Facebook_12-10-25_Factory_11.jpg
Facebook_12-10-25_Factory_7.jpg
Facebook_12-10-25_Factory_2.jpg
14257_433797526683401_1664700171_n.jpg
sweet-glasses.jpg
16896_433391363390684_823241070_n.jpg
abandon_thread.gif
beatdeadhorsef9yp.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 11 years ago

As soon as you see the parking lot full of cars at the facility that the assembly will be taking place at, you know that you are 6 months away from the game rolling out.

You know that there will need to be forklift operators, people making wiring harnesses, assembling cabinets, soldering parts, sorting shipments, testing machines, cleaning glass, touching up paint, populating playfields, prepping boxes....

You guys can guess and speculate forever, or someone who lives nearby can drive past the facility once a week and watch for when all the workers get hired in.

Simple really.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Dont start pulling that logic and common sense stuff around here buddy.

I know, I'm a Logic Rebel by nature.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

A lot of the assembly is done elsewhere. The cabinets are built elsewhere. The coils are pre-assembled because that is the way Jack wanted it. The wiring harnesses are probably also made by a supplier. The lighting should be much simpler to assemble because they will be with circuit boards instead of individually wired light sockets.

Yep, that's all standard stuff even back in the Williams days (except that everyone else made their own wiring harnesses) .

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am pretty sure Stern builds their own flipper mechanisms and coil assemblies. Jack is having the whole thing ready to install when he gets it.

I thought Stern got their coils from CC in Chicago.

JJP is using Williams hardware, so the complete Chinese made assemblies are available from several vendors cheap:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=172

No big deal either way, if I can assemble a flipper assembly in 2 minutes - then someone who does it all day long can probably do it in 1.

2 months later
#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Bartstoys:

Well that's a good sign, there are machines being built. Luckily since JJP is a NJ company everyone is guaranteed their machines. The NJ dept of consumer affairs almost assured Bob that he would receive his game. This because each consumer is protected by some NJ law about theft by deception. Stay tuned!

If the NJ department of consumer affairs is so powerful, how come they have not shut down MAD?

#104 11 years ago

Our flipper assemblies are 100% manufactured in the USA; the coil, the plunger, the link, the pawl, the nylon bushing, the coil stop, the coil bracket, the EOS switch, the grommet, the base, the spring, everything. Everything.
Terry.

That's good to know!

Where is your "MADE IN USA" Flag and Label?

Nothing on your website stating country of origin either.

I mean, maybe somebody named ROC packed this bag, but when I see a label like that, I think Republic Of China, LOL.

roc.jpgroc.jpg

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

That is not our product and it did not come from Pinball Life.
Terry.

Whether it is or isn't, how does anyone know YOUR product is made in the USA?

Your website does not state this.

Your packaging does not state this.

Your invoice does not state this.

Have some pride in the USA and let the people know!!!!!!!

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If the product or packaging is NOT marked with any country of origin, it is made in the USA if made and sold in compliance with commercial & consumer trade regulations. Made in USA is an optional statement.

So all that playfield rubber that is not marked, yet is made overseas is illegal?

I thought only clothing and food had to be marked?

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Not to stir the pot, but...
Vid1900, did you already know that pic was not Pinballlife's product? Cuz if you did, then shame sir!
Maybe do some product placement research before condemning a business. I'm guilty of the same mistakes...

I was not condemning any company AT ALL.

I was showing that some flipper rebuild kits appear to be made in China (or packed by "ROC", and that makes people think "Republic Of China").

So there is going be be confusion with the buying public if a company, selling a identical looking product, does not label their product as MADE IN USA.

I have rebuilt 1000s of flippers, and if I did not know that PL sold American made rebuild kits, how would ANYONE know?

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

When I've been there I'm usually watching Terry and the guys build them if that helps.

I totally believe Terry is telling the truth, LOL.

I just would love if he shows some USA pride and puts it on his packaging and/or website.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-update-and-estimated-delivery-date-badly-needed?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.