said:I don't know. I'm certainly not complaining that at least four more projects are coming from him including the companion documentary piece to The Tree of Life called Voyage of Time. Rumor has it, we might even get a 6 hour cut of Tree. Exciting.
That would be awesome! I'm certainly not complaining either. "Tree of Life" was a pretty amazing experience. One of those films that demands to be seen on the big screen to be fully appreciated.
I've always been a big fan of "The Thin Red Line". "Saving Private Ryan" may have won the awards, but it is nowhere near as good as Line IMO.
I saw Tree of Life six times in the theatre. Film is so polarizing, you either love it or hate it. Days of Heaven is prob my fave film ever. It took me a couple of viewings to fully appreciate Thin Red Line, I didn't really like it til I saw the Blu-Ray version of the film. Love it! Malicks films are so audio/visual you really need to experience his stuff on a decent theatre system to get everything. We need Badlands on Blu-Ray already!

The Thin Red Line is one of the best films ever made. Fantastic film making.

Tree of Life was beyond horrible. Self indulgent masturbatory effort. And that's being kind.

#55 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

TheStranger said:jarjarisgod said:TheStranger said:I don't know. I'm certainly not complaining that at least four more projects are coming from him including the companion documentary piece to The Tree of Life called Voyage of Time. Rumor has it, we might even get a 6 hour cut of Tree. Exciting.
That would be awesome! I'm certainly not complaining either. "Tree of Life" was a pretty amazing experience. One of those films that demands to be seen on the big screen to be fully appreciated.
I've always been a big fan of "The Thin Red Line". "Saving Private Ryan" may have won the awards, but it is nowhere near as good as Line IMO.
I saw Tree of Life six times in the theatre. Film is so polarizing, you either love it or hate it. Days of Heaven is prob my fave film ever. It took me a couple of viewings to fully appreciate Thin Red Line, I didn't really like it til I saw the Blu-Ray version of the film. Love it! Malicks films are so audio/visual you really need to experience his stuff on a decent theatre system to get everything. We need Badlands on Blu-Ray already!
The Thin Red Line is one of the best films ever made. Fantastic film making.
Tree of Life was beyond horrible. Self indulgent masturbatory effort. And that's being kind.

OK, let's remember, this thread is about WOZ. Lots of room for Terrence Malick talk in the Pinball Bar subforum.

#56 12 years ago

wow looks awesome might have to consider buying gorillas when he sells his!

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

What's the deal with that bit at the back on the right? It seems like it's blocked off but there's a rollover switch groove and posts. How the hell could you get the ball up there?

The door at the back right is where the flying monkey drops the ball that it picks up from the main playfield. The VUK drops the ball onto the upper playfield around where the steps on the artwork curve. You can see the VUK wireform coming up from the main playfield.

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

where the flying monkey drops the ball that it picks up

Damn, I forgot about the flying monkey! This is going to be a cool game for sure. Can't wait!

#59 12 years ago

Hang on though. I assumed that the flying monkey would drop the ball (Dorothy) at the top left of the mini playfield. That's why you are hammering against it to rescue her. If not, then what is that top left area for?

#60 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Hang on though. I assumed that the flying monkey would drop the ball (Dorothy) at the top left of the mini playfield.

I'm assuming that you are hammering on the door to get in the castle. Once you get in (and lock the ball), you'll rescue Dorothy from her place in the upper right. All guesses on my part based on the pics and playfield drawings that have been released.

#61 12 years ago

wow this is going to be great.

much better than anything stern as done lately! stern better come up with something new and different and better quality... this pin will kick ass, i can only imagine what the next JJP pin will be like. man this is great for pinball!

#62 12 years ago

That's looking pretty good!

Quoted from dvandentop:

wow looks awesome might have to consider buying gorillas when he sells his!

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

chocky909 said:shock_me said:
Could be just glare, but that looks like a Williams Lightning flipper they have installed.
[Excited] W-w-what's a Williams Lightning flipper?!?
Slightly shorter versions to make the games harder. Introduced around BSD time i think? Fishtales has them too I believe.

[No longer excited] Oh... right... thanks. They really don't live up to their name. Lightning = bit shorter.

I hope the main flippers are standard.

