Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wisemanbba
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Having issues with balls not coming out of trough on Wizard of Oz. Will try to release a ball 5-10 times before finally working. Just started up. Any idea?

Thanks

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Having issues with balls not coming out of trough on Wizard of Oz. Will try to release a ball 5-10 times before finally working. Just started up. Any idea?
Thanks

Increase coil power on the system settings menu. Probably got weaker over time and now it can't get the ball up. If bumping it up 5 or 6 doesn't work, make sure the hardware moves freely in the coil sleeve. I have one where the coil swelled suddenly, and made it so the whole thing was bound up. Had to replace the coil.

#3 2 years ago

There is a tab near where the ball exits that can interfere and cause that to happen. A little bend and it is fixed. Google and you can find some pictures but it is super easy to fix once you see it.

#4 2 years ago

The bolts holding the coil plate may have also loosened and you may need to adjust back to factory position as well

#5 2 years ago

You can increase power but make sure the rubber tip on the ball trough kicker is still there and in good shape. It's common for these rubber tips to wear.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from clg:

There is a tab near where the ball exits that can interfere and cause that to happen. A little bend and it is fixed. Google and you can find some pictures but it is super easy to fix once you see it.

Here are some concise instructions complete with images that show a fix for this issue (courtesy of PinPlay website).

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Gord

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Here are some concise instructions complete with images that show a fix for this issue (courtesy of PinPlay website).
http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html
Gord

^^THIS!
I had this exact issue recently, on a brand new WOZ, and I fixed it by doing precisely what is in these instructions.
Hope it helps/

#8 2 years ago

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! I'll try what that site recommends.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 279.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, TX

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside