12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WOZ.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

FYI I just got word that an update is coming today.

#2 12 years ago

Also, Jersey Jack Pinball is just 4 likes away from 1000 on facebook.

#3 12 years ago

I finally got on their update list today. Woo and Hoo!

#4 12 years ago

I'm getting a tingle in me gulliver...

#6 12 years ago

How the hell do ya make those cool moving thingys??

#7 12 years ago

look up (to the right right) when you post

#8 12 years ago

JJP ....I'ts heeeere
Thanks Drano!!

#10 12 years ago

Does the link work for everybody?

#11 12 years ago

More cabinet pics... I suppose you can see a bit of the latest whitewood...

You notice the cabinet seems to be missing the flipper protectors in those shots?

#12 12 years ago

Shaping up to be something really special.........darn it, wish I liked the theme!!

#13 12 years ago

It works for me. (Firefox). Thanks.

#14 12 years ago

Nothing new. Some update.

#15 12 years ago

Yes, I hope they do have the flipper protectors in the final version.
Also, is this the first real pictures of the LCD screen in the actual cabinet?

Other notes, the flying monkey, Dorothy's house, and witch's castle are in the cabinet in completed form. You can see the house's scale in one of the pictures.

#16 12 years ago

The update talks about how deep the rules will be that Keefer is creating. I think we should start calling Keefer's work as "Keefer Madness"

#17 12 years ago

Here is the update for the folks not on the email list. If you would like to see the pics for yourself.

http://www.ovfdfireman.com/Ovfdfireman/Blog/Entries/2012/2/14_JJP_WOZ_Update.html

#18 12 years ago

Jack just said that the flipper button protectors are not needed because they are using a special coating to protect the cabinet from wear.

#19 12 years ago

WOZ is gonna be something special that changes pinball!!
JJP has already caused Stern to innovate and hire great designers and software designers! Good for both companies and Pinheads

I am excited to see the finished product on WOZ!!

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

WOZ is gonna be something special that changes pinball!!
JJP has already caused Stern to innovate and hire great designers and software designers! Good for both companies and Pinheads

I am excited to see the finished product on WOZ!!

Even more excited now that it's coming together nicely!

#21 12 years ago

WOZ is going to look epic!!!

#22 12 years ago

I expect them to start holding the cards closer to the chest. If we knew everything before the release it would not give us anything to look at. They are making a lot of progress.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

More cabinet pics... I suppose you can see a bit of the latest whitewood...
You notice the cabinet seems to be missing the flipper protectors in those shots?

FInal version won't have flipper protectors. Instead, there will be a protective coating around the flipper button area. It'll look better than the siderail protectors imo.

#24 12 years ago

The cabinet is looking very "Williams-esque" with the slant of the backbox. I'm liking that!

#25 12 years ago

Is it me or does the apron look like its made of wood?

Invisiglass next week. Need to get a piece over here http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amazing-pinball-glass/page/4#post-161959 to get the best side by side by side by side comparison

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Jack just said that the flipper button protectors are not needed because they are using a special coating to protect the cabinet from wear.

Hmm. Well, the sideart does look better without but what kind of coating will they be using and if it's so easy to do something like that why has no one done it before?

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Nothing new. Some update.

I think Jack is trying to keep somethings secret until games are done. Don't blame him. We still haven't seen any pics of the AC/DC LEs and they're already sold out from what I keep hearing.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

chocky909 said:More cabinet pics... I suppose you can see a bit of the latest whitewood...
FInal version won't have flipper protectors. Instead, there will be a protective coating around the flipper button area. It'll look better than the siderail protectors imo.

Wow. Do you think they might clearcoat the cabinet? That would be really cool. Will be interesting to see what is done.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

if it's so easy to do something like that why has no one done it before?

Simple, $$$.

#30 12 years ago

what's all this about a melting witch? I don't remember hearing about this thing before.. even if it wasn't pictured.

#31 12 years ago

Greetings Pinball Fans (May 4,2011 JJP Update):

The second Toy to be revealed on the upcoming Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine is something that everyone will love to hit! The Wicked Witch of the West will be brought to life to taunt, tease, scare and to melt.

The concept model was made of foamcore and sheet styrene. It helps us visualize how the mechanism may look and operate. The three targets are at playfield level and the witch sits above them. The witch can appear when we want her to, either randomly or by achieving some goal. She can also disappear when we want her to, either randomly or by some series of shots. She can also melt by slowly sinking into the playfield. She won't be available for 'Melting Mode' until some other goals are met - perhaps meeting Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion, and the player going to OZ, first.

There are three targets in front of her, two one-inch and one half-inch in between them. When she appears, there could be a bonus amount that is shown on the LCD. Hit the half inch target only to make her disappear right away and collect the full bonus. If one of the yellow targets is hit first, the bonus starts decreasing and both of the other targets must be hit to make her disappear and collect the decreasing bonus. The bonus will decrease to X amount, never to 0.