#64 12 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

LOL, funny JJP couldn't do that

If he did it we would bitch about the photoshop work that he did!

#65 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

It looks like there *might* be just enough room for the doors to open upward with a ball in the saucer.

It looks to me like those doors will pivot... or swing... like doors. Cool!

Can you believe it?... My wife is WANTING me to buy a new machine now!

#66 12 years ago

Looks awesome so far

#67 12 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

StevenP said:It looks like there *might* be just enough room for the doors to open upward with a ball in the saucer.
It looks to me like those doors will pivot... or swing... like doors. Cool!
Can you believe it?... My wife is WANTING me to buy a new machine now!

Oh, they definitely pivot and swing like doors, as does the single door in the upper right. And I bet they will look lke very cool doors when finished, and not metal plates.

Just realized what this pf artwork reminds me of: Devil's Crush pinball on the TG-16! Best pinball game of the classic console era, bar none.

#68 12 years ago

It looks great!!! All I know is if these guys can make WOZ cool, then I can't wait to see what they do with a good theme.

#69 12 years ago

I'm at the "mind game" stage with this game. You know, when you start thinking of things you can sell and do without in order to convince yourself you CAN order it. Let's see, how many Diet Cokes do I have to skip to get $6,500?

#70 12 years ago

looks fantastic!

#71 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

It looks great!!! All I know is if these guys can make WOZ cool, then I can't wait to see what they do with a good theme.

Yeah. I'm betting they can make a killer game from a good theme as well as they are doing with this great theme!

#72 12 years ago

This really is shaping up to be something special and hopefully the start of a great run of pinball machines.

Not a theme for me but if number 2 has the same attention to detail and the theme is a winner ( Medieval 2? ) then it will be too hard to resist buying number 2

#73 12 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not a theme for me but if number 2 has the same attention to detail and the theme is a winner ( Medieval 2? ) then it will be too hard to resist buying number 2

I actually think the theme is cool for pinball!

#74 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Honch said:It looks great!!! All I know is if these guys can make WOZ cool, then I can't wait to see what they do with a good theme.
Yeah. I'm betting they can make a killer game from a good theme as well as they are doing with this great theme!

+1

well played sir

#75 12 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Let's see, how many Diet Cokes do I have to skip to get $6,500?

Well, if you're anything like me and generally buy from the store when they are no more than $.25/can, then factoring in the occasional higher cost (say a 32oz from McDonalds for $1), you can probably roughly figure your DC to be around $0.025/oz. That comes out to about 40oz/$1 or 260,000 total oz of DC. That's the equivalent to 21,666 2/3 cans.

Now, as you might have inferred by this point, I drink a crap ton of diet coke. My guess is on my worst day I could drink like 10 cans which would be 5.94 years of DC (assuming maximal consumption each of those days, which is admittedly unlikely) to get to $6500.

Not to depress you or anything, but it is something I think about. Just sayin' you might have to find an alternate strategy.

#76 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

txstargazer3 said:
Let's see, how many Diet Cokes do I have to skip to get $6,500?

Who is buying a WOZ for $6500 now?

#77 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Who is buying a WOZ for $6500 now?

Ah, fair point. That number is engrained into my mind I guess. Well, the non-LE version will still be 6500, so there's that. Otherwise, multiply diet cokes by 1.154.

#78 12 years ago

Otherwise, multiply diet cokes by 1.154.

Thanks for the quick re calculation! I am now drinking more tap water....to fund my $7500 I put out as a late arrival to the craze!

#79 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I am now drinking more tap water....to fund my $7500 I put out as a late arrival to the craze! []

Go Gorilla!

#80 12 years ago
Quoted from vex:

+1

well played sir []

Pleeeaaasse!! Yeah your right, WOZ is an Awesome theme. If you survey men age 25 to 40. I'm sure that would be the first thing out of their mouth.

#81 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

vex said:+1
well played sir []
Pleeeaaasse!! Yeah your right, WOZ is an Awesome theme. If you survey men age 25 to 40. I'm sure that would be the first thing out of their mouth.

35 and still think WOZ is a great theme. Maybe not for the male 25-40 age group but for all ages, sexes, etc as a whole.

