You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WoZ_feb03.jpg
WoZ_feb.jpg
wozpffull.jpg
wozpf.jpg
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 12 years ago

Anyone seen this yet? Looks good!

http://tinyurl.com/7245w9h

fixed

#2 12 years ago

Looks cool, save dorthy, break down the wall.

#3 12 years ago

How the heck did my link turn out so huge? LOL..!

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

That's what she said.

#5 12 years ago

I love this -

These game cabinets are constructed in a different way from any pinball cabinet in the past. The assembly as well as the construction techniques require more labor and more money to produce but will provide the level of quality and craftsmanship that JJP represents.

I am guessing this means no pegs and plastic apron.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Tiny URL is your friend.

#7 12 years ago

pic

wozpf.jpgwozpf.jpg wozpffull.jpgwozpffull.jpg

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

shock_me said:

That's what she said.

Exactly!!

#9 12 years ago

WOZ is coming together nicely!

#10 12 years ago

emerald-coated rails, is that a sword tip on the flipper? Really like the style, the stairs, single and double doors...

#11 12 years ago

I combined both images. http://i39.tinypic.com/8zfsxu.jpg
Looks great, cannot wait to play!!!!!

WoZ_feb.jpgWoZ_feb.jpg

#12 12 years ago

you rock PinPeet!

#14 12 years ago

Wow, isn't it refreshing to see a game with original, hand-drawn artwork?

Brings back fond memories...

#15 12 years ago

I like the mini ..

Jim

#16 12 years ago

That looks pretty sweet indeed! Can't wait to see how the main playfield will look.

#17 12 years ago

Wow this is gonna be good. I have been watching alot of LOTR videos and noticed the same orchestral music (I mean style) that WOZ will provide. I know people were bashing a little bit on the music and look it how high LOTR is ranked.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

emerald-coated rails

+1

I dig the artwork too.

#19 12 years ago

it looks like they're putting a lot of quality into their work.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

LOL, funny JJP couldn't do that

Why is that funny? You actually think we can't do that? You seriously LOLd at your own joke? Even if we had done it, it wouldn't've exactly been a truthful representation since the arted pf hasn't actually been built up yet.

For the record I thought it was a nicely done job, PinPeet.

#21 12 years ago

Looking good Keith! Can't wait to see some more artwork!

#22 12 years ago

Game is going to be great! love the playfield, but not the theme. This artwork is pretty darn nice though Nice work JJP team!

#23 12 years ago

I am glad pinpeet did it. It looks nice and truly shows of the playfield almost fully assembled.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

For the record I thought it was a nicely done job, PinPeet.

My hands just couldn't wait keeping my imagination busy!

My applause goes to you, I am waiting for the things you created! Cheers.

#25 12 years ago

It looks awesome. Man I really wish I wasn’t so turned off by the theme, because it looks like it’s going to be a fun game. The dang theme keeps me from owning one, just can’t get past it.

#26 12 years ago

WOZ continues to impress. Can't wait to see the rest of the playfield art. This pin is definitely raising the bar. Great job on the combo pic PinPeet!

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I am guessing this means no pegs and plastic apron.

Ugh, the plastic aprons are an embarrassment. I agree

#28 12 years ago

looking nice

#29 12 years ago

Beautiful! I'm so glad that it's got a lovely high definition graphic style with black outlines. I think the film stills are well integrated and love that the elements overlap onto the playfield out of the circle.

Looks like a big leap in quality over any playfield artwork that Stern have produced this century AFAIK.

#30 12 years ago

Looks pretty cool.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

fixed

Why didn't you post this in the Jersey Jack Sub-Forum?

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

shock_me said:

fixed
Why didn't you post this in the Jersey Jack Sub-Forum?

Because I didn't. If it bugs you, get a mod to move it

Honestly, I don't even look at the sub forums, just this one. Sorry.

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Wow, isn't it refreshing to see a game with original, hand-drawn artwork?

Brings back fond memories...

Is that hand drawn? It doesn't look any more hand drawn that recent Sterns. Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like Photoshop work in the middle there. Not saying that's a bad thing at all but I don't think that was hand drawn. I could be wrong, not too much detail from the pic.

#34 12 years ago

Looks nice.

#35 12 years ago

Could be just glare, but that looks like a Williams Lightning flipper they have installed.

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from pinb0t:

Is that hand drawn? It doesn't look any more hand drawn that recent Sterns. Maybe I'm wrong but it looks like Photoshop work in the middle there. Not saying that's a bad thing at all but I don't think that was hand drawn. I could be wrong, not too much detail from the pic.

Well obviously the characters in the middle are based on film stills but I think they've been replicated using hand drawn art techniques. I think the cabinet art has been done the same way.

Quoted from shock_me:

Because I didn't. If it bugs you, get a mod to move it
Honestly, I don't even look at the sub forums, just this one. Sorry.

Hey don't sweat it! Most of the threads in Pinside Talk don't really belong there it seems to me. It'd just be nice for people periodically checking the Jersey Jack forum would see that there has been an update after it has dropped off the front page.

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Could be just glare, but that looks like a Williams Lightning flipper they have installed.

