IMG_1138.jpg
IMG_1137.jpg
woz3.jpg
woz2.jpg
woz1.jpg
emperor.jpg
woz-score-o-matic.jpg
production_started.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#186 11 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I was able to play 4 games of WOZ at the Ohio show. A few impressions I have from the game are as follows:
Pros:
Cabinet quality was very good - Solid sturdy feel
Playfield looked very good but the art didn't look custom draw to me. I prefer the hand draw art similar to what skitb lis doing
Playfield parts - very nice quality toys and components - great workmanship
Witch magnet - the ball seemed to swirl just like when the witch throws a fireball this was a cool effect.
LCD screen - This has great potential and will give the machine one advantage over all others in today's market. This setup will enable it to draw attention to itself in the current redemption arcades. Current machines seem to get lost in all the bells and whistles that the redemption machines have and based on what I have seen with the WOZ coin pusher machine that Jack was involved in he does know how to get people to play his game. The WOZ pusher machine was the Most active machine by far at Kalahari water parks arcade.
Sound - the sound was great very crisp and clear.
Cons:
Flippers - 1) The slippers are hard for me to look at when capturing a ball the length is deceptive - cool idea just not for me
2) the flippers are not strong enough for me, I could hit dead center on the ramp from the right flipper and it would not make the ramp. The left flipper could make the ramp but not with great power. As a note the legs were set the same front and back, so if they raise the incline I can only see it becoming more of an issue.
Upper castle playfield - I made it up to this 3 times and was able to open the doors and get the ball in the door every time. I'm not sure what the plan is for this but it was not very challenging.
Code / rules - as everyone knows they aren't done so I'm sure this will be fine when complete. However as of yesterday they are very rudimentary.
Multi-ball - I was disappointed in the disbursement of the multi-ball they all line up in a row and when they are released they slowly come down the ramp and to the left flipper in a controlled manner. I think it's much better when they all come at you from the playfield in a much more random fashion.
Overall play - the game just felt padded or something the only way I can describe it is "gooey molasses" something was just missing.
LCD screen - I'm not sure I would want that being left on in a home environment when other things were going on it could be very distracting. If you leave you machine off and only turn it on when you want to play it shouldn't be an issue.

Nice write up of your initial impressions. Thanks.

Jim

1 week later
#386 11 years ago

I find it a little amusing when people are so certain in their conclusions as to what must be the state of Jack's company, his motivation, or the current progress on WOZ based on what is brought to a show, or some comment Jack makes.

Not that they're necessarily wrong, but who really knows?

#437 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You will have to explain that to me Tom, because I really don't know WTF you are talking about.
Just saying.

Rob, whenever I see a post from you regarding WOZ I would lay odds it will be negative in tone. Same with Pappy, McCune, Benepinball, Chessiv and others. I wouldn't go so far as to say you are "haters who want JJP to fail".

Just as my I may come across as a WOZ fanboy and Stern hater, though I think LOTR, TSPP and a few others are great pins. I hope Stern produces machines of their like again and I think they're moving in that direction. In the mean time, I will call em like I see em in hope that the input might lead to improvements.

Perhaps you guys are just doing the same. Perhaps you have some other agenda, only you know.

Flame suit on

#478 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you see a post from me about WOZ or JJP that you disagree with, how about responding to it with your reasons for disagreeing with it? We can discuss it.

If the point of your post was to get me to post "positive" things about WOZ or JJP, in order to prove I'm not biased, you have failed.

Rob, at this point most stuff is just personal opinion and conjecture. What makes mine any better than yours such that I should try to "correct" you? Who knows, you may be right and are certainly entitled to your opinions.

The point of my post was to simply make the observation that I can count on some of you to have a criticism or complaint when you post to a WOZ thread and that only you know what your motivation is for doing so (this was somewhat in response to your complete incredulity when TomGWI suggested you seemed to have a bias)

It was not an attempt to get you to change your posting habits to please me or anyone else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 24.50
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-updates-form-ohio?tu=Jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.