#82 12 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

35 and still think WOZ is a great theme. Maybe not for the male 25-40 age group but for all ages, sexes, etc as a whole

Regardless, I hope it does rock, so I can get in on their next pin.

#83 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

vex said:+1
well played sir []

if you servey 25-40 year old males some might actually prefer men to women, doesn't mean they are right.

same with woz, some males like you don't like the theme, doesn't mean you are right either.

it all boils down to personal preference.
there is no right or wrong here, just opinions.

i think we can agree that it will be of much higher quality than any stern and will, hopefully be an amazing game to play.

#84 12 years ago

My impression of the Castle doors. Thought I could share it with you as well.
(Just for fun

WoZ_feb03.jpgWoZ_feb03.jpg

#85 12 years ago

nice work!

#86 12 years ago

I chose $6,500 because with the Emerald City version sold out, the regular version (which plays the same) is being offered on Jack's site for $6,500 with a $250 down payment to lock it in.

Now if I only get my hair cut half as often and don't order cheese on my burgers...

#87 12 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Emerald City version sold out

Got it! I bought mine from Pincades in Indiana. (WOZLE, I mean).
Later..........

#88 12 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

(Just for fun

Attachments WoZ_feb03.jpg (841.3 KB, 0 downloads) 30 minutes old

Really nice. This got me thinking how they will register hits on the door. On MM there are optos on the path. I wonder if the doors won't even have a switch set to them. There must be some locking mech for the doors like the crate on SS. I wonder once you lite the rescue targets the Break Down Door Insert will flash and then you hit the door and the ball enters the saucer. Now I just thought, maybe there will be an eddy sensor at the door like the crate in SS to register hits to the door. Damn, my head is swimming with ideas right now.

#89 12 years ago

I can't wait for this game anymore.

#90 12 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

(Just for fun

Very nice

I also wonder about the amount of standup targets there are in WOZ with letters... This gets me wondering if there will be Easter Eggs with odd words spelled. Anyone else thinking of this ?

#91 12 years ago
Quoted from vex:

hopefully be an amazing game to play.

I agree with this part.

#92 12 years ago

As much as I love the quality of the artwork, if that's the 'dark side' of WOZ I can't wait to see Munchkinland!

#93 12 years ago

You've got some mad skills there, PinPeet! Are you by any chance a graphic artist by trade?

#94 12 years ago

I think the artwork is spot on with what Bally/Williams was doing in the day. I am very impressed overall with what I have seen.

#95 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

[No longer excited] Oh... right... thanks. They really don't live up to their name. Lightning = bit shorter.

I hope the main flippers are standard.

Sorry I missed this earlier... It's a standard flipper. It is definitely glare on that picture... The lightning bolts are WAY more reliefed than what you're seeing on that photo.

#96 12 years ago

Can we expect some "Bovine Intervention" on WOZ P_K???

#97 12 years ago

Hey PinPeet! Pinballhead.com are passing your composite pic off as their own. I'm assuming you don't work for them of course...

http://pinballhead.com/witchs-castle-mini-playfield-from-woz/

#98 12 years ago

Actually, that's not his photo. If you look closely, the alignment is slightly different, and there's been no attempt made to add shadows.

#99 12 years ago

txstargazer3 said:Let's see, how many Diet Cokes do I have to skip to get $6,500?
Well, if you're anything like me and generally buy from the store when they are no more than $.25/can, then factoring in the occasional higher cost (say a 32oz from McDonalds for $1), you can probably roughly figure your DC to be around $0.025/oz. That comes out to about 40oz/$1 or 260,000 total oz of DC. That's the equivalent to 21,666 2/3 cans.
Now, as you might have inferred by this point, I drink a crap ton of diet coke. My guess is on my worst day I could drink like 10 cans which would be 5.94 years of DC (assuming maximal consumption each of those days, which is admittedly unlikely) to get to $6500.
Not to depress you or anything, but it is something I think about. Just sayin' you might have to find an alternate strategy.

Wow, that is a lot of diet coke.........

#100 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Hey PinPeet! Pinballhead.com are passing your composite pic off as their own. I'm assuming you don't work for them of course...
http://pinballhead.com/witchs-castle-mini-playfield-from-woz/

That is not PinPeet's image. They are slightly different.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.50
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-upper-pf/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.