Some possibilities may include if the player hits only the small red target each time she appears, X number of hits will start WITCH FIREBALL MULTIBALL.

The unique and proprietary mechanisms that are being created for The Wizard of Oz Pinball are Property of Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.

Quoted from Blakesell:

what's all this about a melting witch? I don't remember hearing about this thing before.. even if it wasn't pictured.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from Blakesell:

It's been there since the beginning...guess they are struggling with that one!

#33 12 years ago

The melting witch, they know what they want it to look like and have gone back to the mechanical engineer to get him to design it right. Some other pinball companies would have just settled and had the thing half-assed. Jack is willing to pay to get it right.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The melting witch, they know what they want it to look like and have gone back to the mechanical engineer to get him to design it right. Some other pinball companies would have just settled and had the thing half-assed. Jack is willing to pay to get it right.

That's why we are gonna love JJP pins!

#35 12 years ago

I really hope this machine lives up to the hype. We could be on the cusp of something great.

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You mean they did not put a spinning coffee can with a Joker inside, oops i mean a Witch inside?

#37 12 years ago

I Really Want to play WOZ ,, The Big 22" B/G DMD is Got to be Awesome !! The complete Witch's Castle, Flying Monkey and Dorothy's House , Man Alive . The Melting Witch , i Gotta See this !!

WOZ.jpgWOZ.jpg

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

DCFAN said:

You mean they did not put a spinning coffee can with a Joker inside, oops i mean a Witch inside?

You said it not me
Actually, I have not even seen BDK before. I actually hear it is a good game. Jack, in the podcast when he announced that he was forming a pinball company over a year ago, described chronologically how Stern's evolution has gone. I do not remember his exact words, but he sort of talked about the first games being a trial or learning process, then the LOTR, TSPP, RBION era was a success with quality, and then kind of spoke positively of a few games such as SM and BDK, but did not seem as upbeat about BDK. I think Jack certainly appreciated and liked quite a few of the Sterns, but felt in the last 3 to 4 years the games were not quite to the standard of the middle era with a few exceptions such as SM.
Jack's goal appears to be to make every game have quality and originality and above all to be fun, and I bet if he feels they cannot do that at some point he would just shut down his company (hopefully never).

#39 12 years ago

Does anybody know where the speakers are located? It almost looks as though it will be a strip speaker like some modern surround sound systems have.

Also, Jack said that the apron will be a different construction from anything that has been done before. It sort of looks like wood in the pictures.

#40 12 years ago

Here is Jacks quote regarding the melting witch.I pulled it from the WOZ owners group forum.
I believe that I can make this public as "it is just the fact of the matter"

The first Witch was done a while ago. As Matt started to create what
he needed to create - I did not like the way it was going. We called
in the mechanical engineer who did the Witch and asked him to do it a
different way so that the effect we originally wanted would be
achieved. Takes longer, more $ - who cares.....we want it the way we
want it......

#41 12 years ago

I sincerely hope one of my local ops gets one for me to play! I am sure one up or flipper McGills will.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

This is really interesting...
Last year I've sent them samples of transparent decals which exactly fit around the flipper buttons
to protect this area from wear (made with a cutting plotter). They have nearly zero softeners and a special glue, which makes
them easy to remove and they are less expensive to make, compared to the rails with ears.
Maybe this is the solution JJP has choosen...

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from MagicJumpi:

DCFAN said:

This is really interesting...
Last year I've sent them samples of transparent decals which exactly fit around the flipper buttons
to protect this area from wear (made with a cutting plotter). They have nearly zero softeners and a special glue, which makes
them easy to remove and they are less expensive to make, compared to the rails with ears.
Maybe this is the solution JJP has choosen...

Sounds more like a type of clearcoat to me.

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

if it's so easy to do something like that why has no one done it before

It has been said, $$$ is one reason. With no competition there is no need to step up. There are also processes available now that were not before.

#45 12 years ago

I hope it's not just a transparent decal because they visually advertised those flipper protectors as part of the 'premium emerald armour' set and I think I'd rather have them than some sticky backed plastic. If they can come up with a classier way to do it though I'm in favour because I've never like the look of protectors generally.

#46 12 years ago

my friend Sal wants to buy one, cant wait to play

#47 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Gotta See this !!

I love that picture you posted B_R those guys all have smiles on their faces. You can tell they love what their doing and how it is turning out. I hope I get the chance to play one when it's released!

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I sincerely hope one of my local ops gets one for me to play! I am sure one up or flipper McGills will.

I know of atleast one op that has one on order. That op's in our market

#49 12 years ago

Looks like I'll just have to go to JJP Headquarters to play it....

#50 12 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I sincerely hope one of my local ops gets one for me to play!

I heard from a reliable source that Kevin,Owner of Lyons Classic Pinball in Lyons,CO. has 1 going into that establishment to go along with all his other well kept and clean machines for the public to play and enjoy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,000 (OBO)
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-update-coming-later-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.