[Excited] W-w-what's a Williams Lightning flipper?!?

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

they've been replicated using hand drawn art techniques. I think the cabinet art has been done the same way.

I think I read that somewhere too. Some of these artists are very good. Almost too good if you know what i mean.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

shock_me said:

[Excited] W-w-what's a Williams Lightning flipper?!?

Slightly shorter versions to make the games harder. Introduced around BSD time i think? Fishtales has them too I believe.

#40 12 years ago

If the new Terrence Malick film doesn't come out this year the release of WOZ could be the event of the year for me. Can't wait to play it!!

#41 12 years ago

What's the deal with that bit at the back on the right? It seems like it's blocked off but there's a rollover switch groove and posts. How the hell could you get the ball up there?

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from TheStranger:

If the new Terrence Malick film doesn't come out this year

Yeah, what's the deal with him lately? He does nothing for 20 years then does 3 movies in the last 13 and has another 3-4 films in the pipeline. Is he trying to become prolific in his waning years?

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

TheStranger said:If the new Terrence Malick film doesn't come out this year
Yeah, what's the deal with him lately? He does nothing for 20 years then does 3 movies in the last 13 and has another 3-4 films in the pipeline. Is he trying to become prolific in his waning years?

I don't know. I'm certainly not complaining that at least four more projects are coming from him including the companion documentary piece to The Tree of Life called Voyage of Time. Rumor has it, we might even get a 6 hour cut of Tree. Exciting.

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from TheStranger:

I don't know. I'm certainly not complaining that at least four more projects are coming from him including the companion documentary piece to The Tree of Life called Voyage of Time. Rumor has it, we might even get a 6 hour cut of Tree. Exciting.

That would be awesome! I'm certainly not complaining either. "Tree of Life" was a pretty amazing experience. One of those films that demands to be seen on the big screen to be fully appreciated.

I've always been a big fan of "The Thin Red Line". "Saving Private Ryan" may have won the awards, but it is nowhere near as good as Line IMO.

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

PinPeet said:I combined both images. http://i39.tinypic.com/8zfsxu.jpg
Looks great, cannot wait to play!!!!!
Attachments WoZ_feb.jpg (732.6 KB, 1 downloads) 1 hour old
What's the deal with that bit at the back on the right? It seems like it's blocked off but there's a rollover switch groove and posts. How the hell could you get the ball up there?

That is a single door in the upper right. Pretty sure there will be a VUK dropping a ball behind the door, so the door may act as a ball lock that releases. The saucer behind the double door is another ball lock. Pretty sure the Flying Monkey Ball Lock will drop a ball behind one door or the other, may be set up to do either.

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

TheStranger said:I don't know. I'm certainly not complaining that at least four more projects are coming from him including the companion documentary piece to The Tree of Life called Voyage of Time. Rumor has it, we might even get a 6 hour cut of Tree. Exciting.
That would be awesome! I'm certainly not complaining either. "Tree of Life" was a pretty amazing experience. One of those films that demands to be seen on the big screen to be fully appreciated.
I've always been a big fan of "The Thin Red Line". "Saving Private Ryan" may have won the awards, but it is nowhere near as good as Line IMO.

I saw Tree of Life six times in the theatre. Film is so polarizing, you either love it or hate it. Days of Heaven is prob my fave film ever. It took me a couple of viewings to fully appreciate Thin Red Line, I didn't really like it til I saw the Blu-Ray version of the film. Love it! Malicks films are so audio/visual you really need to experience his stuff on a decent theatre system to get everything. We need Badlands on Blu-Ray already!

#47 12 years ago

So basically a bash toy on the mini playfield? That's awesome.

#48 12 years ago

This looks amazing, there is no way this pin doesn't go down as one of the greatest. I just wish it wasn't WOZ. Love the art work!

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

So basically a bash toy on the mini playfield? That's awesome.

Yeah. It looks like there *might* be just enough room for the doors to open upward with a ball in the saucer. Wondering how it will detect hits--an eddy sensor in front, maybe? Don't see any place for optos. Maybe a magnetic reed switch recessed under the pf? Or a mechanical sensor on the doors themselves?

I'm getting a clear sense that this game is going above and beyond. Even the build quality on the mini-pf seems solid.

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from TheStranger:

I saw Tree of Life six times in the theatre. Film is so polarizing, you either love it or hate it. Days of Heaven is prob my fave film ever. It took me a couple of viewings to fully appreciate Thin Red Line, I didn't really like it til I saw the Blu-Ray version of the film. Love it! Malicks films are so audio/visual you really need to experience his stuff on a decent theatre system to get everything. We need Badlands on Blu-Ray already!

Awesome! His movies are so gorgeous to look at that even if one can't get into the subject matter they surely can enjoy them for the visuals alone. And yes, surround sound is a must for a film like "The Thin Red Line". I first watched it back around the time I got my first DVD player in '99 and was blown away. After seeing it, I found it hard to believe that I had heard little to nothing about it.

I should watch "The New World" again. Another overlooked gem of his. Don't think I've watched it since the theater, but I loved it when I did. I have the Blu-ray laying around still in the plastic just waiting for the mood to strike.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-upper-pf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.